Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SDX Coming Today! Available Now!

Β«13

Comments

• Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,333 EA Community Manager
    I've been looking at this picture for DAYS and it has given me an indescribable craving for ribs and fried catfish.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I am pretty excited about this.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited June 2022
    Sounds good.

But do be aware that the fridge loads very slowly now because of all the recipes and ingredients that have been added to the game, please look into optimizing it.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    From what I can see, there's three unisex jerseys with multiple skins for adults and possibly something for kids.

And I'm sure our new Werewolves will appreciate a good barbeque...

T-shirts aren't exactly the most exciting thing ever, but I never look a gift horse in the mouth.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: Β»
    Hot take: Potato Salad is made with mustard and no raisins.

If you make it with anything but mustard or put raisins in, you can just get out of here with your gross fruit salad.

Whilst I'm extremely glad there's no raisins in a UK Potato Salad, unfortunately there's no mustard either, which sounds tasty!

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Ooh, I like t-shirts and I like new food, so... yay πŸ˜„
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Oh cool I saw players asking for this type of food! 🀭🀭 It's so funny that in real life I have an extremely simple and limited diet but in game I love to go crazy with any type of food they give us! My cc food folder is exploding and this will be a welcome edition too😌
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited June 2022
    Well as finnish bean ignorant of the holiday :sweat_smile: but i guess I could have some midsummer fun as it falls on same time

grill some and burn few sim....
    i mean bonfires and whatever

kinda sad that i don't have werewolves yet actually it would have been perfect for the purpose of midsummer festivities...

like when you stare into the lake to know who your future husband is

but all you see is hungry Greg who has ambushed you...

yes that must mean greg is the fated mate
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    PhilSims wrote: Β»

If you make it with anything but mustard or put raisins in, you can just get out of here with your gross fruit salad.

Whilst I'm extremely glad there's no raisins in a UK Potato Salad, unfortunately there's no mustard either, which sounds tasty!

Germans take mayonnaise and cucumbers πŸ˜—πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited June 2022
    PhilSims wrote: Β»

Germans take mayonnaise and cucumbers πŸ˜—πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ

Controversial opinion:
    Potato salad in all shapes and forms is icky and nothing can save it :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    New foods are always welcome, it's also the one cc I can never have enough of.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I love potato salad. πŸ˜‹ I have a really good from scratch recipe that I only make for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Other times of the year I'll just buy a container from the store and doctor it up.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member

I love potato salad and I love raisins but not in my potato salad. My Potato salad has mayo, milk, a couple of dabs of mustard, sweet baby pickles and some pickle juice with celery seed and some salt mixed together and poured over the potatoes and diced up eggs... :yum:
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member

Make mine with yellow mustard and definitely NO RAISINS. I love raisins but those belong in a salad with pecans and a sweet dressing.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Ooo is there a list of the new foods? Many people been wanting to see some soul food πŸ˜‹
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member

Ew! Who puts raisins in potato salad?? Mustard, mayo and a little finely chopped dill pickle, yes, but no raisins.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Y'all it's a joke. πŸ˜„

Just Google raisins in potato salad.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    My hot take is that potato salad is best warm.

It's on a long list of things that I don't actually care for, but the extended family always asks me to make because they like my version best (don't ask me how this happened), so when we have big family reunions or tailgate or whatever, I usually scoop some out for myself before I stick it in the fridge, and then never touch it at the actual meal. :D

(Also, yeah, there's definitely mustard in there. Not even pickle or relish, though, and certainly not fruit. I keep it simple: the good potatoes, the good mayo, a little mustard, and I'm afraid I cannot reveal my herbs/seasoning.)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I wish they would update in the SDX to make the new smores playable.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Y'all it's a joke. πŸ˜„

Just Google raisins in potato salad.

When I googled it the first thing that came up was a recipie for potato salad with raisins in it!

However, later on it shows the meme...

I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    >

Juneteenth? Well, well, well. EA misses no opportunity to appease it's base. Which by the way is just about everywhere on the planet. Although seriously appreciated, I wonder if EA did a Cinco de Mayo as well. I'm sure that would have sold a few more games to that base had they done so. No-one would EVER say that EA lacks diversity among it's developers, marketers, or administration. And people wonder why this simple little game is the best/greatest GAME OF ALL TIMES. (G.O.A.T) I look forward to June 23rd to get my Juneteenth jersey.

They haven’t done Cinco de Mayo I don’t think, but they did do Hispanic Heritage Month back in October 2020 when they added a lot of dishes to the barbecues, like Pollo a la Brasa, Elote, Chimis etc.

But yeah, fridges take ages to load all the options now.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited June 2022
    And here I got my hopes up for a functional midsummer pole (maypole), pickled herring, snaps and Swedish style strawberry cake with some new holiday traditions added to the mix.

Ahh well, perhaps next year. Maybe when they add that R&B radio station and the dragons. :)

Still, this looks good. I love more recipes.
    Post edited by JAL on
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    JAL wrote: Β»
    And here I got my hopes up for a functional midsummer pole (maypole), pickled herring, snaps and Swedish style strawberry cake with some new holiday traditions added to the mix.

Ahh well, perhaps next year.

That would be great!! And we need a Scandinavian world Γ  la Aurora Skies.