Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family orientated 100 baby challenge

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited June 2022
    And then there's me who goes between different interests almost without rhyme or reason.

I'm currently in a FFXIV mood. I'll eventually return to Sims 4, though. I did return to Sims 4 when Werewolves dropped, but played a different save since it was easier to explore that expansion in than this one is.

Edit: I am following along with everyone's progress and have been enjoying the updates and hoping no more untimely deaths come to anyone unless they are actively hunting for such deaths.
    Post edited by Seera1024 on
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    And then there's me who goes between different interests almost without rhyme or reason.

I'm currently in a FFXIV mood. I'll eventually return to Sims 4, though. I did return to Sims 4 when Werewolves dropped, but played a different save since it was easier to explore that expansion in than this one is.

Edit: I am following along with everyone's progress and have been enjoying the updates and hoping no more untimely deaths come to anyone unless they are actively hunting for such deaths.

Hi @Seera1024 <3 Enjoy your FFXIV gaming, I am sure Korea is enjoying the break of popping out babies :D I was so shocked by George and Nathan's death, but it did change my gameplay for a while, so I guess it gave me a little change for a while. Happy gaming :)
    edited June 2022
    @all doing real life washing again (I tell you it never stops, I have a bottomless pit in my washing machine) Once I am done with that I will load up my game, everyone is super close to aging up, I played until little Tina actually maxed all her skills, but her sisters were lacking at school, I forgot to put their headphones on a few times so they could not study hard (would stress them out too much) so no quick A's this time round. Falling over a weekend with B's did not help either LOL
  • Dinkus83Dinkus83 Posts: 127 Member
    edited June 2022
    @Llandros2012 I can’t speak for anyone else, but I have aging off and neighborhood stories off for played households and the grown kids stayed as played households. Unplayed is usually aging off as well, but I have taken to turning it on for a day or two here and there for those just because I start to feel bad for the households full of perpetual babies lol.
    OK, I am now caught up - I do have a question - how are you all dealing with the Neighborhood Stories - are you disabling it entirely? I am thinking of doing this as @Mcrudd started with no aging and just age up kids with birthday cakes when they are ready. I am assuming aging is off for the entire population as well but I did notice a couple of deaths (electrocution and embarrassment) and not sure if that happens with or without the stories feature activated. Have not been playing for a while so not really experienced with how it works.

Sorry I missed your post as we posted at exactly the same time. I have Neighborhood stories on, I guess that is why George did not do too well and died by electrocution. Aging is off as per my first baby challenge we did. The embarrassment death caught me completely by surprise. He was embarrassed at school then asked his mom something just before aging up I did not concentrate since I knew he was going to age up and leave (thinking it resets his moodlets) and she responded you will always be my baby, then he aged up and moved out, as the game loaded to his new house his siblings was there and he got the mortified mood and the don't look at me moodlet and before I could save and exit... Grimmy appeared, it happened real quick :o As with my previous challenges Aspiration and 100 baby, you know that I want everyone to have fun, so you can bend the rules a little to keep your game fun. <3 Happy simming :)
    The Atkins family as they are now <3
    5KEIfKq.png
    Rosie moved out
    teySMfT.png

Sally is a teen
    FMaGNf1.png

Tina is a child
    hqLzVST.png

Urshula is a toddler
    DepoS4S.png

Introducing baby number 21
    Valerie Atkins
    lBfsXT6.png
    0A5p40z.png
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited June 2022
    CHAPTER 14 - ZACH AND KACI HOBBS - FAMILY 100 BABY CHALLENGE - BABY COUNT 9/100

the-dog-is-swimming-in-their-pool.png
    And life continues with more school projects.

project-time.png

Something keeps telling Dillan and Derek that they need to get that "A" to graduate high school...and move out from home.

obviously-lunsa-likes-dillan.png

date-with-greta.png

But they sometimes get distracted and are in hot demand with date requests. But they must decline so they can get that "A". It's pretty evident that Derek is already smitten with Greta...
    dereksi-ub-kive-wutg-greta.png

...but as for Dillan and Luna...she might have feelings for Dillan...but Dillan for Luna...not so much. Seriously? Luna wanted to go on a shopping date? Nah... In fact, Dillan met a rather attractive teen while he was out jogging. Her name is Morgan Fyres, and suddenly he found himself asking her to be his girlfriend. But will it last?

