Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Q&A: Werewolves

Comments

• MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    I know you get more temperaments as you play, based on traits and gameplay (5 is the max?). In addition there is an ability to randomize them all, but
    1. is there a way to lose/change just one through gameplay?
    2. 2. Are there any cheats to change or remove just one?
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2022
    I know you get more temperaments as you play, based on traits and gameplay (5 is the max?). In addition there is an ability to randomize them all, but
    1. is there a way to lose/change just one through gameplay?
    2. 2. Are there any cheats to change or remove just one?

The max is 4. They are somewhat weighted by traits, but not exclusively.

Afaik, there is no in game way to change then other than by rerolling them with the Lunar Howl ability (tier 5).

L'Universe Sims has a cheat list (link posted earlier in thread).
  • ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    edited June 2022
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Kimmer wrote: »
    What can we do with Moonpetal flowers?
    My werewolf harvested the one on top of the Howling Point and got three flowers, but I don't know what to do with them. They just seem to be decoration items inside a glass "thingy". I thought they would be new flowers that we can plant, but no. It's confusing.
    I'm afraid to give them away as gifts because I don't know what they're meant for and I don't want to make a mistake. :|

I believe they are used in the cure along with Wolfsbane, but haven't discovered it yet.

I think werewolves can eat the Moonpetal flowers to reset their perks. Not being real harvestables keeps the flowers difficult to obtain.
  • teriyakitombteriyakitomb Posts: 2 New Member
    I know werewolves just came out, but are there any modders working on a mod to override the in-game howling sounds for the werewolves with something more animal-like? I really hate how they sound more like humans imitating wolves than the actual iconic howling of a werewolf.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,826 Member
    What's the easiest way to gain XP as a werewolf? It's taking me ages. So far I've found that marking territory, howling and ferociously intimidating sims gives XP but it's not a lot at all. Hunting doesn't seem to give XP and is also a rabbithole which was disappointing.

@MaggieMarley I haven't been playing the pack for that long, but so far it seems any of the werewolf socials build it up fast. Ask for sympathy (even if you fail), discuss being a werewolf, make wolf eyes at, ask about wolf packs, anything. My werewolf is a pretty social character though. And she scared, snarled at and fought with a lot of people during her first rampage. :)

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,791 Member
    What's the easiest way to gain XP as a werewolf? It's taking me ages. So far I've found that marking territory, howling and ferociously intimidating sims gives XP but it's not a lot at all. Hunting doesn't seem to give XP and is also a rabbithole which was disappointing.

@MaggieMarley I haven't been playing the pack for that long, but so far it seems any of the werewolf socials build it up fast. Ask for sympathy (even if you fail), discuss being a werewolf, make wolf eyes at, ask about wolf packs, anything. My werewolf is a pretty social character though. And she scared, snarled at and fought with a lot of people during her first rampage. :)

@MaggieMarley It helps to join one of the packs and engage in werewolf activities with your pack mates. My werewolf is a Wildfang and she really leveled up fast once she got in. At the same time going through the trials to get in helps too. Hunting even though it is a rabbit hole I believe helps. Gaining and using the Transformation Mastery ability also helps. Exploring the tunnels is another good one.

• dmel15dmel15 Posts: 572 Member
    BhC849H.png

Can anyone tell me how to fix this on werewolves? One day my sim was fine, the next his nose is messed up and the same color as his fur, his eyes is messed up and bulging out of his head, and his ears are all messed up and jagged.
  • cutecabaretcutecabaret Posts: 56 Member
    Is the Pacify ability you get with werewolf empathy autonomous? Will npcs use it on you? I haven't gotten a chance to use it myself because I can never find an NPC werewolf with high enough rage and I keep hanging around Moonwood Collective when I am close to rampaging/am rampaging and nobody has used it on me and I know there are members who have that ability.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited June 2022
    My werewolf's last aspiration task is to become Alpha of the Wildfangs. It means that she has to challenge Rory. Does it make their relationship tank down?
    I mean, my Sim was going to marry her, I wasn't planning to make them hate each other. :/
    I may have to change her aspiration to Lone Wolf (if it can be changed) and just fight Greg instead.
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    My werewolf's last aspiration task is to become Alpha of the Wildfangs. It means that she has to challenge Rory. Does it make their relationship tank down?
    I mean, my Sim was going to marry her, I wasn't planning to make them hate each other. :/
    I may have to change her aspiration to Lone Wolf (if it can be changed) and just fight Greg instead.

