Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know Thread On Werewolves

Comments

• MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    that toddler interaction
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I noticed that the interaction was under my mom and not the toddler. If I click on my toddler while controlling his mom then it has an interaction to “teach to say goodnight to the moon”<br>I hope this helps!</p>— Shalice Bascom (@shalice21) <a href=" 18, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js&quot; charset="utf-8"></script>
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »

Is there a way to lower the fury meter before it gets to this point? Because if this is something that might happen, I might be stopping my werewolves from rampaging as often.

Somber howl (unlockable trait)makes fury go down but it has a cooldown.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »

Is there a way to lower the fury meter before it gets to this point? Because if this is something that might happen, I might be stopping my werewolves from rampaging as often.

Somber howl (unlockable trait)makes fury go down but it has a cooldown.

Any idea how long the cooldown is? My sim used it once and then like a day later, it was still...cooling down.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    cheats to become and remove werewolf

traits.equip_trait_occultwerewolf

traits.remove_trait_occultwerewolf
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member

Playful moods can drop the fury meter a little, enough to counter the "ambient" fury gain.

The other way I've dropped fury is to have my sim do something they enjoy - as in something they specifically Like, such as gardening or dancing. Gardening and Fishing can also contribute to being mindful, so that may have a factor too.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited June 2022
    Echo1224 wrote: »
    > @Akl500P said:
    > Did you know that werewolves shake water off after a bath or if they are wet from rain
    >
    > Did you know that the eating object skill can literally let your werewolf eat chickens since the are in fact considered objects?

Hahaha uh oh for babies then... :D

Wait did someone actually try if thats possible or if its possible to eat items containing sim
    might corrupt save though if it is :sweat_smile: I'd try...for science... but I still don't have the pack
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,809 Member
    edited June 2022
    If your werewolf has the Personal Grooming perk and does the groom self option it will fully restore hygiene need. Your werewolf doesn't need a shower or bathtub. Equip them with the Mark Territory, Wolf Nap, and Hunter perks and technically your werewolf won't even need a home. They could live on any lot, residential or community, in any world for free.

My werewolf doesn't have Mark Territory yet, but she has Hunter, Wolf Nap and Personal Grooming and those actions work in her human form too. She doesn't even go back to Henford anymore except if she wants to invite Rory and Lou to her place to hang out in her basement wolf den.

[ETA]: It just occurred to me that my werewolf's basement wolf den functions as an unofficial pack hangout that as an added perk isn't a rabbit hole.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    > @Akl500P said:
    > Did you know that werewolves shake water off after a bath or if they are wet from rain
    >
    > Did you know that the eating object skill can literally let your werewolf eat chickens since the are in fact considered objects?

Wait did someone actually try if thats possible or if its possible to eat items containing sim
    might corrupt save though if it is :sweat_smile: I'd try...for science... but I still don't have the pack

I would consider trying it but I think it would freak me out if it actually worked. Surely they thought to prevent that....right?
  • Echo17121Echo17121 Posts: 88 Member
    > @Akl500P said:
    >

I would consider trying it but I think it would freak me out if it actually worked. Surely they thought to prevent that....right?

I mean, their fault for not changing babies 😂
    I didn't think about how it would corrupt a game though that might be enough of a deterrent. And it being really dark 😂
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    > @Akl500P said:

Babies are safe:

It won't lower fury ahead of time, but the Will To Resist perk will help regain control during a rampage. I tried it with a prime and it stopped the rampage immediately. It would be useful if somber howl didn't lower fury enough and rampage started that could lead to cardiac explosion.

• Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    From all the let's plays and reviews I thought Greg would always win the fight, I sent Caleb who is maxed on all Vampire Skills to introduce himself to Greg, thinking he would get the beat down, He actually won the fight against Greg. My werewolf in another save who is Maxed out on her werewolf abilities even lost to Greg, so I really though Greg was unbeatable, turns out he isn't.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    From all the let's plays and reviews I thought Greg would always win the fight, I sent Caleb who is maxed on all Vampire Skills to introduce himself to Greg, thinking he would get the beat down, He actually won the fight against Greg. My werewolf in another save who is Maxed out on her werewolf abilities even lost to Greg, so I really though Greg was unbeatable, turns out he isn't.

Welp then... Good luck to people who are trying to complete Lone Wolf aspiration!

That unfortunately includes me...
    Did you know?

Your sim can moonbathe. You click on the sim your playing and it's an option and this can happen on all moon phases even new moon.

There is not an option for them to moonbathe with other sims even in a group. You have to tell the other sim to moonbathe.
  • AnisimAnisim Posts: 181 Member
    Did you know?

Your sim can moonbathe. You click on the sim your playing and it's an option and this can happen on all moon phases even new moon.

There is not an option for them to moonbathe with other sims even in a group. You have to tell the other sim to moonbathe.

