Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member
    The Vlad-Villareal thing just struct me as I was updating unplayed sims... I play with aging off but I'm manually aging people up in a semi-logical manner. Jacques starts as Elder. Cassie and Gwen, who started as Teens, are logically pushing 40 at this point (Gwen has alluded to using potions to keep them both Young Adults), so Jacques must have been close to 90. It was his time. Hence, Jacques and Vlad... two old criminal masterminds sitting down and talking at the end. It was just an opportunity not to be missed.

As for Xander and Elsa... romantic that I am, not every childhood love can turn into a forever relationship. They both need to find a new way. We'll have to see what happens to Xander. Elsa... well, she's in serious trouble. I hope she can get out of it.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    It wasn't today but rather last evening, as I can only play for prolonged times on Wed and Sun evenings. So I created a Sim girl who became right away a spellcaster. Learned some nice spells for cleaning and repairing. I also use a Hybrid Stabilizer mod which allows to play as a hybrid. Sadly my Sim disliked the fruitcake from the welcome wagon. So now I chose that interaction on Greg and he didn't like it. Being a Spellcaster he chose the Super Natural Smackdown on my Sim and voila, got werebies. Now she is a Mooncaster both spellcaster and werewolf and it is super fun to fly with the broom while in werewolf form or to use magic with it as well. Next thing I am going to do is bite Caleb and turn him into a hybrid werewolf/vampire. Let's see how he handles his rampages LOL :D

Next thing that happened was on the way back home she met a stray Retriever who was sick. So I befriended him, gave him some food and pet him. Then adopted him and took him straight away to the vet. End of the story is that he is now my Mooncasters Familiar! <3
  • crimsonnclover324crimsonnclover324 Posts: 73 Member
    edited June 2022
    "Good night, my lad," Vlad said sadly. "Rest... well."

So much going on, great read. It's getting pretty tense for old Vlad, seems like he's feeling some pressure even if he doesn't know why!
    OriginID: crimsonclover324
    YachD4h.png
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    It's been a little while since I've posted about my Sims, Johnny and Emiliano, but they finally had their wedding. <3

i91dFSL.png

OuL1WGC.png

And then a honeymoon in Sulani...

5iJcccg.png
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    edited June 2022
    I wanted to show off my merfolk from my Zalrian Legacy. Not exactly a group photo, but it's a nice summary of where all my merfolk come from and their place in the Legacy. I just finished going through and updating most of my Sulani Mermen and Mermaids. So far, my Zalrian and Kailani Legacy is a Legacy of Mermen. Both families seem to always have merboys. Ember is the only natural born girl. I had to change Jade's Gender. This update is picture and text heavy, so I used spoilers.

Important Note: What you see in their merform is how they dress in their human form. A more detailed explanation is in the spoiler.
    I consider my merfolk's merform to be their true form and design all of their outfits around how they look as mermaids and mermen. The main reason for this has a lot to do with how I use cheats. I use the cheat Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_OccultMermaid_MermaidForm frequently. What this does is it makes the merfolk take their mermaid or merman form outside of the water or in situations that they wouldn't normally change form.

Storywise, the shapeshifting process changes their legs into a tail. They only wear skirts for bottoms because that form of clothing will survive the shapeshifting. But, if they are wearing a human shirt, they would still be wearing the shirt in their human form. My biggest problem is that I can only create 5 outfits for my Merfolk in their true form. I have 8 different Outfit Categories that I can't create in their merform.

Ultimately, I decided to make all mermen that live in Sulani shirtless in their human form because they are shirtless in their merman form. The merfolk in Sulani spend 90% of their time in swimwear anyways, so I resolved my problem by making the shirtless outfits typical for anyone from Sulani. Again, if I could create more outfits in their merform, I would do something different, but for now, all 8 Categories are replicas of what my mermen and mermaids wear in their merform. It's not ideal, but given the limitations, it allows me to change them into their merform at will without having to explain where their shirt went. Mermaids require certain standards that make it hard to do the same thing.

The Zalrian Royal Family: The Merfolk Royal Families in my game are more like Guardians of Sulani instead of exact equals to human royal families.

52170373084_ccc55f80a2_b.jpg
    The Sapphire King: Kemps Zalrian

Kemps is Married to a Transgender Mermaid, and consequently, it was left to Calum to produce the heirs.

