Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

July Patch Speculation 2022 (Patch Is Out)

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    High School is coming in June?? 2024??

Oops just fixed that to July.

That sounds still very early after the werewolf pack. I know there have been summer EPs, but on the other hand Maxis gets little attention during the vacation season, PCs are melting in heat waves and parents rather spend their money on holiday journeys.

Not everyone can afford holiday journeys, especially in this economy.

Even if we can afford it, some of us are still not keen on travelling, especially with kids, right now. Covid is up again in some areas. People have to assess their own comfort level, but I still wouldn't take my kids on a plane right now for anything in the world.

YMMV, but my youngest always really looks forward to gaming in the summer, since we limit gaming hours during the school year. Plus, you know, some of us are adults, and can't exactly take the whole summer off work, so we look forward to taking the little breaks we can when we're off, including playing TS4.

All this is true, but from a marketing perspective it would still be very strange to announce and release the major pack of the year in the middle of the summer break (after the "good grades money" has already been spent on Werewolves) and then to offer probably again nothing for Christmas (like in 2021). But we we will see, if High School comes out in July, we can expect the trailer this week.

I hope they don't repeat last year with no EP for Christmas as that's the one time a year when I have several days when I can play the game.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited June 2022

That sounds still very early after the werewolf pack. I know there have been summer EPs, but on the other hand Maxis gets little attention during the vacation season, PCs are melting in heat waves and parents rather spend their money on holiday journeys.

Even if we can afford it, some of us are still not keen on travelling, especially with kids, right now. Covid is up again in some areas. People have to assess their own comfort level, but I still wouldn't take my kids on a plane right now for anything in the world.

YMMV, but my youngest always really looks forward to gaming in the summer, since we limit gaming hours during the school year. Plus, you know, some of us are adults, and can't exactly take the whole summer off work, so we look forward to taking the little breaks we can when we're off, including playing TS4.

All this is true, but from a marketing perspective it would still be very strange to announce and release the major pack of the year in the middle of the summer break (after the "good grades money" has already been spent on Werewolves) and then to offer probably again nothing for Christmas (like in 2021). But we we will see, if High School comes out in July, we can expect the trailer this week.

I will agree with you that it was super weird that we didn't get anything in the lead up to the holidays last year. I hope we will get two EPs this year, but I fear we won't, so I can understand your point about that.

In my ideal world, we'd get GPs in February and October, EPs in both June and late November, and at least one SP somewhere in the mix, with kits (not all CAS) sprinkled in sparingly. But I'm probably out of luck.

ETA: if we don't get an EP until November, we will have gone 16 months without an EP at that point. That will be particularly disappointing for me if it is an "active school" pack, because that means that if it's another 16 months after that before we get another one, I will basically have three years without an EP that interests me. I still dearly love Cottage Living, but nothing is "don't need another EP for three years" good.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Hopefully body hair will come in the July update. Since they've now mentioned it and that it will be a base game update and mentioned it would be be coming "sooner than you think"
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • LeowyldLeowyld Posts: 73 Member
    edited June 2022
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Hopefully body hair will come in the July update. Since they've now mentioned it and that it will be a base game update and mentioned it would be be coming "sooner than you think"

Well, I think they missed that time frame, since many people thought it would definitely be part of a werewolf pack itself or the patch prior. Heh.

I'm not sure about the high school rumor - I'm about 50/50 on that. But, if it happens, it makes much more sense to be a September thing, thematically, for the start of school. But here we are with a monster like werewolves - I'd think October - in June, so release date doesn't always line up in a meaningful way.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Leowyld wrote: »
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

Well, I think they missed that time frame, since many people thought it would definitely be part of a werewolf pack itself or the patch prior. Heh.

I'm not sure about the high school rumor - I'm about 50/50 on that. But, if it happens, it makes much more sense to be a September thing, thematically, for the start of school. But here we are with a monster like werewolves - I'd think October - in June, so release date doesn't always line up in a meaningful way.