That pack fights all the time, and I am guessing it's just for fun. So I am guessing that she probably won't hate your character if challenged. I could be wrong though, but I'm guessing the challenge won't make her hate your sim.

If you're worried, you could save the game right before the challenge, and if she hates your character for it, then just exit without saving.

Can random walkbys become werewolves if they happen to get into a fight with a NPC werewolf?
    What if the random walkbys are your sims in households you're not playing?
    telemwill wrote: »
    How difficult is it to get werebies or get an accidental bite?
    I'm echoing these two. How safe are our non-controlled Sims from the wolves? I'd like a few Werewolves in my worlds, but I can do without every other Sim joining their ranks. Hopefully the Werewolves aren't too bite-happy, but one never knows.

Thanks!
    They're not bite-happy at all.

I have a sim that went through the tunnels many times without getting bit. I also had him approach Gred a few times, but Greg wouldn't bite either.

Then it occured to me that I should have my other sim bite him. The non-wolf asked the werewolf to bite him, and the werewolf refused and said he doesn't know him well enough to bite him. LOL

Then I logged in the werewolf, worked on their relationship, and he asked his friend if he would like to be a werewolf. The non-wolf said no. Then he lost the option to ask. I tried again later, but he wouldn't reply. (I think I tried this like 3 times.)

So later I logged on from the intended victim's household, worked in their relationship more, and had him ask the werewolf to bite him again. The werewolf didn't refuse this time, but he didn't do it either. Instead he started talking about what it's like to become a werewolf. That was odd. Then his wife came and distracted him away. He tried to ask again later, but that didn't go through. ( don't remember if he didn't have the option to ask again, or if he just didn't reply.)

So it's not so easy to get bitten. Werewolves will actually say that they don't know you well enough to bite you! LOL

Just don't explore the underground tunnels. That's where the biters are.

Speaking of Greg, he went into the npc werewolf house and started running around, and then he sat down at the table there, across the table from a vampire. He didn't do anything to her. He just sat there and had a drink of water. Then later on they both got up, and he just stood in front of her staring at her, but did nothing.

He did nothing. She did nothing. They just stared at each other, with zero emotion. It was weird. (Of course, I had to take screenshots!)

Colorist40 wrote: »
    How do you teach toddlers to howl. I had my sim turn into a werewolf and still couldn't do it even though he wasn't enraged. Also how do you get toddlers to say goodnight to the moon?

YES!
    I can't figure that out either. I have a toddler with 2 wolf parents, and a wolf grandparent. Her family has no option to teach her how to howl. Grandpa read the book to her a few times. He read the book to himself too. One of the parents read the book to her too. I can't find a "teach to howl" option, and the toddler doesn't have an option to ask somebody to teach her.

She has already maxed out ALL of her skills, and there is still no option to teach her to howl.

How do they teach their toddlers to howl?
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited June 2022
    Tammors wrote: »

That pack fights all the time, and I am guessing it's just for fun. So I am guessing that she probably won't hate your character if challenged. I could be wrong though, but I'm guessing the challenge won't make her hate your sim.

If you're worried, you could save the game right before the challenge, and if she hates your character for it, then just exit without saving.
    I'm just going to test it and let my Sim Jessie challenge Rory. If she starts hating Jessie I guess I'll just go with it and change my plans. Maybe Jessie will become an angry loner like Greg if things go wrong. I've promised myself never to exit without saving anymore, so it's not an option for me. :p
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    I wasn’t sure where to ask, but since I’ve been reassured about some aspects, I’m thinking of getting the pack. :smile:

I’m curious about something since I play families.

If I had a mixed occult couple that have one werewolf and then they get pregnant and have kids, is it 50/50 chance of a werewolf kid happening, or would the other occult’s genetics have a higher chance?

