Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

July Patch Speculation 2022 (Patch Is Out)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
This is possibly going to be a Pre EP Patch Update if rumors are true about High School Coming in July. Hopefully this patch will bring cars to the base game since a High School Pack may come with cars. We'll see. I also hope it brings an Online Dating App and Attraction Feature. There will probabley be tons of Bug Fixes and some tuning of stuff like the werewolves howling in CAS every 15 seconds.

On a side note were finally getting ribs,fish fry and collard greens recipes on the grill with a new SDX coming June 23rd. I've been wanting barbecue ribs in the Sims 4 for the longest. Now we can say were having a true barbecue on the grill.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited June 2022
    still wishing attraction system be base game if it ever arrives as people don't only romance in high school

only pack it would have made sense to me was wedding pack really
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    High School is coming in June?? 2024??
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Ooh, nice! I always love the additions of new food (and free new clothing, of course)!! 😀👍
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    We want R&B station
    We want R&B station
    We want R&B station
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    We want R&B station
    We want R&B station
    We want R&B station

I’m still surprised that there hasn’t been one yet, so I hope we will get one someday, too! :smile:
    (She/her)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Oops just fixed that to July.

That sounds still very early after the werewolf pack. I know there have been summer EPs, but on the other hand Maxis gets little attention during the vacation season, PCs are melting in heat waves and parents rather spend their money on holiday journeys.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member

That sounds still very early after the werewolf pack. I know there have been summer EPs, but on the other hand Maxis gets little attention during the vacation season, PCs are melting in heat waves and parents rather spend their money on holiday journeys.

But a very large amount of kids get money for bringing home good grades or just passing and I am sure EAxis wants some of that money. >:)

I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited June 2022
    Erja888 wrote: »

But a very large amount of kids get money for bringing home good grades or just passing and I am sure EAxis wants some of that money. >:)

and there is always lots of bored kids that don't get to go on holiday journeys cause their parents aren't holiday journey people
    are we gonna pretend there was no summer vacation you spent playing sims instead of socializing cause for me there sure was many
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I still want Fairies & Genies. However what I really need is the Base to finally get a full refresh & completely fixed up of the following:
    Ground Garden Plants
    Permanent Plantsims
    Non-Object Playable Babies
    Spiral Stairs
    Heartshape Bed
    Careers that can be live played
    Sylan Glade be livable
    Hidden Cave be livable
    Ghosts can possess living sims
    Ect, ect, ect...
    I did some research and found that only one TS4 Ep was released in July: Cottage Living, July 22nd 2021. The reveal trailer for this pack already dropped on 10th June. I don't see a High School trailer coming next week, only 7 days after werewolves and together with the barbecue SDX. The EP will probably come in October/November like most other EPs.
  • plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 128 Member
    I think this patch's gonna be an update for the new expansion pack and we're gonna get a whims update and body hair, maybe new content for the story progression system. I desperately wish an Atracction system but I don't believe it is in the upcoming update..
    I did some research and found that only one TS4 Ep was released in July: Cottage Living, July 22nd 2021. The reveal trailer for this pack already dropped on 10th June. I don't see a High School trailer coming next week, only 7 days after werewolves and together with the barbecue SDX. The EP will probably come in October/November like most other EPs.

Last year the fiscal months were different. This year our next roadmap will be announced in July. Last year it was June thru August or September. This is why a trailer hasn't been announced yet but aside from that High School isn't confirmed yet. It's a rumor due to a possible leak.
    edited June 2022
    I feel that there may be some patches for the new pack and the major EP would be more in the fall time after some kits.
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    (She/her)
    I feel that there may be some patches for the new pack and the major EP would be more in the fall time after some kits.

I don't know cause the leaks keep listing July.
    edited June 2022

I don't know cause the leaks keep listing July.

It doesn’t sound like people are sure if the picture is real, or if the game website with the picture is reliable, though? I thought someone mentioned that the background looked like somewhere in Sims 3? Has that website leaked the other packs before? (I would love to know, so I can be excited!)

Also, wasn’t it just a survey? Has everything in the surveys so far been released?

Don’t get me wrong. I do hope it is a leak, so we can get an EP soon! 😁

I am just waiting to see more concrete leak information.
    (She/her)
    Picture is probably a placeholder.
    Picture is probably a placeholder.

