Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SDX Coming Today! Available Now!

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    And here I got my hopes up for a functional midsummer pole (maypole), pickled herring, snaps and Swedish style strawberry cake with some new holiday traditions added to the mix.

Ahh well, perhaps next year. Maybe when they add that R&B radio station and the dragons. :)

Still, this looks good. I love more recipes.

I think they need to do world traditions packs, at least for all the countries for which they translate the game language. Foods, clothes, some important holiday, etc.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Hot take: Potato Salad is made with mustard and no raisins.

If you make it with anything but mustard or put raisins in, you can just get out of here with your gross fruit salad.

Mustard? What part of the country are you in? Up here in the frozen north we use diced potatoes and mayonnaise.
  • Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    My favorite recipe has diced fried bacon in it, that's how we do it downunder.
  • Options
    Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    I know they gave the Day of the Dead with those skulls and one recipe. And they always giving us Asian food so yeah it's time for a change.
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Mustard? What part of the country are you in? Up here in the frozen north we use diced potatoes and mayonnaise.[/quote]
    Got to be good old down south! That's the way we roll! Happy to see some southern food on the menu.
    Now let's get some smothered chicken and pork chop, dirty rice, fried cabbage, mustard greens; candy yam and fried chicken.
    What about those waffles, chicken noodles soup, chicken and dumplings, meat lasagna, pecans pie too... anyway thanks for the start.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2022
    Other then the ribs and fish I also see collard greens,lemon slices,corn on the cob and soda cans. As far as I know the base game doesn't have soda so this must be new.

I'm hoping for fried chicken and pork chops in a future SDX.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    edited June 2022
    We got Galbijjim and Tteokguk and Korean traditional outfits and hair for Lunar New Year 2022. Apparently there was some sort of Twitter thing going on where people who celebrate Chinese New Year at the same time got upset that EA called it Lunar New Year and showcased Korean culture.

The fish grand meal is a nice whole fish dish I think, but it would be cool if there were more ☺ I don't mind waiting a minute for the menu to load.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    And here I got my hopes up for a functional midsummer pole (maypole), pickled herring, snaps and Swedish style strawberry cake with some new holiday traditions added to the mix.

Ahh well, perhaps next year. Maybe when they add that R&B radio station and the dragons. :)

Still, this looks good. I love more recipes.
    Ooh! See! This should add this to the base game this year
  • Options
    Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    I know this is off topic but why don't we have any Christmas cookies in this game? We have Halloween cookies! But no Christmas cookies! I'm putting a request in now for a Christmas kit. With cookies, gingerbread houses, hot chocolate in a coffee mug with whipped cream, maybe add some Christmas stocking for the fireplace too.
  • Options
    Kai252018 wrote: »
    I know this is off topic but why don't we have any Christmas cookies in this game? We have Halloween cookies! But no Christmas cookies! I'm putting a request in now for a Christmas kit. With cookies, gingerbread houses, hot chocolate in a coffee mug with whipped cream, maybe add some Christmas stocking for the fireplace too.

I second this. Also, gingerbread cookies.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I think they need to do world traditions packs, at least for all the countries for which they translate the game language. Foods, clothes, some important holiday, etc.

I would LOVE this kind of pack! Especially if they at the same time updated holidays so you could choose which ones each individual sim celebrates/ignores. That way one family could celebrate Diwali and another Swedish Midsummer.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

I would love gingerbread cookies! Usually what I do now for Christmas cookies for the baking holiday tradition is bake the sugar cookies and decorate them. But gingerbread would be so cute.
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Nope, no Cinco de Mayo, Or Chinese New Year (was in Taiwan for it in 1973 - huge fun!).

Are you sure about that?

We definitely got outfits, new table and chair sets, the potted kumquat tree, and some new recipes (the veggie dumplings and steamed fish?) for a holiday a few years back. Could have sworn it was Chinese New Year.

You're right. It was Feb 2021. Lunar New Year. Year of the ox.

Oh my gosh, was it really just last year? It feels like five years ago! Whew. :D
  • Options

I would love gingerbread cookies! Usually what I do now for Christmas cookies for the baking holiday tradition is bake the sugar cookies and decorate them. But gingerbread would be so cute.

All cookies are good I suppose, my last Winterfest in game my sim baked crumpets and they looked Christmassy enough, but gingerbread cookies would be the real deal.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    SDX drops tomorrow.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    I think there’s already a Winter Cake recipe. But yeah, it’d be nice if there were more Christmas- related recipes.
  • Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member

All cookies are good I suppose, my last Winterfest in game my sim baked crumpets and they looked Christmassy enough, but gingerbread cookies would be the real deal.

If I could add any one recipe to the game it would be Gingerbread Sims. Not only is it great thematically but using the group cooking feature with a parent and their kids to make gingerbread for Winterfest would virtually feel like a new activity for me (Mulled Nectar would also be nice).
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

If you make it with anything but mustard or put raisins in, you can just get out of here with your gross fruit salad.

Sour cream/onion/chives based potato salad is the norm in the UK.

It's so good.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Do SDXs have a usual time like updates do?
  • Options
    Usually around 1pm EST.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member

Make mine with yellow mustard and definitely NO RAISINS. I love raisins but those belong in a salad with pecans and a sweet dressing.

My sister makes it with mayonnaise, hard boiled eggs & onions (yummm).
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,333 EA Community Manager
    edited June 2022

For those curious, this SDX adds family jerseys, a fish fry and a ribs plate.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    edited June 2022