52169107632_7dc0d18314_b.jpg
    52170373134_fb7d7d51d8_b.jpg

The Sapphire Queen: Isla Zalrian

Isla is Transgender

52170607410_f613536096_b.jpg
    52170127621_21e8639956_b.jpg

52170607400_d8ae5b36ef_b.jpg

The First Prince and Kemp's Younger Brother: Calum Zalrian

Calum is my original Sim, and I created him to create Dylan and Zeph.

52170607505_bc1d67f529_b.jpg
    52169107832_5b87f02bea_b.jpg

52169107822_a70d38cc22_b.jpg

52170607490_c147efb3f5_b.jpg

52169107812_69da3149f7_b.jpg

The Mother Elemental: Lady Arihi Zalrian

Calum summoned the Island Elemental Arihi and the two fell in love. Instead of Calum giving up being a merman to live on land, Arihi became Half-Elemental and Half-Mermaid to be with Calum. Arihi is the Mother of the Elementals: Dylan, Zephyr, Ember, Jade, and Juniper. She named her children after their Elements.

52170384649_732e2255c4_b.jpg

The Joint Second Prince and Spirit of the Sea: Dylan Zalrian

I ended up making both Dylan and Zeph equal successors to Calum. They are Joint Heirs, together. Seperately, they can't inherit the title of Sapphire Princes.

Normally, the children inheirit the Father's Tail Color, but Dylan, Zeph, and Juniper are exceptions to the Rule because they are also Elementals.

Note: Dylan is Bisexual

52170607610_504ebe86f7_b.jpg
    52169107712_031b3fe183_b.jpg

52170127861_0b730d9b70_b.jpg

52169107982_218cfd027a_b.jpg

Dylan's Wife: Lady Cecelia Zalrian

Origianlly a Townie Mermaid the game Generated

52170127756_c3328fe8a3_b.jpg
    52170127776_a427e4710c_b.jpg

52170373184_f94c8b37f9_b.jpg

The Joint Second Prince and Spirit of the Sky: Zephyr Zalrian

Zeph is short for Zephyr. Dylan and Zeph are identical twins.

52170127536_5b3b3d2304_b.jpg
    52170373274_867e364c9d_b.jpg

52170127841_39c873e40e_b.jpg

52170127856_707e2956c0_b.jpg

Zephyr's Wife: Lady Sefina Zalrian

Zeph autonomusly started this relationship with an Enchanting Introduction, and I went with it.

Sefina is a Half-Mermaid

52169107652_51aa47a344_b.jpg

The Third Prince: Barnabus Zalrian

Barnaby is short for Barnabus. Barnaby is the Older Identical Twin and Dylan's Son. Barnaby inherited his Father's Tail Color.

It's worth noting that Barnaby had a human childhood and does have human attire in one outfit category.

52170373229_ac33e843e3_b.jpg
    52170373239_38bf080c4c_b.jpg

52169107927_34f3d6f5ec_b.jpg

52170127526_4080f8c357_b.jpg

The Fourth Prince: Wade Zalrian

Wade is the Younger Identical Twin and Dylan's Son. Wade inherited his Father's Tail Color.

Like his twin brother, Wade has a human outift because he had a human childhood.

52170607525_36cea56a96_b.jpg
    52169107912_0b50c98a4a_b.jpg

52169107902_537cd77534_b.jpg

52170607360_21869b9839_b.jpg

The Fifth Prince Sora Zalrian

Sora is Zeph's son and inherited his tail.

Sora was born a merman and never had a human childhood.

52170127796_f8a1a3089e_b.jpg
    52170133283_38e56a08e6_b.jpg

52169107657_e28ffc6e5d_b.jpg

52170607350_ef2955617a_b.jpg

Lord Juniper Zalrian

While Juniper is a Merman, he's not a heir or spare to the legacy. His nobility comes from his father, the first prince. Juniper doesn't have a claim to the throne because he's an Earth Elemental of Plants. His Eye Color is different from Reef Merfolk, and he didn't inherit his father's tail color the way most merchildren do. He's not a true Reef Mermen. In fact, he spent his childhood as a PlantSim before taking on his more permanent merman form. Merfolk Genetics and Elementals have weird results.

52170607325_971d23c7d4_b.jpg
    52170127726_efc77129c2_b.jpg

52170127711_d42863ecee_b.jpg

52170607460_2427f1753a_b.jpg
    After some discussion in another thread, I’m going to create another variant of merfolk in my game.

I’m going to have two different types of mermen and mermaids in my game, Reef Merfolk and Deep Sea Merfolk. Their appearance is going to be very different from each other.

My Reef Merfolk are going to be Colorful like my Zalrian Family, and most of my merfolk will be Reef Mermen and Mermaids. The merfolk I create later will be the Deep Sea Variety, and they will be darker and more deadly looking.

