Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Boys in Dresses?

What's up with all the boys showing up with dresses on?

I'm not talking about NPCs. I'm talking about characters in my households, that I dressed, but are suddenly wandering around wearing something completely different that does not fit their character.

I'm playing a different household, and suddenly see a little boy from one of my other households wander around wearing a dress that I never put on them. I think, "I didn't put that on him." Then I see another little boy doing it, and then a toddler boy in a dress. (No grown men though, just kids.)

Why don't they wear the clothes I assigned to them?

At first I thought it was a bug related to the mod that lets kids do magic, because I thought it was only happening in the magic world. But lately I noticed they're showing up like that in other worlds too.

BTW, when I check CAS to see if they're supposed to be wearing a dress, I see that they do not have one assigned to them. The game just puts it on. It's been doing that for about 2-3 weeks.

Since I noticed all the boys in dresses, I started noticing other characters in things I don't remember assigning to them too, but didn't really notice it before the majority of my little boys started wearing dresses when I wasn't playing them.

Comments

• luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member
    I have noticed a number of times where sims from the households I'm not currently playing have shown up in completely random attire that is not what I've assigned to them. Often it is very jarring. I get the sense that this is just something the game does with unplayed sims. No idea why or how to stop it.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    edited June 2022
    Situational outfits. Gotta love ‘em. You can use MCCC to replace situational outfits with something from one of the planned categories, or you can mod out the situational outfits altogether with Bienchen’s Situational Outfits Be Gone mod. No idea why the boys are wearing dresses, though. Maybe something flipped the gender clothing prefs in CAS?
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    edited June 2022
    I knew there were situational outfits for jobs, but they change their clothes to go to the magic world?

I didn't know there was a mod for stopping the clothing changes.

I have used MCCC to change work outfits. (One of my daughter's werefoxes started showing up for work naked one day, probably due to a cc outfit being deleted. So we changed her "work outfit".) I might have to look into that if it gets annoying. It's a little jarring, especially if it doesn't fit the character; but my daughter thinks it's hilarious.

What "situational outfits " do they have for kids though? (I know kids wear school uniforms for school in Komorebi, which makes sense. I can't imagine any other situations for them to change their clothes though.)

Speaking of kids in school uniforms, I'm gonna have to check to see if I can assign school uniforms to children in certain households outside Komorebi! I do have a couple households that would send their kids to private schools.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Have occasionally seen the basic problem with own sims while not played, though not the dresses. Perhaps the game considers everything other than direct play a situation.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Tammors wrote: »
    I knew there were situational outfits for jobs, but they change their clothes to go to the magic world?

I didn't know there was a mod for stopping the clothing changes.

I have used MCCC to change work outfits. (One of my daughter's werefoxes started showing up for work naked one day, probably due to a cc outfit being deleted. So we changed her "work outfit".) I might have to look into that if it gets annoying. It's a little jarring, especially if it doesn't fit the character; but my daughter thinks it's hilarious.

What "situational outfits " do they have for kids though? (I know kids wear school uniforms for school in Komorebi, which makes sense. I can't imagine any other situations for them to change their clothes though.)

Speaking of kids in school uniforms, I'm gonna have to check to see if I can assign school uniforms to children in certain households outside Komorebi! I do have a couple households that would send their kids to private schools.

The Magic realm does indeed generate Situational outfits. Sometimes they're actually cooler than anything I put on the sim... most of the time they're as eye-searing as any other random outfit.

Kids can sometimes wear costumes if you have Seasons and a holiday with the Wear Costumes tradition. I have both Halloween and Summer Geek Con as Costume Wearing holidays, and I'll see mostly kids and teens wearing costumes throughout the worlds. If you happen to have Spooky Stuff, one of the costumes in there is a princess dress.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    @Tammors There are situational outfits for The Magic Realm, the festivals in San Myshuno, special venues and some walk by situations. I don’t play kids much, so I’m not sure about specifics there. MCCC allows you to designate situational outfit substitutes. I usually set mine to everyday clothes instead of game generated ones. You still get sims wearing lightweight clothes at the festivals in cool weather, for example, because the game is pulling from the everyday bin. But, even that’s better than the weirdness. I have no idea why they change to go the The Magic Realm. I edit game generated Spellcasters when I catch them there in some crazy get up, and give them something in their everyday outfits that’s appropriate for a student Spellcaster. Then, with MCCC making the substitution, it’s okay. Bienchens mod eliminates situational outfits. I use both it and MCCC settings, just to make sure they’re gone. 😀
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    @Tammors I don't see kids in the Magic Realm unless I've brought them there myself, and if that's the case then they still wear the clothes I've chosen for them, not the random magic realm outfits.

What lots does this happen on? Anything going on in neighborhood terrain like a fair or festival?
    Do you have any mods?
    Any CC dresses that might have incorrect tagging?

gen3-banner.png
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    The Sulani skirts are what my boys randomly wear. It bugs me if they aren't living in Sulani. I wish we could set dress codes for the different worlds. The other age groups would generate with nose accessories but recently I put Bienchen's mod in to prevent that.
    I usually notice it in the Magic Realm. I have seen it somewhere else, but I don't remember where. It's common in the Magic Realm though.

