Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming EP: High School

Comments

• Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2022
    Well, I'm just waiting for confirmation or the hints to start so that I can get my happy dance on.
    giphy-downsized-large.gif
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited June 2022
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I hope they will bring back Pillow fight and sleeping bag.

Sleepovers would be very cool, too.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I hope we will have the option to rabbit hole high school just like we do universities because dragging of to university got old quick and I don’t see high school being any different. I still send my sims to uni, I just have them live at home now complete the requisites and ship them off by themselves because I can’t be bothered with it anymore.
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    I hope we will have the option to rabbit hole high school just like we do universities because dragging of to university got old quick and I don’t see high school being any different. I still send my sims to uni, I just have them live at home now complete the requisites and ship them off by themselves because I can’t be bothered with it anymore.

me too.
    It was fun playin' UNI at first but then I got bored quickly
    edited June 2022
    I’m also hoping they don’t make pre-teens 😬. It will be a whole separate clothing category that can’t share with another age group just like kids and toddlers and we will get almost nothing to chose from to dress them, just like kids and toddlers. I still get frustrated and feel a bit surprised at the lack of choices dressing kids and todds and every pack we get we might get 1 or 2 items maybe. Pre-teens will be no different

I’m all for fleshing out teens. Like make the acne from Parenthood base game and then make it autonomous, is that the right word? Where it’s a chance it appears on your teen automatically and they can react to it. Make the teeth with braces randomized and include moodlets about having them, that kind of thing in addition to to more teen centered activities. Like since we have slow dancing now we could have proms, bands would be fun both rock and the traditional high school type with tubas and all! It would be a fun way to bring in some new kinds of instruments. Choirs would be fun too, so would cheerleading and maybe rabbit hole football games that give teens moodlets based on wins or losses.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2022
    I’m also hoping they don’t make pre-teens 😬. It will be a whole separate clothing category that can’t share with another age group just like kids and toddlers and we will get almost nothing to chose from to dress them, just like kids and toddlers. I still get frustrated and feel a bit surprised at the lack of choices dressing kids and todds and every pack we get we might get 1 or 2 items maybe. Pre-teens will be no different

I’m all for fleshing out teens. Like make the acne from Parenthood base game and then make it autonomous, is that the right word? Where it’s a chance it appears on your teen automatically and they can react to it. Make the teeth with braces randomized and include moodlets about having them, that kind of thing in addition to to more teen centered activities. Like since we have slow dancing now we could have proms, bands would be fun both rock and the traditional high school type with tubas and all! It would be a fun way to bring in some new kinds of instruments. Choirs would be fun too, so would cheerleading and maybe rabbit hole football games that give teens moodlets based on wins or losses.

I agree with pre-teens not being included. I think they’ll either be the same size as children or worse teens. It would be difficult to see at a glance whose what age.
    New hairs and outfits would be needed and to start with it would be sparse.

I don’t want more things from packs being made for base game 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️. I’m not a fan of that. You can’t say no thanks 🙄.

I really like the idea of football ⚽️ and cheerleading. There could be a lot of storytelling in that. 🎉

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    It would be fun if they included "Puberty voice change" for the male teens.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    If the July date is true then I'm ok with it but a Summer EP or Refresh of Island Living is something I'd rather see.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited June 2022
    I hope if they include cliques we can make our own. I’d love to put a occult spin on things e.g. jock werewolves, gothic vampires, nerdy aliens, mermaids on the swim team etc. A tad stereotyped but it would be fun trying to break them! Like Mean Girls but with occults!
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    mewo13 wrote: »
    While I'm not particularly interested in playing an active high school (university is enough as it is), I'm interested in the Parenthood/Generations gameplay a pack like this could bring. Please, make teens more mischievous. I'm all for it. A popularity/Cool system, influence/peer pressure system, anything to add more drama lol. I hope they interact well with Parenthood. Teens should be able to sneak out, hide juice, struggle with fitting in and anxiety, etc.

Know what would be great? If we could make our own high school lots. American high schools are cultural icons across the globe but... What if we want to play a British boarding school, or a Japanese high school? I hope we get to customize our schools, down to it's uniform and school rules.

Yeah! We should have more than one high school. While I can accept one university, I can not accept one school, especially that we have a lot of different systems around the world. I don't want to have the same school for Willow Creek, Windenburg, Sulani and Mt Komorebi.

vvztq104d6p11.png?auto=webp&s=9c8bb4028079a1a90cb935ae2dcdc62c198b2a30

hxjij6oro2251.png?auto=webp&s=de8ecbbf097215381353f02531a3800de9355320

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Educational_stage
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,461 Member
    edited June 2022
    Sthenastia wrote: »

Gosh these European grading systems seem so random.

Teacher to a kid who just moved to another area:

“Kid, you got a 1 for maths!”

“OH NO MY DAD'S GONNA KILL ME!!!!”

“Don’t worry kid in this school it means that you passed with flying colors.”

“OH WOW! Why did the teachers give me such a hard time at the school in my old neighborhood when I received that 1 for English? I actually killed it! I should become a professor in English!”

“No no, kid you should NEVER become a professor in English. The 1 for English that you received at the school in your old neighborhood means that you screwed up very badly indeed, because in your old neighborhood the schools grade backwards. As a matter of fact, that 1 would have been a 5 in the school about 10 miles from here and that 5 would have been a 2 in the school exactly a 3 day walk from where you’re sitting right now. The school around the corner would’ve given you an O but in the east wing of that same school they would have awarded you an AA C+#. Kid get me another coffee please you’re asking too many questions.”

