Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Out! An eviction social that does not rob you of Drama potential.

CK213CK213 Posts: 20,527 Member
I just had a sim remove a sim from her household that she discovered to be a horrible cheater.

However, all the pent up drama was not allowed a proper release because she does not have the ability to kick the bum out.
If you want to remove a sim, you have to do it in a very boring way.

You can have the sim move out on their own, which takes you away from your sim.
Or you can do it from outside the household.

I want to have my sim to tell the sim to "Get Out!"
I want the ousted sim to have emotional reactions associated with their current emotions:
Angry: Picks up a suit case and stomps out the house.
Sad: Sad walks out the house.
Confident: Laughs and confidently walks out the house.
Focused: Shrugs and walks normally out the house.
etc, you get it.

You can get up a pop-up UI allowing you to decide where the evicted sim goes, but you stay with your sim that kicked them out and you get to watch the evicted sim leave.
The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Comments

• JALJAL Posts: 1,027 Member
    Yes! Yes! Yes! Please yes!

I had a sim who kicked her husband out after first finding him in bed with another woman, then learning that he had gotten her pregnant. While I did my best in creating drama it really took effort. I had to lock the door to the bedroom to make him sleep on the couch, I had to pick fights about things like music, politics and parenting since yelling at him for cheating isn't an option. She did talk badly about him to her family. But the divorce itself was fairly undramatic and she couldn't kick him out properly. It felt lame once I got to that point.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yes please. I like the idea of sims reacting to being kicked out. I had some sims in the past that I was dying to kick out dramatically lol.
    The werewolf pack is proof that simmers want more drama and chaos. The boring stuff you can do in real life. Everyone on Twitter is rampaging, dropping metors on sims and talking about how much they love the chaos 😂😂 I have so many chaotic plans of my own.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    edited June 2022
    no i fully disagree with this idea no not all simmers went drama in game i clearly do not went drama in game this is a terrible idea i prefer drama free games and in my book i consider the sims4 a drama free game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,527 Member
    edited June 2022
    no i fully disagree with this idea no not all simmers went drama in game i clearly do not went drama in game this is a terrible idea i prefer drama free games and in my book i consider the sims4 a drama free game

You don't have to use it at all, but you want to deny it to others.

If you don't want drama in your game, then I take it you never use Mean socials which are already in the game since base game. It's just a mean social. So if you don't use mean socials, as you would if don't want drama in your game, you would never see this social.

So what would be the reason to oppose it other than to see that other simmers don't have it?
    Post edited by CK213 on
    to be more precise i am againts violance in a game like the sims and if other players went such a feature there always mods and cc to add suce a feature and i think some features in game should not be inforce upon on players that do not went such a feature when sims4 first came out there where no ghost then comes the first patch then they where romaing everywhere in game to set an exemple as a player drama do not fit my playstyle.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

edited June 2022
    to be more precise i am againts violance in a game like the sims and if other players went such a feature there always mods and cc to add suce a feature and i think some features in game should not be inforce upon on players that do not went such a feature when sims4 first came out there where no ghost then comes the first patch then they where romaing everywhere in game to set an exemple as a player drama do not fit my playstyle.

There would be no forced violence or drama.
    All we are hoping for is an option to kick sims out of the house. (Totally optional because you would have to choose rather or not you want to kick the sim out and there is no violence involved in kicking someone out. The Sim would have a few diferent reactions and then leave the house so that means your game will still be free of drama and violence 😁
    To add to this it would be neat imo if certain sims would refuse to leave the first time you try to kick them out and beg to stay🤭
    edited June 2022
    to be more precise i am againts violance in a game like the sims and if other players went such a feature there always mods and cc to add suce a feature and i think some features in game should not be inforce upon on players that do not went such a feature when sims4 first came out there where no ghost then comes the first patch then they where romaing everywhere in game to set an exemple as a player drama do not fit [my] playstyle.

This is your imagination and head canon at work. Over-imagination if you think this is violent.
    And the end is also very selfish. Especially in forum that's supposed to be gathering ideas. It's really bad form to come in someones thread trying to undermine their suggestions. The game is not just about you and what you want. What about other simmers that do want it?

There are ideas suggested that I wouldn't use, but I would rather suggest how a simmer could have what they want without it being problematic for me than just saying it's a bad idea because "I" don't want it.

The Sims is not, and never has been, a drama free game.
    You just chose to play it that way. Other simmers chose to play it with drama, and it's designed to be flexible.

These are the TS4's Mean socials:
    -Go Away
    -Give Mean Gift
    -Fight!
    -Declare Enemy
    -Chew Out
    -Trash Another Sim
    -Ask What Sim’s Problem Is
    -Argue
    -Shove
    -Shout Forbidden Words At Sim
    -Provoke
    -Mock Outfit
    -Insult
    -Insult Face
    -Jeer
    -Imply Mother is a Llama
    -Yell At
    -Throw Drink

Oh, and there are Mischief Socials too.
    Also, Ghosts were a missing feature, among many missing The Sims features that EA has added to TS4.