I see a lot of children there in my game because I added a mod that lets children do magic. Ever since I added the mod, kids have started showing up at the Magic Realm to practice their spells and stuff. (I'm also seeing unsupervised toddlers popping in, and sitting around by the portal.)

The kids used to just show up in the regular clothes that I assigned to them though, but a few weeks ago they started wearing clothing I didn't assign to them. The dresses were most noticeable though, because we're seeing dresses on little boys that are rowdy little ruffians that would never be caught dead in a pretty dress. For example, we're playing a monster world now, and one household is the mother and child ghost from Ju-On. So one day we saw the creepy little kid from Ju-On walking around in a frilly dress. That was hilarious!

SnaveXs wrote: »
    I wish we could set dress codes for the different worlds.
    That would be nice.

• JALJAL Posts: 999 Member
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    The Sulani skirts are what my boys randomly wear. It bugs me if they aren't living in Sulani. I wish we could set dress codes for the different worlds. The other age groups would generate with nose accessories but recently I put Bienchen's mod in to prevent that.

This! Very much this! I would love for my sims in Mt Komorebi to wear kimonos and my Sulani sims wearing the clothes typical for that pack - when they are THERE!

I also wish there was a way to limit traits in the same way. No, you are not an islander, you will not have the "child of the islands" trait!
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited June 2022
    I did see imran watson wearing girls shirt when i loaded that household up and was wondering whats up with that but I figured its probably the village fair thing

aaand also yes my vampires especially are big fans of Sulani brand always with them skirts
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2022
    My sister just brought all the packs she didn't have including the wedding pack. She threw a wedding and her husband showed up in a dress 😭🤣🤣I have no idea why.
    She's on console so no mods or cc.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,659 Member
    edited June 2022
    The outfit randomizer should have had a way to set some sort of filtering to keep it within certain parameters. I very rarely see a situational or work outfit that is anything less than a flaming dumpster fire.😆
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    My biggest beef happens on graduation day at Uni. The guys mostly show up in their proper gowns, but some of them are wearing women's SHOES. No, thank you. I got so upset once, I took my Rock Star into cas.fulleditmode right there on the spot. Sadly, his gown, although in the correct color for the school, was way more elaborate. I just wrote that he graduated top honors. But, at least his shoes were masculine. I only have a few wee ones in my game, currently. So far, they are all Toddlers, haven't seen them wandering around to know if they've been dressed up in skirts. EA, I am NOT happy about this at all. You gave us the ability to choose, and now it seems as if the game is choosing for us. If this keeps up, I just may very well give Paralives another look. 'Nuff said.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    All of my spellcasters show up in situational outfits in the Magic Realm unless they are there for a club gathering. They aren't particularly any better coordinated than the random townie outfits, so it can be quite an eyesore. I'm guessing the opposite gender problem might be caused because the programming for situational outfits didn't account for child spellcasters so it may not be working right with your mod.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    @GalacticGal I get the graduation womens shoes thing too, I wonder if anyone has reported that as it's gone on for quite a while.

I detest situation outfits. So many times I rotate to a new household to find a sim dressed in something completely ridiculous. I do not spend time lovingly creating them stylish attire only to see them around wearing something that nobody on Earth would choose to wear.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    @GalacticGal I get the graduation womens shoes thing too, I wonder if anyone has reported that as it's gone on for quite a while.

I detest situation outfits. So many times I rotate to a new household to find a sim dressed in something completely ridiculous. I do not spend time lovingly creating them stylish attire only to see them around wearing something that nobody on Earth would choose to wear.

Could that be caused by CC?
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Could that be caused by CC?

Nah. I don't have any CC at all, and have always had this issue. The situational outfits for the City Living festivals are the worst.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    Actually, I get angry when my men show up without dresses on---that's what I gave them in CAS :wink:
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    Spellcasters have situational outfits (and they tend to be horrible. Bella, just because you're a witch doesn't mean you lose your sense of style). The game is putting the kids in the spellcaster walkabout outfit.
    edited July 2022
    Here's a question for people with City Living.

One of my households was living next to Salim Benali, and one day he was hanging out wearing a maid's uniform like Bonehilda. Does he normally do that? Or was this another example of the game randomly putting a dress on a guy that doesn't have one in his wardrobe?
  • RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    Tammors wrote: »
    Here's a question for people with City Living.

One of my households was living next to Salim Benali, and one day he was hanging out wearing a maid's uniform like Bonehilda. Does he normally do that? Or was this another example of the game randomly putting a dress on a guy that doesn't have one in his wardrobe?

CL apartment dwellers showing up in a maid outfit or towel is tied to them having had a "door with hearts" woohoo-related event at their own apartment. It can happen with any apartment neighbor sim. It's like the "door with loud music notes" event where you get to complain to them about their noise, because you can complain about the hearts too.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Situational outfits is one of the things that I am so happy to mod away. Zero has one for the Magical Realm and I don't remember if there are any more. It is just so jarring to see sims that I have spent so much time to give several different outfits and then they show up in something hideous. Wish we could turn that off.