Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Straud Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *updated 13/08/2022*

Comments

• QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    @MaggieMarley
    Hm, might be worth a try >:):joy: Uhm, I thought it said you only need 10 deaths? I haven't read it in detail as I ignored that point in the first legacy so it could also say all deaths.

That's sad :/ Guess I missed the weird face glitch then.

New chapter:
    I love the family chapters so much! :love:

Just imagine there were werewolves when Rowan was young. He'd be thrilled!

The Barbie dolls part made me crack up so hard :joy:

Poor Ashton is probably at the bottom of Rowan's list now.

Keanu wins again :D

Why does that peck look like Nemmie 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Keanu's face? :o:joy:

You really want to burn vampire spouses to death? o.O I may steal this idea as well.

How high are the relationship states of Rowan with the contestants from just ONE hour! He must be a very likable sim.
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    New chapter
    Every time Alyssa survives a round in just sitting here like “how??” With that competition😂 Im already far beyond happy that she managed to be the last girl standing hahaha. You go, Alyssa!

But really, she got some real good competition.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    edited June 2022
    EDIT: for some reason i made a double post, previous comment x2 sorry
    Post edited by Skeilah on
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited June 2022
    Hey there! I've been following along with the newest chapters! It's been hilarious! I love it. Not gonna lie... I love just throwing the million love lamps around to boost the mood. I think Nemmie would vomit in rage and disgust if she knew that her emotions were be manipulated with them!

I can't believe there's the autonomous kisses! So cute. 😭😍😅 I'm dying of that cuteness.
    Though I'm not gonna lie... the moment Nemmie started to give/get those kisses, I was like... whelp... my boy is out. He's in the friend zone!

This challenge has been like a chemistry lab and Ashton seems like he came to class for English literature. Oh well. Hehe.

I also decided to have him marry my new werewolf Sim. They are adorable together.
    Serena hasn't turned into a werewolf yet. But... Ashton hates being in Moonwood Mill... Guess vampires and werewolves got beef. So that's gonna be fun when the love of his life starts howling.

009.jpg
    007.jpg
    008.jpg

Random note: Make sure you don't have CC when trying to create a werewolf... any weird meshes will cause your werewolf to look like they got hit by a semi truck and there goes all your CAS progress... I know this from experience. RIP original Serena.
    Post edited by TheYayToast on
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @Queenarella
    So, on the legacy challenge site it says that you can get a bonus point by "Have somebody die on the family lot in one of each of the 10 different ways to die = 1 point" - the way it says 'in one of each of the 10 different ways to die' makes it sound like it's saying that there are 10 different ways to die and you have to have sims die in each of those ways and in so doing get all of the death types in the game. But there are now more than 10 different ways to die in the game... So that makes me think that maybe to get this point you need to have sims die in all of the currently available ways to die. But that would be so much effort so idk if I will do it. Maybe I should ask for clarification on this point.

I'll keep an eye out and see if the face glitch happens in my game again!
    Me too!

Yeah Rowan would have become a werewolf for sure if the pack was out back then!

I definitely never pulled the heads off my barbies as a child

Lol sometimes the game has weird clipping issues with kisses. On that topic, I was expecting this to be an issue for kissing as a werewolf but it doesn't seem to be.

Gotta get rid of the immortals somehow :p except Vlad of course

For some reason, Rowan instantly became friends with all of the contestants after doing a 'friendly introduction' with them and that is why the relationship points are so high. I think it must be a glitch to do with the fact that he has the polite parenthood reward trait (even though he didn't use the polite intro on them). It's weird because I'm playing the legacy part of the challenge now and doing friendly intros is not having this effect for him now so maybe they fixed the bug? Or maybe it only applies to sims in the same household?

@Skeilah
    Alyssa is doing really well! She must have something special that the other girls didn't ;) she's so cute with Nemmie too.

@TheYayToast thank you so much! So glad that you're enjoying the chapters. The love lamps are really helpful in bachelor/ettes... But you're right, Nemmie would be furious to think that she was being influenced in that way.

The autonomous kisses are the best! I love leaving things like this up to the sims' autonomous actions. I do my best to make most interaction in the bachelor/ette autonomous when it comes to interactions so that it's as organic as possible.
    Poor Ashton :( I've loved having him in the challenge so much and he'd have been a great husband for Nemmie. I mean hello he is one of the hottest male sims I've ever seen! But he probably deserved better anyway lol.

I love that you had him marry a werewolf! She is so pretty - I bet their babies will be stunning ;) . Just downloaded her from the gallery actually.

Side note: I'm really enjoying the werewolf pack so far. And of course you can guess who my test sim for the pack is :D

Thank you for the warning! I actually don't use any CC so that's not an issue for me thankfully but still good to know. Hopefully CC creators will fix that soon for you
    @MaggieMarley Hm, but if you need all ways of a death how does the scoring work? I think there's one point for every unique way a sim died :) I can ask on the Legacy Mega Thread to see what to do with that :sweat_smile:
    I'm still not sure if I should get the pack at all... The werewolves look kinda weird to me :joy:

Same! I only cut their hair so short they looked bald :) But I always wanted barbies with long hair :joy:

It took the game forever to have sims' lips who were kissing actually touch :D

So Vlad will stay until the very end now? I remember how we talked about how and when you might get rid of him too ^^

Hm, the game can be super weird sometimes. As long as they all became friends with him from the start I think it should be ok tho :)

Day 18:
    So close to the finale :love:

Oh, nice thing about the proper trait!

Haha, yes, leave them nekked :joy:

Erratic sims are the best :D

World Ruler is a great word for a simmer :P

The autnonomous kisses get more and more even tho there hasn't been an official first kiss yet :D

Shannon is creepy o.O
    @Queenarella The 'get all ten deaths' thing is only meant to give you one point (overall, not per death). Under the 'nature' section of the scoring you can obtain 10 points. You get 5 points for completing 13 collections. Then, you get the other five points by

- Have somebody die on the family lot in one of each of the 10 different ways to die = 1 point
    - Have Sims within the household reach the top level of each career track = 1 point
    - Have Sims within the household reach the top level of both branches of every career track = 1 point
    - Collect every single emotional painting type (Angry, Sad, Playful, Flirty, Confident, Focused) = 1 point
    - Collect and store on the family lot every single consumable aspiration reward = 1 point

So, whether you need to get only 10 deaths or more than 10 deaths for the scoring, you'd only get one point from completing that goal. Probably would be a good idea to ask on the Legacy thread for clarification though!
    Not gonna lie at first I thought that about how the werewolves look too but they've grown on me. I do dislike the fact that they have no tail though and I do wish they were a bit wolfier in appearance. However, the gameplay is so fun! I'm really enjoying it.

Haha I did the same. I would give my barbies haircuts and then be upset because they were basically bald after.

Yeah I think I'll hang onto Vlad. He's too valuable to give up now. He's basically a super sim because he's maxed so many skills and has so many bonus traits and rewards. Makes completing things with him fairly easy,

Yeah they all became friends straight away with him so at least it was a fair glitch!
    Finally close to the finale haha. I'm just about to post the penultimate chapter now...

I've never played with the proper trait before so I didn't know that this was a thing but it makes sense.

Can you imagine if getting naked together was a thing on real life bachelor/ettes?

gotta love erratic sims! I think your founder is erratic, right?

Monasolstraale used the term 'world ruler' in Keanu's application form and I really liked it so had to use it!

I know haha. Since the autonomous kisses were happening I decided there was no point in me interfering with official first kisses! Leaving it all up to Nemmie and the contestants.

Haha him staring through the window at Nemmie was a little creepy yes :#
    I laughed so hard this entire chapter 😂
    ALYSSA YOU GO GURLL!
    @MaggieMarley I totally forgot it's only one point :sweat_smile: With that in mind, I guess you only need 10 different deaths. Otherwise it would be unbalanced imo. However, the other points you listed are even harder to get imo. I'll go ahead and ask on the legacy forum :)
    I've seen tons of pics of werewolves and they still look like Furries to me. And there seems to be mainly negative stuff about them online... o.O It left me a bit shocked to see them look so much like Furries. And it was only yesterday I noticed the missing tail. That's even worse :(@TheYayToast linked me a CC for tails tho. :)

Do Barbies with hair even exist after a child has played with it? :D Sounds like a hoax to me lol

Seeing Vlad in your legacy made me consider starting with a vampire, too. The problem is that after a while I can get bored with a sim :sweat_smile: That's one of the reasons why I had Sophie move out of my household even tho she was on the right track to turning into a super sim as well.

I just read it! Awesome as always lol (I read it first and typed a few thoughts here, less than usually as I was eating as well :joy:

I think I've only tried the proper trait once. It's not for me as it's too nice :joy: I prefer traits like erratic >:)

Yes, my founder got my now favourite trait :D And it also suits the personality I have in mind for him.

I never read application forms in challenges I don't play myself because I am lazy want to meet the sims in the chapters.

