Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fuctional business in home - No mods/CC

I want to make a family with their own business in home but I wonder what I can do. I want to keep my family in home and let them to invite the customers but I have only an idea to make a photo studio. Unfortunately any bar, restaurant or shop is impossible to run from home so due to that I'm looking for any alternatives. Do you have any ideas?

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    You can run a shop with the sales table. Also I think you can do yoga classes and spa manicures at home too. With the cupcake factory you can sell the cupcakes to the local bakery.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited June 2022
    If you use the sales table indoor from home, make sure the entrance is an arch and not a door.

Backyard sales are perfect to combine with most other home business ideas as they last just a few hours and you can sell either home crafted stuff, collected stuff or something from the BB catalog that adds to your sim's business concept.

Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    In my non-seasons installation, I have my sims take up farming. Once the dragon fruit kick in the revenue gets quite impressive as I have a minimum of 10 plants producing.
  • Garfieldwxg55Garfieldwxg55 Posts: 76 Member
    If you have the Get to Work pack, and a scientist, you can also clone valuable objects using the Cloning Machine and sell them
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    As @crocobaura and @Simmerville said, the sales table is a great option. I've had sims sell lemonade, fizzy juice, harvestables, etc that way.

Also, if you have Nifty Knitting, you can have them have an online business. I'm not sure everything you can sell because I have a mod for more things to be sold on Plopsy.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    You can also put small things on plopsy that you make, like knitting, woodwork, and I think embroidery, candles, etc, I’m not sure about paintings, but that may work too. I think you have to have the Nifty knitting stuff pack for plopsy. You can get sales tables with city living, eco living, and jungle adventure.
  • mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
    You could also build an addition to the house in the backyard like a wooden shack. Or use the garage for this purpose. And there you can put one or two woodworking tables. Your Sim can craft all kinds of wooden furniture and sell them.
    You can decorate the room with wood and logs from the live edit objects menue, so that it looks like someone is working there daily.
    And with the new werewolves pack you can make it look like you're Sim is some kind of a lumberjack who cuts his own trees to get the wood. *hums the monthy python song* :D

I did that once and it was a lot of fun. When the kids become teenagers, they can help out and learn the family business. :)
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    I want to make a family with their own business in home but I wonder what I can do. I want to keep my family in home and let them to invite the customers but I have only an idea to make a photo studio. Unfortunately any bar, restaurant or shop is impossible to run from home so due to that I'm looking for any alternatives. Do you have any ideas?

I've had a writer, an artist, and a bakery (they lived upstairs from it)