Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I love it when the game (or a mod) gives me gifts. Yumika was the Cantrell's first Butler. The family loved her very much. She was really good with the children and discipline was starting to have the desired effects. Plus, the house was sparkling clean. Then one day she just wasn't at the house. Later, she could be found at the PBP Studios when Erik was there to receive a Best Song award. Another Butler, Aylin came in her place. She wasn't as nice or even kind. In fact, she wasn't really trying to care for the four Toddlers, let alone taking care of the newborn.

Yumika turned out to be an Erik fan. Aylin turned out to hate children. Yes, the Cantrell's were having their domestic help woes. Lost the good Butler and fired the bad one. they got a cow over a Llama, although Erik still has hopes for a Llama one day.

The other gift I was given, is when Kayleigh went into labor. (I use PandaSama's Childbirth mod) but I never expected this. Kayleigh was checked by an Obstetrician when she first arrived at the hospital. She used her exercise ball to help further the dilation. After a time, she went back to see how far she had advanced, only to find her brother-in-law, Joey, in the examination room! He was marked as an Obstetrician, so I just went with it. LOL Andrew was born, safe and sound. Now Erik and Kayleigh are the proud parents of five wee ones. Two boys and three girls.

Then he won his sixteenth Accolade for Best Song. That's sixteen in a row!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    Some update notes. I’ve finally got my game reset and ready to play again. All essential mods and cc are back in and working. I have no errors or glitches. Sims are in their correct places and relationships have been restored. My worlds are set up the way I want them and the townies are getting a second chance. I have a few MCCC controls to tweak, but we’re basically back in action.

Neighborhood Stories was busy in Sulani while I was working on the game and before I got it customized. Lia unfortunately died, and Nalani Mahi’ai’s mother moved to Strangerville. She is also a mermaid. I hope the realtor got her a house with a nice pool.

The game was a bit faster than I was on several counts. Before I could stick enough Spellcasters in the game to keep it from pulling played sims to the Realm, Oberon showed up in a completely out-of-character situational outfit of shorts, UGGs, and a cropped tank top. We’re talking about that dashing guy in my avatar. In a crop top! With Uggs! He was only ever a Spellcaster so he could learn alchemy, but he does not know or cast spells. Ever. And, prior to this, he had never been taken by the game to The Magic Realm. On top of that, now he’s riding a broom! Needless to say, I made it a priority to add some Spellcaster townies, lock out situational outfits, and cheat that hidden broom trait right out.

I would have taken some screenshots, but I was too much in shock.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    @cyncie :joy: I'm just imagining Oberon in a crop top and Uggs. Too bad you didn't get pictures!

I'm sorry you had to go through all that because of that weird world glitch. But I'm glad you got it all back up and working.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    edited June 2022
    Another visit to the Ngata household and to my delight, a birthday happened!

t1hfsjh.png

Tane Ngata is now a teen! A teen whos a loner nerd! He nurses his dream of becoming an astronaut, and has the Nerd Brain aspiration to boot to go alongside it, but is quickly becoming quite an emotional wreck with all the negative moodlets. Sidenote, I do find it quite annoying that if I want to attempt to go for a negative character value, I gotta actively grind meltdowns. Alas and alack.

But basically how I'm playing it is that with teendom, he notices his mothers...don't really pay attention to him much at all. Oliana just finished off her Soulmate aspiration and her and Leila are now tighter than ever and extremely close. While Leila also finished off her painting aspiration! I even managed to make her a two-star celeberity in the process! But well, both haven't left much time for Tane and that shows.

Also, he's lonely! He's friends with Duane but that's because they are literally the only teens in the island. I also noticed that he somehow made an aquatience of my very romantic teen-hearthrob vampire which...good luck Tane. But most importantly to him personally is that he made the aquatience of Jeb Harris in school. And I do like the idea of those two being friends.

As for the mothers, well, as mentioned, they are closer than ever and both are becoming slightly famous for their career opportunities. And now both finished an aspiration! Both have picked up the local Beach Life aspiration, which for Leila, is more of an excuse to get out and explore and exist within the neighborhood while Oliana needs it to begin to change her trait from Jealous into something else. Might leave it, or might decide to add another aspiration in order to remove it. The big thing is getting that trait reward of never getting tense again which is SUPER powerful.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited June 2022
    saijTP1.png
    Lux discovered that Lou was her fated mate. She is ecstatic. He's wondering if it would be a good idea to steal her wallet.
    OOBqRQL.png
    Lou is pondering the mysteries of becoming a father. Rory proudly looks on, but is a little worried about nurturing this newest pack member. Can she be the pack leader she wanted Kristopher to be?
    cyncie wrote: »
    Some update notes. I’ve finally got my game reset and ready to play again. All essential mods and cc are back in and working. I have no errors or glitches. Sims are in their correct places and relationships have been restored. My worlds are set up the way I want them and the townies are getting a second chance. I have a few MCCC controls to tweak, but we’re basically back in action.

Neighborhood Stories was busy in Sulani while I was working on the game and before I got it customized. Lia unfortunately died, and Nalani Mahi’ai’s mother moved to Strangerville. She is also a mermaid. I hope the realtor got her a house with a nice pool.

