Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I get feedback on my wedding stories

SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
I’m thinking about buying it as it’s on sale I was wondering if it’s worth getting
As I do love to throw weddings
What’s the pros and cons about the pack and why did you buy it

Thank you for any feedback

And happy simming
Post edited by SamadamsPlayer on

Comments

• Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    I got it for slow dancing and the world. While Tartosa is stunning, it is also very empty. Almost no collectibles, the bottles in the sand rarely spawn for me and there is a tree of lovers that should be interactive imo, but for whatever reason it’s not.

For the weddings: it was a mess at first, nothing worked. Now it’s better, but everything is controlled by you. And I mean literally everything. The base game wedding was simpler. This one has more options like toast, dancing of the couple but it feels so freaking fake and sims never watch dancing newlyweds. I’m not super salty for owning it, but I was expecting more interesting world not just set dressing and the parties are not fun, more like a chore. Base game wedding was better for me, but I wanted slow dancing so there is that.🫤
  • mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
    edited June 2022
    I bought it to have more romantic options and slow dancing. I LOVE micromanaging everything, so this pack was right up my alley. I was so glad that nothing was forced and I get to choose every little step of the wedding ceremony.

Right after the pack came out I played a big wedding. I got a few mods from bienchen and almost everything worked fine.

I did not use the new interaction "Sit down" because I wanted to micromanage even more to have everyone sit in the right place, for example Couples or families with kids sit together.
    I put everyone in my household to control them, so they don't do random or stupid things.

And the result? I LOVED the wedding!!! It was beautiful! And I adore the new romantic interactions like the flowergirls and ringbearers, walking up and down the aisle, cutting the cake together or dancing with kids/couple dance! And I LOVE the new options for the wedding cakes and that we can bake them ourselves.

I had/have so much fun with this pack and I would recommend it, especially when you like micromanaging your Sims and if you can play with mods. Plus the world is stunning!

Here on the german forums you can see pictures of my wedding with My Wedding Stories ♡ https://simforum.de/index.php?threads/199698/page-6#post-4933387

And here is a video of the first dance of the newlyweds. ♡
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=vy0M4sohttE&feature=emb_logo

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    I bought it to have more romantic options and slow dancing. I LOVE micromanaging everything, so this pack was right up my alley. I was so glad that nothing was forced and I get to choose every little step of the wedding ceremony.

Right after the pack came out I played a big wedding. I got a few mods from bienchen and almost everything worked fine.

I did not use the new interaction "Sit down" because I wanted to micromanage even more to have everyone sit in the right place, for example Couples or families with kids sit together.
    I put everyone in my household to control them, so they don't do random or stupid things.

And the result? I LOVED the wedding!!! It was beautiful! And I adore the new romantic interactions like the flowergirls and ringbearers, walking up and down the aisle, cutting the cake together or dancing with kids/couple dance! And I LOVE the new options for the wedding cakes and that we can bake them ourselves.

I had/have so much fun with this pack and I would recommend it, especially when you like micromanaging your Sims and if you can play with mods. Plus the world is stunning!

Here on the german forums you can see pictures of my wedding with My Wedding Stories ♡ https://simforum.de/index.php?threads/199698/page-6#post-4933387

And here is a video of the first dance of the newlyweds. ♡
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=vy0M4sohttE&feature=emb_logo

I don’t speak or read German but I loved your photo’s and the dance video!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    I personally think the world is worth it all by itself. It has 9 lots and I think 3 different swimming areas. One lot is right on the beach. I think the world is very pretty. You can collect bottles with notes in them and use them at your house. I believed they are spawned at a certain time 9f day or night.
    In the town there is a flower shop where you can buy flowers, and a cake shop where you can buy your cake, and can taste pieces, there are also 1 or two food stands in town, and a shop where you can try on outfits, it is a virtual shop, it tske you to CAS I believe.

Besides the world there are some beautiful wedding gowns, that can also be used as formal dresses as they come in so many colors. There are tons of different wedding cakes and a lot of different toppers for them as well. If you have ‘Get to work’ you can make your own wedding cake shop. There are also a lot of different wedding arches in the pack which is really nice if you like taking pictures, you have a variety do everyone’s wedding doesn’t look exactly the same, there are 3 different size runways I believe, with a few different patterns.

You can have as simple of a wedding as you want or as complicated one as you want with the works. Of course the more complicated the more chance of a glitch. You can elope, or get married by the justice of a piece ( which is a rabbit hole). There are a number of different types of parties you can choose to have before the wedding too like a family gathering, bachelorette party, snd a few more.

And of course one of the big attractions slow dancing. I also think they have line dancing.

And of course there are a few other build/buy items.

I personally think the pack is worth it….

• jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    Sigh. I am a realistic gamer, I don't do occults at all, so this would seem to be up my alley. I waited until a few patches came out before buying, mostly for the build/buy and the world.

My thoughts:

-The gameplay is still incredibly frustrating, requiring an obscene level of micromanaging and even with the patches I haven't had a wedding go off without a hitch.

-The world is boring and feels kind of dead. It's mostly a vacation world for my Sims. The pre-mades are hideous.

-The build/buy is lame. There's one single item, a functioning tea set, that I like.

-I like the CAS items. That's really about it.

I'm a completist (the only pack I don't own is Batuu) and this is the only pack I feel I could do without. It genuinely makes me sad because I don't know what happened here but I can't think the gurus are proud of their work. They were in almost in tears during the livestream and I don't blame them.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I don’t speak or read German but I loved your photo’s and the dance video!

Thank you so much for your lovely comment. :)

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    I use it fair amount and I always wanted couple dancing and teaset and buffet is neat as i don't have luxury party stuff etc and yeah i use items in cas and b/b fair bit too

I haven't really even tried full on wedding event yet with all the issues i was having even without holding wedding with the items

but I honestly cannot recommend it to anyone no matter how much I use it and like few things

because the gameplay is so borked and adding it has introduced so much issues for me and I don't want anyone else to have to put up with possible issues brought by this pack unless they're completely sure they know what they are getting into
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    edited June 2022
    @Simmingal What type of issues have you had? Just glitches with the wedding related activities, or other problems outside of weddings?

I was also considering getting it on sale mostly for the CAS, build stuff, and world. I'm aware not everything in the wedding gameplay has been fixed yet, but hadn't heard of any issues outside of the wedding activities' functioning. So definitely would like to know if there are any.

@mrs_starkey Since you've used the wedding features a lot, maybe you can answer this one for me. How well is the officiant working? Having someone to officiate the wedding is the main new feature I want as far as wedding game play goes. Does the officiant do their job properly? Can you choose their outfit, or is there a set officiant outfit?
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I've only done two wedding events. Well 3 (sort of) but it wasn't done as an event. It was a small ceremony with just the family and I went there as sort of a test run to familiarize myself with where things were. Then I did an actual wedding and I couldn't get the guests to do what they were supposed to. They just ignored me and my officiant didn't even show up. I found it to be rather frustrating.

The second wedding event, well I made that one a disaster on purpose as that was my Greg Were-Wedding on a full moon because many of the guests were werewolves and went rampaging and scaring non-werewolf sims, including the bride. I like the CAS and B/B but wedding venues probably won't be something I use often. It's too frustrating and I'm not a great fan of micromanagement.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Was the actually Wedding gameplay fixed yet. I've been persponing my couples to get married because I wanted to try the ceramony instead of just eloping.
    edited June 2022
    I was wondering that myself because I bought it during a recent sale and was under the impression some of the bugs were fixed too. When I did the real wedding and couldn't get anyone to respond and do what I wanted them to do, I started to have my doubts about things being fixed. Unless it was worse before?

If I do another wedding, I'll do it like I did before. Base game style but at the venue. It's too much of a mess to handle an event, or so that was my impression. I don't regret buying it because I got it on sale and I will get use out of CAS and B/B but I don't see myself making much use out of the venues with a large scale event.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    I've noticed, even with the base game weddings, that not all the invited guests necessarily show up. I think it usually happens when they have a job with hours that conflict with the wedding time. For some reason the developers didn't just make them take the day off, like a real person would, for their loved one's wedding. I'm wondering if @Finvola 's experience of the officiant not showing up is the same problem?
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    edited June 2022
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Was the actually Wedding gameplay fixed yet. I've been persponing my couples to get married because I wanted to try the ceramony instead of just eloping.

The wedding venues are working, that was the biggest bug I guess. The clothes not changing to formal was fixed, at least for me on console. They do sit during ceremony like good puppies and react positively to your couple. Guests used to frowned like they were constantly bored, so that was fixed. Also cake doesn’t spoil super fast now. Cutting cake, feeding the bite - all is good.
    But they ignore first dance (I’m guessing it’s a design) and actions took long time to take place after command. Every single action is connected to object and you need to gather souls into group, ask them to move to desire place and then start toast or ceremony. Otherwise good luck waiting two years before they stop watching paintings on the walls.

I want to add that imo some issues are also caused by the wedding venue itself. I don’t build much so I’m using what was shipped with the pack. No offense to creators, as the builds are stunning, but from technical point of view they have two wedding arches and sets of chairs. You need to create a group first (just like with base game ) and ask guests to go to your preferred arch, otherwise they will spread around to the closest one (in my case two people went to the right one and others to the wrong). Or simply delete one arch. I did that mistake at one and only wedding I organized with this pack and took ages to gather people together again.

