Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim won't feed toddlers - help!

I didn't notice this issue until I picked up my 100 Baby Challenge, but if I click on the high chair and try and get the Sim to feed the toddler, nothing happens. It doesn't even pop up as a task. I've repaired the game fully, but it's still happening. Is this a new bug, or something else?

PS: Checking the toddler results in the task cancelling half the time too.

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Here's a suggestion from a recent thread.

I noticed that when you click on the High Chair and choose "Feed toddler", the sim giving the toddler food will do nothing. You have to manually click on the toddler and then select "Feed Toddler" from the pie menu.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18135046#Comment_18135046
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I always pull some leftovers from the fridge, stick 'em on the floor near a sofa, and let the toddler feed themself. It's the easiest way.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    edited June 2022
    I don't ever click on the highchair. I either do what @simgirl1010 posted, or, I click on mom or dad, go to the toddler care tab in the pie menu, and click feed from there. I don't have any of the issues with not feeding or the other parent coming along and taking them out of the high chair with either of those options.

ETA: I just realized I put the same option in there twice.🤦🏻‍♀️ It's fixed now with the second option.
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I think there’s a glitch in the game because it used to work just fine and now it does the same for me too. So now I just have to have a group meal and have the toddler get the food that way. It’s not totally realitisc but it’s the only way I can ge them to eat.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I've always just dragged food from the fridge to where they are and click them to grab a serving. They waddle to the nearest chair, bed, sofa or just simply eat on the floor. You do have to figure out where they ditch the plate though.
  • ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    There is a bug with the highchairs. I do not use them, and just feed my toddlers on the sofa.
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Thank you so much everyone, this has really helped. I now get my Sim to cook Mac and Cheese when they start getting hungry, because it's way easier. I didn't used to have this bug, but what can you do?
  • CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
    I've noticed this as well! So I just have my sim click on feed xtoddler from the fridge and get the food from there!
  • SignofhatredlolSignofhatredlol Posts: 44 Member
    I had this same problem. I think my sims were too lazy or something. Whenever I told them to put toddler on high chair or feed toddler food from inventory, they would either ignore the instruction or attempt to do so. However, I noticed that when they attempted to give toddler food from their inventory, they ended up just placing the food somewhere else. This resulted in two of my toddlers being whisked away. I’ll follow this advice the next time I play!
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    If you really want the highchair experience with your toddler you still can, just don't click on the highchair itself. Click on the toddler or go the toddler care tab in one of the parents pie menu, click give food and they will place them in the highchair, give them food, and the child will eat. The key is don't click on the highchair itself. Personally I'm about 50/50 on using it or having mom grab something out of the fridge and leaving it for her kiddo. It's a fun detail of parenting to have the highchair, it's sort of iconic that's why I do the extra step or two to make it work.