dillian-waste-no-time.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next day, they come home from school. Will this be the day that Dillan and Derek get that "A"? Well, not quite. Dillan certainly does. Yes! But Derek, who was hit with a teen "break out". suddenly became tense at school and so still has that "B". Good news is that Elissa's grades are up and she now has a "B". Maybe that will spur Derek on a bit.

dillan-a-berek-and-elissa-b.png

dillian-has-a-a.png

Dillan is really having a good day, and even gets a promotion in Drama class.

dillon-promo-to-pracrical-performer.png

And now we know how Morgan feels about Dillan. Now that's more like the date he would go on...the Bluffs sounds rather intriguing. But he can't go because it's the triplets' birthday. Yes! Faris, Feix and Fiona have all now completed their three skills in each of their toddler skills.

morgan-invites-dillan-for-a-date.png

So, it's birthday time!

BABY # 7: FARIS HOBBS ages up to CHILD. He got the Genius trait and Whiz Kid Aspiration. He has joined Scouts. He got a large pet poop as a birthday gift. Poor kid.

faris-hobbs-child.png

BABY # 8: FELIX HOBBS ages up to CHILD. He got the Goofball trait and Social Aspiration. He has joined the Drama Club. Felix opened a box that was empty. Now that is too sad. (Note: I had never had this before. So, will have Felix choose another gift tomorrow, as he can't do that today.)

felix-hobbs-child.png

Felix-bday-gift.png

BABY # 9: FIONA HOBBS ages up to CHILD. She got the Bookworm trait and Rambuctious Scamp Aspiration. She has joined the Drama Club. She got a carrot as a birthday gift. Obviously, all of them hated their birthday gifts.

fiona-age-up.png

(Note: This is how they aged up, so I kept the hairstyle, and just added glasses for Faris and Fiona to all their outfits and fixed some outfits in CAS.)

And how nice, Ayden came to visit on their birthdays, and is having a chat with Felix.

ayden-comes-for-a-visit.png

Aww....and Felix and Fiona are becoming Best Friends.

felix-and-fiona-become-bff.png

Faris gets mentored by Zach on the fishing skill.

zach-mentors-faris-in-fishing.png

Elissa is being a good helper and cleaning up all those party dishes.

elissa-doing-clean-up.png

Oh gosh! And what happened to Kaci? Time to get cleaned up and head to bed.

what-happened-to-kaci.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

The Daily Photo - I had to get a shot of that dog swimming in their pool. Love it!

morgan-fyres.png
    edited June 2022
    Hi All! Have been working overtime at work and have not had much time to play. Finally got a chapter out. It's hard when you have multi babies (eg twins and triplets) because they have to wait for the others to get their skills to age up. Such is the case for Dillan and Derek. They are taking forever. lol I don't think that Derek actually wants to move away from home.

And onto comments. Have a great day/night everyone!

@Rawla -
    Oh how sweet! You got a puppy. What type? And what a nice family shot of everyone :)

@imelfamily -
    Glad you were finally able to post a pic of your family! Oh how adorbs! Love all the names of the kiddos.

@Llandros2012 -
    Hi and welcome to this challenge! I am playing with aging off, and am aging up all the kids with birthday cakes once they get their skills, or the A that they require. For baby to toddler, I have made a self-rule that they have to become Good Friends with both parents before they age up. Right now, the family is at a standstill babywise because I have twins and triplets in the house and waiting for the eldest twins to both get an A in high school. For the Neighborhood Stories, I have it on, but have disabled the death feature and moving out. I like the pre-mades to stay in the houses where I know they are, and I really don't want anyone to die. Also, having all the kids live in Newcrest and just downloading houses from the gallery for them to live in. My main sims, Kaci and Zach, gift the kids 2 garden seeds when they move out. I take photos of them in their different stages (except baby, because they all pretty much look the same until Kaci can knit some onesies). A few personal rules I have made is that the family is also living off-the-grid and can't sell anything into inventory. They have to sell it at a selling table or plopsy. They also can't travel to other worlds or other sims' houses unless they are invited. They can go to public lots in the world they are in. They started rags to riches style in Tartosa, which was the newest pack I had bought at the time. Really bad for collectibles in this world (only 3 harvestables, and the actual collectibles - the message in a bottle - are worth nothing). No jobs. It was tough going at the start, but they earned some simoleons singing at the lounge, and they were able to buy a selling table. So, much better now, and they just got a house upgrade. They will move worlds at the 25th child, just to add some variety. And one of the children at each world will get married. I randomize the traits, doing A-Z randomized names for the first run through. Also switch between Scouts and Drama class. Hope that helps :)

