Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too many skin samples, please help

Oddly I have just started using more realistic skins and I downloaded a few, freckled, etc. Problem is that each skin comes with too many variations, I'm looking for realistic, so why are there, purple green and red skins in there? I downloaded about ten skins and have about 40 samples in CAS. None of the tools find anything wrong with them.

Is there a way I can get in and take out some of these options? It's a long scroll through all the samples to find a skin that suits.

I'm familiar with s3pe, etc but never had this issue before.

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    There are a lot of berry sims players out there still which is why I imagine the skins include those colors. I haven't tried this but I would (after saving a copy of the skin package) go in with S3PE and delete the images of the colors you don't like. Just select the image you don't like, right click, and select delete. It will put a line through the image you want deleted. Save the file, boot up the game and try it out! This is just a guess but that's what I would try.
  • fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    There are a lot of berry sims players out there still which is why I imagine the skins include those colors. I haven't tried this but I would (after saving a copy of the skin package) go in with S3PE and delete the images of the colors you don't like. Just select the image you don't like, right click, and select delete. It will put a line through the image you want deleted. Save the file, boot up the game and try it out! This is just a guess but that's what I would try.

Sorry I've just seen this. Yes I used s3pe to delete the colour ramps/tones I didn't want and what happened was that the circles were still there in CAS but when you clicked the circle you got a black skin like there was no skin there. Deleting images only would be a waste of time, you need to delete the tones as well as the images. I think I'd need to open them and repack them in skininator but TBH I just haven't got the time or patience to do it right now.