Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming EP: High School

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    edited June 2022
    Boy they really want to take away the hype from Werewolves don't they? 🙁

Sure feels like it. I plan on enjoying werewolves for quite a while. High school can wait for a sale around Christmas.

I suppose someone at EA thinks the non occult players need to be compensated quickly for enduring an occult game pack.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I think they don’t and that’s why they’re not confirming anything.

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yuna wrote: »
    When I saw the Werewolves trailer and that -lean against wall- animation, I instantly thought about school folks leaning against their locker. It would work well in their High School Trailer too.

I haven't thought of this 👀 but I'm totally into this idea!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    GracieO312 wrote: »

I’m hyped for both. Teen Wolf!

I know I definitely want to mix both packs! We can be excited for both! A group of teen vampires and werewolves attending highschool and the drama that comes with it! Why not! 😁😁😁
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member

I don't think it's EA trying to put out the Werewolf Hype (the Gurus are more thrilled about it than they were for My Wedding Stories) I do think there is a faction of the Simmer Fanbase out there who would like to use this to do so.

And I still don't believe it's real. Or at least not coming in July. Some store sites just took the leak and ran with it, possibly to drive traffic.

• kemowerykemowery Posts: 370 Member
    If it's a real pack, I'd hope we get active teaching and student careers, and I hope they don't try to get to clever with it and break it up into multiple class periods a day or anything. Does it make sense that my scientists, doctors, and detectives stop working as soon as they fill up the progress bar and spend the rest of the day goofing off? Nope. Do I want my students and teachers to be able to do the same thing? Yes.

The other big thing I want is a TTRPG item, letting kids and older play D&D around a dining room table.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited June 2022
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I don't think it's EA trying to put out the Werewolf Hype (the Gurus are more thrilled about it than they were for My Wedding Stories) I do think there is a faction of the Simmer Fanbase out there who would like to use this to do so.

And I still don't believe it's real. Or at least not coming in July. Some store sites just took the leak and ran with it, possibly to drive traffic.

I'm still iffy on it too.
    But if they are in a phase of development where they can still make changes, a leak like this would get simmers talking and spouting ideas.
    They could consider what the game has shaped up to be and look at it in contrast to simmer babble. Also, marketing would know how to market the game considering simmer hot buttons, or cold buttons.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    For once I feel absolutely no need for a new EP to look forward too. If this leaked release date turns out to be true, then I think it is too close to werewolves. I could understand last year when cottage living came so close after Dream home Decorator because DHD is only stuff and practically no gameplay. But with werewolves we seem to be getting a occult with the same depth as vampires. I don't have any plans to shove werewolves to the side and forget about them within a month.

As for the high school theme, I definitely won't get hyped over it. I really enjoy university and don't feel the need for another education oriented pack.

Not everyone plays with occults or only occults, so it’s nice to get general non-occult stuff as well. I play with both occult and non-occult packs, and It’s nice to have some variety.

After hearing some new info about the werewolf pack, I’m deciding to skip the werewolf pack, so I’m looking forward for other new content that is not werewolves.

Meanwhile, there is also a portion of the Sims base who don’t play/like occult stuff and would prefer realistic content, so it’s only fair there will be content for them as well.

I’m hoping this rumored pack is more of a general teens pack.

I would have greatly preferred a more broader Generations pack, and more focus on social aspect and interactions and activities, etc.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    For once I feel absolutely no need for a new EP to look forward too. If this leaked release date turns out to be true, then I think it is too close to werewolves. I could understand last year when cottage living came so close after Dream home Decorator because DHD is only stuff and practically no gameplay. But with werewolves we seem to be getting a occult with the same depth as vampires. I don't have any plans to shove werewolves to the side and forget about them within a month.

As for the high school theme, I definitely won't get hyped over it. I really enjoy university and don't feel the need for another education oriented pack.

I guess there doing something different this year because I was surprised to have a werewolves game pack when Wedding Game Pack was only a few months away yes it was broken but still that's pumping out to gameplay packs within months of each other.

Sure feels like it. I plan on enjoying werewolves for quite a while. High school can wait for a sale around Christmas.

I suppose someone at EA thinks the non occult players need to be compensated quickly for enduring an occult game pack.