My goodness how can a map give me such anxiety? 😅

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member

Very interesting map. Nice to see how it differs between countries. I was only aware of the system in Belgium and Germany.

By the way in the Dutch version of the sims the grades are 'translated' as well. My sim children and teens are striving to get a 10 for many years.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Just give me orchestras instead of garage bands and I'll be happy.
    While I'm not particularly interested in playing an active high school (university is enough as it is), I'm interested in the Parenthood/Generations gameplay a pack like this could bring. Please, make teens more mischievous. I'm all for it. A popularity/Cool system, influence/peer pressure system, anything to add more drama lol. I hope they interact well with Parenthood. Teens should be able to sneak out, hide juice, struggle with fitting in and anxiety, etc.

Know what would be great? If we could make our own high school lots. American high schools are cultural icons across the globe but... What if we want to play a British boarding school, or a Japanese high school? I hope we get to customize our schools, down to it's uniform and school rules.

Yeah! We should have more than one high school. While I can accept one university, I can not accept one school, especially that we have a lot of different systems around the world. I don't want to have the same school for Willow Creek, Windenburg, Sulani and Mt Komorebi.

Good luck getting different school systems per town! That will never happen with their budget constraints, and the way the game is programmed. If this pack is real it will be one school system for all the worlds with the bulk of the focus being on teen centered extra curricular activities like cheerleading, band, proms/dances etc.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,667 Member
    I totally missed this hype, just found this thread. Hm... I don't really believe there will be a high school EP. Would it not be too similar to UNI? Who wants top buy the same EP twice? What we might need is more hobbies, and if HS was integrated, then fine. I also like having a split teenhood, it lasts way too long. But my biggest concern age wise is that sims get old enough to marry at 29!!! That is quite late - so, just adding pre-teen would make little sense in my book.

Well, now that I know there is a thread, I'll stop by regularly :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I totally missed this hype, just found this thread. Hm... I don't really believe there will be a high school EP. Would it not be too similar to UNI? Who wants top buy the same EP twice? What we might need is more hobbies, and if HS was integrated, then fine. I also like having a split teenhood, it lasts way too long. But my biggest concern age wise is that sims get old enough to marry at 29!!! That is quite late - so, just adding pre-teen would make little sense in my book.

Well, now that I know there is a thread, I'll stop by regularly :)

Yeah, they should focus on age stage/social focus since Discovery University is Academics focused.

I am so worried my sims might miss a presentation, miss homework, not have enough of the required skills, be late to class, be late to a final exam, accidentally plagiarize a term paper, that I am hyper focused on academics than I am on university life.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    “OH WOW! Why did the teachers give me such a hard time at the school in my old neighborhood when I received that 1 for English? I actually killed it! I should become a professor in English!”

...and despite what Harry Potter might teach, you'll never find a professor working in a school - professors are (I understand) exclusively department heads at universities, and their job is research-heavy.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,381 Member

...and despite what Harry Potter might teach, you'll never find a professor working in a school - professors are (I understand) exclusively department heads at universities, and their job is research-heavy.

We have professors in my country in high school, they have a uni degree in the subject they are teaching and many, if not all, actually have PhD degrees. Teachers are only for primary school.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,461 Member
    edited June 2022

Mmmm...this might be hard to believe but I know a thing or two about professors and they're not all department heads at Universities nor do all of them teach at Schools for Witchcraft and Wizardry -however-some of the ones I'm aquainted with do and are wizard at their job! Jobs. Job....🤔

...ehrr...

..at the work they do.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm…

I hope that they make it a school experience that is open enough to suit Windenburg, Mt Komorebi and other places. Leaning too heavily into prom and things like that would make it less interesting to me.

If there are several rabbit hole scenarios that you can chose from and one of them being prom then that would be ok. I hope there are many little things that you can add in order to make school suit the story that you are telling. If prom and choosing a dress would be one of the high points of the pack then it is not for me. Not the end of the world, so far I have gotten every expansion.

A clever use of rabbit holes could perhaps mean that one player can have the football, cheers and prom experience that I am not interested in and I could hopefully tailor my game towards something else. I would very much like to make an occult school of some variety if I was able.

I am spending pretty much all my time reading about werewolves. That is a pack that I have looked forward to for a long time and it looks so good. Still not convinced that a High School pack would add enough that would fit into my stories. Keeping my eyes on the pack, it could be a versatile and suit many different players, but I am not hyped.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022

I really doubt that they would do so many different school systems, especially since the Sims games are American-made and they have followed mostly American-media-cliche school stuff in the past, if the pattern is anything to go by.

Maybe some bits of customization for the school, so you can make some variations that are *similar* to some different cultural differences irl, but entirely whole multiple school systems? And for multiple worlds? Especially with the Sims 4’s more limited budget and resources compared to the past Sims games’ budgets and resources? I really doubt it.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • imelfamilyimelfamily Posts: 18 Member
    this would hopefully make the teen years a bit more fun.... I am noticing a lack of kids items - or different from before....
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,080 Member
    It's a shame my sim self's kids will never experience this expansion pack as they're all adults married with their own kids who are YA's now. I guess I better start working on generation three!