Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNI and grades

I expected the game to accept only sims with a certain school grade for University. I just discovered that one of my current Uni students got a D from high school, should she not have been stopped? Would make sense if there was some requirements...
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Maybe you can go from being a D student to getting a physics degree in sim land 😄

I've never taken much notice of school grades, what do they even count for? But, yes, you'd think a sim would need an A or B to get into certain uni classes and a C for others.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited June 2022
    D is still a pass grade, so it's not too strange. In reality you can accrue wait semesters to lower requirements, get credit for alreaey having worked in the field you want to enroll in or opt for studies without a numerus clausus, so there are options.

Game-mechanically a D slaps the sim with a penalty when it comes to getting accepted into distinguished degrees, nothing more serious. Unlike in Sims 2 sims cannot get rejected from uni in this iteration, not even with an F.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    You can have your sim enroll to universities with any grade. Bad grades only lower the chance of getting into distinguished degrees.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Yep, @EgonVM is right, everyone gets accepted into the regular degrees, it's only distinguished degrees that ever reject anyone.
    gen3-banner.png
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Thanks, I didn't know that they can't get the distinguished if a D student. That's good to know, and I'm glad there is at least some difference. I think my universities will need to require A or B, though, might make it even more interesting game wise, too.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg