Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 HIGH SCHOOL features & ideas we want to see!

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant You left out Drama Club.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 292 Member
    edited June 2022
    Just really want to see more active gameplay for teens feel there is way too much rabbit hole for teens, I guess for family play that can be fine to just send teens of into rabbit holes and then do other stuff. But after they allowed teens households out on their own I feel like down time in gameplay playing as teen sim just too much. There need to be more active stuff for teens even their part time job options are all rabbit holes.

EDIT: Also with teens being able to live out on their own I think some student living apartments would be nice feature.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant You left out Drama Club.

Drama Club is already a thing in Get Famous
    a256aFi.gif
    edited June 2022
    Teen hangouts
    In the new world there should be places for teens to hang out at after school.

Arcade
    R1Xei-1599596092-1558-lists-arcade_header.jpg
    Bring back the arcade from Sims 3! A place where teens can hang out and play arcade games.

Junkyard
    maxresdefault.jpg
    A junkyard for teens to hang out like in Life is Strange for more alternative Sims. We don’t have a junkyard yet in Sims 4. With broken cars, broken fridges, old couches and even a boat.

School Swimming Pool
    Montgomery-20120827-00368.jpg
    The school‘s pool is a place where swimming sessions take place and teens can hang out at.
    Teens can also sneak into the school’s pool at night
    a256aFi.gif
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    MsMay wrote: »
    Whoopee cushions: to pranks any sims by putting cushions on any chairs (if they don’t get caught by other sims), if you lucky, chances of other sims will sit down without knowing the cushion is there, & hearing the noise from it, will be embarrassed & confused of what happen.
    School locker: Just like chests, to be able to put homework, school projects, & items in & out the locker.
    Year books: to be able to had teens to write down & thinking about their memories with friends, any sims, or anything they did in school before they graduate.

Omg girl forgot the yearbooks, also class rings.

I had forgotten the existence of class rings. My mother had one from the 1960s back when graduating high school was a much bigger deal rather than a baseline requirement. I dimly now remember seeing ad fliers for them in my high school, but nobody I knew ordered one, not even kids whose parents made 6 figures. I think no one wanted to spend that much on something they wouldn't be caught dead in a day after graduation, but it must have been something more to be proud of in my mother's era.

Not faulting anyone who wants them in the game or cherishes their own in real life.

I just always imagined them along with letterman jackets, sock hops, and stuff like from Grease or Happy Days. Wondering if they are still a done thing in places other than where I went to high school?

Lockers seem to be dying out as well: they get smaller and smaller, and when the passing period is cut too short to spend time fooling with a combination, nobody bothers with them anymore. You can't fit a. Coat or jacket in them let alone have ones a person could fit in like those movies and shows where the bully shoves someone into a locker.. can't do that when it's only 6 inches wide and 18 inches tall.

But when lunch is 15 minutes and half that time is getting through the line and running to the bathroom because you can't go between classes with a 4 or 3 minute passing period, nobody uses lockers then either so they just carry everything in their backpack all day, and the ridiculously tiny lockers with no time to use them, become useless decor.

I sure hope it's better than that, in a lot of other places.

Love your fighting spirit @babykittyjade about wanting to have the opportunity to play SimsBehavingBadly but for all the reasons you mentioned and plenty more, it is likely a dream our of reach for us all except in mods. Thank goodness for mods.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Teen hangouts

Arcade
    Bring back the arcade from Sims 3! A place where teens can hang out and play arcade games.

Junkyard
    maxresdefault.jpg
    A junkyard for teens to hang out like in Life is Strange for more alternative Sims. We don’t have a junkyard yet in Sims 4. With broken cars, broken fridges, old couches and even a boat.

School Swimming Pool
    The school‘s pool is a place where swimming sessions take place and teens can hang out at.

Sadly, pools are not a standard feature in schools. There were no swimming pools in any high schools where I went, even the richest school that had its own movie theater didn't have its own pool. Maybe insurance reasons? Who knows.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Teen hangouts

Arcade

Junkyard
    maxresdefault.jpg

School Swimming Pool

Sadly, pools are not a standard feature in schools. There were no swimming pools in any high schools where I went, even the richest school that had its own movie theater didn't have its own pool. Maybe insurance reasons? Who knows.