@Dinkus83 -
    Oh Fight Day! lol It hasn't popped up in my game yet. What a great looking family and so many birthdays! Woot! lol Funny about Forrest getting the lazy trait, so they decide not to get a dog. No...babies first and then dogs! lol

@mcrudd -
    When I saw Grim again...I thought...oh no! But then it was a poor dog that went to the rainbow bridge. *sniff* And look at newest little babykins Valerie. Already number 21. Wow! You are just speeding through this.
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    Hi All! Have been working overtime at work and have not had much time to play. Finally got a chapter out. It's hard when you have multi babies (eg twins and triplets) because they have to wait for the others to get their skills to age up. Such is the case for Dillan and Derek. They are taking forever. lol I don't think that Derek actually wants to move away from home.

@Rawla -
    Oh how sweet! You got a puppy. What type? And what a nice family shot of everyone :)

Multiples are very difficult, not only to train but to wait on. It kind of disrupts the flow of kids if you know what I mean. But they are pretty special too and is a fun shock if you don't peek in advance to know what is coming. Poor Derek. Well, they can either stay at home and be a 24/7 babysitter or they can gain their freedom independence and a life of their own. I think they'll be motivated to make the best decision when you put it that way. LOL

As for the puppy we got, she is a mix that we picked up at the humane society. She is tan with white and probably won't get beyond 40-50 lbs at most...maybe. lol She still has some baby teeth so is not that old. Maybe 12 weeks more or less. She makes a perfect emotional support dog. The timing of bringing her home was strangely bitter/sweet. She came home 364 days (1 day shy of 1 year) after my other dog died of cancer. I'm still mourning but this girl is helping me heal. <3 Thanks for asking!

The Archers - Into Week 8, Almost Winterfest!

Dane stops by for a visit with the fam, super pumped about something. They're not much of TV watchers, but maybe the season premiere?
    wcr4U9z.jpg
    Gideon thinks the crab is the best animal, and tells Forrest all about it over breakfast.
    DZLlccH.jpg

A bit later, Eva has some big news! I really had held off a couple days on the next baby thinking they might have a dog for a few days during Forrest's teenage time. Lazy boy doesn't need a dog though, and now the house is kinda empty lol.
    hxTkMxa.jpg

Later that night, the twins work on their synchronized dance routine.
    vUwvJ83.jpg

Saturday morning, the conversation topic has switched to birds. Gideon is all in on the goose being best.
    n60LZ7E.jpg

Hudson thinks blue things are always best, therefore Blue Jays are best.
    9n0nWkD.jpg

Forrest tries to throw dogs into the conversation, with some funny looks from the twins. Even toddlers know that dogs aren't birds Forrest :D
    L16QGoO.jpg

Hayden thinks that eagles could probably win even against dogs.
    mei2t3R.jpg

With that argument over, Gideon gets to work on his typing practice.
    K6vCezN.jpg

And Dane stops by for a visit with his little brothers.
    4bnw6Ap.jpg

And plays some chess with his mom. Do we think that Dane is lonely in a house by himself perhaps? Bachelor pad not all it was cracked up to be?
    tFEeCfM.jpg

After Scouts, the older boys head off to Oasis Springs for some fishing, since they'll never get those scout badges in the frozen wasteland of Newcrest. Still cold and windy, but better than a blizzard ;)
    D9AYQ1Z.jpg

The next day is time for the twins' birthday! First Hayden...
    meEd7SY.jpg
    ak91fK9.jpg

Then Hudson.
    AE08B3d.jpg
    trBf27e.jpg
    They do look different now, but I still went into CAS to stick with the green & blue themes for them.

