Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Nasty thieving sims who steal food from my fridge. How rude is that!

I wish we could lock the fridges in the same way as we can lock computers.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    When something doesn't work correctly. Like the freelance writer not having the option to get book approved. Or the child social aspiration not counting your friends. He has a best friend and 4 good friends but it shows 0 for make 3 friends. Insert scream here !!!!
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Not so much a game issue, but more with a small number in the community. And that's how people will dance up and down when you dare to change the NPC's in your game to how you want them to be.
    Recently on Twitter, I saw a few people posting about how "phobic" it is to change the new werewolf NPC's and all I could think was "why do you care what someone does in their own private game?" Like it's not affecting you, so I don't see why it should bother you.
    Idk, it feels weird to be getting so up in arms over what other people do in their own games. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    That must be part of the drama I keep off of my Twitter feed. ๐Ÿ˜„ I plan on keeping them as is but couldn't care less what others do with them.
    edited June 2022
    That must be part of the drama I keep off of my Twitter feed. ๐Ÿ˜„ I plan on keeping them as is but couldn't care less what others do with them.

I too, do my best to stay out of that drama and keep it off my feed. But occasionally it slips in there and I can't help but wonder if they're alright. Just reminds me of how DA players will get militant about how XYZ is the only way to play the game and if you do ABC, then you're playing wrong. It's absolute madness.

ETA: I mostly plan to keep the premades as is and have no issue with what others do to them as well. The only time I change them is if I plan on using them myself.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,828 Member
    edited June 2022
    Not so much a game issue, but more with a small number in the community. And that's how people will dance up and down when you dare to change the NPC's in your game to how you want them to be.
    Recently on Twitter, I saw a few people posting about how "phobic" it is to change the new werewolf NPC's and all I could think was "why do you care what someone does in their own private game?" Like it's not affecting you, so I don't see why it should bother you.
    Idk, it feels weird to be getting so up in arms over what other people do in their own games. :-/

So you're saying if I, oh I don't know, let's say, gave Rory a makeover some people's heads would explode? It would be such a shame if I accidentally posted a picture of that makeover.

eckt3zr.png?1

Sorry, my finger slipped.

So you're saying if I, oh I don't know, let's say, gave Rory a makeover some people's heads would explode? It would be such a shame if I accidentally posted a picture of that makeover.

eckt3zr.png?1

*dramatic gasp!" How dare you! Oh, where is my fainting couch and my pearls? /s

For real though, depending on who you're talking to on Twitter, yes, changing Rory is considered "phobic" and "bad" for some reason. And will make some people very, very mad. Even though you have a right to do what you want to her, because it is your game. XD

On a serious note, your makeover of Rory looks so ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ, I love her! :smiley:
    edited June 2022
    An annoyance that Werewolves has brought to the surface, cramped, over-decorated lots. It has long been a problem, lots that are basically just eye candy, they're not livable. Sure they may pass play-testing as far as routing issues, but they're still impossible to live in. The Moonwood Mill builds I'm seeing are gorgeous in the gallery, but once you put it in the game and try to live in it, you just want to scream. Far too many lovely builds for Moonwood suffer because the builder tried to put in as much landscaping as possible, or they try to use all the items in BB in a small house. If a family of four can't occupy any room, other than a bathroom, at the same time comfortably then it needs to be bigger or some decor needs to come out. Less can be even more beautiful than too much if you make good choices on what you use and where you place it. You don't need to empty out BB to make a lovely home.

eckt3zr.png?1

For real though, depending on who you're talking to on Twitter, yes, changing Rory is considered "phobic" and "bad" for some reason. And will make some people very, very mad. Even though you have a right to do what you want to her, because it is your game. XD

On a serious note, your makeover of Rory looks so ๐ŸŒ™๐ŸŒ™๐ŸŒ™๐ŸŒ™๐ŸŒ™, I love her! :smiley:

Thank you so much. Oh I know, some people lose sight of the fact that, this is just a game.

I plan to make it even more outrageous, hang on tight, because I'm going to do one of her that is less muscular and more femme. A "what if?" version of Rory. In my game I still want her to be big and buff, but why not have a bit of fun and imagine her if her life had gone down a different path?

eckt3zr.png?1

On a serious note, your makeover of Rory looks so ๐ŸŒ™๐ŸŒ™๐ŸŒ™๐ŸŒ™๐ŸŒ™, I love her! :smiley:

Thank you so much. Oh I know, some people lose sight of the fact that, this is just a game.

I plan to make it even more outrageous, hang on tight, because I'm going to do one of her that is less muscular and more femme. A "what if?" version of Rory. In my game I still want her to be big and buff, but why not have a bit of fun and imagine her if her life had gone down a different path?

Yeah, I think a lot of players, especially recently, have lost sight of the fact that TS4 is a LIFE simulator, not a REALITY simulator. Like fair enough if you want to create yourself and mimic some of your own reality, but you need to accept that not everything is going to be a 1:1 ratio recreation of the life you live and that the devs aren't here to design a VR sandbox based solely around one person/player and their lived experiences. They have to think of everyone when making the game and designing the packs and what will sell in the market. etc etc. But you are right, at the end of the day, TS4 is just a game, getting mad at how other people play just feels exhausting.

Ooooh!!! I can't wait to see more screenshots of that version of Rory, the AU story sounds so interesting. :D
    An annoyance that Werewolves has brought to the surface, cramped, over-decorated lots. It has long been a problem, lots that are basically just eye candy, they're not livable. Sure they may pass play-testing as far as routing issues, but they're still impossible to live in. The Moonwood Mill builds I'm seeing are gorgeous in the gallery, but once you put it in the game and try to live in it, you just want to scream. Far too many lovely builds for Moonwood suffer because the builder tried to put in as much landscaping as possible, or they try to use all the items in BB in a small house. If a family of four can't occupy any room, other than a bathroom, at the same time comfortably then it needs to be bigger or some decor needs to come out. Less can be even more beautiful than too much if you make good choices on what you use and where you place it. You don't need to empty out BB to make a lovely home.

