Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    duriankind wrote: »
    Figured I'd pop in and give a quick "hello" since I've been posting a bit already! My name is Rachel, I've been playing the sims since the very beginning and used to frequent all sorts of sims discussion forums about 16-17 years ago (dang putting it that way sure makes me feel like such an old lady!) It's been awhile since I've been on a formal forum like this; however, I normally lurk around the sims subreddits a lot. Apparently I've had this account since 2020 but just started using it today with all the hype for the new werewolf pack. I'm having a great time with it so far and got an itch to share that enjoyment with others. Outside of that, I think I have the most fun with family/generational gameplay and building, which has been a great creative outlet for me.

I look forward to chatting with everyone and browsing around a bit more. :)

Hello @duriankind :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and happy hours over the time playing in live mode, creating sims and building homes for them to live it or venues for them to visit. Simming is fun!
    It is great that you are enjoying the werewolves pack :)
    Simming is a great way to express our creativity through the game!
    Happy simming! :)
  • duriankindduriankind Posts: 62 Member
    @Renée09 Hi Renée, it's a pleasure to meet you as well, thanks for taking the time to respond. :) Honestly, even with its flaws I still think I've had the most fun with the Sims 4 than any of the other installments, not a bad game to be introduced to the franchise with at all! If you do get a chance to check out any of the previous games I'd definitely recommend Sims 2, that one had so much personality, a lot of the core lore from the series, fun gameplay, and a banging soundtrack, lol.

@rosemow Thank you as well for the warm welcome! For sure, the series has come a long way over the years! I was always more of a gameplay person with the other three games, but with Sims 4 I've started building a lot more and creating sims, I'm having a lot of fun! :)
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
    check out my gallery page
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
    duriankind wrote: »
    @Renée09 Hi Renée, it's a pleasure to meet you as well, thanks for taking the time to respond. :) Honestly, even with its flaws I still think I've had the most fun with the Sims 4 than any of the other installments, not a bad game to be introduced to the franchise with at all! If you do get a chance to check out any of the previous games I'd definitely recommend Sims 2, that one had so much personality, a lot of the core lore from the series, fun gameplay, and a banging soundtrack, lol.

@rosemow Thank you as well for the warm welcome! For sure, the series has come a long way over the years! I was always more of a gameplay person with the other three games, but with Sims 4 I've started building a lot more and creating sims, I'm having a lot of fun! :)

You’re welcome :)
  • SirianaSimsSirianaSims Posts: 176 Member
    Hello :) I've been playing The Sims since the year 2000, at the age of 15, when I randomly saw The Sims 1 for sale in a Blockbuster. I ran home and asked my mother for permission to buy it, as it was rather expensive, and she said yes, so I ran back. I went on to own every single expansion pack for both Sims 1 and Sims 2, and played Sims 2 extensively, where I also began reading other people's stories and legacy challenges, especially the famous first Uglacy and a few others. I was never brave enough to write my own, though, even though I wanted to.

I also played Sims 3, but for some reason it never grabbed me the same way the first two did, and I think I gave up a few expansions in. The open worlds lagged on my computer and the Sims themselves all suffered a bit from "puddingface" and looked too similar to me :neutral:

When Sims 4 came out, I had to buy it, but I was initially disappointed by the lack of toddlers and pools and the game seemed a bit bare, so I didn't play much, but as the patches and expansions came out, I obviously became obsessed once again and I now own everything but a few kits, and I've finally started writing my first Sims blog, a sort of legacy challenge, at https://sirianasims.wordpress.com/chapters/

I haven't been an active part of the official forums since the old Sims 1 bulletin boards, so it's about time I get back into this :smiley:
    generation5julia.png
  • Sol_RisingSol_Rising Posts: 20 Member
    Hi, my name is Alex and I'm a very imaginative person. So much so that the Sims became a great place to utilize my vibrant imagination. I wouldn't say I'm a old-school simmer like most people I've seen here, but I have played the Sims 2 on GameCube 12 years ago and really enjoyed the fact that a player could walk around freely without having to click on the ground at all. It is something I miss deeply.