A few hours later, Eva goes into labor and thought maybe standing in front of the fireplace would help.
    dObLzIW.jpg

Welcome baby Isaac!
    iqboBVq.jpg

After Isaac drifts off, Eva regales the boys with a story about a fox.
    d9eGrV8.jpg

And then it's time for Forrest's birthday!
    1gdDQEV.jpg

With no more birthday possibilities, they all chow down on that cake! ...Including Dane, who is there again.
    L8e2ofi.jpg

Forrest moves in with his big brother. We'll see if Dane still stops in all the time now that he finally has a housemate.
    7AgREwd.jpg

The Archers now, up to #10
    wn4VAAw.jpg

The grown kids:
    1. Aliyah - Self-Assured, Outgoing, Jealous. Party Animal
    2. Brynnlee - Good, Geek, Erratic. Computer Whiz
    3. Cecilia - Art Lover, Clumsy, Goofball. Musical Genius
    4. Dane - Genius, Cheerful, Active. Nerd Brain
    5. Ellie - Glutton, Erratic, Clumsy. Master Chef
    6. Forrest - Dog Lover, Lazy, Art Lover. Friend of the Animals
    @SoulGal7 what an AweSim introduction screenie <3 I love when the whole family helps out with school projects, its so cool. Oh golly goodness a love triangle, Dillan what are you doing? Happy birthday to the triplets. What a lovely helper Elissa is, I cheat a little with dishes and drag and drop them into the bin or dishwasher while playing LOL. I am getting so much gaming time now that I don’t work anymore. I think this baby challenge might go quicker than my previous one :D

@Dinkus83 Looks like Gideon might want to go to Sulani and look for crabs LOL. Congratulations on the pregnancy Eva. Aww toddlers dancing is so cute <3 Mmm now Gideon wants to go and look at goose at Henford on Bagley LOL. Hahaha Forrest is really pushing the dog issue. Happy birthday twins. Welcome little Isaac. I bet you Dane is happy to have his brother move in :)

@all I played all morning, been awake since 5am, could just not fall asleep again after hubby left for work. So will post update in next post :)
    edited June 2022
    9r9eC9e.png
    Sally was the 8th person to join her siblings house, so Tina will move into a new place by herself next ;)
    dll2gYX.png

Tina is a teen
    bOeg308.png

Urshula is a child
    7OV9L48.png

Valerie is a toddler
    X4IpoxY.png

Introducing baby number 22
    Wendy Atkins
    jeIgkQI.png
    Aii6l8e.png
    Post edited by mcrudd on
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Valerie Atkins
    jeIgkQI.png
    Aii6l8e.png

Two kids with the same name? Or did you mean to change the name?
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Valerie Atkins

Two kids with the same name? Or did you mean to change the name?

Hahahaha that happens when you are awake since 5am :D
    Its actually Wendy <3

MPAks9Y.png
    Tina moved into her own little place, even with the downpour she was super happy
    jllAGqE.png

Urshula is a teen
    2vsLuwx.png

Valerie is a child
    6VDXbsD.png

Wendy is a toddler
    68RfHfQ.png

Introducing baby number 23, finally a boy
    Xavier Atkins
    Ug1e07P.png
    un1UkFl.png
    edited June 2022
    I never really show you guys my gameplay, so I thought I would share a few pics.

F3Sg9E5.png

rlHP0Yr.png

YYNrdHm.png

8u3VbTi.png

HMMzrnF.png
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @mcrudd I love your gameplay pictures.
  • eliasjudeeliasjude Posts: 1 New Member
    Ooh, this looks so fun! Thinking of trying it for myself :)
    I had some extra time over the weekend. We usually have family dinner to go to and things to do out, but part of the family has Covid (vaccinated folks and mostly fine, so don't worry), so I was home more with nothing else to do lol. So, I will endeavor today to catch up on comment time and the Archers' story, and will likely split that into a couple posts while I take random breaks from cleaning house and whatnot. They've had a lot going on!

@mcrudd
    Your kids are always so pretty. Good genes there :) Welcome baby Urshula! You had good luck on your family not getting sad over that dog. I've had a whole family distraught before over a random sim (who none of them knew) dying nearby. And then, still with the house full of girls lol. Tina looked very excited about doing her homework in child pic :D Welcome baby Valerie!