If you don't want this, then why did you buy the game in the first place and why do you continue to play it?
    The Sims is about accommodating many players play-style, not just yours and the simmers you claim to represent.
    And even of the simmers who would not use it, I doubt many of them are going around dismissing what other simmers want.

We had this feature of sorts in The Sims 2 and 3.
    In 3 you could definitely kick someone out and they would just get in a cab and leave. The most important part for me is I do not have to leave the home of the sim I want to stay with just to get rid of another sim.

Having a sim tell another sim to Move Out is way down on the drama scale than !Fight, Chew out, Shove, Insult face, Yell at etc, which has always been a part of the sims, or haven't you noticed?

A Move Out social would actually remove the cause of future drama from your house, so you should be all for it.
    It would be a Mean social and should not impact you whatsoever because you have to go looking for it in a social tree you don't even use, and no sim is ever going to autonomously evict another sim.
    To add to this it would be neat imo if certain sims would refuse to leave the first time you try to kick them out and beg to stay🤭

I liked that and I also imagined it while thinking about this.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I like this idea, but have a question. How does the game decide who has the right to kick someone out? If your Sim was there when the house was bought and the other Sim was not, it seems fair. However if both Sims "bought" the house, there would have to some resolution. Like if there's a divorce, the Sim who leaves takes most of the Simoleons. I would like it if that were the case.
    edited June 2022
    telemwill wrote: »
    I like this idea, but have a question. How does the game decide who has the right to kick someone out? If your Sim was there when the house was bought and the other Sim was not, it seems fair. However if both Sims "bought" the house, there would have to some resolution. Like if there's a divorce, the Sim who leaves takes most of the Simoleons. I would like it if that were the case.

This is not autonomous.
    You make that decision, play what makes sense to you.
    I can see the move-out pop-up coming up and you can decide how much money the person leaving gets.

In addition, I wouldn't use this social on someone who has as much claim to the house as the other.
    It is for situations where your sims owns the house and invites someone else co-habitate, but it turns out to be a very bad idea.

I actually haven't had to divorce a household yet, but I am sure there are other ways to divide up a house for sims that have bought the house together. I would probably just go the simple route and move both sims to an empty lot and sell everything. Give one sim half the cash value of the savings account and value of the lot, or whatever I feel is fair and move them out. I will then have the remaining sim choose a new home
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited June 2022

I have to ask. What features in the game that you feel are "negative" are "forced" upon you? As in the game is giving absolutely no choice, no say in the matter as to an interaction between sims? Is it just the mere existence that is apparently forced? Is the game "forcing" your sim to argue with another sim? Is the game "forcing" you to fight another sim? (And not sure if you've noticed, sims have always been able to physically fight other sims no mods required) Is the game "forcing" you to have your sims perform interactions that you do not wish for them to do? Or, is it just another option in the pie menu where just like friendly interactions, funny interactions, etc etc can be completely ignored or used to your hearts' content? Maybe we just play a different game, but I dont remember the game ever purposely forcing me to perform an action that I didnt want my sims to do.

So sims not getting along doesnt fit your playstyle. And that's perfectly fine! There are many simmers just like you that just want their sims to be happy and not have a care in the world. But lets remember one little thing. There are all sorts of different simmers, who each have their own different playstyles, and the game does not and should not, cater to only certain types of simmers. That's how you alienate folks. And alienating folks isnt great, especially in a game where the player can create any kind of story that they want. Some simmers like alot of drama. Some simmers like a little, and some simmers like yourself, prefer there to be none. And that's fine! There's room in the game for all of us, not just a lucky few.

I myself would LOVE the option to just throw out roommates and ungrateful spouses to the curb. Something like this would fit very well into my playstyle! And say for example the team decided to put this in, I could see this fitting very well under the Mean interactions as an option. And for the players like yourself who dont see a personal use for it, well just like every interaction in the game, it would be purely optional and avoidable!

I have to ask. What features in the game that you feel are "negative" are "forced" upon you? As in the game is giving absolutely no choice, no say in the matter as to an interaction between sims? Is it just the mere existence that is apparently forced? Is the game "forcing" your sim to argue with another sim? Is the game "forcing" you to fight another sim? (And not sure if you've noticed, sims have always been able to physically fight other sims no mods required) Is the game "forcing" you to have your sims perform interactions that you do not wish for them to do? Or, is it just another option in the pie menu where just like friendly interactions, funny interactions, etc etc can be completely ignored or used to your hearts' content? Maybe we just play a different game, but I dont remember the game ever purposely forcing me to perform an action that I didnt want my sims to do.

So sims not getting along doesnt fit your playstyle. And that's perfectly fine! There are many simmers just like you that just want their sims to be happy and not have a care in the world. But lets remember one little thing. There are all sorts of different simmers, who each have their own different playstyles, and the game does not and should not, cater to only certain types of simmers. That's how you alienate folks. And alienating folks isnt great, especially in a game where the player can create any kind of story that they want. Some simmers like alot of drama. Some simmers like a little, and some simmers like yourself, prefer there to be none. And that's fine! There's room in the game for all of us, not just a lucky few.