Where I live every high school has a pool and there are swimming classes there.

It can be a seperate lot from the high school or directly connected to the school.
    a256aFi.gif
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    The highschool beside my primary school in Jamaica had a swimming pool. So it wouldn't be that far off for highschools in non American countries like Jamaica. I never got to experience highschool in Jamaica so I only know the Canadian highschool experience. But my primary school had clubs and stuff like field days. This is apparently a British thing too but we had houses and every student was put into a house and they stayed in the same house for the entirety of the time they are at the school. Would be cool to have boarding schools with houses and each house has a different colour uniform. They could have stuff like field/sports day where the houses compete against each other.

We were also seperated into classes by our grades. I think when I talked with another jamaican it's not a universal thing in every school there. One thing I remember is that at my highschool in canada we had advanced math classes. In 9th grade we were automatically put into it if our grades were high enough but there was an advanced version of most subjects for higher grades.

Some special classes my highschool had was drama, mechanics, fashion, music, food & nutrition, electronics, graphic design, wood working, computer science, and welding.

A friend told me that highschools in Jamaica have farming and cooking classes.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I wouldn't mind a Canadian High School version of:
    Pretty in Pink, Breakfast Club, Grease, Teen Wolf & X-Men's Mutant High.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    MsMay wrote: »
    Whoopee cushions: to pranks any sims by putting cushions on any chairs (if they don’t get caught by other sims), if you lucky, chances of other sims will sit down without knowing the cushion is there, & hearing the noise from it, will be embarrassed & confused of what happen.
    School locker: Just like chests, to be able to put homework, school projects, & items in & out the locker.
    Year books: to be able to had teens to write down & thinking about their memories with friends, any sims, or anything they did in school before they graduate.

Omg girl forgot the yearbooks, also class rings.

I had forgotten the existence of class rings. My mother had one from the 1960s back when graduating high school was a much bigger deal rather than a baseline requirement. I dimly now remember seeing ad fliers for them in my high school, but nobody I knew ordered one, not even kids whose parents made 6 figures. I think no one wanted to spend that much on something they wouldn't be caught dead in a day after graduation, but it must have been something more to be proud of in my mother's era.

Not faulting anyone who wants them in the game or cherishes their own in real life.

I just always imagined them along with letterman jackets, sock hops, and stuff like from Grease or Happy Days. Wondering if they are still a done thing in places other than where I went to high school?

Lockers seem to be dying out as well: they get smaller and smaller, and when the passing period is cut too short to spend time fooling with a combination, nobody bothers with them anymore. You can't fit a. Coat or jacket in them let alone have ones a person could fit in like those movies and shows where the bully shoves someone into a locker.. can't do that when it's only 6 inches wide and 18 inches tall.

But when lunch is 15 minutes and half that time is getting through the line and running to the bathroom because you can't go between classes with a 4 or 3 minute passing period, nobody uses lockers then either so they just carry everything in their backpack all day, and the ridiculously tiny lockers with no time to use them, become useless decor.

I sure hope it's better than that, in a lot of other places.

Love your fighting spirit @babykittyjade about wanting to have the opportunity to play SimsBehavingBadly but for all the reasons you mentioned and plenty more, it is likely a dream our of reach for us all except in mods. Thank goodness for mods.

That's because rings got expensive as heck it was either buy a year book or buy a class ring, a lot of people chose yearbook only a few I know had bought class rings and they had jobs. Same thing with the lettermen jacket. Nowadays everything just expensive probably even renting out a locker is expensive which sucks.

Anyways more ideas what about study buddy when let's say you would like to study with your sibling or best friend or bf and gf they get to study together. Then there's a study group where a group studies together I miss that about Sims 2 uni.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    In my country there is usually a 10 minute break between classes and in that time you need to use the bathroom, eat a sandwich (if you brought one with you), change class if you have some science class that's being held in a science lab, or change into the sports clothes for PE class. There are no lockers, you just bring what you need for the day ahead in your school bag. Young kids nowadays have trolley type school bags because they are usually too big and heavy to carry on their back. As a keepsake, traditionally people just take a class picture with their teachers at the end of the year or when graduating. Sports is usually speed running or gymnastics type exercises, and for music there's choir if you can sing and music theory if you can't sing. They sometimes organize summer camp during summer vacation and there's usually a field trip on June 1st to some museum, theater, or factory if it falls on a week day.
    edited June 2022
    I really want to see a swimming pool for high schools, with afterschool swimming classes, as an alternative sport activity to the stereotypical American Football we all know and love from high school movies.