Anyhow, interesting story here. The Sims 4 had a significant part in turning my life around after graduating college two years ago. You see, I have ADHD, that at the time, knew little about and refused to try and improve at all. But when I played the Sims 4 for the first time on the PC, it practically showed me how screwed up I was and even made me realize how important college is thanks to that University DLC. It really is all about reflection. I know families in the game are obviously fake, but it was a household in the game that convinced me that if I want a family of my own years from now, I need to wake up and change. For the past two years, I've been constantly improving myself in all aspects of my life and have been doing so well in college it's quite amazing compared to like, 7 years ago in regular schooling . I actually wrote two papers for an assignment in college that centered mostly about what I've spoken about, and a constructive argument in regard to EA and the Sims Series.

It is my sincere hope that somebody sees this and understands that, believe it or not, the Sims can have a major impact on somebody for the greater good. I can say in good faith that I'm one of those people who were impacted by this life-changing game and for that, I'll forever be grateful for the path that this game opened up for me.
    Played TS2, TS3, and obviously TS4. Systems I played the Sims on are GameCube, Xbox 360/One, PS3/4, and now primarily the PC.
    fRPtyvE.png
    The picture is from my ROBLOX game. Yep, I'm a ROBLOX developer and proud to be one.
  • Sol_RisingSol_Rising Posts: 20 Member
    > @SirianaSims said:
    > Hello :) I've been playing The Sims since the year 2000, at the age of 15, when I randomly saw The Sims 1 for sale in a Blockbuster. I ran home and asked my mother for permission to buy it, as it was rather expensive, and she said yes, so I ran back. I went on to own every single expansion pack for both Sims 1 and Sims 2, and played Sims 2 extensively, where I also began reading other people's stories and legacy challenges, especially the famous first Uglacy and a few others. I was never brave enough to write my own, though, even though I wanted to.
    >
    > I also played Sims 3, but for some reason it never grabbed me the same way the first two did, and I think I gave up a few expansions in. The open worlds lagged on my computer and the Sims themselves all suffered a bit from "puddingface" and looked too similar to me :neutral:
    >
    > When Sims 4 came out, I had to buy it, but I was initially disappointed by the lack of toddlers and pools and the game seemed a bit bare, so I didn't play much, but as the patches and expansions came out, I obviously became obsessed once again and I now own everything but a few kits, and I've finally started writing my first Sims blog, a sort of legacy challenge, at https://sirianasims.wordpress.com/chapters/
    >
    > I haven't been an active part of the official forums since the old Sims 1 bulletin boards, so it's about time I get back into this :smiley:

Hey Siriana, it is nice to meet you. I'm also new on the forum.

I just wanted to say that I checked out your blog and have been reading Chapter 1 of your legacy and had a good laugh. What makes the Sims 4 so funny most of the time is when the sims do the most stupidest things and sometimes even questionable, such as two sims looking at a brick pillar because you know, why not?

Please continue with your blogging because your content is quite entertaining.
    Played TS2, TS3, and obviously TS4. Systems I played the Sims on are GameCube, Xbox 360/One, PS3/4, and now primarily the PC.
    fRPtyvE.png
    The picture is from my ROBLOX game. Yep, I'm a ROBLOX developer and proud to be one.
    Hello :) I've been playing The Sims since the year 2000, at the age of 15, when I randomly saw The Sims 1 for sale in a Blockbuster. I ran home and asked my mother for permission to buy it, as it was rather expensive, and she said yes, so I ran back. I went on to own every single expansion pack for both Sims 1 and Sims 2, and played Sims 2 extensively, where I also began reading other people's stories and legacy challenges, especially the famous first Uglacy and a few others. I was never brave enough to write my own, though, even though I wanted to.

I also played Sims 3, but for some reason it never grabbed me the same way the first two did, and I think I gave up a few expansions in. The open worlds lagged on my computer and the Sims themselves all suffered a bit from "puddingface" and looked too similar to me :neutral:

When Sims 4 came out, I had to buy it, but I was initially disappointed by the lack of toddlers and pools and the game seemed a bit bare, so I didn't play much, but as the patches and expansions came out, I obviously became obsessed once again and I now own everything but a few kits, and I've finally started writing my first Sims blog, a sort of legacy challenge, at https://sirianasims.wordpress.com/chapters/

I haven't been an active part of the official forums since the old Sims 1 bulletin boards, so it's about time I get back into this :smiley:

Hello @SirianaSims :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have simming since the original Sims 1 and have played each of the versions. It is very nice that you own nearly all of the Sims 4 packs. Packs add many fun and enjoyable activities, themes, worlds and items to the game.
    It is great that you now have a simming blog! :) Simmers will enjoy reading about your sims and what is happening in your game.
    Sol_Rising wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Alex and I'm a very imaginative person. So much so that the Sims became a great place to utilize my vibrant imagination. I wouldn't say I'm a old-school simmer like most people I've seen here, but I have played the Sims 2 on GameCube 12 years ago and really enjoyed the fact that a player could walk around freely without having to click on the ground at all. It is something I miss deeply.