Does moonbathing do anything to the sim?
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Anisim wrote: »
    Did you know?

They get a +2 focused buff for 4 hours.
    edited June 2022
    Anisim wrote: »
    Did you know?

It gives a moodlet that depends on the phase of the moon. Aliens however will always get a happy moodlet.

This discussion lists all the effects of moon phases and moonbathing (as it came with the patch, werewolves excluded). I'll quote the list here:
    Moonbathing:
    New Moon: +1 Inspired Buff
    Waxing Crescent Moon: +1 Energized Buff
    First Quarter Moon: +1 Happy buff
    Waxing Gibbous Moon: +1 playful buff
    Full Moon: +1 Flirty Buff
    Waning Gibbous Moon: +1 Confident Buff
    Third Quarter Moon: + 1 happy buff
    Waning crescent Moon: + focused buff
    Alien: +1 happy buff (doesn't matter what phase.)
    edited June 2022
    Deleted by Catloverplayer.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Any idea how long the cooldown is? My sim used it once and then like a day later, it was still...cooling down.

No idea, havent paid attention tbh, there also seems to be a drink thats said to have a calming effect, I only saw it in debug but I dont know how to learn the receipt yet.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

edited June 2022
    Some info about dormant werewolves.

Cheating this trait on allows the sim to still become another occult (spellcaster, vampire etc).

If they are another occult and you send them swimming in Lake Lunvik during full moon, they'll turn into a werewolf.

So a hybrid this way is possible. Though it is very very glitchy.

Edit: Here's how the needs panel of a spellcaster and werewolf hybrid looks like:
    1o5hph1u47zo.png
    Hovering over the fury bubble on the top will bring up spellcaster charge. Plus it seems like spellcaster perks become unavailable.
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Isn't helpful or whatever but for anyone else playing Souls games this must give a chuckle.

Werewolves has a very clear reference to Dark Souls 2.
    K6pkAQS.jpg

In Dark Souls 2 there's a line which repeats every darn time you level up.
    "Bearer of the curse.
    Seek souls. Larger, more powerful souls.
    Seek the king, that is the only way.
    Lest this land swallow you whole... As it has so many others."

Everyone (me included) keeps skipping it so it then spells out like:
    "Bearer. Seek. Seek. Lest."

I NEVER would have thought that a game like TS4 would have a reference to Dark Souls :D.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,012 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Yes, that I have noticed too. I should go ahead and make a list at one point which occult gives off which color smell.
    Edit. Here's the list:

Normal sim - Yellow
    Alien - Purple
    Vampire - Black and purple
    Mermaids - Blue
    Spellcasters - Rainbow
    Werewolves - Brownish red
    Servos and skeletons - None
    @EgonVM The colors also might have to do with relationships. Maybe. In this pic, the dogs have two different colors. At the time, Bigby was close friends with the dog on the right (greenish) and companions with the one on the left (yellowish). Lux, who is a werewolf and Bigby's Fated Mate, has a red-orange color. Bigby was in a rage and so glowed red.
    y4mGx70851xNfx-SYK2beNMdxHbpT5VzSlLZGHpJd3aUBUhuRGyjERHf5tHbPl-t3vjWo7asP5QcxN5dgsmK22i81PCHUg3250urFmu2EWGUt2AwxFZXacf_v1QvRqZkZMMCofMfsysz_Zf0w2xDcnZi4TXfncGYwmxGlWlPR4rKnYSxsJUU3jfjsUFTamih9Zx?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    And a fox that Bigby was close friends with glowed light green too.
    y4mmI5oFXRWxwAcZZOcPZdiKNldTSJDDxE-V7hjf3gCqg1fjFzpYnZqC8DrZgiyln14RiK96fw4fV1s2el6gzbgxbVa7vvavSMXs97BdQQwa-sWiVObKItaKUUc1VOdEv0odp4oHO2_O0mknnMdu036SO6dJrkb32jPM8JX7i-qbvnglQ31tCx0LTNYY_MZogab?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,012 Member
    edited June 2022
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    ...Playful moods can drop the fury meter a little, enough to counter the "ambient" fury gain.
    @DaWaterRat One of my sims has the Excitable Temperament and playfulness increases his fury! He also has the Frisky one and that also increases fury. So methods of lowering fury depend on temperaments too. I generally rely on the Somber Howl and Will to Resist abilities. And as you say, some enjoyable activities not affected by temperaments help.
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    Did anyone figure out the fastest way to gain werewolf XP?
    I had to click about 3000 times on my sim to perform various activities so he could max out all abilities. In comparison, vampires only need a few clicks as they have a way of passively gaining XP, as well as spellcasters, who were around 250 clicks, after which they had to experiment with cauldron or practice magic indefinitely by themselves.