I agree, and it's not just with Moonwood Mill, but a lot of lots, be it for normal sims or occults. A lot of builds, while beautiful just feel over cluttered. I get it, I really do, they want to give the appearance of the house being lived in and not "empty" but irl not many people live in houses that are that over cluttered.

I agree, and it's not just with Moonwood Mill, but a lot of lots, be it for normal sims or occults. A lot of builds, while beautiful just feel over cluttered. I get it, I really do, they want to give the appearance of the house being lived in and not "empty" but irl not many people live in houses that are that over cluttered.

I mentioned Moonwood because it brought the subject back up for me. Where Moonwood is different is it's all the landscaping everyone seems to be trying to cram into a lot. It ends up making the houses tiny and even more cramped. I enjoy looking at everyone's amazing builds, it's just once I go from admiring the lot to trying to use it my feelings about it turn completely around. I appreciate the time and skills involved, I just wish function came before form. I totally understand wanting to create the most beautiful lot possible. Too often being able to actually put a family of sims in it falls off the radar.
    edited June 2022

eckt3zr.png?1

Yeah, I think a lot of players, especially recently, have lost sight of the fact that TS4 is a LIFE simulator, not a REALITY simulator. Like fair enough if you want to create yourself and mimic some of your own reality, but you need to accept that not everything is going to be a 1:1 ratio recreation of the life you live and that the devs aren't here to design a VR sandbox based solely around one person/player and their lived experiences. They have to think of everyone when making the game and designing the packs and what will sell in the market. etc etc. But you are right, at the end of the day, TS4 is just a game, getting mad at how other people play just feels exhausting.

Ooooh!!! I can't wait to see more screenshots of that version of Rory, the AU story sounds so interesting. :D

My "What If?" makeovers are just playing around in CAS while thinking how a character might have looked if their life story had gone in another direction. I don't think I've ever actually played out one of "What Ifs". Now that you mentioned it I could file that away and when the opportunity comes up give it a try.๐Ÿค”
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Not being able to debug stairs. I just had to replace the same house on the same plot to solve the problem of the "I can't go there"

It wasn't difficult but it was annoying seeing as I spent 30 minutes trying to rearrange the stairs before just bulldozing and plopping the same house down... which fixed it instantly.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

I usually just alter the builds, I take out a lot of the clutter and make them livable.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member

eckt3zr.png?1

It's funny to me because I've literally been the Rory I've had blue hair in short male haircut, worn them jeans and rock t-shirts and my parents would be very happy if i stopped being pain in the tail

and yet I grew up being dresses n tea parties kinda gal :lol: because i realized i only hated being girly cause people were making it awkward o_o

cause somehow people seem unable to accept that people might want to wear dude clothes one day and gal clothes the next and accuse you of witchcraft

therefore I shall find no problem in making Rory more either gender or neither gender
    in fact i applaud anyone willing to give them the choice of being whatever they desire in their particular story

also don't understand why vlad is allowed to be gorgeous drag queen all over twitter and then this be problem like chill its just wearing different fabric coverings on your body..or well your sims pixel body i guess
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
    also i forgot what i was gonna come here to complain about :lol: but I think i was gonna be angry at still not being able to give sims nails in mermaid form

I usually just alter the builds, I take out a lot of the clutter and make them livable.

I do about half the time, I'll dive in and redecorate. Sometimes though I just want to plunk something down and go straight into the gameplay.๐Ÿ™‚ I don't mean to make it sound like it's something that drives me over the edge. It's just a little something I wish builders did with stuff they put in the gallery. If you really want to push and make something with huge wow factor, note it in the description to help people make their choice. A large part of the problem is the gallery doesn't give you a good look at the lots before you download them so you're kind of taking a blind leap.
    yeah 99% of the time gallery builds are over decorated or oversized and ive been kinda annoyed at how they do pack builds with game changers now so even those are kinda overcomplicated at times

but oh well I'll just continue bulldozing and building everything myself and hope It's finished one day so it does not end up my unfinished business when i turn into ghost one day :lol:
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Nasty thieving sims who steal food from my fridge. How rude is that!

I wish we could lock the fridges in the same way as we can lock computers.

This! It drives me nuts when visitors steal milk bottles from my fridge, because then my sims can't cook some dishes and I have to order more milk :angry:
    @elanorbreton @haisin Add to that waltz in and take over the tv or change the radio station.

eckt3zr.png?1

My "What If?" makeovers are just playing around in CAS while thinking how a character might have looked if their life story had gone in another direction. I don't think I've ever actually played out one of "What Ifs". Now that you mentioned it I could file that away and when the opportunity comes up give it a try.๐Ÿค”

I love doing "what if stories" especially with my own characters (oh the habits of being a writer aha), especially if it allows me to explore a character to see how they'd react in a different world. recently I created my Commander Shepard from Mass Effect, and did a "what if humans never discovered the Protheans on Mars", it was super fun coming up with how Shepard would behave on earth and creating "human" versions of the alien crewmates they would have met while on the SSR Normandy etc.

So yeah, I certainly do recommend playing a "what if" scenario when you've run out of other things to do :smiley:
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I still hate it when neighbors come over and cook in your home or use the computer when those same sims tell our sims it's rude. Like 'no, really? Just boils your plasma, doesn't it? HAHA! Karma!'
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything