Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kind of content do you prefer ?

2...Next

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Expansion Pack
    Not to be mean or picky, but how about a pack of whatever type that actually works properly right out of the 'box'?
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Game Pack
    Any pack that has content that isn't self-contained is great. Realm of Magic and Vampires? Amazing. Snowy Escape and Island Living? Ehhh....?
    A1hnP0t.png
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Store
    I know this isn't popular but I actually LOVE The Sims 3 Store! It has SO MANY nice things! The team that worked on that did an amazing job!
  • TawkTawk Posts: 23 Member
    Free content
    I prefer free content the best!
    However, there isn't much of that.
    So, I prefer the larger packs that give the most for their price.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Expansion Pack
    Sims 3-styled Expansion Packs (with the way it did multiple occults/added occults), but Sims 4 Game Packs are great as well.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    Expansion Pack
    I prefer Expansion Packs, but they have to be fully featured ones. TS4's Expansion Packs are just sad (and broken).
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Store
    I prefer more frequent releases.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Expansion Pack
    The majority of my favorite packs are expansion packs.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    Free content
    i already paid more than enough for this half finished game and EA can pay their executives millions upon millions in bonusses even though they don't deserve it so they make more than enough money to give us the quality full game we have already paid excessive amount for for for free
  • beckyx1991beckyx1991 Posts: 19 Member
    Expansion Pack
    I'd have always voted expansion packs, more money = more content. But the werewolves game pack has been outstanding, so I'm possibly leaning more towards game packs now.
  • zucchinionpizzazucchinionpizza Posts: 98 Member
    Expansion Pack
    EPs definitely adds the most. It's hard for me to care about stuff packs when CC exists.
    Check out my gallery (ID : zucchinionpizza) for base game builds ♥

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2022
    Expansion Pack
    I forgot what I voted but I would say gamepacks. I love when they focus on one theme only.
    But I love all packs overall.

Okay I voted expansion pack but I'm changing it to game pack. Most of my most used packs are gamepacks.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited July 2022
    Game Pack
    If packs were meals

Expansion Pack would be an appetizer (Good but doesn't fill my stomach, I'm still hungry)
    Game Pack would be the main course
    Stuff Pack would be the dessert
    Kit would be the drink

GP12 Werewolves is complete and EP12 High School Years is a quick preview.
  • pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 59 Member
    Free content
    Free updates - in my opinion, that's what the content starting to equate to. If The Sims continues paywalling what could have made excellent free updates, then I'd choose game packs. They seldom update packs, but I could see them make more of an effort to improve upon these features if they were part of the base game than as a pack.

High School Years and My Wedding Stories could have largely been free updates released alongside CAS/build kits. I fail to see how these packs live up to the "expansion pack" and "game pack" names, respectively. Werewolves is the exception here - my experience with it was actually decent (i.e. I felt it constituted a game pack) and I honestly think that despite it being a game pack, it makes a better expansion pack than most expansion packs! Expansion packs should die a good death; they're not delivering enough for how much they're asking for them anymore.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited August 2022
    Expansion Pack
    I also can't really answer as the bugs make it not fun for me anymore.

Here's the answer I would have once it's fixed.
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    Expansion Pack
    @LeGardePourpre The expansion packs are the best.... they add more content, more cas and build items and a new world with some new sim families and townies. And also, the cas and build items are usually higher quality than the cheaper stuff packs, etc.