Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your Merfolk doing today?

Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
I thought I would create this thread as a variant of “What happened in Your Game Today?”

Serial and non-serial updates are welcome, but I know that merfolk are in other people’s games. Are they vendors? Are they playing the Violin or Guitar just because? What do you see your merfolk doing while playing another household in Rotation?

While I’m telling my story, I often check on my merfolk as they wander through the neighborhood.

Tip: The Merfolk don’t have to be your played household and they can even be a premade townie!

My Only Rule: Keep the updates focused on merfolk!

Comments

• Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    I will be sharing a few things I’ve seen my reef merfolk do around Sulani and other worlds later!
    I know that some of my merfolk that I uploaded to the Gallery have been downloaded, I’d love to see what they are doing in your game!
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    My current merman Koa, in search of his soulmate, just won the Bachelorette challenge. It was an "occult" version though the Bachelorette and one bachelor were human. Koa and Adley both fell deeply in love while on their first date and he managed to survive the insanity of the housemates and challenges to get his girl.

They're currently deciding on where they'll live, careers and so much more. It's just the beginning for Koa. I'll have to update his adventures and if they truly were soul mates (though I tend to think so in this case)
  • LarrikatevenLarrikateven Posts: 99 Member
    My merman Kazumi has been busy recently. His mother, a mermaid, died. A few days later, Kazumi aged up to young adult and reached the top of celebrity levels (he's a singer and guitar player, though he enjoys hanging out at the karaoke bars as well).

Kazumi decided to move out of his mother's house in Newcrest (it didn't reflect his decorating tastes at all). He now lives in a small apartment in the city and when he has free time, he is exploring Sulani and learning the underwater photography skill.

Eventually he'll probably move to a larger home and start hosting a bunch of parties. He's a very social Sim, so I've enjoyed using him to explore some of the aspects of the game that I don't use much.
    edited June 2022
    wahini2024 wrote: »
    My current merman Koa, in search of his soulmate, just won the Bachelorette challenge. It was an "occult" version though the Bachelorette and one bachelor were human. Koa and Adley both fell deeply in love while on their first date and he managed to survive the insanity of the housemates and challenges to get his girl.

They're currently deciding on where they'll live, careers and so much more. It's just the beginning for Koa. I'll have to update his adventures and if they truly were soul mates (though I tend to think so in this case)

@wahini2024

I’ve found that merfolk can build romance crazy fast. I secured Juniper’s Girlfriend in a few sim hours. A Mermaid’s Kiss followed by a Charmer’s Lullaby and then they were boyfriend and girlfriend.

I look forward to more updates!
    My merman Kazumi has been busy recently. His mother, a mermaid, died. A few days later, Kazumi aged up to young adult and reached the top of celebrity levels (he's a singer and guitar player, though he enjoys hanging out at the karaoke bars as well).

Kazumi decided to move out of his mother's house in Newcrest (it didn't reflect his decorating tastes at all). He now lives in a small apartment in the city and when he has free time, he is exploring Sulani and learning the underwater photography skill.

Eventually he'll probably move to a larger home and start hosting a bunch of parties. He's a very social Sim, so I've enjoyed using him to explore some of the aspects of the game that I don't use much.

@Larrikateven

My merfolk will autonomously go to the Karaoke Bar. I have a Karaoke Bar I made in Sulani, and I always have a dozen mermaids and mermen hanging out there.

My merman Dylan has mastered almost all the musical instruments. He builds fame crazy fast with his musical talent!

Music is in a mermaid or merman’s nature!
    This was a very old and kinda funny glitch that happened when one of my mermen aged up.
    50525741597_761887b192.jpg

It appeared in CAS too.