This pack made me use wedding arch in von Haunt estate much more often. Now my sims will probably elope on Howling Point. I don’t think that was the idea behind this DLC.

And the thing I dislike the most. Conversation wheel. The freaking wedding topics are always first and you have to plough through them. Even better, they don’t disappear after the wedding. Don’t know if it was glitch or not, but how many times can we joke about marriage? 😂 My sims suddenly started to fear getting married.

Edit: also I forgot to mention lack of gifts. Why no gifts anymore? We used to get kitchen appliances and flowers (pretty flowers actually) for gold. Now we have what? Some money and that’s it. Doesn’t sit right with me.

• haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Cluttering the conversation wheel sounds really bad :/ I would like to buy this pack mainly because of the slow dancing, tea sets and drawing in the sand/snow (there are some nice CAS & BB things and I guess Tartosa would be okay too), but I keep hesitating because of the weddings. I'm not a big fan of weddings, but some of my sims have them. I quite liked the base game weddings, but I guess it wouldn't be bad to have these new weddings either... I could probably make them work, but I'm still not sure. In the end, I guess the sale should be bigger.
  • beckyx1991beckyx1991 Posts: 19 Member
    I wouldn't buy this pack again if I had the chance.
    Create a Sim additions are vanilla - they're OK, everyone likes vanilla, but nothing special, same with the Build/Buy additions.
    Trying to organise one wedding is intense, I did all of the activities once and found it glitched a lot, sims not doing what they were told, actions timing out and sims getting stuck. I love being involved, but this was a bit too much for me.
    The world is gorgeous, but not much there.
    If it's on sale a lot, go for it, but there are much better packs out there.
    beckyx1991 wrote: »
    I wouldn't buy this pack again if I had the chance.
    Create a Sim additions are vanilla - they're OK, everyone likes vanilla, but nothing special, same with the Build/Buy additions.
    Trying to organise one wedding is intense, I did all of the activities once and found it glitched a lot, sims not doing what they were told, actions timing out and sims getting stuck. I love being involved, but this was a bit too much for me.
    The world is gorgeous, but not much there.
    If it's on sale a lot, go for it, but there are much better packs out there.

Yeah and let’s mention lack of new high heels in wedding pack with a lot of long dresses. Instead we got one flat sandals. I mean I quite like those and I’m using them, but not for the wedding. Even one pair of nice high heels would make me happy. Instead I’m stuck with base game and Luxury Party. This stuff pack saved a lot of my weddings actually.

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    I got it for the slow dancing as well, but I was also intrigued with the notion of having an Officiant, Ring Bearer, Flower Pal (Girl) and Sims of Honor. I have to admit, the addition of more wedding gowns and gowns for the Bridesmaids is very nice. I love throwing a big wedding. I will warn you, that it does take a small learning curve to have things work out. Make certain you only have ONE wedding arch on the lot of choice, place the Runner with the arrows at the bottom of the screen, lest they walk in the wrong direction. (Learned that one the hard way.) It's very hard to have all of the Bridesmaids hold their bouquet. You would have to have them in the same household to control them, I think, unless others have a better, more workable idea. Make certain you place the Wedding cake on a TABLE, not just on a flat surface. I like the banquet tale with the small round tier atop, but that won't allow for the bride and groom to cut the cake together.

Before you actually set up the wedding, make certain you select the Officiant (as in ask them ahead of time). Same with all the other positions. Then they will show up in the panel as you set the day for the Event. Purchase the cake and place it just prior to the start of the wedding. Check the weather in the town before you set the date. I kept getting rain.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Check the weather in the town before you set the date. I kept getting rain.

How do you set the date? I only threw one wedding, and was shocked when the event started as soon as the planning was done. Luckily I had decorated, but the couple was totally not ready, lol. I saw no option to set the date or even the hour. It just started. I initiated the planning by clicking on the arch though, maybe that was a mistake? Not sure why it is an option if it is a mistake, though...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    I set mine by using the calendar, but I think you can also do it on the self interaction menu.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I bought MWS as I wanted the slow dancing. & I enjoy throwing weddings in my game.

My 1st wedding, was before the patch. & some things worked and some things didn't. I think the cake was spoiled early, the officiant wasn't working, etc. But I was able to capture some amazing screenshots of my Sims. & I think the wedding went pretty well. As a storyteller, I didn't feel disappointed, as I was able to create what I wanted for my Sims, with a few minor glitches.