I feel as though we do look what happened to my wedding stories game pack lol.
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I hope they won't forget the occult teens.

Monster High???

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👁👄👁
  • KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    As someone who was bullied for being disabled and not conventionally attractive, I have a deep seeded hatred for Highschool and public education in general.
    Hopefully some of the gameplay can be introverted into DU to make it more fun. Like the homework I mentioned and have a study session with other Sims like a group. Also taking notes should help with homework just saying.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    For the school aspect, I also want active classes with several new interactive items added. Hoping this is nothing like University since we already have that type of gameplay.

Sims could possibly attend one active classes each day and have lunch in the school cafeteria.

Possible active classes:
    1. English (Language Arts): Literature, creative writing or journalism class
    2. Mathematics
    3. Social Studies
    4. Science
    5. Performing Arts: Choir, band, concert band, marching band, orchestra, dance, drama.
    6. Visual Arts: sculpture, ceramics, jewelry design, photography, drawing and/or painting
    7. Physical Education: cheerleading, dance, gymnastics, weight training, aerobics, tennis, ballet, volleyball and/or track & field.
    8. Vocational Education: automotive technology, cosmetology, woodworking or computer class.

There could be NPC teachers, a principal and a quirky janitor.

Oh, it would be awesome if they added new gameplay items and stuff like bands!
    The pack could be inspired by TV show, the teenage stories in the high school.
    • Prom
    • Parties
    • Gossip
    • Pranks
    • Social groups
    • Afterschool activities
    • Hanging out

Yes, I would love more of this! More hobbies, activities, social events and interactions, moods, etc. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    edited June 2022
    Omg this is so cool!!!
    I posted this here because if you look at the list of mods she worked on it's mainly teen/child/ family related stuff.
    All speculation of course because we know nothing but imagine if she was involved in an upcoming highschool pack or kids pack 😱

It's never about "who does it better" modders and the sims live in harmony and their work complements each other.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited June 2022
    How will the world be ?

I don't know what Teen venues and neighborhood events could be added to the game.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2022
    How will the world be ?

I don't know what Teen venues and neighborhood events could be added to the game.

For teen hangouts I would like to see an arcade, a junkyard and a public swimming pool!
    a256aFi.gif
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Omg this is so cool!!!
    I posted this here because if you look at the list of mods she worked on it's mainly teen/child/ family related stuff.
    All speculation of course because we know nothing but imagine if she was involved in an upcoming highschool pack or kids pack 😱

It's never about "who does it better" modders and the sims live in harmony and their work complements each other.

Maxis hiring a modder than make mods for teen/tweens, for a high school/teen pack

ctrl+shift+C
    MOTHERLODE
    MOTHERLODE
    MOTHERLODE
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    If this is going to be the next EP I hope it isn't entirely focused on school and it instead more of a general teenage/child focused pack (or just... generations focused)

What I'd like to see is the return of private schools. Different schools could focus on different skills, and if the kid graduates they get a special trait that unlocks actions (like the ones in TS3). This would send them into a rabbit hole and they'd come home either at weekends on the end of a season (weekly boarding or term boarder), and you'd still have to selection actions for them via popups while they're at school, and they'd still have their 'at school/at work' options so you can customise how hard they're working, if they're partying, if they're cheating. The schools would be fee paying but there's scholarships too, and they require the sim to retain a certain grade level.

I'd also like more after school clubs (like ballet, painting, bookgroup, homework group. And a ballet skill). And things like school dances, school trips (again, like generations). And mood swings, midlife crisis, canes for elders. Umm... basically, just give me Generations.

And a patch with this EP could include small refreshes for the various supernatural packs giving more actions for child and toddler sims.
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Im at instant gaming and its there.. Releasing on july 28.. Omg :)
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited June 2022
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    While I'm privately looking forwards to anything new, it's a bit early, isn't it EA? I know you want money constantly pounded into your pockets, but give us a chance to absorb Werewolves first.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    How will the world be ?

I would hope they'd save some lot space for anything we can come up with.

I would like to see some new gym equipment like pull up bars instead of kids monkey bars in the neighborhood. They practically put the monkey bars for kids in every world and I have wish for a while that older sims could use them to workout.

I don't know about neighborhood events but it would be nice to have ticket entry school events that the whole family and friends could attend.