I’m thinking the next story Arc after the Darkfins will involve some merfolk from the darker parts of the sea, a place of eternal night.

Alexander Goth will become a merman. That’s what I decided to do for several different reasons. A couple of the main ones are because he’s a music lover, lives in Sulani with Ember, and it’s something different. My Alexander Goth won’t be as Dark as he’s themed to be, or will he… Some of the most colorful things in nature are the most deadly.

This week has been a productive brainstorming week.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited June 2022
    @CK213 That tower is really cool! Nice that some of the girls are still with her so she doesn't have to live alone.

@ChuChuExpress I didn't know I needed to see the slow dance with Benjamin and Shine until you posted it. So sweet! Love seeing familiar sims experience new content.

@mightysprite Oh no, you're going through a sad phase. I remember when my game lost its first generation within a couple of rotations. I'm sad that Lily didn't have a chance to maybe come around, but I'm glad Victor has his son and isn't alone.

@Metior_Ice I love all the detail and color you put in your merfolk. Thanks for sharing them all!

@GalacticGal That picture of the toddlers curled up on the chairs is adorable. Hopefully their parents could appreciate the cuteness in spite of the stressful search that ended there.

@GirafHuntr That wedding flashback shot is so sweet!

My husband had surgery this week and I took some time off to stay home with him. I bought myself MWS over the weekend to keep myself occupied when he's sleeping. So of course it finally went on sale a few days later. Sigh.

I spent some time early in the week editing my worlds. I found a version of Umbrage Manor in WIllow Creek that had been turned into a wedding venue. I also redid a small wedding chapel I had in Willow Creek to be for ceremonies only, and found a new venue online that works for all of the other party options except maybe the tea ceremony and put it next door. Now the whole bottom right neighborhood in Willow Creek is community lots. Since I don't play more than three households in any given world, I don't need too many houses. It has the two wedding venues, a pool made to look like a natural pond, a vegetarian restaurant in a New Orleans inspired building, and a small café.

I also downloaded a big wedding venue to go on the Landgraab lot in Oasis Springs. I had kicked the Landgraabs out ages ago and used the lot for a retirement village, but then moved that household to Sulani after I got Island Living so it's been doing nothing for a while.

And then I placed a wedding venue in Sulani, where I will have Brent and Brant Hecking renew their vows as my first actual MWS event in my game. They're up next in rotation after Ulrike.

I need to decide what to do with the rooftop in San Myshuno. It's been an Asian food restaurant with a wedding area upstairs for a long time, and I had my first ever wedding there. I might just remodel the downstairs and keep the upstairs as is, or I might download something nice. I'm going to replace the restaurant with one of a similar menu but in the Old Salt House instead, if I can find a nice version online. I don't build I just download and edit.

I never think to take screenshots in build mode so I can't show you any of this, but the Sulani lot at least should show up next week at the latest when I post the vow renewal update.
    Post edited by Daephene on
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    Winterfest 1987 with the Ramsays:
    VZQXdBX.png
    Meanwhile Madge's hubby Harold decides to eat alone away from her family:
    Ynnx5mx.png
    The Ramsay's decorations for Winterfest 1987:
    dhP9oa1.png
    vv7zlKr.png
    QHZ6yPt.png
    @Daephene It took a long time to figure out what I wanted to do.

I debated a long time about the choker though. It’s a feminine choker from a kit. I’ve actually found that my mermen look pretty good with a lot of feminine accessories. I never expected that.

Because a lot of my mermen are princes, I wanted them to look the part with gold accessories. I don’t think a crown would be functional in the water, and a lot of the formal necklaces are too loose looking.

I do feel like I repeated the same style on all of them too much, but it also ties them together.

I wish I had more accessories and spots for outfits. It’s less than ideal, but until there’s an update that gives me more things for mermen to wear and more categories for outfits, they’ll just have to be as they are.

The only difference between their merman form and human form is whether or not they have a tail or skirt. They are shirtless in all outfits because the only merman top is a fishnet that comes in 6 different colors.

