Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A summary of the lore for people who don't want to go looking for it in game (Spoilers!)

I extracted the strings because I didn't want to figure everything out through gameplay because I am lazy. So if you are like me, here is the general story. Some of this may be slightly wrong/inaccurate and I welcome corrections:
I got all this info from extracting the text strings because I didn't feel like going on a scavenger hunt throughout the game to figure all of this out. Here's the general gist of the lore - somethings may be a little off, feel free to correct me if anything is wrong.
The general story of werewolves, spellcasters, and moonwood mill:

Ancient simsland was called Myshupotania. The people there tamed cowplants and were called Moocasters.

Spellcasters tried to harness the power of the moon (and were called Mooncasters) and created werewolves. The reason they were trying to do this was because long ago when they were trying to perfect untamed magic and make clones that did not require sustenance, they made vampires instead, and the vampires started feeding on them and were going to exterminate all spellcasters, so they tried to use the power of the moon to create a weapon against vampires and created werewolves. They also tried to make a spell that would cure all vampires but instead it broke the magic world into pieces.

Greg and his fated mate Avelina were part of the original Mooncasters that got turned into werewolves. A few of their friends are also mentioned as being part of the original Mooncasters and some of the sims from Moonwood Mills are descendent from them, and they got the idea of using moon power from their wolf familiars. One of the familiars was eaten by a cowplant when they teamed up with the Moocasters on a mission against vampires. Being a werewolf is kind of a problem due to the whole fury thing, so Greg and Avelina were trying to find either a cure for werewolfness or a way to mitigate fury, at least. They discovered the lunar fish, the moonflower, and Avelina discovered the planet Sixam, but Greg's continuous fury rampages were driving him and Avelina apart. Avelina was almost obsessed with the telescope and it is unknown how she died, but Greg managed to become immortal and seems to have become stuck in permanent fury almost.

The Moonwood Collective pack is all about trying to combat the harmful anti-werewolf propaganda that was spread by the vampires, who lost the war between spellcaster/werewolf and vampire. Vlad was captured but escaped and chased out all the werewolves that used to live in Forgotten Hollow. Their main goal is to prove to simkind that werewolves are not all horrible monsters. The alpha is descendent from the original Mooncasters and he managed to teach one of his adopted kids to follow his philosophy but the other went to start her own pack, the Wildfangs, who instead believe that werewolves should revel in their beastly nature. Supposedly the packs are either currently feuding with each other, or a feud can be started and then ended. One of the members of the Moonwood Collective is cousins with Lilith and Caleb, who they used to be close to until Vlad won them over and they were turned into vampires.

One of the other werewolves (can't remember who) was found in the tunnels, all feral, trying to escape both Vlad and Greg, I think? And was taken in by one of the pack leaders.

The bartender was dating Lou but on that date, Greg attacked and they both got Werebies, although the bartender chose to cure hers, getting the cure from the leader of the Moonwood Collective. I can't remember who discovered that Werebies was a thing.

That's the basic rundown.

Comments

• GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Intriguing Story. 🖤
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    That is interesting. A few things seem a little convenient, such as the Vatores getting along with Straud, though.
  • BoujieSimmerBoujieSimmer Posts: 50 Member
    Now I’ll be focused on finding out who’s who lol
  • duriankindduriankind Posts: 62 Member
    This is really interesting, and as a fellow lazy person I greatly appreciate it, lol. Thank you so much for posting this! :)
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
    check out my gallery page
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
  • cutecabaretcutecabaret Posts: 56 Member
    I might go back and do Tartosa and Henford on Bagley too...are there any other worlds that have lore that you need to talk to people/search for?

As for:
    The Vatores getting along with Vlad, it's entirely possible that by the time that Vlad really settled in Forgotten Hollow with the Vatores, the Vatores had a change of heart and tried to go veggie, causing a rift between them.
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    -takes notes for personal file-
    Considering Vlad revoked Lilith and Caleb's vampirism in my file, and that Caleb is actually dead, thanks Neighborhood Stories, I definitely have a hook to go on now for Lilith, re-establishing her relationship with Lily. If I manage to roll that house again at some point.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • MoonwoodSimsMoonwoodSims Posts: 5 New Member
    Thank you for this info!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Thanks for this info. Now that I have read this I no longer need to figure it out in bits and pieces which makes it hard to get the full story.

I am not quite sure I like the story itself.
    Basically spellcasters became overconfident or power-hungry and are responsible for it all by creating both vampires and werewolves? And vampires are enemies of basically everyone? That is not how I envisioned my dear spellcasters. I will not incorporate this into my game if I am able to ignore it.
    I also feel a bit uncomfortable that this lore is meant to include and thus change the history and intentions of spellcasters and vampires, two occults we have played for years with our own stories.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited June 2022
    Urgh. Wow, this has totally messed with my plot. Back to the drawing board… this is why I was worried about official lore being introduced!

I think I can work with it though… not sure, tbh.
    Post edited by GracieO312 on
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited June 2022
    I will just say though I really want a time travel pack set during the Myshupotanian period now...

Also, what about the Ancient Omiscans from Jungle Adventure? Where do they fit in?
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,630 Member
    @cutecabaret, thanks for this.

I like some of it, not all... so I'll use some of it but not all. Nothing says I have to, after all.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Story is kinda cute, though I wish we could just wipe moonwood mill if we wanted, just like we can with forgotten hollow (or any other map); and then obviously create our own storylines and wolf packs with new characters 🤷‍♂️

I’m hoping the new townie lore they’ve been teasing, isn’t locked in stone like with the werewolves..
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Thank you for the compilation!

To everyone who is worried about having to incorporate the official lore into their worldbuilding, I find it really easy to ignore. The only baked in aspects are vampires and werewolves starting out with half a negative relationship bar, Greg wearing a ring and being in perma-fury. Also the element of fury that causes werewolves to transform even when it isn't full moon.
  • sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    This is so perfect for the game I'm playing right now. In my save the Vatores were dormant werewolfs(I called them this because we didn't have werewolves lol but I wanted that lore in their history). The Vampires are everyones enemy's but only because they put everyone in their place. I always envisioned the spellcasters blaming the vampires for their magic relam splitting but in reality it being their own game but I couldn't decide on how/why that was the case. I'm loving that the lore is so close to my own "lore" I created.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    They went all-out with this lore. It's not just a copy-paste of common stories, but we have very unique ideas that connect a lot of mysteries together. I really hope they keep this up. I hope there's room to connect fairies, mummies, zombies and mermaids to this later on.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    So they never say how Avelina dies? Pictures of her story from what I gather below (from his diary):
    I know it says she neglects her needs when Greg is away (so it could have been hunger), but maybe it's from a comet via the telescope. I wish it said :(

ISZObpL.png

n2u7J6n.png

13ajssI.png