Ah, that makes sense! :smile: I would be very excited once there is more info about the pack. Hopefully, more stuff to learn soon! *crosses fingers*
    (She/her)
    I'm very excited about the barbecue sdx.

New recipes I've noticed
    Corn on the cob
    Lemon slices
    Barbecue ribs
    Collard greens
    Fried fish
    New Soda(?) I don't think we have those in the base game.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    I'm very excited about the barbecue sdx.

New recipes I've noticed
    Corn on the cob
    Lemon slices
    Barbecue ribs
    Collard greens
    Fried fish
    New Soda(?) I don't think we have those in the base game.

Agreed. The BBQ SDX looks great and I think you're right about the new canned soda pops everyone is drinking. I'm hoping that the next road map will be summer themed so maybe we will get a pool stuff pack or kit to go with all that yummy BBQ food? :smiley:
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    edited June 2022
    This is possibly going to be a Pre EP Patch Update if rumors are true about High School Coming in July. Hopefully this patch will bring cars to the base game since a High School Pack may come with cars. We'll see. I also hope it brings an Online Dating App and Attraction Feature. There will probabley be tons of Bug Fixes and some tuning of stuff like the werewolves howling in CAS every 15 seconds.

On a side note were finally getting ribs,fish fry and collard greens recipes on the grill with a new SDX coming June 23rd. I've been wanting barbecue ribs in the Sims 4 for the longest. Now we can say were having a true barbecue on the grill.

Why is there never an option to decline a delivery? 🤷🏼‍♂️😭.
    That’s what they need to patch in. The ability to decline a delivery.
    No I don’t want my Sims automatically cooking ribs or new fish stuff along with either burgers or tofu things.
    I have only used a few items from these drops and the rest just sit there. It’s so frustrating. 🙄

I hope if cars do come with High School, learning to drive and the school run get added. Also a yellow school bus 🚌 ! 🙏

Online dating would be nice but I remember in TS3 eventually everyone got added. Even married Sims! 😱😂.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

Why is there never an option to decline a delivery? 🤷🏼‍♂️😭.
    That’s what they need to patch in. The ability to decline a delivery.
    No I don’t want my Sims automatically cooking ribs or new fish stuff along with either burgers or tofu things.
    I have only used a few items from these drops and the rest just sit there. It’s so frustrating. 🙄

I hope if cars do come with High School, learning to drive and the school run get added. Also a yellow school bus 🚌 ! 🙏

Online dating would be nice but I remember in TS3 eventually everyone got added. Even married Sims! 😱😂.

There's nothing wrong with the fish and ribs, they look perfectly fine and edible. The potato salad smells funny though. :smiley:
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

Not everyone can afford holiday journeys, especially in this economy.

Even if we can afford it, some of us are still not keen on travelling, especially with kids, right now. Covid is up again in some areas. People have to assess their own comfort level, but I still wouldn't take my kids on a plane right now for anything in the world.

YMMV, but my youngest always really looks forward to gaming in the summer, since we limit gaming hours during the school year. Plus, you know, some of us are adults, and can't exactly take the whole summer off work, so we look forward to taking the little breaks we can when we're off, including playing TS4.
  • JALJAL Posts: 999 Member
    I have to be honest, I have stopped believing in an attraction system. When it wasn't introduced with the wedding pack, I gave up on hoping for it. I would be delighted to be proven wrong though.

As for a possible high school EP, if it comes at all (I do not trust anything until there is official confirmation), and IF it comes this summer I'm thinking August/September, when school starts would be more likely. But then again, I could be wrong. With the new roadmap not being announced until July it feels rushed with hoping for anything big in July.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
    Amapola76 wrote: »

Not everyone can afford holiday journeys, especially in this economy.

Even if we can afford it, some of us are still not keen on travelling, especially with kids, right now. Covid is up again in some areas. People have to assess their own comfort level, but I still wouldn't take my kids on a plane right now for anything in the world.

YMMV, but my youngest always really looks forward to gaming in the summer, since we limit gaming hours during the school year. Plus, you know, some of us are adults, and can't exactly take the whole summer off work, so we look forward to taking the little breaks we can when we're off, including playing TS4.

All this is true, but from a marketing perspective it would still be very strange to announce and release the major pack of the year in the middle of the summer break (after the "good grades money" has already been spent on Werewolves) and then to offer probably again nothing for Christmas (like in 2021). But we we will see, if High School comes out in July, we can expect the trailer this week.