Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Minor improvements for occults

MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
edited June 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Since the werewolves were finally released, I have a short list of improvements for them and vampires & spellcasters in the future update.

1. Fix the XP/ability gain issue in the progress bar for spellcasters and werewolves. It is often stuck and won't reward any points.
2. Give werewolves some sort of continuously gaining XP. Vampires have research of vampire lore on computers, and spellcasters have experimentation with cauldrons and practicing magic.
3. Give vampires and spellcasters the same ability as you did werewolves, where we can trade additional ability points that can't be used (since we maxed everything in the tree) for something, like lifetime points for example.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    edited June 2022
    If they did a refresh of RoM, I would like more spells, some with negative applications. The spells, overall, are a little too friendly. I also think curses should be cast-able as part of the mischief and untamed skill trees, as well as accidental. For additional negative consequences, any higher level magic use should come at a cost to the Spellcasters health status with a decrease in energy and an unwell buff requiring some recovery time once they are past the overcharge risk and have the perks. I would also like to see autonomous magic use on the home lot (especially for practical magic) with a lot trait to allow it in select areas.

I don’t have any real preferences for Vampires, except to undo the nerf through a toggle so they can freely menace the world.
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    edited June 2022
    cyncie wrote: »
    If they did a refresh of RoM, I would like more spells, some with negative applications.

Have you met the Night Wraith?? ....talk about your negative applications!LOL

Im fairly happy with vampire and spellcaster systems, although the worlds and lore are pretty lacking.
    What we really need is a refresh of Mermaids. They really need some sort of talent system to bring them in line with the rest of occults and make them more interesting to play.

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    cyncie wrote: »
    If they did a refresh of RoM, I would like more spells, some with negative applications.

Have you met the Night Wraith?? ....talk about your negative applications!LOL

Im fairly happy with vampire and spellcaster systems, although the worlds and lore are pretty lacking.
    What we really need is a refresh of Mermaids. They really need some sort of talent system to bring them in line with the rest of occults and make them more interesting to play.

And the aliens too! I really hope they update Sixam to be liveable/skill tree and for mermaids to get… well… everything the other occults have. As much as I want aliens improved mermaids were definitely given the least. It’s like being slapped with a cold fish every time I play with them!
  • MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    edited June 2022
    • Spellcasters and Vampires lore need an overhaul.
    • More interactions for toddlers and kids.
    • more clothes for toddlers and kids that fit the themes.
    • I love the ROM furniture, but oh my do they need a wood swatch update.
    • Add the restriction option of seeing them in other words.
    • Make break-ins by NPC vampires optional (I mostly miss them, but that one time it happens it is in my more normal save).
    • Add more standard swatches to CAS and BB so they can be mixed more.
    • Give them pre-made hot and cold clothes.
    • For the social "confess fear for vampires" etc, to actually do something
    • Add occults to likes and dislikes.
    Post edited by MarleyTheWizard on
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Something for other occult kids would be great! Wish you could perform magic for your children just for entertainment.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited June 2022
    Something for other occult kids would be great! Wish you could perform magic for your children just for entertainment.

Yes yes yes! I would honestly play occult families more often if occult kids could actually do occult things! Im glad that they gave werewolf children more to do (I mean for heavens sake the babies can howl!) and I'd love if it expanded to the rest of them.

For the spellcaster kids...
    • Being able to perform very basic magic.
    • Having their own toy/practice wands and/or being able to play with their parent's wand.
    • Parents can teach them magic.
    • Pretend magic fights!
    • Summon a new toy with magic.
    • Be able to talk about magic with other spellcaster sims.
    • Get moodlets over seeing impressive magic and hoping that one day they'll be able to do the same.

For the vamp kids,
    • Able to eat plasma fruit and drink the packs. Why they cant do this in the first place is beyond me.
    • "Pretend bite" other kids as a mean interaction.
    • Have fangs in CAS.
    • Have positive moodlets when they are outside at night.
    • Hiss when angry.

For the mer-kids,
    • Having scales in CAS
    • Distaste for eating fish meals.
    • Positive moodlets for being outside in the rain and swimming.
    • Increased motor skill gain when swimming.
    • Random dolphin noises!
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

Yes yes yes! I would honestly play occult families more often if occult kids could actually do occult things! Im glad that they gave werewolf children more to do (I mean for heavens sake the babies can howl!) and I'd love if it expanded to the rest of them.

For the spellcaster kids...
    • Being able to perform very basic magic.
    • Having their own toy/practice wands and/or being able to play with their parent's wand.
    • Parents can teach them magic.
    • Pretend magic fights!
    • Summon a new toy with magic.
    • Be able to talk about magic with other spellcaster sims.
    • Get moodlets over seeing impressive magic and hoping that one day they'll be able to do the same.

For the vamp kids,
    • Able to eat plasma fruit and drink the packs. Why they cant do this in the first place is beyond me.
    • "Pretend bite" other kids as a mean interaction.
    • Have fangs in CAS.
    • Have positive moodlets when they are outside at night.
    • Hiss when angry.

For the mer-kids,
    • Having scales in CAS
    • Distaste for eating fish meals.
    • Positive moodlets for being outside in the rain and swimming.
    • Increased motor skill gain when swimming.
    • Random dolphin noises!

Oh, yes!!! All of this! 😀👍 All of this would be soooo cute!

The werewolf pack did many things right, but the little details to the younger stages of weres were (lol) what stood out a lot to me as someone who often played families. I hope they can refresh the younger stages of the other occults in the future to match those details, too! 🤗👍
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    @InuMiroLover Yes! That is exactly what I have been hoping we'd get.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    One of the things that stood out to me was the attention to the kids. It was great to have something for occult kids, just something little so that they are a part of the occult world.

Remember the household that were presented for the parenthood pack, tired adults, a teen and a kiddo. Then smexy YA’s for Vampires. To me it gave the impression of “This is how you play family-life, normal tired. Flip side vampire and the occult are part of the fun life of YA’s”. Not that that is what was said out loud but when there are no possible interactions for kids that connect them with their occult side then they are left out. Merpeople do not even have a bassinet for example. So even if it is possible to have an occult family, the family side does not seem to be that important from the games point of view.

I love playing occult families, having a regular family and adding a few occult members and see what happens. Wish that the occult side blended more seamless into the entire game and that there was less of the “Only YA’s know to have fun with this feature”.
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    One of the things that stood out to me was the attention to the kids. It was great to have something for occult kids, just something little so that they are a part of the occult world.

Remember the household that were presented for the parenthood pack, tired adults, a teen and a kiddo. Then smexy YA’s for Vampires. To me it gave the impression of “This is how you play family-life, normal tired. Flip side vampire and the occult are part of the fun life of YA’s”. Not that that is what was said out loud but when there are no possible interactions for kids that connect them with their occult side then they are left out. Merpeople do not even have a bassinet for example. So even if it is possible to have an occult family, the family side does not seem to be that important from the games point of view.

I love playing occult families, having a regular family and adding a few occult members and see what happens. Wish that the occult side blended more seamless into the entire game and that there was less of the “Only YA’s know to have fun with this feature”.

I agree, I wish we got something like we did in TS3: Supernatural for kids and toddlers.
    They weren't extremely fleshed out as occults, but they at least got their own occult stuff to do, and were somewhat different from other kids/toddlers.