True, I was really hoping it would be the update last week as well. Since we know they're working on it and that it's going to be a base game update, at this point anyways, I will hope every month will be the month it comes, until we get it.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited June 2022
    JAL wrote: »
    I have to be honest, I have stopped believing in an attraction system. When it wasn't introduced with the wedding pack, I gave up on hoping for it. I would be delighted to be proven wrong though.

As for a possible high school EP, if it comes at all (I do not trust anything until there is official confirmation), and IF it comes this summer I'm thinking August/September, when school starts would be more likely. But then again, I could be wrong. With the new roadmap not being announced until July it feels rushed with hoping for anything big in July.

Remember they ve hinted at online dating with Ring Ring Girl and a reply to someone who ask about it saying they better get their sim to swipe again. With online dating will come an attraction system.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Leowyld wrote: »

Yeah, you never know what content will come out when, lol! 😄 Werewolves are like, “It’s summertime! Time to go wild and hunt and go camping! Awhoooo!”

Oh, school starts in August here (a very far south US state), so…
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    Tomorrow is the Barbecue SDX!!!!
  • JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    edited June 2022

When I was a kid, the summer was always my gaming time as well. I didn't have a lot of free time during the school year, but the summer was the definition of free time. It never made any sense to me when people said they avoid summer releases because kids aren't available then since summer break is explicitly when they have a break. I used to even remember which summer was which by the games I played that year.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    No R&B on the list?! Oh... my... GOD!! No no no no noooo!!
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited June 2022
    Patch speculation:
    - Body hair
    - Bug fixes (incl. the annoying DU bug with over 100 text messages for one event of the Foxbury university, happening SAT 11 a.m.)
    - Backpacks (one version, more to come in the new High School EP, can be carried by teens and up)
    - New interaction: sit on the ground while chatting
    - B/B update: new lot type "school" (will function similar to a library for ppl without HS)
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member

True, and most families can only take a 2 or 3 week vacation at the most anyway ( at least in the U.S. ). Prices of food, gas, and airline flights have gone up so much, many families may choose to spend vacations close to home. Besides, like someone else mentioned Covid cases are increasing, so some will be staying home either because they have Covid, or because they don’t want to get it. And if people end up going off I expect many children would take their laptops if they have them.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Hoping for an attraction system. Its what we miss for our sims to finally have complete personalities.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I saw base game update on the road map, I hope it includes body hairs and it would be pretty awesome if it was cars.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I guess Stuff Packs really are no more. :(

Further confirmation that kits are substituting the other packs.

I at least hope the EP is a solid pack. I'm hopeful but I'll keep my expectations low until we know more.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Well...
    RIP Stuff packs 😭
    Next Expansion will probably get announced Next Week.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member

I at least hope the EP is a solid pack. I'm hopeful but I'll keep my expectations low until we know more.

You are right, another road map without stuff packs. :( the last few stuff packs were really good. I would love some more stuff packs over time. it is a shame they are replaced with nothing but kits with zero gameplay.
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I really hope since we're getting an expansion solely about teens that they finally get their appearance changed. They need to look different from adults and maybe be shorter finally so we can tell a distinct difference. They also need to have face acne that isn't just a CAS asset. I'm excited just hope they do something about that.
  • nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member

Oh Kits are definitely a replacement for the Stuff Packs (and, I predict, are here to stay for the next Sims iteration). I think the SPs might only come back for another brand deal, a la Moschino, though I do wish they come back eventually.

Un/fortunately too, the Gameplay Kits have totally stopped because of the bad press around the first (and only one so far). I suppose Gameplay Kits have been reabsorbed into the Game Packs, probably for the better. Had the small/regular-sized telescope been a Kit on its own, there would be chaos XD
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I know I said it on another post, but I'm super excited to know what the patch is going to be. Wonder if we'll get a heads up of what's coming in the patch.
    WbUrFQm.png