Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grungy kitchen cabinets

This is seriously something we need....especially with the new Werewolves pack. All our current kitchen cabinets look to bright and new and just dont fit the aesthetic at all.
So can we have some please??
I would love to see kitchen cabinets added to Handiness, maybe as an unlock item at lvl 10. Something in dark wood that matches the poorly made versions of chair/stool/toilet/etc we have now.

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    In the mean time, have you tried the BlandCo cabinet that's "used" for your builds? It it is dirty and grotey looking, just not broken with doors hanging off it or anything like that.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    The counters & cupboards from Country Kitchen is sortof grungy & can work with a Werewolves Kitchen. However, my concerned is that there needs to be an unsmashed version of kitchen appliances, so that it's Werewolf proof. Just a thought. ;)
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    edited June 2022
    I think its the fact that alot of the new wood textures and items in the game are natural wood tones or more realistic looking and the kitchen cabinets just dont fit. The Blandco ones are really bright and plasticky looking (and you get very few colours coz the grungy ones are City Living, not base game).
    The kit cabinets look more like expensive, artfully distressed ones....not the sort of handmade, salvaged ones that should of come with the Werewolves pack IMO.

I think adding them to the woodworking table (heck....even throwing some in the Eco dumpsters!) would work because the toilet, chair, stool and bath is exactly the kind of aesthetic that Im talking about.

You can build an entire house with a grungy, handmade, rags to riches vibe but the kitchen always stands out like a sore thumb!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    sorry but i have to disagree even if the werewolf pack is out a nice modern kitchen cabinet is always nice to see and i see nothing wrong with what is curently in game in term of kitchen cabinets
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    but thats kinda the point @friendlysimmers...... if you want a nice modern kitchen cabinet you do have plenty to choose from. If you want a beat, up old one with natural wood tones then you have nothing.
    More choice is surely a good thing?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    on this i can agree for exemple would love to see 1954 style cabinets like these in kitchens and laundry room that includes the counter top in the kitchen 1zQCmIx.jpgtIFWSWl.jpg think about it modern sims homes but with a slight touch of retro style can be in the shown colors or any colors the players would went in game sorry if i miss read your post @dogzdinner
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I use the cabinets from the Country Kitchen Kit. Some have the look of an older cabinet that look worn. Fits well with the grunge look from werewolves pack.