50525741567_7db497634e_b.jpg

Something I wish I saw more of with merfolk. I noticed that sometimes, merfolk will drift underwater while they sleep. Would love to see more of that. Wouldn't an Underwater Bed/ Pool Object be awesome! I wish time sped up while merfolk slept in the water.
    50638715897_be8470426e_b.jpg

I took a screenshot because I've never been able to do it again, but I got two Azure Dolphins to appear once!
    50771490383_0883d7fda3_b.jpg

Mermen can stil get abducted by Aliens! I guess Kemp's shouldn't have fired that retail employee.
    50691968898_d0306b9c0b_b.jpg

The Struggle to Keep Merfolk out of the Water is Real! Dylan would literally change into his swimwear and Bike to Britechester's River. He was often in the water before I could stop him.
    50777075338_d89b95483d_b.jpg

50777833081_03d2b26f11_b.jpg

50777075313_b546fcd292_h.jpg

When you're college Roommate gets a little too annoying with the passive agressive messages they leave.
    50804455288_6ec8c7835e_n.jpg

50804436918_f9b3015e8e_k.jpg

Zeph was a little too happy...

50804436898_f3cf2be6f7_k.jpg

Zeph is also an air elemental...

50805300872_676afa0eb2_c.jpg

You Can't See me if I Dip below the water. Honestly, I wish there was an interaction that alloewed merfolk to slip under the water like this! Just, not with an Umbrella.
    51096448954_746fdb8e1a_b.jpg

When you have to retireve your merman son from a Selvadorada Temple... The things merfolk parents have to do.
    51159419418_6825170ff9_h.jpg

When you run a Retail Store with Merfolk Employees in Sulani...
    51344768189_7c8169cef2_h.jpg

Ever see a Merman fight with a Fabricator!
    51436990456_60c9bbd0a7_h.jpg

51437233918_7b4978d507_h.jpg

51437232518_182266d560_h.jpg

When a Merman tries to fool a doctor...
    51488750443_439706f423_h.jpg

"You're heartbeat rate is dangerously low?!"

51488750423_e620c3d664_h.jpg

"I can see through your skull?!"

51489242884_de470f2eb1_h.jpg

"In my professional opinion, your anatomy makes no sense."

51487740982_3f518d1ac2_h.jpg

"Now, sleep while I think about what I observed."

51489242824_dafa6c2049_h.jpg

51487740932_f52b5be9d9_h.jpg

51489460325_b6ce99cf1e_h.jpg

When you give a Musical Genius a Violin, they play!
    51240944340_3fc5fd8e14_b.jpg

Eventually I reached a point where the Swimwear became every single outfit for my merfolk. The only time they aren't in swimwear is when there isn't anywhere to swim. And even then, the normal outfit for merfolk became whatever they wear in their merform.
    51274717124_e1a1fc8c98_b.jpg
    @Metior_Ice it wasn't just that he had a slightly easier time with romance, and it was a slight romance meter lead over a spell caster and werewolf, I've never seen two sims fall deeply in love on the first date. I've seen it once after about 4 dates and seen the sentiment after an engagement or wedding but never mutually on the first date.

He kinda stole the "show" from the start. He never engaged in drama... content to back float or take a bath. The sentiment lasted through the entirety of the challenge (never seen that either) and well he's just the cutest little merman I have lol. He was competing against 7 others but I mean honestly they weren't a challenge for him.

I'll have to post a picture of them
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    Funny enough I haven't played with them in a while so my current mermaid is just getting taste of the ocean in.
    U8yw36E.png
    She's delighted.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    Well,Neighborhood Stories moved Nalani Mahi’ai’s mother, Tonia, to Strangerville. I hope she found a house with a pool…
    edited June 2022
    cyncie wrote: »
    Well,Neighborhood Stories moved Nalani Mahi’ai’s mother, Tonia, to Strangerville. I hope she found a house with a pool…

@cyncie

That’s kinda hilarious!
    wahini2024 wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice it wasn't just that he had a slightly easier time with romance, and it was a slight romance meter lead over a spell caster and werewolf, I've never seen two sims fall deeply in love on the first date. I've seen it once after about 4 dates and seen the sentiment after an engagement or wedding but never mutually on the first date.

He kinda stole the "show" from the start. He never engaged in drama... content to back float or take a bath. The sentiment lasted through the entirety of the challenge (never seen that either) and well he's just the cutest little merman I have lol. He was competing against 7 others but I mean honestly they weren't a challenge for him.

