Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the fastest way to gain werewolf XP?

What's the easiest way to gain XP as a werewolf? It's taking me ages. So far I've found that marking territory, howling and ferociously intimidating sims gives XP but it's not a lot at all. Hunting doesn't seem to give XP and is also a rabbithole which was disappointing.

Comments

• DiamathiusDiamathius Posts: 3 New Member
    There is a werewolf mod out if your interested. It allow mine to gain enough rage to transform every night my is just a pup but I almost have my 3rd point in one night. https://www.patreon.com/posts/sims-4-mod-62582437
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited June 2022
    @maggiemarley if you don't mind in-game cheats shift-click on your sim and choose werewolf cheats. BUT BE CAREFUL the "add perks" cheat gives you ALL the perks and the two for temperment (add/remove) are random. You don't get to choose which temperment to add and the one to remove temperment removes them all.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Hmm...

My only suggestion is that have your werewolf get the transformation mastery by not scaring anyone during a rampage. After that, you can have them be in the wolf form, which will increase the XP gain.

By what actions you can have them do? Hmm... Good question... I'd say have them spar with other werewolves.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    @maggiemarley if you don't mind in-game cheats shift-click on your sim and choose werewolf cheats. BUT BE CAREFUL the "add perks" cheat gives you ALL the perks and the two for temperment (add/remove) are random. You don't get to choose which temperment to add and the one to remove temperment removes them all.

That exists?
    I didn't find such thing in game. I checked through all menus.
    Interesting... Any mods?
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    My werewolf gained tier 3 by howling, scavaging the ground and later sparring with other werewolfs. After tier 3 it looks like giving more options. But I didn´t notice that hunting for food gained any xp. There might be more depending on what branch of the werewolf skills you choose...not sure about this tough. Im bookmarking this thread because I want more tips too. It has been fun tough, really loving this game pack.
  • DiamathiusDiamathius Posts: 3 New Member
    I have a mage that loves gardening and I have her BF as a werewolf. Going to check out the genetics down the line.
  • duriankindduriankind Posts: 62 Member
    So far after playing with my werewolf sim a bit it seems as though what gave them the most XP was any time they transformed on their own will with the Transformation Mastery ability or when they attempted to regain control from a rampage with the "The Will to Resist" perk. I'm still only on the Runt rank so there may be even better ways to gain XP as you level up, but those two interactions seem to have given me slightly more than anything else for now!
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
    check out my gallery page
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
  • WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 367 Member
    My werewolves have gained the most from reading the many books available. (Why was I unaware of the fact a lot of the Sims books have benefits??) I also have them periodically howl, scavenge and mark their territories. They're progressing very rapidly.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

I haven't seen this when shift clicking on my sim while in testingcheats on mode.
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    Wndblwz wrote: »
    My werewolves have gained the most from reading the many books available. (Why was I unaware of the fact a lot of the Sims books have benefits??) I also have them periodically howl, scavenge and mark their territories. They're progressing very rapidly.

What are some books they read? I tried a couple and no XP is being gained.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member

There's a list on this site.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/sims-4-werewolf-books/
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    My werewolf got the 'hates the rat race' temperament and then proceeded to wolf out every day even before they got home from work! I just left them to it and must of gotten about half a bar just doing their own thing!
    Im almost at apex level after a few days.

I haven't seen this when shift clicking on my sim while in testingcheats on mode.

The werewolves cheat requires Carl's werewolf mod. (Carl's Sims)

And don't forget to read the children's books. Also, if you re-read the books you'll gain more insight and points.
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member

And don't forget to read the children's books. Also, if you re-read the books you'll gain more insight and points.

Just tried that, and it doesn't work for me. I get a tiny XP gain when I start reading it and it barely moves, I let my werewolf read it for 2 days.
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    Wanted to test things a bit more before replying, but... The best (or the fastest, I guess) way that I've found to get werewolf XP is by grinding those werewolf interactions, especially when in beast form. So taking wolf naps, self grooming, scavenging, etc. On top of that, I've noticed that when you smash and/or scratch things during a rampage, that's the best time for XP gain, especially in the earlier levels! Be careful if you're in the Moonwood Collective though, apparently they're not fans of the smashing and scratching 😂
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    The best things are those like Scavenger that has no cooldown and helps find collectibles. You can do this instead of a job.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member

What a great site, I signed up for their emails. Thanks so much for the link!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    I have one that leveled up fast by scavenging the ground and licking himself.