Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wishlist- Australia themed GP or EP

Learn to surf, sail, and scuba dive while avoiding terrifying and potentially deadly creatures.

Ideally there would be a city style neighborhood with a man made beach/lagoon in it. Lots of green space/parks/splash pads. New lot type Aquarium and or zoo.

Another neighborhood that takes you to something like Uluru with glamping, hiking, and camel rides.

A third neighborhood on a beautiful beach.

Comments

• GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    Learn to surf, sail, and scuba dive while avoiding terrifying and potentially deadly creatures.

Ideally there would be a city style neighborhood with a man made beach/lagoon in it. Lots of green space/parks/splash pads. New lot type Aquarium and or zoo.

Another neighborhood that takes you to something like Uluru with glamping, hiking, and camel rides.

A third neighborhood on a beautiful beach.

As an Australian I'd be wary of anything in any game that gave off any false impressions of what is actually allowed at somewhere like Uluru. Camel tours and walking/hiking trails are definitely part of Uluru. Camping isn't allowed within the National Park boundaries though. A Sims Australian pack could recreate one of the resorts, holiday apartments and/or designated campsites outside the National Park though.

Definitely would need different areas (eg suburban beach, city, bush/outback) to give a proper Australian feel. It'd be cool if they got actual Australian folks to design the worlds and houses, etc, as well.

With swimming at the beach you could make it so that if a player has the seasons pack different times of the year are higher risk for death by shark. You could also have rockpool areas where a Sim can decide whether or not to remove any creatures or rocks, but there's a risk of either a fine or potential death from something like the blue ringed octopus. Also actual usable sunscreen, with optional hat and t-shirt on top of usual bathers would be good too. You could complete the experience with a shark spotter plane & a random shark alarm, where the residents of the area just casually stroll out of the water, and the tourists go into a panic. B)
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Thank you for your insight. As I'm sure you guessed I am not Australian. I did try to convince my husband to move there but alas I was denied so I hope to live vicariously through my sims.
    I 100% agree that EA should get Australian designers to work on such a world. I love your ideas and would want an Australian world to feel authentic.
    My idea for glamping near Uluru came from the Longitude 131 resort, I'm being a bit of a dreamer. There is something beautiful about the idea of dining under the stars with Uluru(Ayers?) in the background.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2022
    I think an Australia-themed world would fit with a horses pack. The Australian Outback has wide plains perfect for horse riding. Maybe we could get ostriches/emus as a new farm animal alongside horses!

Maybe a remote outback town with horse ranches and Uluru in the background?
    outback-towns-in-australia.jpg
    You could also discover a ghost town with NPC ghosts via horse riding!
    a256aFi.gif
    I would totally have an Ostrich farm if I could. My llamas would be so jealous.

I really want to see more animals like in Cottage Living! Australia has so many unique animals.
    Kangaroos, koalas, emus, platypuses... Imagine kangaroos jumping around the world!
    a256aFi.gif
    edited June 2022

I really want to see more animals like in Cottage Living! Australia has so many unique animals.
    Kangaroos, koalas, emus, platypuses... Imagine kangaroos jumping around the world!

Possibly little known fact, male platypuses are venomous. They have venomous barbs on their hind legs, which won't kill you but are incredibly painful if you get jabbed by them. Also Echidnas are awesome, Wombats are way tougher than you think (but still cute), and male Kangaroos can balance their entire weight on the end of their tails during mating battles.

I think an Australia-themed world would fit with a horses pack. The Australian Outback has wide plains perfect for horse riding. Maybe we could get ostriches/emus as a new farm animal alongside horses!

Maybe a remote outback town with horse ranches and Uluru in the background?
    outback-towns-in-australia.jpg
    You could also discover a ghost town with NPC ghosts via horse riding!

I hadn't really considered horses for an Australian themed pack. I really want horses back but I think something inspired by Montana or Colorado with the whole ranch experience would be exciting, maybe a ranch themed GP.

Exploring a ghost town sounds awesome.
    Horses could definitely work for an Australian pack if you included a cattle station area, perhaps even a new career as a stockmen starting at Jack/Jillaroo level. This is Anna Creek Station, largest cattle ranch (station) in the world. It's more than seven times larger than King Ranch in Texas, and also larger than Israel. These days I believe cattle is mostly mustered by stockmen on motorbikes, guided by light aircraft, so you could even potentially include horses and motorbikes as a new addition in a pack.

ej3i1Yn.jpg

e5XEH02.jpg

Horses could definitely work for an Australian pack if you included a cattle station area, perhaps even a new career as a stockmen starting at Jack/Jillaroo level. This is Anna Creek Station, largest cattle ranch (station) in the world. It's more than seven times larger than King Ranch in Texas, and also larger than Israel. These days I believe cattle is mostly mustered by stockmen on motorbikes, guided by light aircraft, so you could even potentially include horses and motorbikes as a new addition in a pack.

ej3i1Yn.jpg

e5XEH02.jpg

That's awesome, I had no idea.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

ej3i1Yn.jpg

e5XEH02.jpg

That looks quite barren, I am surprised they find enough grass to eat and be able to farm cattle on such large scale.
    Motorbikes would be sooo cool! And could fit into an Australian Outback world.

Or a scooter like in Sims 3 World Adventures!
    https://youtu.be/PPxRiGxcvsE
    a256aFi.gif