I'll have to post a picture of them

@wahini2024

When it comes to romance, merfolk can easily steal the show from any occult! That’s why I usually reserve the Romance Powers for serious relationships. It’s crazy how quickly you can build that bar. My main mermen, Dylan and Zeph are so good at maintaining the romance bars with their wives. It’s crazy how good they are at that! And the sentiments are super frequent.
    Funny enough I haven't played with them in a while so my current mermaid is just getting taste of the ocean in.
    U8yw36E.png
    She's delighted.

@RedDestiny92

She looks awesome! Every mermaid and merman has their first swim sometime!

Interesting Fact: If you have Eco Living, the Geothermal Lot Trait works in Sulani Oceans. It gives merfolk a happy moodlet and prevents them from getting chilled in the water!
    @wahini2024 if things work out between your merman and his partner, have him “Like” singing and level the skill. My mermen and mermaids frequently serenade each other.
    That's pretty interesting I cannot say how many times I've just gotten into the groove of my story and just haven't looked into something. Also in keeping with your thread I don't have a pic but since her husband went the route of the wolf she's grounded while taking care of their toddler.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    edited June 2022
    That's pretty interesting I cannot say how many times I've just gotten into the groove of my story and just haven't looked into something. Also in keeping with your thread I don't have a pic but since her husband went the route of the wolf she's grounded while taking care of their toddler.

@RedDestiny92

That should be fine. There are ways to use merfolk abilities on land. If you have Spa Day, the Hydrating Mask will give your mermaid unlimited use of her powers on land.
    Post edited by Metior_Ice on
    edited June 2022
    @RedDestiny92

If you play rotation, your sims still show up and do stuff, even while your working on your next story. The spirit of this thread is to show off what your sims do when you aren’t playing them.

Stories and played updates are welcome, but sims have personality that they act on while you aren’t playing them. It’s something I noticed while doing rabbit hole dives and waiting for my merfolk to regain their energy sleeping in the water. I frequently looked around to check on my other sims while there was nothing else to do.

Edit: But I created this thread to highlight merfolk, that’s the only rule.
    Alright I'll keep an eye out for them I have noticed that Nalani is getting fairly chummy with the werewolves she loves the bar, ah yes I do notice my more cared for sims a lot when I'm not playing them that's even part of the fun of rotating.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    @RedDestiny92 I just noticed that I used the word nerf instead of merfolk abilities. Lol. Love typos.
    I started a poll to help me decide if Alexander Goth will become a merman or not.

I created two designs for him.

The First Design is what I call Reef Merfolk. More examples are in the spoiler, but most of my merfolk are very colorful in appearance like Reef Fish.

The Second Design is what I call Deep Sea Merfolk. The appearance is darker and more deadly looking, Macabre.

For my Alexander, I decided to go with the Reef Appearance.

52166707435_76e7cfb398_k.jpg

52166707425_e7a169439d_k.jpg

Most of my merfolk are Reef Fish themed. Pictures are in the spoiler:
    Dylan (The First Blue Tail Prince) and Cecelia Zalrian

52143332424_f88d4ebcdf_k.jpg

Zephyr (The Second Blue Tail Prince) and Sefina Zalrian

52142071282_cff9e3596d_k.jpg

Jack and Alen (The Pink and Green Tail Princes)

51973032557_f73af0b627_k.jpg

Aiden and Jason (The Yellow and Red Tail Princes)

51974112138_18660de0cd_k.jpg

Lir and Akira (The White and Purple Tail Princes)

The Keahloha Trips: Kai, Lano, and Tero

51973036772_eedbb8a8e6_k.jpg

Reef, Sara, and Rylan Kailani

51974597460_7976e90f0a_k.jpg

Fin, Andria, and Lyric Kian

51973032157_d8ded5e96f_k.jpg

Calden Azure and Maria

51973032442_7829857da1_k.jpg
    To keep this thread current, I will be sharing my merfolk story here as well as the Serial “What Happened in Your Game Thread?”

Here’s the link to my story in case anyone wants to catch up:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/994423/metior-ices-merfolk-legacy-story#latest
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    edited June 2022
    Swimming, I guess, but I'll check. :)

I was wrong. My first guess was made to make returning to the question easier.

