Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hotel Vibes

The neutral swatches in the new kit are giving me serious hotel lobby vibes.

It could be wishful thinking but maaaaaybe a hotel pack is on the way...

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    The neutral swatches in the new kit are giving me serious hotel lobby vibes.

It could be wishful thinking but maaaaaybe a hotel pack is on the way...

I didn't get any hotel vibes from this pack, unless the crazy carpets designs counts towards that, but I could use a hotel in my game. Renting an entire lot is for the rich sims, others would much prefer to rent by the room or maybe a small apartment.
  • chocolatefrostingchocolatefrosting Posts: 67 Member
    I seriously doubt it. But a hotel pack would be cool. Unfortunately however, if the sims was planning on adding hotels to the game, they probably would have already included it with the island paradise pack.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    edited April 2022
    I was hoping for hotels, too, but this late I might be fine with just pretending. Self catering/buffet tables and locked doors, and perhaps a few deco sims placed around the lot to make it look busy, LOL. I'm planning to build a beach hotel when I get my hands on MWS pack.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • movefan89movefan89 Posts: 60 Member
    I really want this to happen. It would make me play sims 4 again. I prefer 3 just now
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Not that I'd mind hotels at all, but I'm kinda curious how people expect them to work.

I didn't play 3, but I've watched a couple let's plays using 3, and it looked to me like the guests just vanished into a rabbit hole, which, imo, kinda nullifies the point of building cool amenities for the hotel. Yes, you can still build them, but if they don't get used, it's kinda boring.

On the other hand, there's only so much room and so many sims that can be on a given lot/neighborhood (I think it's like 20-ish) in sims 4, so there's also less incentive to build a large, complex resort if there's only going to be a handful of sims staying there using a variant of the roommate system.

But however they're done, I hope that people who want Hotels in Sims 4 get them.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Not that I'd mind hotels at all, but I'm kinda curious how people expect them to work.

I didn't play 3, but I've watched a couple let's plays using 3, and it looked to me like the guests just vanished into a rabbit hole, which, imo, kinda nullifies the point of building cool amenities for the hotel. Yes, you can still build them, but if they don't get used, it's kinda boring.

On the other hand, there's only so much room and so many sims that can be on a given lot/neighborhood (I think it's like 20-ish) in sims 4, so there's also less incentive to build a large, complex resort if there's only going to be a handful of sims staying there using a variant of the roommate system.

But however they're done, I hope that people who want Hotels in Sims 4 get them.

TS3 had a rabbit hole hotel system, but TS2 had the real thing with check in desk, room service and rent per room. It was more fun to build the hotels though, because just as with restaurants and shops, you can make quite unique hotels. Spa hotel? Wedding hotel? Conference? Exotic holiday? Glam top notch hotel? In TS2 you could easily create sections that would be one unit for renting. It was quite amusing, but it's been too long to remember it all :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

TS3 had a rabbit hole hotel system, but TS2 had the real thing with check in desk, room service and rent per room. It was more fun to build the hotels though, because just as with restaurants and shops, you can make quite unique hotels. Spa hotel? Wedding hotel? Conference? Exotic holiday? Glam top notch hotel? In TS2 you could easily create sections that would be one unit for renting. It was quite amusing, but it's been too long to remember it all :)

THAT is what I would be hoping for, that they'd function similar to how TS2's were. But I just remember how quickly the needs would go down and I constantly used had this cheaty ficus tree that I always placed in all of my houses so i could just click it and fill their needs quickly and I ALWAYS forgot to edit the hotel lots to add one to them so I felt like all I'd ever get done while on vacation was run around eating food and going pee or ending my activity cause my sim needed to sleep.

• movefan89movefan89 Posts: 60 Member
    I never knew sims 2 had hotels.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    I seriously doubt it. But a hotel pack would be cool. Unfortunately however, if the sims was planning on adding hotels to the game, they probably would have already included it with the island paradise pack.
    Nah. Dividing up content into multiple packs is their M.O. Remember that they turned the Pets EP into Cats & Dogs, then sold rodents separately.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

They could add hotels with a Romantic Vacation Pack.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited May 2022
    I’d love it if they did add hotels. Especially like the sims 2 ones.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited June 2022
    I think the Sims Team are hinting here hotels are coming soon

Maybe this is in the same category as the gas stations and multi storey parking lots scattered in several worlds. I would love a hotel pack but I am not getting my hopes up that this is a hint.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I hope so! I really want hotels, sims 2 style preferably.
  • YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    If theyre adding hotels, I hope there is also a permanent option to live there without having to occupy another lot, so we finally have renting apartments that we build ourselves.. oh and it kinda gives us more space for more families to live on too. The lots in the worlds are always in small numbers imo.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I hope they’ll add a Caribbean-inspired world if we’re getting hotels
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

With Caribbean food.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

With Caribbean food.
    Of course
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    We've had Hotel hints many times, so I would have to actually see the facts of it before I start thinking it's going to be in Sims 4.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

That's a lot of wishful thinking going on there.

Ever noticed the gas station decorations in the worlds?

Still no cars.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

My recollection is that it was sort of a rabbithole, for unplayed sims, if you were playing the owner (though not a rabbithole in the sense of something like the schools, move theater, etc.; you could actually see all the rooms in a hotel. However, you could also use the hotel as a guest if your sim was not the owner, and they were fully functional.
    Amapola76 wrote: »

My recollection is that it was sort of a rabbithole, for unplayed sims, if you were playing the owner (though not a rabbithole in the sense of something like the schools, move theater, etc.; you could actually see all the rooms in a hotel. However, you could also use the hotel as a guest if your sim was not the owner, and they were fully functional.

The hotel in TS3 was basically a bed in a community lot, there was no concierge, no room service like in TS2, and your bed was yours only as long as you slept in it, next night you had to find another free bed on the lot.