(Sorry if this is not the right thread. Let me know if I should post in another thread.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    edited June 2022
    Do werewolf babies born under a full moon receive any special abilities, traits, or attributes? My sim just gave birth under a full moon and I was curious if there would be anything different about her as she grows up.

ETA: I forgot to ask, where do you find the info about a werewolf child's bloodline? I know my little werewolf isn't dormant because she has the werewolf icon in CAS, but I heard there are lesser and greater bloodlines, that's what I'm curious about. I can't find anything in her sim profile.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Do werewolf babies born under a full moon receive any special abilities, traits, or attributes? My sim just gave birth under a full moon and I was curious if there would be anything different about her as she grows up.

ETA: I forgot to ask, where do you find the info about a werewolf child's bloodline? I know my little werewolf isn't dormant because she has the werewolf icon in CAS, but I heard there are lesser and greater bloodlines, that's what I'm curious about. I can't find anything in her sim profile.

It's on the traits panel in live mode, where you find reward traits and such. You won't see them unless you're playing the household.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2022
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    1.) Can you get knocked up by Greg?
    If you can get close enough to him, you can get Gregnant. He's a hard sell though, especially if your sim is a vampire/werewolf.

XP gain is faster in beast form, but so is Fury gain.

Do you know how we can explore routes that we chose inside the tunnels? I want to explore the other route that the gurus didn't explore in the tunnels.
    The Chance Cards in the tunnels change as you unlock new abilities. Nightvision (or being a Vampire) helps you see new things to investigate in the dark, see writing on walls and avoid dangerous drops etc. Lunar Epiphany would help you read ancient text, if there is any etc.

Tanja1986 wrote: »
    I have one more question, not sure it was found out yet by anyone, but can Greg become a fated mate?

Or was his fated mate Avelina and that's why it will never happen? I mean he has a wedding ring on his finger, so I assume he had a fated mate and romantic interactions with him never turn him to be another wolves fated mate.
    Lore spoilers:
    From what I understand so far from lore I've seen, Avelina wasn't a Werewolf, so not a Fated Mate, just his beloved wife. She wasn't there when the Werewolf spell/explosion happened, so didn't become a Werewolf, afaik. This might mean he's available as a Fated Mate, however...

Greg is a special NPC, and while he can be romanced, he can't be moved in/added to households (lilsimsie tried it for her idle stream). You can save copy of him to your Library via cheating him into CAS, but it's not the real Greg. As a special NPC he may also be exempt from mating.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

It's on the traits panel in live mode, where you find reward traits and such. You won't see them unless you're playing the household.

I looked there but all that shows up in there is her Charmer trait. I don't think she's a dormant werewolf, she has the werewolf icon in CAS and she has an angry moodlet for the full moon. Mom's already given her a lesson on howling. Since I just aged her up I may need to give it more time to show up. Thank you @DaWaterRat
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member

I looked there but all that shows up in there is her Charmer trait. I don't think she's a dormant werewolf, she has the werewolf icon in CAS and she has an angry moodlet for the full moon. Mom's already given her a lesson on howling. Since I just aged her up I may need to give it more time to show up. Thank you @DaWaterRat

If they're just a "normal" werewolf, I don't think they get a trait. Only Dormant and Greater Bloodlines.

If they're just a "normal" werewolf, I don't think they get a trait. Only Dormant and Greater Bloodlines.

That makes sense, her dad is Lou and her mom has been a werewolf for less than two sim weeks. I keep forgetting Lou's lore is he was recently turned and not entirely by choice either.

She definitely wouldn't get the greater bloodline but I was thinking there was one called lesser bloodline. It was more a point of curiosity instead of something I had my heart set on her getting. Eventually her wolves should have a chance at that though.

Thanks again.
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    What happens if, on a full moon night, a sim with the Dormant Wolf trait eats some kelp before going for a swim in Lake Lunvik? What will they turn into?
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    If my wolf is kicked out off a pack how do i get back into that pack?
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    If my wolf is kicked out off a pack how do i get back into that pack?

You have to wait at least five days before you can join them again.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    What can you use the luna fish for?