Sulani they can do now, but I don't have Henford yet, though I have been considering grabbing it too this week while it's on sale on Playstation, cuz it looks super fun too... hmmm... lol. And Sally is out now too! So, you're up to two full houses now? Crushing it :) And still on the girls lol. Welcome baby Wendy! Lol at Valerie's face on the monkey bars. It's not that high up girl :D And a boy! Welcome Xavier! Cute cow onesie. Wendy is gonna get all dirty playing in that water. I love the card table! Took me a while to discover it, but I put it in pretty much every house now. Nice to see that others enjoy it too.

@SoulGal7
    Love the pic of random dog swimming in your pool lol. I've never tried the animal hangout lot traits, but it seems to keep things interesting ;) Happy birthday to the triplets! Poor kids had some awful luck on gifts. Glad you were able to find a bit of time to play with all the extra work :) Lol yeah, Fight Day, I have a lot of fun when it pops up in games where I just have a single sim or maybe a couple, cuz they can just roam the neighborhood picking fights. Not as fun when you have sims of all different ages, since they can't participate so much and there are more things going on.

@Rawla Glad your puppy is a sweetie and helping to heal your heart :)

@eliasjude It is very fun! You should definitely join in :)
    edited June 2022
    The Archers - Week 8 continues, Winterfest!!

Winterfest Eve begins with a normal breakfast, but the boys are all very excited about the impending presents!
    DW3yXR7.jpg
    Before heading off to school, they hear baby Isaac crying and decide to check it out. Hudson was angry. Would this kid steal his presents?
    07Evzs8.jpg

Hayden was happy though, to have another brother to play with.
    o2gPZoO.jpg

Eva heads to the treadmill to knock off that baby weight again, and finally finishes her aspiration! That's a hard one to do with a sim who's pregnant so often.
    A3LM5LY.jpg

Dean has been in the kitchen baking up a storm, now it's Eva's turn. She's never had to cook anything before, so she starts with a simple garden salad while Dean gives her tips.
    CcQFndM.jpg

Gideon came home from school with an A, so Eva ended up baking his birthday cake.
    inwje8A.jpg

They had also rearranged the living room, to have room to put up the tree. Time to decorate!
    87nzIiv.jpg

While Eva and Gideon put the finishing touches on the tree, Dean gets to work on dinner and the twins play some chess.
    YFc427F.jpg

Ellie stops in to help eat the Tofurkey dinner and fruitcake. Hayden rolled the Vegetarian trait, so it's tofurkey forever now.
    ehAerP1.jpg

And then they all go admire their tree. Not bad guys!
    oIpAaEw.jpg

Winterfest starts off with storytime.
    ZQYCgut.jpg

There's another Tofurkey dinner. Apparently Hayden's moved on to butterflies now. I really wish there was another grand meal option for vegetarians...
    faOmaRi.jpg

And then, of course, Father Winter pops in for a visit! (I have never had this issue before, but none of the Archers were able to ask him for a present. The dialogue option just wasn't there. So, they were all sad about it the next day :'( )
    bBBzQfC.jpg

But, at least they all still get to grab a present from under the tree.
    Uv1nfgO.jpg
    Dean got a digital camera; Eva, a Schmapple coffee maker; Gideon, a fire opal; Hayden, a sapphire; and Hudson, a "Lots of Love" bear. They were all pleased with their gifts.

The next morning was Isaac's birthday!
    pzZz4zd.jpg

And I found an interaction I've never seen before. If you click a present pile with a toddler, there's one that says "Get Excited," and it gives that moodlet. I figured they would've had a present there for Isaac, so he got to open one and found a Blarffy!
    Ot6yvcD.jpg

When the boys came home from school on Friday, Eva was thoroughly done with all the blizzards and general freezing weather in Newcrest. She informed them that as soon as they finished their homework, they were all heading to Sulani for the weekend. Obviously, that was pretty motivating and they all got straight to work.
    lAOnWZx.jpg

They found a rental on the beach and headed out.
    k4WQaUr.jpg
    I just grabbed a beachy looking house from the gallery quickly, since I didn't feel like building one.
    The Archers - Into the New Year with fun at the beach!

The family arrives in Sulani, looking a bit out of place in their winter clothes.
    U9k6oL4.jpg
    There, that's better!
    bZXQyua.jpg

Dean's first stop is to start cooking an Island Veggie Feast.
    4c3vHhO.jpg

The whole family is looking more relaxed already at their late dinner. Obviously, Gideon has already discovered the rooftop gym.
    UTyYvlF.jpg

After the boys are off to bed, Dean and Eva relax in the hot tub.
    8NORLCs.jpg

Dean has more serious plans for that hot tub though!
    Ue9ZVE1.jpg

Due to a minor bed malfunction, they then went for naps on some loungers. Of course, the one bed I didn't change when I checked out the house was broken in some way... sigh
    mBxSrPX.jpg

The next morning Eva shares some big news. Don't look so surprised Dean, it was your idea :D
    Jl4wWlP.jpg

Meanwhile, the twins went to find a spot to do some fishing on the beach. And, I learned that fishing here doesn't count for Scout badges for some reason.
    gnFU3Kp.jpg

The menfolk decided to spread some New Year's cheer up in the gym.
    C252OCD.jpg

While Eva got to work on her New Year's resolution of raising a skill. Done already! She was feeling very inspired, so she decided to write a children's book.
    eUF9KrA.jpg

Dean had his own resolution to write a book, so he got to work on his too.
    PeWUkCG.jpg

Eva told the twins they could each get a Voidcritter card, and they could play with them if they finished the skills they needed to work on over the weekend. Hudson got a Pleuro and Hayden lucked out and got a limited edition foil Meduso!
    LoHxnDam.jpgbhrR3VAm.jpg

They had some skill building to do though, before they could play games. Little Isaac watched his brothers in amazement!
    n1tNUfj.jpg

The children decided that obviously the room that Mom is in is the best place to eat dinner.
    tGGp4sS.jpg

The next morning, the twins worked on their arts badges, and what a great view for it.
    6FFzY98.jpg

Dean also thought this place provided some great inspiration.
    AH8LB57.jpg
    HNdR3ep.jpg

While the trip was coming to an end, the twins decided to play chess out on the deck to enjoy the amazing weather.
    qc7Mqrl.jpg

And Gideon has spent pretty much the whole weekend up in the gym. He was just waiting on his A in school anyway. I tried to get him to do other things, but every time I went looking for him he was back up there again lol.
    hKjCtDJ.jpg

Back to the cold of Newcrest, with inappropriate outfits again :( And Ellie is there to welcome them home! You can definitely tell that I wasn't joking about Gideon working out though, dang!
    yomUlbQ.jpg

And now it's time for Dean's surprise! He got workers to lay the foundation for their new house while they were away, as soon as the ground thawed.
    OHV8KWF.jpg
    nB7UCU6.jpg

There was a lot of work still to be done on the inside, but at least they have a bit bigger of a space for their growing family.
    5D29ohZ.jpg
    And yes, this is really what it looked like by the time they got home. Mostly barren and random stuff pushed all around lol. That's just as far as I'd gotten it, but I figured it fits the story anyway. I actually realized when I took a screenshot, that I'd completely forgotten doors inside, so at least I fixed that for them :D

Dane stopped by for a visit as well.
    uiyZU9F.jpg

And they all enjoyed some catching up before bedtime and back to normal routines.
    5OwwkoX.jpg

***Side notes: I like taking Sim families on vacation, but there really is always some reason to wish I could change something, and it irks me that you can't use build mode on a rental while there. Take some more money if you want, but let me move a bed, gah! Also, sad that fishing there doesn't count for Scouts, so the twins will have to do it again later. Hopefully that all wasn't too much, but I had lots of fun with them this last week with holidays and vacation, and the island stuff is new for me so extra fun :)
    edited June 2022
    Hi All! Sorry this up-date is a bit long and picture heavy. Have a great day/night! :)

CHAPTER 15 - ZACH AND KACI HOBBS - FAMILY 100 BABY CHALLENGE - BABY COUNT 9/100

family-age-up-triplets.png
    This could be the day that Derek finally gets that "A" in high school. He decides to do some reading before school.

derek-reading-before-school.png

And Dillan practices some lines for his Drama class.

praticing-drama.png

All the kids are now in school and Kaci and Zach can't believe that they have the house to themselves! Zach then gets a call from Bjorn Bjergsen to go to GeekCon. Zach remembered that the last time he went, he won first place in the hack-a-thon. Maybe he'd be lucky again, so they decide to go. They also invite Ayden, Braylon and Clare to come with them.

going-to-geekcon.png

geekcon-with-the-ya-kids.png

Kaci and Ayden enter the Ultimate Gaming Test just for fun.

for-some-reasn-elissa-came-home-from-chool.png

And what happened here? Clare discovers Elissa at Geekcon. Was she skipping class? Busted!