Anyhow, interesting story here. The Sims 4 had a significant part in turning my life around after graduating college two years ago. You see, I have ADHD, that at the time, knew little about and refused to try and improve at all. But when I played the Sims 4 for the first time on the PC, it practically showed me how screwed up I was and even made me realize how important college is thanks to that University DLC. It really is all about reflection. I know families in the game are obviously fake, but it was a household in the game that convinced me that if I want a family of my own years from now, I need to wake up and change. For the past two years, I've been constantly improving myself in all aspects of my life and have been doing so well in college it's quite amazing compared to like, 7 years ago in regular schooling . I actually wrote two papers for an assignment in college that centered mostly about what I've spoken about, and a constructive argument in regard to EA and the Sims Series.

It is my sincere hope that somebody sees this and understands that, believe it or not, the Sims can have a major impact on somebody for the greater good. I can say in good faith that I'm one of those people who were impacted by this life-changing game and for that, I'll forever be grateful for the path that this game opened up for me.

Hello @Sol_Rising :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very great that Simming has been a big help for you in your life and an important part in encouraging you to turn your life around and make changes. What you wrote is very encouraging to read :) It is lovely to read that simming has made a very beneficial impact on your real life.
    Happy simming and may your future hold many special times for you :)
  • SirianaSimsSirianaSims Posts: 176 Member
    > @Sol_Rising said:
    > Hey Siriana, it is nice to meet you. I'm also new on the forum.
    >
    > I just wanted to say that I checked out your blog and have been reading Chapter 1 of your legacy and had a good laugh. What makes the Sims 4 so funny most of the time is when the sims do the most stupidest things and sometimes even questionable, such as two sims looking at a brick pillar because you know, why not?
    >
    > Please continue with your blogging because your content is quite entertaining.

Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've just finished my exams so I can finally get back to writing, it has been a few weeks since my latest chapter :)
    generation5julia.png
  • BlueBananaSimsBlueBananaSims Posts: 51 Member
    Hi! I'm Jett, and I've been playing Sims since the very beginning! Can't wait to share my creations with you all, it's gonna be amazing and fun!
    Hi! I'm Jett, and I've been playing Sims since the very beginning! Can't wait to share my creations with you all, it's gonna be amazing and fun!

Hello @BlueBananaSims :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have enjoyed creating many households and building a variety of homes and venues over the years. Simming is a great way of expressing our creativity, and is fun and enjoyable too!
  • G_SaDiabloG_SaDiablo Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi, all! My name's Gen (or SaDi). :)

I had the complete Sims 1 collection, missed out on Sims 2, then got interested in Sims 3 when a friend started posting screenshots of her game on twitter. Mostly I like building and making Sims of my favorite book characters. Right now I'm looking for people to SimPort with so that's why I joined -- I'm one of those solo gamers that don't use social features much (lol).

Nice to meet you!
    G_SaDiablo wrote: »
    Hi, all! My name's Gen (or SaDi). :)

I had the complete Sims 1 collection, missed out on Sims 2, then got interested in Sims 3 when a friend started posting screenshots of her game on twitter. Mostly I like building and making Sims of my favorite book characters. Right now I'm looking for people to SimPort with so that's why I joined -- I'm one of those solo gamers that don't use social features much (lol).

Nice to meet you!

Hello @G_SaDiablo :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you started simming by playing the original Sims 1, then started Sims 3 simming when you saw your friends screenshots. Building is a very enjoyable part of the game! It is a great way of expressing our creativity, and is fun to see our sims living in the homes that we build and furnish for them.
    I hope that your sims will go well when they SimPort.
    Happy simmming! :)
  • G_SaDiabloG_SaDiablo Posts: 3 New Member
    Thank you for the welcome, @rosemow !
  • AdamBurtSimsAdamBurtSims Posts: 37 Member
    Hi, I'm Adam
    I'm new to all this. I did join last year but didn't spend time here. Cos I was frusrated with this rule like posting old topic. I did it in other forum, I didn't know it cause a problem here. I was annoyed and didn't feel this is the forum for me. But decide to come back. I need to learn abit. Also rules, I didn't read it but I know not to be nasty and rude or anything bad, but didn't think posing on outdated topics is one of them.

