Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neighborhood Stories - do I understand how this works?

I just updated my game including about 9 months of patches and stuff. I do not want anything of the Neighborhood stories, as I don't really need that when playing 100+ households.

I found the settings under "Manage Households". But when I want to uncheck all those green tiles, I can't find any. But then i see the box "Enable NS" top right is not checked.

On an EA site I found that If I don't want NS I need to reset game settings in the main menu... So, if I read the unchecked box correctly, my game has NO neighborhood stories enabled, and it should not be needed to reset anything?

In short - do NS come non-enabled as default, and needs to be checked by user to have any affect?

Sorry if this is old stuff, it just would make a huge deal to me if my game gets messed up by random kids and deaths etc.
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    If I remember right my played households was disabled and I would have had to enable it but non played households was set to enabled.

I disabled it for non played households because it got out of control so I imagine it was enabled as I don't remember doing anything but disabling.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I believe it does but if I am wrong in the manage households menus if you're unsure don't unclick the options for individual houses click the one across the top for everyone turn it on then turn it back off and that I know works.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Just to confirm what @wahini2024 said. Neighborhood stories, by default, are not activated for your played households, but will be activated for unplayed households. If you don't want it at all, go to the unplayed household list and you should see the same button that enables or disables NS for all in the list.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,670 Member
    Ah, thanks! I just clicked "Manage Households" and found the general unchecked box. Did not click on "unplayed" tab, if that exists. The UI is new, better click on everything I can before I start my game.

I really wish these setting could be global, not per save. I'm sure I'll mess up when starting one of my older saves in the future. I'm pretty sure those wanting NS might turn it on for a limited number of saves only. Well, if my main save is safe , I'll probably manage...
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I actually prefer most things to be per save.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Hi @Simmerville I think the toggle you're curious about is actually located in the Gameplay Options tab under Neighborhood Stories (you may have to scroll down). That enables or disables it for the whole save. It sounds like yours is disabled for your whole save which is what you want I think.

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,670 Member
    Hi @Simmerville I think the toggle you're curious about is actually located in the Gameplay Options tab under Neighborhood Stories (you may have to scroll down). That enables or disables it for the whole save. It sounds like yours is disabled for your whole save which is what you want I think.

Thank you!!! How could I miss that? Anyway, now the NS system should be deactivated in any possible way :) I played just for a simday and had no ne of those feared phone calls asking stuff. I'm so relieved!
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    Just so you know, toggling the neighborhood stories off in the settings menu only disables sims autonomously making life changes (so no one will have babies, change jobs etc. on their own). Sims your sim knows might still call and ask about making changes. If you say "no" they won't make the change. So you still have control.

If you find the phone calls themselves annoying, and are able to use mods, Bienchen has a mod that stops the phone calls.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".