Wyrd Girls - It's About Power

"Then you'll transfer the funds from the corporate account to the ones I had you set up for me," Max said confidently. "Simple."
    jRN54iF.png
    "Max, I... I can't! Please, don't ask me to do this," Elsa pleaded.
    xQusOm0.png

"What?" Max snarled. "Do you think you can back out now? You're in this up to your pretty neck, sweetheart!"
    fzNwPTp.png

"You don't have a choice. You'll do what I tell you to do, when I tell you to do it."
    BSS8ILK.png

"Now, get over here!"
    cvLCZfh.png

"You belong to me," he ranted. "You're mine. I own you. You don't have any choices left. Not one!"
    dSIIlha.png

"We'll see about that, buddy," Elsa declared, defiant.
    xVJ653y.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    @luciusstorm Well, she's certainly in a pickle, isn't she. Her wrong choices have come back to bite her. Oi! Such drama!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Wyrd Girls - What's Important
    (This one is pretty long, but there's a lot going on. - L)

Every year, after the first full moon of summer, Jake, Nick and Beth would go and camp out on Prowler's Patch. When they were kids, Kristopher or Daniel, Nick and Beth's father, had gone with them but as they got older, they had gone on their own. Whatever else might be happening in the world, after the full moon, they headed out to Prowler's Patch. There was no question that Miranda was invited too. Beth was happy to not be out numbered by the boys at last.
    BuYsJmO.png

Miranda was surprised how easily they all settled into camping out. It wasn't something she'd even done with mom and Gwen, and a week on the run, sleeping where ever she could had been a very different experience. The days were pleasant...
    Beth would wake early and make breakfast for everyone.
    rpUP3Rd.png

Sometimes, they'd head over to the lake and swim.
    lLQ0Ewb.png

Jake would show off the his guitar.
    PIoIxL6.png

Nick would usually try to play. Sadly, since he never practiced, he still wasn't very good.
    6RZFybz.png

Beth enjoyed strumming a few simple tunes.
    ahZtBhH.png

Miranda had brought her violin and stuck to that.
    0E4VoB9.png

Still, Miranda found she couldn't ignore the tension between them all.
    Even in the few weeks she'd lived in Moonwood Mill, Beth had become her best friend...
    Eyt7rrv.png

...and it was obvious Beth had feelings for Jake.
    przv7pE.png

Miranda's out feelings were just confusing. She really liked Jake but she was also attracted to Nick, when he wasn't trying too hard... and she really enjoyed kissing either of them. It wasn't fair!
    jwFQi8y.png

What had Lily said... think about what's really important.
    What could be more important than friends?
    zsU5vju.png
    Miranda knew what she had to do.
    kyVsQOA.png

"Jake, I... I think we should just be friends. I think... I really think you should be with Beth."
    EmEvYSg.png

"Come on... you and Jake are prefect for each other. It's like... fate."
    ZxxTIAU.png

It was the kick they both needed. Jake and Beth embraced their feelings for each other. They felt so happy...
    qH2BcdU.png
    ... not everyone was thrilled, however.
    UcPAJ04.png

"Dude!" Nick shouted. "What are you doing!?! That's my sister!"

"Right," Beth shook her head. "I'm outta here. You boys do your boy thing."
    JvUTquX.png

As Nick ranted at him, Jake could smell a shift in the air. This wasn't just a fright between friends... this was a challenge between wolves. He could feel the fury rising in them both. The Wolf was calling him to change, to rip into his rival and force him to submit. Jake was leader of this pack!

His father had taught him what a leader should do.

He talked Nick down... talked them both down. He explained how he felt about Beth but also how much his friendship with Nick meant to him. He made it perfectly clear, he didn't want to lose either one them...
    cR39Dpm.png

...but he couldn't deny his feelings for Beth. He would be good to her. Jake added that Nick would be free to kick his butt if he wasn't.
    M2SH6ed.png

"So... I guess it's you and me then," Nick grinned.
    vKxc1iR.png
    "Jeez, Nick. Really?" Miranda moaned.
    3DsO9Cp.png

@luciusstorm NIck really needs to learn a better pick-up line. LOL Interesting turn of events. Makes me wonder who will become the Leader?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    @GalacticGal, Yeah, I get the feeling Nick thinks he's sooo smooth... and he really, really isn't. Not sure why that it. Some of this is me scripting but some of it is the sims themselves.
    @GalacticGal, Yeah, I get the feeling Nick thinks he's sooo smooth... and he really, really isn't. Not sure why that it. Some of this is me scripting but some of it is the sims themselves.

I hear you. I take a lot of cues from my Sims, themselves. ;)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I was too late to help him, but Ben Cole was killed by the meteor! I was focused on another household member, getting ready to switch households, when I got those notifications. Sadly he couldn't be saved, and his wife is pregnant with their third child, due to give birth soon!

52172025271_c997f73944_h.jpg
    52172024976_7957d11d55_h.jpg
    52172505970_3fef343bb6_h.jpg
    52172271489_017670af15_h.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    River has a *totally* normal childhood, from his perspective.