I started playing The Sims 4 last year, and got hooked. Never played other games (which I will later). The Sims 4 become of my favourite games, I mostly played as one sim which me, had many girlfrinds (tell how many later), five wifes and many childrens (tell how many later). I love them all specially Bella, Liberty (my sim wife), Summer, Pleasant sisters, Behr Sisters & Spener Walker (from Image Gallery). When I see a beautiful female sim I want to date them. Almost to finish, meet other childrens I haven't met yet as they glown from toddler. So I can play other games. But I do love the sims. Even it frusrated me at time but it a fun game and made me happy.

I like many things but there too many to list, as well things I dislike. I part many forums and I join here cos I like The Sims. Try find good topic to join. Hope you understand what I'm posing.
    I'm a British Geek who love Bella Goth, Behr sisters, Liberty Lee, Summer Holidays, Pleasant sisters and other Sims wafius/girlfriends. And like his Sims cats.g8pvk4adgueh.jpg
    Hi, I'm Adam
    I'm new to all this. I did join last year but didn't spend time here. Cos I was frusrated with this rule like posting old topic. I did it in other forum, I didn't know it cause a problem here. I was annoyed and didn't feel this is the forum for me. But decide to come back. I need to learn abit. Also rules, I didn't read it but I know not to be nasty and rude or anything bad, but didn't think posing on outdated topics is one of them.

I started playing The Sims 4 last year, and got hooked. Never played other games (which I will later). The Sims 4 become of my favourite games, I mostly played as one sim which me, had many girlfrinds (tell how many later), five wifes and many childrens (tell how many later). I love them all specially Bella, Liberty (my sim wife), Summer, Pleasant sisters, Behr Sisters & Spener Walker (from Image Gallery). When I see a beautiful female sim I want to date them. Almost to finish, meet other childrens I haven't met yet as they glown from toddler. So I can play other games. But I do love the sims. Even it frusrated me at time but it a fun game and made me happy.

I like many things but there too many to list, as well things I dislike. I part many forums and I join here cos I like The Sims. Try find good topic to join. Hope you understand what I'm posing.

Hello @AdamBurtSims :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is very nice that you started simming by playing Sims 4, and are enjoying playing it. It is a fun game with many great features.
  • zucchinionpizzazucchinionpizza Posts: 98 Member
    Hello, I'm Zucchini. I recently got a gamepass subscription and got access to Sims 3 and 4. I remember Sims 3 very fondly and was looking forward to play it again as the gamepass version is supposed to come with Late Night, an EP that I've never tried. Apparently, EA desktop doesn't support Sims 3 DLCs so I was dissappointed..

Then I decided to try 4 instead cause I heard building in 4 is easier than in 2 and 3. Building in The Sims has always felt like a daunting task for me and I don't think I even finished one house in Sims 3. Within a week of playing Sims 4, I've finished 10 furnished lots and now I'm addicted to building lmao. Feel free to check out my gallery ID zucchinionpizza.

So yeah looking forward to talk about this franchise with you guys here until my game pass sub ends.
    Check out my gallery (ID : zucchinionpizza) for base game builds ♥

Hello, I'm Zucchini. I recently got a gamepass subscription and got access to Sims 3 and 4. I remember Sims 3 very fondly and was looking forward to play it again as the gamepass version is supposed to come with Late Night, an EP that I've never tried. Apparently, EA desktop doesn't support Sims 3 DLCs so I was dissappointed..

Then I decided to try 4 instead cause I heard building in 4 is easier than in 2 and 3. Building in The Sims has always felt like a daunting task for me and I don't think I even finished one house in Sims 3. Within a week of playing Sims 4, I've finished 10 furnished lots and now I'm addicted to building lmao. Feel free to check out my gallery ID zucchinionpizza.

So yeah looking forward to talk about this franchise with you guys here until my game pass sub ends.

Hello @zucchinionpizza :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you are enjoying building in Sims 4. Building is a fun and enjoyable part of simming and a great way of expressing our creativity through the game! It is great that you have designed and furnished 10 homes since starting Sims 4 simming a week ago!
  • zucchinionpizzazucchinionpizza Posts: 98 Member
    Thank you for the warm welcome @rosemow
    Check out my gallery (ID : zucchinionpizza) for base game builds ♥

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top