Zach has signed up for another space adventure, and Kaci and Braylon sign up for the Hack-A-Thon Contest.

kaci-and-braylon-at-geekcon.png

Well, they are just a lucky family, because this time Kaci wins first place, and another computer.

kaci-wins-1st-prize-at-geekcon.png

They also got a call from Derek and he got an "A" in high school! Woot! Kaci calls the kids and had Derek and Dillon bring everyone to San Myshuno to Geekcon.

derek-is-now-an-a-student.png

GeekCon was over. Derek was desperately trying to play a game of Blicblock with everything disappearing around him.

evedrything-was-disappearing.png

It was time to head home, but, looking around, they couldn't find Zach. Where was he? Well, Zach had autonomously decided to head into the Planet Honey Pop Karaoke Bar and sing a karaoke song. (Note: And for a sim who had never sung karaoke before, he sounded really good.)

zach-wandered-over-to-the-karaoke-bar-and-autonomously-sang-karaoke.png

songbird-deluxe-zach.png

And then there was an announcement that there was a karaoke contest. Well, they couldn't leave now because Zach was going to enter the karaoke contest.

in-the-karaoke-contest.png

zach-was-really-good.png

Wow Zach! The family is impressed. But will the judges be?

And just for fun, Dillan and Derek also compete in the Karaoke Contest.

and-now-dillan-tries.png

dillon-got-47.png

derek-tries-his-hand-at-karaoke.png

derek-got-49.png

They both sounded pretty good, but not good enough to beat their Dad, the old crooner, Zach. Congrats Zach! And they receive $500 in prize simoleons.

zach-wins-the-contest.png

zach-won.png

And just because they might be out tonight, doesn't mean that the kids can forego their homework.

homework-at-the-karaoke-bar.png

Dillon seems to be mesmerized by the bar tricks the bartender is performing.

dillan-enthralled-with-bar-tricks.png

The night ends with Zach and Kaci doing a karaoke duet.

kaci-and-zach-karoaki.png

Ahhh...and afterwards Zach gives Kaci an autonomous kiss. The sim by the entrance seems rather excited by this action. Maybe she is a secret fan of Zach's.

and-an-autonomous-kiss-between-zach-and-kaci.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Yes, it's late when they get home, so they decide to have the birthdays the next day when the kids get home from school. And surprise, Felix is doing rather well in school, and gets a "B".
    FELIX-GETS-A-B.png

Derek invites Greta over, and Dillan invites Morgan over. It just wouldn't be a birthday without them.

BIRTHDAY-TIME-FOR-DEREK-AND-DILLAN.png

And Derek greets Greta with an autonomous kiss.

LOVE-IS-IN-THE-AIR-AGAIN.png

Love is in the air...and it's cake time!

BABY # 4: DILLAN HOBBS ages to Young Adult. He got the Romantic trait, and the Responsible character trait. He gets a very nicely wrapped gift, but, sadly, it is empty. He joins the Actor career.

DILLAN-AGES-TO-YA.png
    DILLAN-AGE-UP-TO-YA-TRAITS.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

BABY # 5: DEREK HOBBS ages to Young Adult. He gets the Loves Outdoors trait. And he got three character traits, Empathy, Responsibility and Manners. He gets a carrot as a gift and joins the Athlete career.