NgWMt9C.png

He lives with his parents and his grandparents, and as of today his twin baby sisters, Stephany and Robin.
    Dad is a computer geek who spends a lot of time with his computer:
    v62gWVJ.png

His parents are happily married and enjoy spending time together:
    sUkyAcX.png

His grandparents also have a long happy marriage and are still really into each other:
    nft3d1R.png

oEsZiyA.png

PSNO5oK.png

River is close with his cousin Johnny Zest II:
    dbgGrrS.png
    Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

VURDM7C.png
    Toilet ducky splash time?? Heck yes!

And grandma does perfectly normal things too:
    I8fDJ8m.png
    aPHGpSs.png

BwNx0QX.png

AKfg3B0.png

cMtOtjB.png

And completely unrelated, does Alia Harris look like the type of loner, jealous, eco-conscious, computer science university student in a stable long-term relationship who could unsuspectingly get bitten by something strange in the woods and start to grow fur and claws? I thought so too.

QqzzCBF.png
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
    All I have left to update are the commoner merfolk that I created to perform certain roles in my game. Here's my Kailani Legacy and the Current Princes in The Immortal Merfolk Legacy. It's a good introduction for a new face too!

So, following the same theme as my previous introduction post. Here's my Second and Third Merfolk Legacies.

The First Legacy is my Zalrian Legacy. The Zalrian Legacy isn't a Traditional Legacy, the family has simply grown with normal Gameplay, but the Zalrian Legacy is getting a theme. It starts with the deceased Sapphire Queen, then the Sapphire King, followed by the Elementals, then the Twins and Sora.

The Kailani Legacy is closely connected to the Zalrian Family. Reef Kailani is the Adopted Son of the Sapphire Queen and Kemps and Calum's younger brother. The Kailani's are a noble merfolk family that maintain the oral history of all merfolk. The responsibility for remembering reef merfolk stories, culture, traditions, and history falls on the Kailani Heir. This Legacy is much more traditional the First Born or First Adopted is normally the heir. Zalen is an exception to this rule. Oddly, much like the Zalrian Legacy, the Kailani's have never had a Daughter. I didn't influence gender, but this is another merman Legacy.

The Third Legacy is a challenge I created for merfolk, and you can find the rules for it in my main thread for my merfolk stories here:

Note: I'm progressively adding spoilers as I progress through the challenge to make the thread less picture and text heavy.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/994423/metior-ices-merfolk-legacy-story/p1

The Heirs are already premade and I've test played all of them except the Purple Tail Prince. This legacy can work in the traditional sense, but I'm not playing the challenge I created in the traditional sense.

The Kailani Legacy: The Reef Merfolk Lore Keepers

Important Note: All Kailani Mermen are shirtless in their human form just like they are in their merman form. A more detailed explanation is in the spoiler.
    I consider my merfolk's merform to be their true form and design all of their outfits around how they look as mermaids and mermen. The main reason for this has a lot to do with how I use cheats. I use the cheat Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_OccultMermaid_MermaidForm frequently. What this does is it makes the merfolk take their mermaid or merman form outside of the water or in situations that they wouldn't normally change form.

Storywise, the shapeshifting process changes their legs into a tail. They only wear skirts for bottoms because that form of clothing will survive the shapeshifting. But, if they are wearing a human shirt, they would still be wearing the shirt in their human form. My biggest problem is that I can only create 5 outfits for my Merfolk in their true form. I have 8 different Outfit Categories that I can't create in their merform.

Ultimately, I decided to make all mermen that live in Sulani shirtless in their human form because they are shirtless in their merman form. The merfolk in Sulani spend 90% of their time in swimwear anyways, so I resolved my problem by making the shirtless outfits typical for anyone from Sulani. Again, if I could create more outfits in their merform, I would do something different, but for now, all 8 Categories are replicas of what my mermen and mermaids wear in their merform. It's not ideal, but given the limitations, it allows me to change them into their merform at will without having to explain where their shirt went. Mermaids require certain standards that make it hard to do the same thing.

52171023672_5469eee3f1_b.jpg
    The First Lore Keeper and Legacy Founder: Reef Kailani
    As said in his title, Reef is the Founder of the Kailani Legacy. The original save I played him in broke when I got Eco Living, so I transferred him into my main save from the Gallery. Most of my merfolk from the Zalrian Legacy and Kailani Legacy have been transferred from older saves that broke because of major glitches. Sometimes, this leads to accidental relationships developing such as Reef and Dylan's romance bar if I forget to rebuild the Genealogy. While Reef wasn't originally a merman, he is now 100% a Reef Merman.