The game was a bit faster than I was on several counts. Before I could stick enough Spellcasters in the game to keep it from pulling played sims to the Realm, Oberon showed up in a completely out-of-character situational outfit of shorts, UGGs, and a cropped tank top. We’re talking about that dashing guy in my avatar. In a crop top! With Uggs! He was only ever a Spellcaster so he could learn alchemy, but he does not know or cast spells. Ever. And, prior to this, he had never been taken by the game to The Magic Realm. On top of that, now he’s riding a broom! Needless to say, I made it a priority to add some Spellcaster townies, lock out situational outfits, and cheat that hidden broom trait right out.

I would have taken some screenshots, but I was too much in shock.

I, too, got a bit of a surprise, that I cannot blame NS for. I have a physician in my game. He showed up, as per my recent posts, at the hospital when his sister-in-law was set to give birth. I had mixed feelings about this, but went ahead and let it play out. I've also had the game put interesting Sims for Entertainers at PBP Studios. And sometimes, the game pulls one of MY Sims to be the Host at the Accolades Show. :open_mouth: So odd that it doesn't rely strictly on game-generated NPCs for that. I give my Sims jobs/careers. Entertainer isn't one of them.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    edited June 2022
    @GlacierSnow Thanks. I was in such a hurry to change that abominable outfit that I didn’t think about a screenshot until later.

@GalacticGal Yeah, I don’t understand why it will generate NPCs sometimes and pull sims others, but it can be jarring. Sometimes I laugh and get a screenshot, though. Like this one.

K9lzrk0.png

I never could decide if Vlad’s financial situation had changed, or if he’s always harbored a secret desire to be a night club entertainer. And how he found a matching NPC singer is anyones guess.
  • lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    edited June 2022
    So I've realized that I've been posting on the story-heavy "What Happened In Your Game Today" thread, and I don't believe my sim updates are to that level, so I'll post my updates in here!

Update: I'm starting out in this thread with quite a good update because my sim, Wade Holden, just aged up into an adult!

yDpvVX2.png

Wade is pretty low-key, so celebrating his birthday going out to dinner with his family in Brindleton Bay was a perfect fit.
    Post edited by lemonella on
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Neighbourhood Stories giving me giggles yet again...
    I checked on some families and discovered that the Bailey-Moons now had 4 extra kids! Orange is now joined by Mathias, Blanca, London and....... *drumroll*
    Ceiling!! :D

If you thought Orange was the dumbest celebrity kid name then NS is here to prove you wrong!! (I shall have to play the family now to see what little Ceiling gets up to in life!!LOL).
  • crimsonnclover324crimsonnclover324 Posts: 73 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    Ceiling!! :D

Wow... I've had some runaway NS changes in my save game too, but nothing THAT off the wall... yet. ;)
    OriginID: crimsonclover324
    YachD4h.png
  • MsDSweetsMsDSweets Posts: 86 Member
    Adrian & MsDee - It's the Third Trimester.
    52166915374_c1171bb44c_k.jpg
    52166678696_579747fd16_k.jpg
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited June 2022
    Laenor had to fire his chief and one of the waitresses, because the chief kept smoking herbs at work and the waitress, being squemish, was constantly complaining about having to clean dirty dishes. Because of this mess, he was forced to cancel his love day plans. It's so hard to find good employees these days.
    Next, Laenor hired one of his daughters, which proved to be a mistake, since she was only interested in hanging out with her father instead of doing her work. So she was sent packing after a day and I moved her in with her mother to have her raise her step- and half-siblings her mom has been happy to neglect (literally, the only care the babies ever recieve is one done by visitors, while their mom pretends they don't exist. I doubt she would even notice if they were taken away by social services)
    Update: Though I didn't think anything notable would happen any time soon, the Holden's gained a new family member <3

Meet Nemo! This little man is aloof, lazy, clever and very photogenic.

FeacifJ.png

He's a perfect addition to the family, but it didn't start out that way...
    Captain tried to play with Nemo the day he came home, but that wasn't going to fly the little one. Poor Captain!Sslr3ee.png
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    Started a supernatural save just for the heck of it. My sim Gabriella (a spellcaster) started dating a werewolf (was named Cody but I renamed him Orion). They had quadruplets, Athena, Ares, Artemis and Apollo. Ares and Apollo are werewolves like their dad while Athena and Artemis are spellcasters like their mom. Shortly after, Gabby was pregnant again, this time with twins. Both girls, Calliope and Thalia, are werewolves. So now I have a house of 5 werewolves and 3 spellcasters. Send help.
    Wish there was an interraction where you can discipline your adult children when they are being bad
    Wish there was an interraction where you can discipline your adult children when they are being bad

That doesn't stop me in RL, but their actions really have to be egregious before I step in.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    I don't know how many of you ever watched the Michael Keaton movie Mr. Mom, but there was a scene where the baby eats some pork and beans. When I saw this with little Evie that was the first image that came to mind. Mom and dad are sound asleep in the yard when Evie got out of bed and decided she wanted to eat, now! Resourceful tyke that she is, she grabbed a bowl of franks and beans mom left out on the counter before nap time. She climbed into the chair all by herself like a big girl and had supper. If sim life imitates art mom and dad are in for some fun times shortly.