Maybe the official first kiss can be for the winner? ^^

Usually, that's something Vlad does in my saves. Creepy sims are creepy lol

New chapter:
    There's no better way to do a challenge than that good ol' llama game :D When you're lazy, that is. (Reference to me)

Woah, a challenge where Keanu doesn't win :o

Compared to the kids from your 100 baby challenge, Nemmie had a pleasant upbringing :p

The first kiss thing is so weird. Why can the sims kiss on free will without it? It's cool but why is it still an option then? o.O

Why is Alyssa suddenly so ho... longing for love? :sweat_smile:

Ah man, Gabriel has to go :'( I feel sorry for him but to be fair, Nemmie wouldn't have been good for him :# He's so nice and proper and she's... Nemmie :D

Can't wait to read the dream dates! :love:
    I agree with @Queenarella ! I'm super excited to read the dream dates.

Also... werewolves need tails. They are sad with the little nubs.
    I can't believe Alyssa pulled out ahead with her kiss barrage! Way to go, Girlie!

Though I do feel sorry for Gabriel... but maybe he dodged a bullet.

All three of them were such great Sims. Nemmie will be lucky to have any one of them by her side... but I don't know if the "lucky" winner is actually lucky. Hmmm. Hahaha.
    @Skeilah I'm glad that you enjoyed it! With autonomy on the funniest things always happen!
    And yeah I was quite surprised by how many autonomous kisses Nemmie and Alyssa shared. It's as if Alyssa knew it was the penultimate day.

@Queenarella I sincerely hope that it is only ten deaths overall. If it is, then I may actually try for that point! Let me know what they say over on the legacy thread :)
    Yeah that was my first thought on seeing werewolves too: that they look like furies and I didn't like that. But I dunno having actually played with them now I don't mind how they look so much anymore. I think they look less like furies when you don't dress them up in clothes, but they're still too humanoid for me. I was really hoping for werewolves that could turn into actual wolves personally but oh well. I actually kind of like Nemmie's wolf form though. The missing tail is a complete joke. I'd have taken clipping over no tail at all!

I noticed that your founder has the erratic trait! That's going to make for some funny moments (probably some nekked moments too haha).

Yup the winner got an official first kiss only after receiving the final deathflower lol.
    The don't wake the llama challenge is a good old classic! I've only done it once before (back in gen 1).

I know! I was almost surprised that Keanu didn't win this one, but also pleased because that meant someone else got a chance haha.

True. My 100 baby kids suffered...

I dunno, the autonomous kisses without having had a first kiss must be a glitch but it's a glitch that I love for bachelor/ettes!

No idea, but I'm loving her sudden determination!

Yeah Gabriel honestly did well to get so far given that he has the proper trait. He definitely deserves a better life than marriage to Nemmie though.

@TheYayToast I'm just about to post the final chapter ;)
    I agree! I hate that they don't have tails. I mean, surely that's one of the essential features of werewolves, no?
    It was so funny watching Alyssa get kiss after kiss with Nemmie. She clearly knew what she wanted!

Definitely dodged a bullet lol.

With the way that I treat sims in my legacy, the winner probably won't be lucky haha. But to be fair, they may not have to grind very hard since I've done most of the jobs/aspirations in the game now and maxed all of the skills.
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,374 Member
    edited June 2022
    I mentioned this on WordPress...
    46UsGcRh.png

Maybe Keanu has always been a little special?
    I had found a picture from he was boy showing his only close friend. Unfortunately, this friend left him the following day. It's hard to be discarded :heartbreak:

NB: He is wearing yellow sunglasses in the photo because a bug in the game suddenly removed his yellow eyes as his sisters grew from toddlers to children. Fortunately, he got his eyes back when he became a teenager.

NB: A fun fact on whether werewolves have tails which changed my notions of a werewolf's appearance.
    nxzooM4h.png
    I think it makes more sense to understand how the game developers have taken their inspiration for the werewolves in the game.

This description is from Wikipedia. It is shared by @NhimSim on Twitter
    Post edited by MonaSolstraale on
    @MaggieMarley I finally asked! 10 minutes ago. 10 because I typed an answer and wanted to start reading the finale... but then I noticed I somehow closed the tab with my comment in it... -.-
    I still don't know if I should get the pack. The look really bothers me more than it should... :/ The furies part, the lack of a tail, the racoon head :joy: (And I saw a pic of someone drawing a bikini and nipples on a werewolf fur and that made me cringe way too hard :joy:

Erratic all the way. Isn't there an option for the succession law to have a certain trait to become heir?

