Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you buy packs ?

How do you buy packs ? 101 votes

One by one
45%
crocobauracanitbemanEvvieSimmerLeGardePourpreJaiSeapisceschick75GalacticGalErja888VenusABatsonAyradyssPlayerSinger2010imhappyIsb917SusanaLeotePeachesnDucksMariefoxprice83SavorySagealanmichael1SimplyJenMilutinMujovic 46 votes
Several at a time
10%
dominimpLatinaBunnyEricasFreePlaySeashoreLiviaJustinB113StuffyMarxEternalSunshinejpsulsuldagdagBenjamilianJunkyPoemkcanan27 11 votes
It depends on the moment
43%
danacnbrettAnmirlaFlashMarkerairotciv54mueller_liteBabykittyjadeGemmie12Dinkus83benson2006annaliese39CAPTAIN_NXR7cyncieChadSims2nanashi-simsSimsLovinLycanEnkiSchmidtBehappy1stChicklet453681RememberJoyhaisin 44 votes

Comments

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    It depends on the moment

When I accidentally sneeze I may or may not buy 5 at a time. Cats are not to be trusted either but I don't own any cats.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    One by one
    It would probably be more in bulk if I ever really had more than one to buy at a time and, y'know, Origin had a cart feature. Until then, every pack (and kit) is its own separate purchase.

(I have seen some people say they do, but I am using the US Origin store and it does not. I have contacted Origin support and everything. The closest they have is recommendations as you check out.)
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,340 Member
    It depends on the moment
    I used to love Build your own bundle for general content, but I've run out of options, only missing Tiny Living and Wedding stories anymore.

I also bought single packs at or close to launch when I couldn't stop myself (Strangerville, Eco, Paranormal and now the weres).
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,943 Member
    edited June 2022
    It depends on the moment
    I use origin giftcards to pay which exist in most frustrating amounts

so usually its new bigger pack
    (gp or ep i want that i don't have yet)
    + something for leftover 5-10e

and i keep waiting until there is 50% off stuff pack sale or something but they're really not giving that sale anymore so i probably just get annoyed until i end up buying some kit i was not planning to get

also like i have all ep and all gp minus batuu and now werewolves so its really mostly stuff and new releases i don't have sooo may buy couple stuff packs at once if they go 50% off but otherwise its kinda unlikely
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    Several at a time
    I usually like to collect DLC a lot, so I usually tend to buy a few at the same time, like maybe a couple of kits plus a game pack, or multiple game packs that were sold together/on sale at the same time, etc.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,634 Member
    It depends on the moment
    If they're on sale I might pick up a couple at a time. Sometimes just one.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    One by one
    One every few months when they're on sale. Rarely buy in full price (the last and first one at full price was Cottage Living).
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    One by one
    I have been a "one by one" buyer for years and now I decide to become a "several at a time" buyer like I did with The Sims 2.

It's more fun to play with 3 new EP than only one, I can combine the features and try to create something bigger.
  • BlueBananaSimsBlueBananaSims Posts: 51 Member
    One by one
    I buy them immediately every time
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    It depends on the moment
    I have bought one at a time and I have bought several at a time, once I even built a bundle. It depends on what I'm missing and whether there are good sales.
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 372 Member
    One by one
    I usually get whichever pack that strikes my fancy. There are multiple packs that I like but I've grown up with the "you can only get one" when it comes to video games by my parents so it comes down to which one has features that I like more.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    One by one
    One at a time.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Several at a time
    In bundles on Steam during a sale. So much cheaper if you bundle on Steam.
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Several at a time
    when they're on sale & after the major glitches are fixed.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    One by one
    I used to buy several at a time (two bundles: IL, RoM, Moschino; EL, SV, Fitness; two SP on sale: Spooky & Bowling), but I ran out of options for content I like plus EAxis seems to have stopped developing stuff packs. So I can't bundle anymore.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    One by one
    I got into playing TS4 several after many packs were already out, so at the beginning I would frequently take advantage of the bundle offer.
    Now I own nearly every pack (the only ones I don't have are Getting Famous and Vampires, which I have no desire to buy), and since when there's a new pack out that I want, I'll get it soon after it is released, bundling is not an option for me any more.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    One by one
    With stuff packs apparently dead, it will be interesting to see if they change bundles to include kits.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited July 2022
    Several at a time
    I bought most of my TS4 packs through Origin bundles during 50% off sales. (8 bundles total)
    I also bought 4 SPs & 1 EP individually during a sale.

My next purchase will probably be another bundle.
    However, I don't buy any packs unless the major bugs are fixed & they are on sale for at least 50% off.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    It depends on the moment
    Most packs I don't think deserve to be paid full price so I pick them up when half off so I might get a couple at a time or just one depending on what I'm missing.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited July 2022
    It depends on the moment
    There are 3 factors that affect my pack buying:

1. What do my finances look like? Is my budget tight, or do I have some spare dollars to spend?
    2. Is it a pack that I want enough to buy as soon as it drops? If "yes," I'll likely buy it full price by itself.
    3. Is there a sale? If so, I will buy a thing or two, depending on my financial situation.

During the recent sale, I bought "University," "Get Famous," and a couple of stuff packs I'd had my eye on for a while. I was holding my cash until "Werewolves" dropped, so that sale opened some floodgates...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    It depends on the moment
    I usually buy packs on sale or in a bundle, but Cottage Living I just had to have straight away, and I have had giftcards for a couple. It all depends really. Although after the MWS fiasco I probably won't buy a pack straight away again. I will wait at least a couple of weeks no matter how bad I want it. I'm not buying a broken pack!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,488 Member
    One by one
    If I want a pack, I generally purchase them upon release. Sometimes, I will pre-order. Thinking seriously about pre-ordering High School when I can.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • dominimpdominimp Posts: 162 Member
    Several at a time
    I used to do it in Bundles before Origin cards got discontinued in my state.

Bundles seemed like I got more for my money so that was the ideal way to go about it.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    It depends on the moment
    When I first started playing in 2019, I would get packs in bundle sales because there were so many that I really wanted. Nowadays, I usually buy one at a time, so I get a chance to savor the content.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • duriankindduriankind Posts: 62 Member
    It depends on the moment
    I normally buy them one by one when I keep on top of all the new releases, but there have been times like when I first got back into the game on PS4 or if a bunch of kits come out that I don’t need right away where I’ll buy several packs at once.
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
    check out my gallery page
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