7z9JeSv.png?1

That doesn't stop me in RL, but their actions really have to be egregious before I step in.

Is insulting each other over nothing bad enough?
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I was too late to help him, but Ben Cole was killed by the meteor! I was focused on another household member, getting ready to switch households, when I got those notifications. Sadly he couldn't be saved, and his wife is pregnant with their third child, due to give birth soon!

52172025271_c997f73944_h.jpg
    52172024976_7957d11d55_h.jpg
    52172505970_3fef343bb6_h.jpg
    52172271489_017670af15_h.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    Update: Kicking off Summer Break B)

The Holden's went to the Tropical Paradise Water Park to celebrate the start of summer!
    PIqPWnI.png

Then they stopped at Sundae Funday for some ice cream just before the sun set for the evening.
    16pFa2D.png

Happy Summer, and Happy Simming :)
  • OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    edited June 2022
    I wish I'd thought to take screenshots, but I didn't realize anything was going on at the time. Coming back after about a 2 year break I made an alien scientist. I love the scientist Get to Work job, and also wanted to open a shop selling what items and serums I could from the science career so my other future sims will have a place to buy them.

During one workday I see the prompt to upgrade the cloning machine to be able to clone sims. I'd forgotten all about that, so I hurriedly did that. After doing so I got the prompt to clone a sim. Clicking on the cloning machine to clone sims, my sim is presented with a list of sims. For whatever reason Katrina Caliente (actually Katrina Sullivan), is at the top of the list so I clicked on her ..... and nothing happened, the menu just closed out. So I opened up the menu again and clicked on her name once more, and again nothing. Thinking the game was bugged, I ignored it and went about doing other tasks. A few minutes later Katrina shows up (of course she had to travel there, brain fart on my part lol), and stands on the machine making a clone. Ok cool, my sim goes up to the clone and starts flirting when I see Katrina step back onto the cloning machine and make a second clone. Of course! I'd hit the button twice thinking it wasn't working, You have no idea how close I was to just hitting the clone button a ton of times to see if it eventually worked :D

So now my sim is standing in a room with 3 identical looking Katrinas (one clone turned out to be evil). My sim having completed the serial romantic aspiration is now flirting with all 3 and I'm kind of chuckling thinking about how crowded their house is going to be. Wait .... why do I keep getting messages about the clones gaining levels?!? That's when I realized that the clones were part of my household lol. My small one bedroom house that is.

Well my sim is not ready to settle down yet and he (and me) considered several options before finally doing what I believe was probably the right thing. Luckily my sim had a garden for making serums, and even though he didn't have a lot of simoleons, he had a lot of produce to sell. In the end he came away with 58k total in simoleons, not a lot, but enough to give the two clones 30k and have them move out. So after building the house and playing them just long enough to get jobs and make sure the house would work out I decided to have them all stay exactly the same, clothing and all. So it does get kind of confusing, because every time I see Katrina run by (she jogs a lot), there is a 2 in 3 chance it is actually one of her clones. But it was very close thing to having 8 Katrinas running around in my playthough :D
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    I was trying out a theory on something related to using the Lunar Howl. As I was retrying the howl with Ava, in the background I noticed Lou was having an issue with a flaming grill and setting the patio on fire. I couldn't pay a lot of attention to that as it was happening because I was there on far more important business. When that business was done I noticed Lou was standing not far from Ava and he was holding Evie with a wild eyed look on his face. Now mind you the fire is out at this point, but Ava and Evie's anchor in the troubled seas of life is standing there with a wild eyed look of terror on his face, like the house was still on fire. This look in fact...
    p0trmrj.png?1

"Oh crap! Ava's going to kill me!"
    yIEuVdy.jpg?1

Meanwhile, Lou is holding Evie in his arms and she's giving him the stink eye...
    "Gee thanks dad. I was being a good girl, minding my own business dancing until you tried to burn our house down"
    VUUmx2v.jpg?1

Ava is already on the verge of a rampage after her howl, and she's standing back and watching...
    "I gave you one simple task, Lou. Look after our daughter and you managed to screw that up somehow."
    WkYRFwK.jpg?1

I have had such a good laugh putting this together. That's why it's taken me a half hour or more, I can't stop laughing. All of that going on simultaneously. Oh god that was too funny....
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    @OriginalName Wow! So how long do the clones from the cloning machine stick around? Is it like the spellcaster clones where they last a few hours or?
    gen3-banner.png
  • OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    @OriginalName Wow! So how long do the clones from the cloning machine stick around? Is it like the spellcaster clones where they last a few hours or?

Seems to be permanent. I'm thinking now of making a mad scientist who clones himself (or herself maybe) 7 times and just has a household full of identical looking sims. But I just now worked through the science job and don't feel like doing it again so soon. That and I really don't have any story ideas or inspiration for a house full of the same sims.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top