DILLAN-AGES-UP-TO-YA.png

DEREK-YA-TRAITS-REV.png

Greta shares the same birthday with Dillan and Derek, and decides to have her birthday with them. Greta has an "A" in high school, and gets the Family-Oriented trait. She gets a bowl of fruit as a gift.

greta-aged-up.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Braylon visits to bring them to the house in Newcrest. However, Derek has other plans, and he and Greta will be renting a house in Tartosa together (the Rifugio Dei Pirati lot close to where Zach and Kaci live).

braylon-comes-overr-to-bring-his-brother-to-the-house.png

So with good-byes to everyone, Dillan heads to Newcrest. It is winter there, too, but there is snow on the ground so he can't plant the two seeds that Kaci gave him. He decides to share a room with Braylon.

he-decides-to-share-a-room-wtih-braylon.png

Dillan runs outside to see the first snow. He has never seen snow before. He is really going to like living in Newcrest.

dillan-in-newcrest.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

DEREK-AND-GRETA-LIVING-TOGETHER.png

Derek and Greta arrive at the house and when they go inside, Derek is so excited because he has something to ask Greta. And right there, in the new house, he proposes and she accepts. Maybe not the most romantic place to do this, but Derek can't wait to share his life with Greta.

I-HOPE-YOU-WILL-BE-HAPPY-HERE.png

HE-PROPOSES-TO-GRETA.png

WOW-SHE-WAS-EXCITGED.png

Oh Derek...where are you carrying Greta off to? Um...yeah...he's going to keep that private.

They are now engaged, and will soon get married. They are so happy together and Greta paints a masterpiece of a flirty painting to show how much she is in love! (Note: Greta actually came as a pre-made maxed with the painting skill, so this is just a bonus for them. I put her in the Painter Career. Painting a masterpiece was a surprise!)

FIRST-PAINTING-SHE-PAINTS-IS-A-MASTERPIECE.png

masterpiece-notice.png

derek-and-greta-and-masterpiece.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

And Derek gets both the "Mommy Dearest" and "Daddy Dearest" relationships with his parents. It comes up "Daddy's Boy" and "Mommy's Boy" in Zach's and Kaci's relationship panel.

daddys-boy-derek.png

The Rigugio Dei Pirati house is a Maxis built starter home with 2 bedrooms. Derek and Greta have $22,000 simoleons, which is what you would receive if starting with 2 sims. I added an easel, punching bag. small stereo, and a gaming console to the lot. The house came with a tv. I also up-graded their bed. Otherwise, the house has been left as is. The second bedroom is a child's room. I also changed some of Greta's outfits. I didn't like how her pjs looked on her, also got rid of the leggings in her party dress, and added one other cold weather outfit. I gave Derek a nice suit for his formal wear.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited June 2022
    @all sorry I was m.i.a for a while, I had a fna on my thyroid yesterday and was in bit of discomfort so lay infront of the tv all day feeling sorry for myself LOL. I did pop in every now and then on my mobile and checked on all your lovely updates <3

@Rawla aww thanks, I usually forget to take pics unless its when they aged up for the update, but I concentrated to take pics this time round ;)

@eliasjude it would be so lovely if you join in with us, we would love to see your gameplay :)

@Dinkus83 hope your family feel better, covid is a nasty little experience even if you are vaccinated. Your Archers kitchen looks like mine did a few years ago when my kids were crafty, they now are 23 and almost 18 so no more crafts LOL. Hahaha Hudson he is to small to even be interested in your presents. Hayden loves his baby brother, how cute. So cool how they are putting up a tree together. Storytime is so cute, I love how you can read to more than one kid. Wow your kids got some AweSim presents <3 Aww what a cute little interaction from the toddler with the tree and present. Oh wow how clever to move into a rental to have a change of area ;) Oooh the sun and surf got them all romantic, congratulations on the pregnancy Eva. That is an amazing view for the kids to do their art <3 hahaha the unfinished house does look like its part of the story where they still need to paint the walls and so on.

@SoulGal7 Dean looks so nice and relaxed reading his book while dangling his legs in the pool. Hahaha busted her kid for skipping school, she does look a little guilty doesn’t she. Derek is going to finish that game and he does not care if he is the only one in there and everything is vanishing LOL Congratulations to Zach for winning the karaoke competition. I see that Greta and Derek are soulmates, you will have to move them in together with a nursery ;) Oooh you did, I am posting about your pics as I go through your stories <3 Aaaah a proposal <3 What a super duper update, so much happened :)

@all, I will have lunch and then load up my game a bit later :)
    TBMU57h.png
    Urshula moved in with Tina
    XoJs7cl.png

Valerie is a teen
    z4yr7Ec.png

Wendy is a child
    eEXtN08.png

Xavier is a toddler
    axokNzo.png

Introducing baby number 24