Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you up to today?

Renée09Renée09 Posts: 523 Member
I wanted to create a little thread where we can say what we're up to each day.

You don't have to oc but I thought it be nice to see a little in to each other lives :)

So today I had school which was no fun as usual lol but also it's like 32 degrees here! Soo hot I'm melting!

Worst bit is I'm playing tennis this evening and it's an important one. So not looking forward to that in the heat 🥺

I hope your days are great!

Comments

• AraeliumAraelium Posts: 60 Member
    > @"Renée09" said:
    > t's like 32 degrees here! Soo hot I'm melting!
    Oof. I've been at home all day, so I can't say much, although it was just hot enough that I couldn't sleep or laze around like I was hoping.

Right now I'm just waiting for my dinner to be cooked and I'm thinking of watching another episode of Stargate Atlantis.

I hope your tennis match goes well.
  • duriankindduriankind Posts: 62 Member
    @Renée09 that's awesome, I've never played tennis but always wanted to give it a try as it seems a lot of fun! It's also really cool that you have something you're so passionate about that you want to pursue. :)

Not too much going on today for myself, gonna do laundry, play some more sims, and hang out with my husband and cat. It should be a pretty relaxing time!
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
    check out my gallery page
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,049 Member
    I got back from church and am going to go see my dad soon since it's Father's Day.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Cooked and baked up a storm, spent time with family, and helped rescue a poor marmalade kitty who is obviously a pet who is either lost, or abandoned or something, who was hiding under cars and meowing for a couple of days before then getting desperate.

I'd adopt him in an instant, if I could be around cats for long and still breathe. But the weather was bad, cold and rainy with wind, and the poor thing needed shelter and food, so we put him in an upstairs bedroom with food, water, a litterbox, and I gave him a short bit of petting and reassurance, before having to get out of the room, but others took over with him.

He's been neutered, is very gentle and well-behaved, trusting, and obviously was somebody's baby so something must have happened to his previous owner. Hopefully he'll have no trouble at all getting adopted from the shelter unless by a miracle someone wants to come take him first from our notices. We just couldn't leave him out there another day. He doesn't even know how to eat anything that's not catfood, we found that out when trying to feed him outside, on table scraps, so we got him some dry catfood and he loved that. So he can't forage, doesn't appear to know how to hunt or even rummage in trash, none of those feral-cat skills.

Wishing him luck at the shelter, but it's better than luck on the streets, at least for this little guy.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Today was my long overdue day off so I didn't have much planned. I'm behind on housework and it was my only day off until Friday so trying to get a few things done while I have the time but also trying to rest after a long week at work and before I go back tomorrow.

Been trying to play Stardew Valley on my switch but I'm so tired and keep losing focus. Contemplating a nap but I'm usually out for 3-4 hours and then I won't sleep tonight before work also there's a hockey game I want to watch tonight and it's soon so probably I shouldn't nap now lol.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Renée09 wrote: »
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    Today was my long overdue day off so I didn't have much planned. I'm behind on housework and it was my only day off until Friday so trying to get a few things done while I have the time but also trying to rest after a long week at work and before I go back tomorrow.

Been trying to play Stardew Valley on my switch but I'm so tired and keep losing focus. Contemplating a nap but I'm usually out for 3-4 hours and then I won't sleep tonight before work also there's a hockey game I want to watch tonight and it's soon so probably I shouldn't nap now lol.

It sounds like it's been real busy and rushed for you lately. I hope you enjoyed your day off and got the much needed rest you've been after :)

I love Stardew Valley, I've done a lot on it now but not playing as much as I did been busy with school and tennis.
    Hope you got to watch your hockey game and got a nap in the end lol.

Didn't end up getting much rest because I have the worst neighbours and they were causing noise and trouble until very late at night.

I did manage to watch the hockey game didn't go how I wanted but oh well I'll be watching the next one under my desk at work today hoping for redemption lol.

I get that, I didn't play Stardew for a long time because work and too many other hobbies with way too little time for it all. But I picked it up again recently and it's like the first time all over again so fun haha.

I hope your exams go well. And that you have fun training with your friends and good luck on the next tennis match.
  • BlueBananaSimsBlueBananaSims Posts: 51 Member
    What I'm doing is trying to get to 15 posts so I can make my own thread, so thanks for the easy one haha! :D
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Hope you reach the milestone soon, @BlueBananaSims !

I am heading toward a Sims3 session on the larger gaming PC screen, its amazing how much better it is when I can see everything at max resolution! I have a.werewolf in Midnight Hollow with the lifetime wish to be the Top Dog (leader of a werewolf pack) and a townie in Hidden Springs who has the Gold Digger aspiration ( for this, he needs to marry a rich sim and then "see their ghost".

So tons of fun to be had!

Then I have to try to get to bed at a reasonable hour because I am planning on a career change and need to stop keeping vampire hours. 🧛‍♂️
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • SirianaSimsSirianaSims Posts: 176 Member
    I visited an endocrinologist today and was officially diagnosed with Graves' Disease. So that's something to get used to. Now I'm waiting for an MRI to make sure all my symptoms are "just" stress and Graves'. I'm hoping I don't also have a brain tumor and drowning my sorrows in The Sims :relieved:
    generation5julia.png
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    edited June 2022
    I had a kidney transplant last , and left the hospital on Sunday. The hospital requested that I stay in a hotel two blocks away because I have frequent checkups (3 three times a week, so I am there now. My strength has started to return and today I did my first walk to the hospital and back, instead of taking as shuttle bus. I felt really proud of myself, but I needed to lay down for a while afterwards. :D I couldn't bring my computer with me because it's a big ol' tower, so I'm missing my games. I did bring my laptop, but no mouse, so right now my gaming is limited to a Pokemon emulator..