Tbh, at first I was sure Keanu would win. But now with all the snogging, it seems to be 50/50 again! I like that.

But their suffering made your suffering smaller. You're real, they are pixels. Wise decisions :p

Maybe it's connected to the free love voting stuff?

Isn't Gabriel good, too? Or did you say this because of his proper trait?

Finale :love:
    Congrats on your 100,000 views! B)

Early morning in autumn. Common problem lol

Dolphins can be cruel tho. I can't tell it on the forums without it being censored tho :sweat_smile:

So you got the wedding pack? :)

Isn't there the MCCC option "Just Leave!"? It's made to get rid of townies.

Nemmie has a very broad imagination :joy:

The screenshot of Nemmie with the deathflower and moon in the background is beautiful! :love:

Ah! I'm so happy for Keanu! The two are really made for each other!

Just imagine people jumping in real life when they become a couple :joy:

I can't wait to see the ten babies part :p
    Eeee! Congrats to the winner!
    Vlad's going to be so happy!

Keanu is going to be a great partner to Nemmie. He's so devoted to her. Such a cute, slightly diabolical couple!

I feel super bad for Alyssa... she's so sweet and lovely. I hope she finds a wonderful woman that will raise lots of farm animals with her.

I'm excited to see werewolf Nemmie though. Her father will be proud... but I'm sure Keanu is going to be less than happy. Eeep.
    @MonaSolstraale
    That is such a cute picture of Keanu! So sad that his closest friend was a snowman who melted, but also very sweet haha. And I'm glad he got the yellow eyes back, I LOVE his eyes. I think the game isn't meant to let children/toddlers have the yellow eyes which is probably why he lost them until he became a teen. The supernatural eyes seem to be locked for toddlers/kids.

Oh, thank you for sharing that about werewolves! I still feel like I'd prefer them with tails but it's interesting to hear that actually traditionally they don't have tails. And they still look fine in the game without tails anyway.

@Queenarella oh no, I hate it when that happens! Thank you for typing it all out again for me <3
    I think don't waste your money on a pack if you don't think you'll enjoy it. I got it because I love playing with supernaturals and I've been wanting werewolves for ages. I haven't been disappointed by the gameplay and it's quickly become one of my favourite packs, but there are certain aspects of the wolf appearance that I dislike so if you think that will really bother you too much to enjoy playing then maybe skip this one? Oh noooooooo why would someone draw a bikini on a werewolf? Lol. That's kinda creepy and not in a good way.

Yeah I think that can be a succession law! But then you have to keep having kids until one gets the right trait and you may end up with a LOT of them haha.

Yup on day 19 I genuinely thought that Alyssa might actually manage to steal the win from Keanu so that made the final day more interesting for me... But she didn't quite succeed. Maybe if Keanu hadn't managed to win so many challenges she would have though.

I dunno maybe? I didn't have the free love NAP active in my game though and I have voting for NAPs switched off so that I never get NAPs.

Iirc Gabriel only has the proper trait, not the good one.
    Thank you!

Oh yeah I think I know what you're talking about with the dolphins. It's so weird and I wish I had never learned about it...

No I thought about getting the wedding pack but in the end I didn't as I never make my sims have proper weddings anyway. Maybe I will eventually get it on sale or something for the world and CAS.

Yup, I ended up using that option to get rid of the townie. So annoying that they approach anyway though.

I know!!! This was such a beautiful location for the last deathflower ceremony, the screenshots ended up being so nice.

I think they are a great couple. And having a vampire/werewolf couple is great too (since Nemmie becomes a werewolf in my game).

I can't believe I committed to doing the ten babies thing... Why???

@TheYayToast
    Yup he really will be! He finally gets his wish... But he will not be pleased that Nemmie is to be a werewolf.

Aw yeah I think they're cute together too. And he definitely showed his devotion with all of those challenge wins.

I know, poor Alyssa. She really started to do very well on day 19 with all the kissing but it was too late.

Yeah I have had so much fun playing with Nemmie as a werewolf! This pack is amazing! One of my favourites already for sure.
    @MaggieMarley Something similar happened again yesterday when I was writing a chapter. I only went the bathroom for 2 minutes and I come back to my computer restarting itself because Windows wanted to force some updates down my throat -.- But luckily, Wordpress saves a draft of what you're typing every 10 seconds or so.
    I love occults but back in ts3 I always avoided werewolves. They were kinda creepy tbh :D Guess it's pretty likely I won't get the pack then ^^

In all these years I've played ts4 I've barely ever had a kid roll the same traits as the parents. So this sounds like a game over situation for me :D

It was really intense after all that kissing and waiting for the finale was even cooler ^^ I'd been happy with either of them winning.