The 2nd Sims wedding was after the patch....& I found things working better before the patch in my game. So my experience is a bit different. The officiant did show up, the cake wasn't spoiled. But my Sims just wouldn't sit down. When they finally did sit down, they wouldn't get back up. Walking down the aisle was a huge pain. Just everything was painful. I couldn't get anyone to do the toasts as nobody would stand back up. I couldn't get anyone to do the group dance, as nobody would stand up. Even with MCCC, I would reset the Sims but they would go back to sitting down. I did use a different venue versus the 1st wedding, so maybe there was a glitch.

For me - I enjoy the world, even though a bit bland, is just absolutely beautiful. I like the CAS and build/buy items. Love the slow dancing. I also like that they added more culture and diversity. Lastly, I like the storytelling that I'm able to do with the pack.

The biggest con - will the wedding work? When I setup a wedding now, I don't know if it'll be good like my 1st wedding or just plain awful like my 2nd.

I also think there were some huge misses like not being able to go into a shop to buy your wedding gown. I like the addition of the events...family dinner, rehearsal dinner, etc. & that you can customize to your liking, selecting which events you want in your wedding but they all felt the same to me. There wasn't anything different from one event to the other.

I'm not upset I bought the pack. Weddings aren't everyday gameplay for me. But I think the expectation since the theme of the pack is wedding, you want them to work as intended.

Would I recommend the pack? Ehh, that's always a tough question for me as Sims is so huge, in how people choose to play their game. I think if you want the pack for build/buy, CAS, the world....go for it. But if you're looking for some huge gameplay and with some of it still broken, I'd wait for them to fix it or skip the pack all together.
    edited June 2022
    Since you've used the wedding features a lot, maybe you can answer this one for me. How well is the officiant working? Having someone to officiate the wedding is the main new feature I want as far as wedding game play goes. Does the officiant do their job properly? Can you choose their outfit, or is there a set officiant outfit?

Hello GlacierSnow :)
    No, I did not use the option with the officiant. But I've seen gameplay videos from Gamechangers where it worked perfectly fine.

---

I used many of the new animations like walking down the aisle, flowergirl/ringpal, cutting the wedding cake and slow dancing, but I did NOT use the new group interactions that came with the wedding like "Gather to watch wedding", "Gather to eat wedding cake" ect.

Instead, I put every guest into my household so I could control each one of them, otherwise I'd go nuts! Because of that I did not have any of the problems that guests wouldn't do what they are supposed to do. I always played weddings like this before, because this is the most easy way for me to enjoy my Sims wedding and to get beautiful pictures. Plus, I always have Autonomy Off, and that is helping alot.

Maybe that is the reason that I'm not disappointed with the pack like many others are, because I love micromanaging and I do it on a daily basis while playing. The micromanagement in this pack was not even enough for me :D I don't want the Sims to just sit down, no...I want them to sit in a certain chair, so I have to do that myself without the "Gather to sit" option.

Before the wedding I went to CAS and chose for every Sim the clothing they would wear at the wedding. And when the wedding started I changed everyone manually into the outfit I gave them.

Oh, and to slow dance some of them wanted to leave and dance outside. So I build a little fence and locked them inside the room. All of a sudden they were all able to dance in the room without a problem...sometimes we have to outsmart our Sims! :wink:

This gameplay pack enriched my weddings a lot, because even with the pack I played my weddings like I always did, but now I have more wonderful, romantic and new interactions for the weddings to complete them! <3
  • SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    edited July 2022
    Thank you everyone for the feedback
    Im taking the plunge and buying the pack today I’ve got a lot of tips to write down so my weddings go smoothly
    Hears hoping it doesn’t go wrong I do wish it was less micromanaged as I like to sit back and watch sometimes I hope in an update it will be lees so I’ll come back to this thread soon to give my thoughts on it

Happy simming everyone
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    I just bought it as well. I really hope it's not buggy.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I got it a week ago, only played through one wedding and did not try everything, but my general understanding is that this pack takes a bit longer to learn, but I assume what did not work well for me at first try will work better when I try again and understand more. And even if the wedding felt a bit chaotic I had fun and took some great pictures, which is what I find important. That said, I did not get the pack for weddings. I'll make use of those features occasionally but I have no plans of becoming an expert, so I can live with a few features I will not ever master. I'm more interested in features that can be used also outside weddings, and there are a few. Besides, some BB/CAS is perfect for my nobility.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • mildredalienmildredalien Posts: 27 Member
    I bought it on sale and feel a bit meh about it. I like a lot of the CAS items for formalwear, I like the teasets and buffets/celebration items for events. I do like the variety of events you can throw for a wedding and didn't find it THAT buggy, it's fine if you don't mind directing sims manually to do the things you want and most things work now. I did find it really hard to figure out how to get the wedding cakes to work though.

However now every time my sims get engaged their socials menu is overwhelmed with socials about asking people to be in the wedding - and even after they get married half of those socials are still there. It makes me want to rush to the wedding event just so I can have mostly normal conversations.