My mersims are one premade (Nalani) and one of my own (Bo) now living together in Sulani.
    When I visited their household, they were not swimming. Bo was dancing while Nalani was searching the internet.

24_06_12.png

Shortly after they went to my vegetarian restaurant as both were hungry and that restaurant has no dishes with fish.

24_06_13.png

Nalani is in the social media career, while Bo is in the critic career.

Edit: I just added a swimming pool to the restaurant. Nalani and Bo are indeed mersims.

24_06_14.png

Edit II: Their house in Sulani looks like this:

24_06_15.png

24_06_16.png

Post edited by BoergeAarg61 on
    Also, I think I will have the Reef Mermen go shirtless and the Deep Sea Mermen use the Netting Top. If my memory serves me, the netting only has like 6 different colors, and it’s near impossible to not repeat an outfit with all the merfolk in my save. I don’t want my merfolk to look the same.

I tend to create more variety by using different necklaces, armlets, and bracelets on my reef merfolk.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Nothing recently. One of my young vampires discovered a love of swimming and fishing in Tartosa recently, and I plan eventually to have her romantically linked to a merman. And another sim I plan to turn to a merman when he's older will age up to child when I rotate to the next household. But I haven't actually played my existing merfolk in a while due to a large rotation and a break from the game.
    Okay, so this is a large picture dump, but I wanted to show off the outfits for one of my main merfolk families. My merfolk are immortal and protected from death in my game, so it takes a while to update all of them. I'm going to share my second family later. These merfolk will often be in my updates here.

Important Note: What you see in their merform is how they dress in their human form. A more detailed explanation is in the spoiler.
    I consider my merfolk's merform to be their true form and design all of their outfits around how they look as mermaids and mermen. The main reason for this has a lot to do with how I use cheats. I use the cheat Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_OccultMermaid_MermaidForm frequently. What this does is it makes the merfolk take their mermaid or merman form outside of the water or in situations that they wouldn't normally change form.

Storywise, the shapeshifting process changes their legs into a tail. They only wear skirts for bottoms because that form of clothing will survive the shapeshifting. But, if they are wearing a human shirt, they would still be wearing the shirt in their human form. My biggest problem is that I can only create 5 outfits for my Merfolk in their true form. I have 8 different Outfit Categories that I can't create in their merform.

Ultimately, I decided to make all mermen that live in Sulani shirtless in their human form because they are shirtless in their merman form. The merfolk in Sulani spend 90% of their time in swimwear anyways, so I resolved my problem by making the shirtless outfits typical for anyone from Sulani. Again, if I could create more outfits in their merform, I would do something different, but for now, all 8 Categories are replicas of what my mermen and mermaids wear in their merform. It's not ideal, but given the limitations, it allows me to change them into their merform at will without having to explain where their shirt went. Mermaids require certain standards that make it hard to do the same thing.

The Zalrian Royal Family: The Merfolk Royal Families in my game are more like Guardians of Sulani instead of exact equals to human royal families.

52170373084_ccc55f80a2_b.jpg
    The Sapphire King: Kemps Zalrian

Kemps is Married to a Transgender Mermaid, and consequently, it was left to Calum to produce the heirs.

52169107632_7dc0d18314_b.jpg
    52170373134_fb7d7d51d8_b.jpg

The Sapphire Queen: Isla Zalrian

Isla is Transgender

52170607410_f613536096_b.jpg
    52170127621_21e8639956_b.jpg

52170607400_d8ae5b36ef_b.jpg

The First Prince and Kemp's Younger Brother: Calum Zalrian

Calum is my original Sim, and I created him to create Dylan and Zeph.

52170607505_bc1d67f529_b.jpg
    52169107832_5b87f02bea_b.jpg

52169107822_a70d38cc22_b.jpg

52170607490_c147efb3f5_b.jpg

52169107812_69da3149f7_b.jpg

The Mother Elemental: Lady Arihi Zalrian

Calum summoned the Island Elemental Arihi and the two fell in love. Instead of Calum giving up being a merman to live on land, Arihi became Half-Elemental and Half-Mermaid to be with Calum. Arihi is the Mother of the Elementals: Dylan, Zephyr, Ember, Jade, and Juniper. She named her children after their Elements.