Hm, I wonder what created the glitch then. (As if I had any idea how glitches worked at all :joy: )

Weird is an understatement. It's disturbing :/

I had the exact same moment yesterday :D The world is lovely and there are some really cool CAS things but... I hate weddings in the game. So much effort :D Just elope already. I usually hit speed x3 when sims elope. But the world is lovely! But no 50x50 lot again -.-

Townies are the worst in the game. Imagine people would be like this in real life. o.O

Perfect location choice! <3

I hope you won't get any hybrid babies as they are quite broken - as usual - and from what I've heard so far only.

Sounds like you've started :D
  • MossyMeowMossyMeow Posts: 54 Member
    Just wanted to say I had a blast reading all about Nemmie's romantic (mis)adventures this generation. Makes me want to seriously consider starting up my bachelor challenge...though maybe just a regular one to start, not an evil one. I'm excited to see all the babies. Plus, I bet Vlad's going to be thrilled to have a vampire spouse this generation!

(Sorry for the late comment, I was on a vacation without good internet for the last week)
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Congrats to the winner!

I look forward to seeing Nemmie trying to take over the world in future updates!
    @Queenarella
    wordpress automatically saving drafts has saved me on more than one occasion! Glad you didn't lose all of your chapter.
    I didn't actually really play with occults back in TS3. But I feel that they are done so much better in TS4 and I love playing with occults now. The werewolves really are done very well (I have by now played with way too much of the pack haha). But yeah don't get it if it's not for you! Save your money for a pack you know you'll enjoy.

There is a legacy challenge random trait generator which takes into account the traits of the parents when choosing the traits of the kids. It makes them more likely to get the traits that their parents did. I used it for my 100 baby challenge but I actually kind of didn't like it because it means that kids with the same parents all end up with either the same or a very similar combination of traits. I like to experience different traits so I use the in game randomiser in my legacy.

Maybe I'll get the wedding pack if it's on sale for 50% off at some point. I kinda want it for the world and CAS but I really don't use weddings.

On the hybrids: I hope not too as you're right, they would be buggy. If I do get hybrids I'll need to remove one of their occult life states with cheats like I had to do with Scylla and Epi (both were born vampire mermaid hybrids and I made them just vampires)

@MossyMeow thank you very much, I am glad that you enjoyed it! Vlad is very happy that Nemmie is married to a vampire... Though perhaps not so happy at her current lifestate ;) bachelor/ette challenges are so fun, I'd definitely encourage you to start up yours!

@lilypadmeulin thank you for your comment! To be honest, Nemmie's plans for world domination aren't likely to be realised since I'm going to have her grind away at aspirations etc as per usual in this legacy... She won't like that!
  • MossyMeowMossyMeow Posts: 54 Member
    Sorry for lack of spoiler, I don’t think I can use them until I become a full member (which seems strange, but okay). On the subject of occult sims, dividing each into separate packs has really made playing with each of them significantly more enjoyable, I think. I haven’t bought Werewolves yet, and I only bought Realm of Magic a few days ago, but I’ve been playing with vampires as part of my MySims challenge, and they’re so much more fun to play than the TS3 vamps ever were IMO. Even if one of my vampires burned to death because he kept trying to take the trash out lol. And if the uncontrollable hissing weakness makes it so he has low relationships with even his children. It’s a good time.
    @MaggieMarley Automatic draft saving is a gift from heaven! The game should have this, too.
    You can't play a pack too much. It just means you enjoy it and that's the best thing that can happen with a game (or addition) :)

Do you mean the random trait generator on the website with the legacy rules? I always used this one (still do for aspirations) and I barely ever get the same traits. But maybe this means you refer to a different one :sweat_smile:

It's currently (or was recently) on sale and I got it :) The CAS is lovely! So many pretty dresses :love:

Do you use MCCC to remove one occult part? Sometimes even non-hybrid occults can be super buggy :/ Had this with the tails in my last legacy. And their faces.

New chapter:
    So excited about the ten babies part :love:

Nemmie looks great with her new makeover! But you're right: way too innocent :D

Why does Greg remind me of the musical Cars in the biting screenshot?

Finally something actually fixed in the game! :D

How awesome is it to see Vlad scared? :o

Don't get me wrong, it's interesting to see all the werewolf stuff. But it just proves to me that I don't want it in my game :D The territory thing is so... NOPE :D