Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you up to today?

Comments

• minhanvnminhanvn Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello everyone!
    It's also very hot where I live. I have to go to work and live with it
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    It's finally my 3 day weekend. I'm planning to take it pretty easy today between the fact that I'm beyond exhausted, everything hurts, and it's rainy outside there's not much appeal to do much but relax at home. The rain should keep the neigbours in so I should enjoy some peace tonight.

I may dart out for some groceries mainly snacks for tonight's hockey game. I will definitely be watching tonight's hockey game as it may be the last of the season. I kind of hope it will be I'll miss playoff hockey I've really been enjoying it but my team is 1 win away from the Stanley cup and I of course want to see them win it so the sooner they do the better.

Otherwise I'm mostly gonna play stardew valley today. Maybe dig out my crochet bag and try and work on my temperature blanket because I'm super behind maybe I'll do that and watch hockey because I cannot play games and pay attention to the TV but I can crochet and watch TV lol.
    Renée09 wrote: »
    Today I've got school, but tomorrow the weekend again yaay 😆 I have double maths today and PE this afternoon both are so lame my least fav lessons. I'm hoping to fit in some Sims tonight but I expect I'll have a lot of work to do as well. But hopefully I can still fit in some Sim time as well.

Math and PE were my least favs, too. I hope you get to play some sims at least.
  • duriankindduriankind Posts: 62 Member
    @Renée09 Oh goodness I love your new avatar!! The eeveelutions are my favorite. Especially Espeon and Umbreon. 😊

@minhanvn Welcome!! Yeah, it has been extremely hot where I am as well, in the 80's and 90's the past few weeks nonstop! (Fahrenheit 'cuz I'm in the states lol) I don't mind it too much, my husband and I both prefer the heat to the cold.

@dreamerz13 that's awesome that you get a 3 day weekend! I'm lucky to have a job right now where all of my weekends are 3 day weekends (although that's really one of the only redeeming qualities of it, lol) but I know that any extra time off in addition to what you would normally have is always nice. 😁 It sounds like you have a really nice, relaxing day ahead of you! I absolutely adore Stardew Valley, what are you up to in your game at the moment?

As for myself, today is pretty chill. I'm currently going to online school on Thursdays and Fridays, so I have my study hall still to attend in about 20 mins, but I have all of my schoolwork done for the current section so other than that I can relax for the evening. My husband's friend is coming over in a few hours and we're gonna eat pizza and have a game night.
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
    check out my gallery page
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    Got home from work about an hour ago and I already have the first load of laundry through the wash and into the dryer, second load right behind it. At least I won't have that to do tomorrow. Yay! The rest of the cleaning and chores around the apartment however...

It has been crazy hot for this time of year, upper 90's-low 100's, and sticky for the last 10 days or so. That's late July and August weather not June. Yesterday and today it's cooled off a bit, back in the mid 80's. I have the AC off, the ceiling fan on, and the windows open enjoying the fresh air. I hate having to keep the windows closed when the weather is warm. If I can't be outside, opening the windows is the next best thing.

Planning to spend the weekend after housework playing with my werewolves, working some more on my story thread, and generally having some me time.
    duriankind wrote: »

@dreamerz13 that's awesome that you get a 3 day weekend! I'm lucky to have a job right now where all of my weekends are 3 day weekends (although that's really one of the only redeeming qualities of it, lol) but I know that any extra time off in addition to what you would normally have is always nice. 😁 It sounds like you have a really nice, relaxing day ahead of you! I absolutely adore Stardew Valley, what are you up to in your game at the moment?

As for myself, today is pretty chill. I'm currently going to online school on Thursdays and Fridays, so I have my study hall still to attend in about 20 mins, but I have all of my schoolwork done for the current section so other than that I can relax for the evening. My husband's friend is coming over in a few hours and we're gonna eat pizza and have a game night.

I wish! Lol. I'm on a rotation where every 3rd weekend is a 3 day weekend but it means I only have 1 day off the rotation before it. Most weeks I find it worth it but this time it was brutal.

Right now I'm just chilling around the town I'm almost to winter of year 6 so I've done nearly everything. Just relaxing until winter when I do all my major farm renovations. Considering starting up a new save in the next couple days though. Since this one is no longer much of a challenge just a relaxing way to spend some time. I want to start a save where I try to avoid spending any money just entirely (or almost) live off the land. Maybe allowance for some stuff that cannot be obtained otherwise like tool upgrades. Not exactly sure yet it also just gives me a chance to try a new farm layout too I'm still just using the standard farm but want to try one of the other options.

Pizza and game night sounds amazing.

@Renée09 i actually don't mind the rain. I used to love dancing in it but I'm allergic now (to the cold and our rain is cold) so I stay in but I love listening to it also it keeps the heat down and I'm very prone to heat illness so anything to keep it away is a huge win. And it did keep the neighbours in a bit they went out after it settled down but I only had to put up with like 2 hours of the noise not like 6+ hours. And most of that was during the hockey game anyway not like I was the perfectly quiet neighbour either lol (some rage inducing moments last night there was some yelling). And we lost so there's at least one more game tomorrow for me to yell over lol.