52172529300_1a5c30ec7c_b.jpg
    52172294594_d3d6a32e60_b.jpg

52171023992_dc3fe53ba5_b.jpg

52172294809_3987903772_b.jpg

Reef's Wife: Lady Sara Kailani

52172047311_5ea3bb521c_b.jpg
    52172052528_390547e550_b.jpg

52172052508_992d1c6ed0_b.jpg

The Second Lore Keeper: Kylen Kailani

Kylen inherited his father's tail color in the same way all merfolk do.
    Kylen is gay, and I discovered this when I noticed him frequently showing up on the same lot as Dylan and Zeph. While playing rotational, I watch what my merfolk do, and it seemed that Kylen had an interest in my Main Twin Mermen. I could almost see Jealousy when they engaged in romance if he was there. Dylan and Zeph are almost always together, so I couldn't tell you which twin caught Kylen's eye for certain. I suspect that his crush was Dylan. Ever since he married Aaron, he stopped showing up where my twins were. He's deeply in love with Aaron and I've never seen two sims fall so quickly for each other.

Kylen and Aaron adopted Lir and Kylen carried to term their biological twin sons Alex and Alen. My gay mermen and lesbian mermaids can try for baby. I forgot to change the setting, and Kylen had a terrible case of empty nest syndrome. Even though he can be at odds with his son, Lir. He's family oriented and loves his family.

52172543585_8b668f9117_b.jpg
    52172052663_1b6ae77858_b.jpg

52172294899_443f390c68_b.jpg

52172529170_ac29a7dc26_b.jpg

Kylen's Husband: Lord Aaron Kailani
    Aaron is Kylen's soulmate. He's always there to support his husband, and he's a voice of reason and mediator whenever Lir gets into an argument with his Father, Kylen. He loves his husband and his sons. When Lir was abducted by a Darkfin, he and Kylen, stepped in to get their son out of trouble.

52171024067_9192e1a26c_b.jpg
    52172047406_802fbf7044_b.jpg

52172529375_055971828e_b.jpg

52172294854_f920144d0f_b.jpg

52172052408_aea300c850_b.jpg

Lord Rylan Kailani

Rylan inherited his father's tail color in the same way all merfolk do.
    Rylan is Kylen's identical twin. Rylan is a Genius and a Goofball. He's a spare in the Kailani Legacy. Unlike his brother, he's straight, and a bachelor waiting for the right mermaid to swim his way. Right now, he's more of a background merman.

One thing worth noting, he autonmously changed into a skirt from a kit when he went for a swim. My noble merfolk now wear different versions of that skirt in their human form for swimwear. He's become a bit of a trend setter. I have him as a conservationist in Sulani. The Conversationist Career is one of the Greatest Responsibilites any noble merman or mermaid can take. It is the responbility of all Noble Merfolk to protect the the worlds, including vulnerable ecosystems like the ones found on Mua Pel'Am.

52172529290_51f140914f_b.jpg
    52172294784_be80878639_b.jpg

52172052548_0c3deb2bb7_b.jpg

52172047106_2652ab77ed_b.jpg

The Third Lore Keeper and Abalone Prince: Lir Kailani
    Lir is one of the protagonists of the Immortal Merfolk legacy. He's the adopted son of Kylen and Aaron, but he's also a decendent of the deceased Abalone King. The merfolk royal families weren't reestablished the same way they were when the kings and queens were murdered by the Darkfins, Sirens of the Sea. Lir is on a mission to find the lost Princes of Sulani. As a teen, Lir often got in arguments with his Father Kylen. Their relationship has since been good, and as an an adult, Lir finally understand where his father was coming from. He cares deeply for his family in much the same way Kylen does.

Lir has a lost Twin Brother. His location is unknown. Twins are very common among reef merfolk.

52172529080_61058a57bd_b.jpg
    52172047251_41f51e06a5_b.jpg

52172052478_c4059fb045_b.jpg

Lir's Wife: Krista Kailani

Lir met Krista when he tried to run away from home. He and Krista have a solid relationship and often support each other. Krista is still new to the story and has developed as much as a character.

When Krista was in a household with Sefina, Cecelia, and Maria. She autonamously adopted Maria as her caredependant before Neighborhood Stories.

52172047226_ffffb08b09_b.jpg
    52171023892_9a073366d1_b.jpg

52172052458_f13e6692ac_b.jpg

Lord Alex Kailani

Because Kylen carried him and his twin to term, Alex inherited Aaron's Tail Color. Alex and Alen are Fraternal twins, but their only physical difference is their hair color in their human form. Otherwise, they are identical in their merman forms. Alex and Alen are Lir's younger brothers.

52172052593_ed58a806ba_b.jpg
    52172294834_d65f8718d5_b.jpg

52171023757_d37ce7f874_b.jpg

52172294819_14965f34a8_b.jpg

Lord Alen Kailani

Because Kylen carried him and his twin to term, Alen inherited Aaron's Tail Color. Alex and Alen are Fraternal twins, but their only physical difference is their hair color in their human form. Otherwise, they are identical in their merman forms. Alex and Alen are Lir's younger brothers.

52172047366_2180da8d88_b.jpg
    52172047371_303b1be766_b.jpg

52171024017_0709447ff9_b.jpg

52172294609_15e21e5c02_b.jpg

The Fourth Lore Keeper: Zalen Kailani

Zalen inherited his father's tail color in the same way all merfolk do. Even though Lir was adopted, Zalen is the next Heir and inherited the Kailani name. If Lir died, he would inherit the title, Abalone Prince.

52171023697_57b51f8cbb_b.jpg
    52172052448_67c6110e1a_b.jpg

52171023872_77d6e7ee41_b.jpg

Lady Maria Eldora

Krista and Lir's adopted daughter and Zalen's older sister. Even though Maria is older, she was an unexpected product of rotational gameplay. I chose to not to make her a heir because of how she joined the Kailani family. She did not inherit the Kailani name.

52172052323_70d5931234_b.jpg
    52172047261_fcdebbcd9e_b.jpg

The Island Fire Dancer: Calden Azure
    Calden is Sulani's Resident Celebrity. He's a natural fire dancer, but that's not the oddest part. I created him to try rags to riches without leaving the ocean. I never expected him to be a natural at Fire Dancing.

Storywise, shapeshifting never came naturally to him even though he's been a reef merman all his life. He constantly worries about accidentally turning back into a merman on land. Despite that, he loves to fire dance and made an effort to learn how to shapeshift, with help from Kemps Zalrian.

52172529265_31baa56560_b.jpg
    52172529120_b55e59d322_b.jpg

52172294739_90f2879933_b.jpg

52171023927_9de2a83999_b.jpg

The Third and Final Legacy of my Save is the Immortal Merfolk Legacy. This Legacy is made up of 8 Merman Princes with different tail colors, and they are the focus of my current story.

The White Tail, Abalone Prince, and Founder: Lir Kailani

Focus: Parenthood Game Pack

52172529080_61058a57bd_b.jpg
    52172047251_41f51e06a5_b.jpg

52172052478_c4059fb045_b.jpg

The First Blue Tail and Sapphire Prince: Dylan Zalrian

Focus: Island Living Game Pack

52170607610_504ebe86f7_b.jpg
    52169107712_031b3fe183_b.jpg

52170127861_0b730d9b70_b.jpg

52169107982_218cfd027a_b.jpg

The Second Blue Tail and Sapphire Prince: Zephyr Zalrian

Focus: Jungle Adventure Game Pack

52170127536_5b3b3d2304_b.jpg
    52170373274_867e364c9d_b.jpg

52170127841_39c873e40e_b.jpg

52170127856_707e2956c0_b.jpg

Finally, the next Prince fast approaching in the story is:

The Pink Tail and Bándearg Prince: Jack Galleon

Focus: Cottage Living Game Pack

52172294649_f6804d6797_b.jpg
    52171023847_ffa47dcaee_b.jpg

52172047061_845fd0ddef_b.jpg

52171023832_94eaae2537_b.jpg

52171023812_fc5a6949b5_b.jpg
    @GirafHuntr, all grammas do that, right? :)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Haley gave birth to her angel baby, whom she named Bella, the 'B' honoring her late-husband.
    52172979800_92ddb66d85_h.jpg
    52172497876_ddaecfc723_h.jpg

And the doctor who delivered Bella started flirting with Haley autonomously. I had them exchange numbers so we'll see where they go.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Okay, so I left off with Cornelius Munch-Andreas taking over Straud Manor. In the process he turned Ulrike Faust into a mortal, and caused her previously mortal lover Victor Feng to die of embarrassment. Ulrike and her daughter Viktoria (teenage vampire) took Victor's urn and fled to Tartosa.

The first thing Ulrike did was make contact with Victor's ghost.
    ItFRjXb.png

So now they are a household of one ghost, one vampire, and one... well, let's talk about that under the spoiler.
    Ulrike did find some advantages to not being a vampire anymore. Including sunbathing.
    vMekOhP.png

And painting landscapes during the day.
    6CxK9c6.png

Her biggest problem was Victor being dead. Not that she didn't enjoy the company of his ghost.
    Nsg4cfh.png
    riPFfPg.png
    AnDvJnS.png
    (Her tan lines in that last one make me laugh)

But it just wasn't the same. One day she made her way to the library in her old home of Windenberg, and found a bookshelf she'd never noticed before.
    BhLDeSI.png

She started reading about magic, and discovered references to a spell that can revive the dead.
    lIiXupT.png

So she made her way to the portal indicated in the book.
    DNhmCFm.png

And found herself in a magical realm. There she met Morgyn, who listened to her tale of woe.
    sbHYJa2.png

And after she completed a quest for him (though exhausted at that point)...
    1rxgAV7.png

Morgyn gifted her with the ability to cast spells.
    p4M2T7S.png

After that she went home and promptly collpased. Sleep is good.
    lUUXQTJ.png

The next day she returned to the magic realm. She decided buttering up the sages would be a good way to advance quickly.
    NPphJzE.png
    ViiYSXa.png

She searched the shelves for any spells she might find.
    vWXlieN.png

She did not follow Alexander's method of talking to the shelves... no word on how successful that is yet.
    KUnwXlz.png

She learned two spells from Simeon, Repairio and Scruberoo. Victor made sure she had some plumbing to practice on.
    U8aPiQ2.png
    Two fires, one curse of Uncontrollable Charge and a new shower later, the bathroom was back in working order.

The curse was a little annoying, but she didn't let it stop her from her everyday tasks, like helping Viktoria with her homework.
    USSdGX4.png

After that she tried a few duels. She dueled the bartender Adonis and my sim Isabella, with similar results.
    sVVmQCa.png
    R8tfjmQ.png
    Zh2MRMf.png
    gCmndt4.png

She learned the discharge spell, but also found a potion of curse cleansing, to make magic safer.
    GWvFRmz.png

And after practicing a bit at home...
    MprxxpY.png

She finally became an acolyte! Almost immediately Isabella called for a rematch at the dueling grounds.
    hPOKbZO.png
    fkMc62X.png
    XEM0VeV.png
    TovCsh4.png
    Still no luck.

Her first ride on a broom home from that duel did nothing to restore her dignity.
    WuPi02v.png

But she's trying! And keeps learning more everyday.
    DwKiZqt.png
    She's convinced that Victor will be back to his old self in no time!
    edited June 2022
    @Daephene Haha, love this! I had a Sim whose wife had been killed by vampires, and I had her go to the magic realm in search of certain ingredients. When she was finally able to get all the correct ingredients, she went to one of my other Sims who is a top-level chef and had him make her ambrosia. She paid a lot of money for this, but eventually was able to bring back her wife, so totally worth it! Death and life are among the greatest motivators for a quest.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
    I've come back around to one of my absolute favorite Sims, Norah, who has an aspiration to become a world-famous photographer. (Norah is the one with the hipstery vibe and the red glasses.) She is finishing up high school now and continuing to spend time with all her best friends. Her cousin Tenley is the one who's in love with their good pal Damian (the blonde guy in the trio picture with Norah and Tenley), who totally doesn't seem to reciprocate. They're all part of an adorable friend group that likes to hang out at the Tartosa beach and blow off their high school and University coursework. Now that I have started using poses, and am combining that with Norah's constant camera-happiness, I am having tons of fun documenting things.

KRZgA2j.png

2u5exhB.png

MD2etxd.png

MxwcYYN.png

I am 100% going to have Norah start photographing all my other Sims' weddings, by inviting her, using the control any Sim mod, paying her through the SNB mod, and then having her give the couple all the photos. She's going to be both famous and rich from genuinely using her photography skills.

PS I am so glad that Norah is such close friends with Miki Akiyama because Miki is an adorable photography model.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    @GirafHuntr That was great. LOVE River's household! (What exactly is going on with the purple mist surrounding him in that one shot?)
    @HillyBeth A tragic scene, the Grim Reaper, and a random sim playing on a sketchpad... so typical. Sorry about the misfortune,@luc but it seems she's bouncing back quickly.
    @luciusstorm hahaha priceless. why do I get the feeling she's having second thoughts.
    @Daephene That was pretty entertaining and I've played through the early spellcaster stages plenty of times already. Great story.

gen3-banner.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top