52170384649_732e2255c4_b.jpg

The Joint Second Prince and Spirit of the Sea: Dylan Zalrian

I ended up making both Dylan and Zeph equal successors to Calum. They are Joint Heirs, together. Seperately, they can't inherit the title of Sapphire Princes.

Normally, the children inheirit the Father's Tail Color, but Dylan, Zeph, and Juniper are exceptions to the Rule because they are also Elementals.

Note: Dylan is Bisexual

52170607610_504ebe86f7_b.jpg
    52169107712_031b3fe183_b.jpg

52170127861_0b730d9b70_b.jpg

52169107982_218cfd027a_b.jpg

Dylan's Wife: Lady Cecelia Zalrian

Origianlly a Townie Mermaid the game Generated

52170127756_c3328fe8a3_b.jpg
    52170127776_a427e4710c_b.jpg

52170373184_f94c8b37f9_b.jpg

The Joint Second Prince and Spirit of the Sky: Zephyr Zalrian

Zeph is short for Zephyr. Dylan and Zeph are identical twins.

52170127536_5b3b3d2304_b.jpg
    52170373274_867e364c9d_b.jpg

52170127841_39c873e40e_b.jpg

52170127856_707e2956c0_b.jpg

Zephyr's Wife: Lady Sefina Zalrian

Zeph autonomusly started this relationship with an Enchanting Introduction, and I went with it.

Sefina is a Half-Mermaid

52169107652_51aa47a344_b.jpg

The Third Prince: Barnabus Zalrian

Barnaby is short for Barnabus. Barnaby is the Older Identical Twin and Dylan's Son. Barnaby inherited his Father's Tail Color.

It's worth noting that Barnaby had a human childhood and does have human attire in one outfit category.

52170373229_ac33e843e3_b.jpg
    52170373239_38bf080c4c_b.jpg

52169107927_34f3d6f5ec_b.jpg

52170127526_4080f8c357_b.jpg

The Fourth Prince: Wade Zalrian

Wade is the Younger Identical Twin and Dylan's Son. Wade inherited his Father's Tail Color.

Like his twin brother, Wade has a human outift because he had a human childhood.

52170607525_36cea56a96_b.jpg
    52169107912_0b50c98a4a_b.jpg

52169107902_537cd77534_b.jpg

52170607360_21869b9839_b.jpg

The Fifth Prince Sora Zalrian

Sora is Zeph's son and inherited his tail.

Sora was born a merman and never had a human childhood.

52170127796_f8a1a3089e_b.jpg
    52170133283_38e56a08e6_b.jpg

52169107657_e28ffc6e5d_b.jpg

52170607350_ef2955617a_b.jpg

Lord Juniper Zalrian

While Juniper is a Merman, he's not a heir or spare to the legacy. His nobility comes from his father, the first prince. Juniper doesn't have a claim to the throne because he's an Earth Elemental of Plants. His Eye Color is different from Reef Merfolk, and he didn't inherit his father's tail color the way most merchildren do. He's not a true Reef Mermen. In fact, he spent his childhood as a PlantSim before taking on his more permanent merman form. Merfolk Genetics and Elementals have weird results.

52170607325_971d23c7d4_b.jpg
    52170127726_efc77129c2_b.jpg

52170127711_d42863ecee_b.jpg

52170607460_2427f1753a_b.jpg

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I think Lily heard us because she did turn up in Newcrest unexpectedly today.

MbG0I9U.png
    (That's Lily Feng the mermaid and Maaike Haas the vampire)

Not in merform but engaged in her favorite hobby.
    So here is my mereman Koa, who won the latest Bachelor challenge, and his fiancé Adley. I've yet to move them into a new home as I decide where would be best or...the more likely cause is that I don't feel like building at the moment. But they'll likely live in Sulani once I get around to it. Both starter homes are full and one of them lived in by another mermaid who I'll post next

Adley
    [img][/img]EcxEJam.png

Koa
    [img][/img]Vs8qkDN.png

Mere Form
    [img][/img]w6LlXf3.png