EJxSIsvXsAUhe43.jpg
    pool.jpg

With diving boards (like above) that can use the animation from Get Together‘s diving platforms.
    a256aFi.gif
    Science experiments that go wrong would also be cool in a High School pack!
    Science-Lab.png
    a256aFi.gif
    I really want to see a swimming pool for high schools, with afterschool swimming classes, as an alternative sport activity to the stereotypical American Football we all know and love from high school movies.

EJxSIsvXsAUhe43.jpg
    pool.jpg

With diving boards (like above) that can use the animation from Get Together‘s diving platforms.

Yo remember that tall diving board in Sims 1 and 2 bring that back you know.
    Science experiments that go wrong would also be cool in a High School pack!
    Science-Lab.png

That would be awesome then it can affect the Sims mood and may even temporarily turn their skin a different color. Haha.
    I want to see Sims drive to high school with a yellow school bus! Like in every other Sims game!
    8-E3-AB5-DB-E902-4115-9-C98-B506789-E0-ECE.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    What about car restoration? New spot for woohoo/mess around?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I want to see Sims drive to high school with a yellow school bus! Like in every other Sims game!

That may be how it was in the sims, but it's not a universal reality, even in the US. My HS (30+ years ago) and my Kid's HS (5 years ago) both offered Student Passes for the public transit system rather than busing. Granted, we live somewhere that has good public transit, which isn't universal even in urban US areas.
    edited June 2022
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

That may be how it was in the sims, but it's not a universal reality, even in the US. My HS (30+ years ago) and my Kid's HS (5 years ago) both offered Student Passes for the public transit system rather than busing. Granted, we live somewhere that has good public transit, which isn't universal even in urban US areas.

There isn‘t a public transit system in Oasis Springs or Willow Creek, so buses would make sense! Also it‘s perfect for Storytelling. The way Sims just disappear into thin air is ruining the immersion and storytelling. All previous Sims titles do it better, even Sims 1 has school buses!
    maxresdefault.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

There isn‘t a public transit system in Oasis Springs or Willow Creek, so buses would make sense! Also it‘s perfect for Storytelling. The way Sims just disappear into thin air is ruining the immersion and storytelling. All previous Sims titles do it better, even Sims 1 has school buses!
    maxresdefault.jpg

What's wrong with sims riding their bikes to school? I've never been in a school bus myself, and I've had classmates riding their skate boards to school. But that was in the nineties, nowadays electric scooters are quite popular, maybe sims could ride electric scooters to school. And bicycles.

maxresdefault.jpg

But it can be that random bench sitting by the street I think it's a bus stop it looks like bus stop with a sign.
    Also we can have student of the season instead of Student of the month. We can events at school, bake sale, PTA meeting, school play (rabbit hole.) Volunteer to boost grades. Also have after school like the scouts club, like sports and such. Add scouts activities with the schooling.

I'm quoting myself if y'all don't mind but I'm adding a little more to the PTA ideas I have some stay home mom's and they need stuff to do other then clean the house. So also we need voting system of PTA parents of who can be president and don't forget the drama because they are full of drama as well.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited June 2022
    • Food fight (TS2)
    • Pillow fight (TS2, TS3)
    • Sleeping bag (TS3)
    • Skateboard (use like a bike)
    • Uniform
    • Food truck (TS3)
    • Ice cream truck (TS3)
    • High school : Dressing code
    • Cheerleading
    • Occult Research Club
    • Play catch / Toss ball (Baseball and football) (TS2, TS3)
    • Pinball
    • Venue : Arcade (TS3)
    • Venue : Fastfood
    • Venue : Movie Theater
    • Comic books (TS3)
    • Preparing High school plays and musicals

18346710.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    edited June 2022
    Boarding school

Similar to a dorm but with rules to teach Character Values.
    Different profiles of teacher could be in charge everyday, some of them are strict and others are cool.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    edited June 2022
    Protest !!!

"Grilled Cheese Everyday !!!"

The French teens like to protest ... as long as they can skip one day of school or avoid a test :p