I myself would LOVE the option to just throw out roommates and ungrateful spouses to the curb. Something like this would fit very well into my playstyle! And say for example the team decided to put this in, I could see this fitting very well under the Mean interactions as an option. And for the players like yourself who dont see a personal use for it, well just like every interaction in the game, it would be purely optional and avoidable!

has a player and also rl i feel it go againts my family values even if the sims is a game its wrong to kick out sims and as a player i think they should go a diffrent path then previous sims game like focus more on sims being friendly and avoid drama and i belive as a player the sims4 should focus more on being able to patch up torn relations but thats how i am as a player so such a feature as i mention do not fit my game play style and its no point quoting me back on this because it will not change my mind that i find this to be a terrible idea

edited June 2022
    @friendlysimmer You are entitled to your way of playing the sim, as well as to your family values, but don't force others to live or play your way. If we want divorces, scandals and drama, that's our choice. Do not dictate to others how they should live life or play a game. Just do your thing your way and let others decide for themselves what they want.

@telemwill
    How does the game decide who has the right to kick someone out? If your Sim was there when the house was bought and the other Sim was not, it seems fair. However if both Sims "bought" the house, there would have to some resolution. Like if there's a divorce, the Sim who leaves takes most of the Simoleons. I would like it if that were the case.

Since you play, you decide. Maybe you do want to be entirely unfair - then go ahead. Want to give the person moving money? Sure thing, do. You want to sell the house and give them half the money each? Ok, your choice.

@CK213
    CK213 wrote: »
    It would be a Mean social and should not impact you whatsoever because you have to go looking for it in a social tree you don't even use, and no sim is ever going to autonomously evict another sim.

Would it have to be just a mean social though? I love the idea that it is, but what if there was a friendlier way to discuss moving out? I had a situation now with two best friends who shared a flat, but one is getting married - it would be cool if they could talk about moving out before the "split household and leave" action takes place. Or if you could talk to your YA about moving out before they do, both when they go to uni or if they move to start a career and new life. Just in general several new ways of talking about moving from a house. Mean - definitely, but also other ways.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,125 Member
    I love this idea! I agree with JAL. I would love a friendly option as well.

So for the Mean interaction it could be "Kick Out," and the Friendly interaction could be "Ask to Move Out." Even a Funny or Mischief Social "Pretend to Kick Out." The Friendly, Funny, and Mischief don't really create more drama, which is what your original post is about, but it would still be nice to have the option.

I'm all for any new social interactions that can help convey the conversation I have in my head. My favorite social is Deep Conversation, and I use it a lot for important talks such as before breaking up or trying for baby or moving in together. I've even used it before telling my sims' kids that they're going to have a new sibling. It helps with immersion for me.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    I love this idea! I agree with JAL. I would love a friendly option as well.

So for the Mean interaction it could be "Kick Out," and the Friendly interaction could be "Ask to Move Out." Even a Funny or Mischief Social "Pretend to Kick Out." The Friendly, Funny, and Mischief don't really create more drama, which is what your original post is about, but it would still be nice to have the option.

I'm all for any new social interactions that can help convey the conversation I have in my head. My favorite social is Deep Conversation, and I use it a lot for important talks such as before breaking up or trying for baby or moving in together. I've even used it before telling my sims' kids that they're going to have a new sibling. It helps with immersion for me.

Excellent Idea.
    @JAL What I wouldn't want is a cheaty way to take someone's house from them. That's just too easy. So I would like it if the owner of the house could evict others. But I don't think my Sim should be able to move in with the Goths, kick them all out, and take their stuff. Of course I can do that from manage worlds, but at least my Sim has to be able to buy the house. If I can just move in with someone and kick them out, it ruins a rags to riches scenario. All for the drama aspect. But want to keep some game difficulty as well.
    @telemwill I hear what you're saying, but I kind of like the idea of being able to play gold-digger Eliza marrying widowed Mortimer kicking out both him and his kids. >:)

But yes, perhaps not too easy. Where is the sport in that?
    JAL wrote: »
    @telemwill I hear what you're saying, but I kind of like the idea of being able to play gold-digger Eliza marrying widowed Mortimer kicking out both him and his kids. >:)

But yes, perhaps not too easy. Where is the sport in that?

Haha! Yes, I can see that too.
    @JAL What I wouldn't want is a cheaty way to take someone's house from them. That's just too easy. So I would like it if the owner of the house could evict others. But I don't think my Sim should be able to move in with the Goths, kick them all out, and take their stuff. Of course I can do that from manage worlds, but at least my Sim has to be able to buy the house. If I can just move in with someone and kick them out, it ruins a rags to riches scenario. All for the drama aspect. But want to keep some game difficulty as well.

That's interesting.
    Perhaps challenging, but not impossible?

I like getting creative to find out how to get around things in my Sims games.