Sounds like you had a nice day in store. I hope you got your sim time in and I'm glad you're enjoying the werewolves.

As for me today just hanging around the city. Did some thrifting didn't get a ton of stuff but my favourite thrift store (cuz they support a really great local cat rescue) had a mug from my favourite tea store that I never managed to get before (I think it's super old and predates me shopping at David's Tea... or I was just broke when it was out. I def would have bought it originally if I could have it has foxes and is SO cute).

Went to the Asian supermarket and got some yummy stuff. My mom found out about this cool produce market online so we went and I found a few cool things. If any of it is as tasty as it looks it's def worth a trip back prices are so reasonable for a little local shop too. Definitely seems a place to remember if everything is as good as it looks. I didn't get any fresh fruit or veggies but they had dried mango which is my obsession right now and some fancy breads and juices so I got some of that.

Now we're hitting the highway for a little bit just a short couple hour trip but it's sunny and nice (not too hot probably around 20c which is like perfect for me) and the highway with the windows down just feels right.
    edited June 2022
    @Renée09 it's more the cold I'm allergic too but it's a skin allergy the rain just seeps right into the skin and bothers it. Sometimes later in summer if the rain is warmer I can go out in it tho. But yeah it was a shocking bit of news to me didn't know it was a thing until I developed it lol.

Aw the earings sound lovely it's so nice to find cool things at charity shops major win-win.

Lol yes I think we've all had that disappointment of something that looks so good but isn't actually. That's why I try not to get too excited until I actually try it. So far everything I got yesterday has been very good though.

It's great to have a me day sometimes. Chillaxing and listening to music is a great way to spend some time. Hope you have a a great time.

Today I'm just relaxing again doing a little housework but mostly playing stardew valley before tonight's hockey game.
    @Renée09 Yeah I put on rain gear if I have to be outside it helps just takes the fun out of just going out to splash and dance around. Oh well such is life at least I enjoyed it while I could.

My team did win! Very excited they won the Stanley cup (the ultimate goal of hockey here), and took down my 2nd least favourite team of the whole NHL. A bit sad because now hockey is over until October. I don't know what I'm going to do with my time now lol, I suddenly have a lot more lol.

Aww sorry it wasn't such a great day. I'm glad you stood up for the disabled boy though. Some people are so mean for no reason. Sorry it got you in trouble but I'm glad you did the right thing even if not everybody saw it that way. I'm sure the boy appreciated having somebody on his side.

Sounds like you had a nice walk home. I hope you have a nice relaxing evening at home especially after a rough day at school.

My day today has just been weird. Not bad just... weird. Lots of just small stuff that just doesn't seem totally right idk. Maybe I'm just a little out of it cuz I've barely slept in 2 days maybe I just need to go home and have a nap lol. I'm just stuck at work today my least favourite shift but I work late shift tomorrow so I have a little extra time off between shifts to relax and maybe sleep a lil.
    @Renée09 ah sports day. Not my fav either. I'm very athletically challenged and didn't enjoy looking like a fool all day lol (in hindsight though I was far from the only one so probably other kids noticed less than I feared). Did have some fun times with friends though.

The dance sounds fun, and if nobody asks you to it (but hey don't give up hope ya never know!) it's still worth going. I'd go with friends if nobody asked me and we'd just hang out so if you gave friends going solo you could just go with them.

Cool that you made a good simself. It took me years and lots of custom content to get mine right lol. Simselves can be such fun to have tho.

I think I've seen Man Vs Bee on Netflix before seems like it could be interesting. Hopefully you enjoyed it if you watched it..I hope you enjoyed simming as well. Netflix and Sims sounds like a great way to spend the evening.

I haven't been on in a couple days work is terrible this week. I'm exhausted. They made huge hour cuts but I haven't been and likely won't be cut much. That's good cuz I need laptop money so I can play sims again. But it does make the days exhausting for covering all the short areas.

Today was kinda quiet though. It was Canada day so people were out celebrating. Especially in the evening as people starting trying to score spots to watch the fireworks. So that was okay. Also it's lots of money to work the holiday won't catch me complaining.

I did not go to the festivities. I came home cuz I am tired. It's too hot here today and my house is hot so I tried to cook supper but it's too hot to cook so I decided to hide in the nice cool basement and eat candy instead. Watching Full House on Netflix currently and about to get an hour or so of Stardew Valley in. It is after 1am here so I should sleep soon (but I work late tomorrow so I can wait a lil longer).
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Not really specific to today, but I've been deeply contemplating going back to school for a different degree. I just started a Masters Degree last August and I've been thinking about how this field isn't for me.