Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Food filter/sorting

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but I haven't seen anything about it so here goes..

With all these new food additions I really feel like we need a better way to sort and filter food. When my sims fire up the grill I become overwhelmed by all the options. It is also tedious to scroll through the list of food when choosing the "Cook..." option from the fridge. The only way to sort food then is by name, price, and skill-level, and I don't think that's enough.

It would be great to:
1. Get a pop-up menu when grilling, just like when choosing "Cook..." from the fridge.
2. Have a better sorting-system within the pop-up menu. For example being able to filter out food that isn't vegetarian, or maybe filter by categories just like when creating a menu for restaurants. It would also be nice to filter out "breakfast", "lunch", and "dinner" options, because sometimes I want to have breakfast reeeeally late, and in the game it has switched to "make lunch" and I want to use "cook" to find suitable breakfast-options.

I really do like the new foods that we get, I just feel like I'm having a hard time getting an overview and I always go back to my standard casserole :s
/ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ ノ

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    I agree, the menu options are many and not very organized. I would love if we could get a filter like in cook books, by main ingredient, like pork, chicken, fish, pasta, deserts, breads, etc. I would also love an option to filter food by categories like Italian, Mexican, Japanese, International, soul food, fast food, vegetarian, lactose free, BBQ, microwave, appetizers, soups, main course, dessert etc. I would also love an option for household favourites that I can easily chose from whatever dish the sims will cook, or at least the option to apply a filter and save it so I don't need to filter through the whole cookbook every time I need to cook something. Also would be nice to have a BBQ skill, with top level being a grill master and sim would be able to grill a whole turkey or chicken on the grill.