Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Werewolves Positivity Thread

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I'm very happy with the pack so far. No custom packs is still a bit of a downer, but my greatest worry were the randomly assigned temperaments. But I found that MCCC can swap temperaments in and out, since they are coded as hidden traits. As long as you know what they are called, you can choose more in-character ones. (For example one of my weres is noise-sensitive from a traumatic event. There is nothing in his traits that relates to that, so the game cannot know this and therefore not assign the Sensitive hearing temperament. I was able to do it manually.)
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    So I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised-- shocked, even-- by how quickly they added the trailer premades, along with some others, to the gallery. Including the blonde woman, so yay, she made it after all! Although I was a bit surprised by her traits and backstory, but I can work with it. I think she and her husband are going to move in with the spywolf I created and moved into Wolfsbane Manor in Forgotten Hollow. (Because who would suspect a wolf of moving into Wolfsbane Manor?) My "spywolf" is going to be a secret agent who spends all his time using his small telescope to look up the hill and spy on Vlad. Blonde wolf sim looks ever so vaguely vampish, so she and her husband are going to be part of my spywolf's cover story, as they will not look totally out of place in Forgotten Hollow. They might need to befriend the Vatores to help blend in. As they are also rather larcenous, if they happen to roam around stealing from the vampires in the neighborhood, well, so be it.

Naturally all three of them will be founding members of my Wildfang Pack-Nomad Chapter club. And yes, of course a tunnel to the wolf bunker is immediately going to go in the basement or backyard of Wolfsbane Manor...
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I’m loving this pack so far. My sim adopted a dog and the go out howling together. I love how now you can see strays in the world. The best thing about this pack is how many different kind of werewolf’s you can end up with. My werewolf sim is a prideful werewolf anyone who dislikes werewolf’s automatically makes him mad, he hates loud sounds from the tv or radio and when he’s flirty he goes wild 😆. I’m soooo happy there is no cool downs for the skills you can pick so he just digs for items all day.
  • Options
    WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    So I had heard that there was a glitch that the werewolves were invisible, is this still the case? Also has anyone tried doing any werewolf x vampire relationships yet?
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Werescythe wrote: »
    So I had heard that there was a glitch that the werewolves were invisible, is this still the case? Also has anyone tried doing any werewolf x vampire relationships yet?
    The glitch is fixed and its kinda hard to do a vampire x werewolf relationship cause they both hate each other and there bar goes into the red as soon as they meet.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    Having a lot of fun with this so far.
    The bar is brilliant, clever use of the space and was a nice surprise.
    It's the BB and CAS that are standout, we so badly needed shabby furniture, going to be using these pieces in every world.
    Moonwood Mill is beautiful, but have already run out of lots, sigh. Discovered the trailer sims in the gallery only after I'd placed my own sims, so now someone has to be evicted.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Children even get werewolf specific moodlets <3 I also like that sims feel guilty for turning into a werewolf and scaring their loved ones, and that they can try to encourage sympathy for it.
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Okay, so the 'hate on sight' thing with Vampires is annoying, to me at least. I personally don't intend to incorporate that aspect of gameplay into my ongoing story, so I've experimented with ways to negate it.

It seems as if vampires and werewolves who are already family members (brothers or sisters, for example), don't lose established friendship (just don't ask your vampire sibling for werewolf sympathy, because it will annoy them and give them a tense buff). For other sims, unless they were already previously friends with a vampire, they will get varying levels of red bar dislike as soon as a vampire is near them, but you do seem to be able to get around that by either a) performing a bunch of positive social interactions until you get the vampire to like you, or b) using MCCC to cheat the relationship levels.

Honestly this is a minor annoyance for me and has not taken away from how much fun I'm having with this new pack.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I love how sims get tense moodlets around werewolves that are in wolf form :blush: It would be fun if vampires had something like this too when they are in their dark form.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I haven't messed with joining a pack yet. I have played through getting Werebies from Greg twice though. Wow! That hunger gets rough! Always cook for eight! Actually starved Cassandra once when the hunger bottomed out mid-cooking. I found it a little challenging at first because it's all-new but as I'm getting more customized and more abilities it's really a lot of fun.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,841 Member
    @Hearts4u Thank you for that information. Now I know what to do when my werewolves want a 'fresh' meal.😯
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    I never really understood what lore was until the release of this pack. Pretty amazing.

Do not look if you don't want to see Greg in Sims form. Yet, the two paintings in game are pretty awesome.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    @Hearts4u Thank you for that information. Now I know what to do when my werewolves want a 'fresh' meal.😯

This is brilliant. There are probably a lot of things to discover. They really stepped it up on this pack.
  • Options
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    Having a lot of fun with this so far.
    The bar is brilliant, clever use of the space and was a nice surprise.
    It's the BB and CAS that are standout, we so badly needed shabby furniture, going to be using these pieces in every world.
    Moonwood Mill is beautiful, but have already run out of lots, sigh. Discovered the trailer sims in the gallery only after I'd placed my own sims, so now someone has to be evicted.

I haven't gone into BB yet, but you are right, the CAS is killing it. I'd have to go all the way back to the beginning of TS4 to find the last sim I had that was totally dressed in Maxis items. The ones I make for the gallery are cc free, but when I play them in my game they're head to toe cc. Not Ava and I don't feel any need for cc beyond what little makeup I use on her. They're on a roll with CAS lately.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Hearts4u wrote: »

This is brilliant. There are probably a lot of things to discover. They really stepped it up on this pack.

I finally got rid of the angry moodlet my werewolf had by taking her fishing. She caught a goldfish and I had her eat it and that solved it. The chickens work out better for her because she lives in Henford, Cordelia's Secret Cottage specifically. She could raise her own 'snacks" right on her property. Weird as that sounds.
  • Options

I finally got rid of the angry moodlet my werewolf had by taking her fishing. She caught a goldfish and I had her eat it and that solved it. The chickens work out better for her because she lives in Henford, Cordelia's Secret Cottage specifically. She could raise her own 'snacks" right on her property. Weird as that sounds.

It is so much more fun to have challenges and figure out workaround to things in game. That is what I've always done. Really like how you discovered that @DaniRose2143
  • Options

It is so much more fun to have challenges and figure out workaround to things in game. That is what I've always done. Really like how you discovered that @DaniRose2143

Aw thank you. I just stumbled onto it. I had her searching for Greg's cabin when I realized she was just steps away from the lake. I thought what the heck let's see what happens.🙂
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    This is my werewolf to be!
    It's funny because he's a sim I made based on the joker some time ago but played with him only here and there because I never had any clear direction for him even though I like him a lot! I knew i wanted him to be enemy to my main vampire but in my mind he just didn't fit any of the occults we had so I left him human. Fast forward to werewolves and now I have a clear path for him! He will become a werewolf and rise in the ranks to be an alpha. He will rain chaos agaisnt vampires and strike terror in the hearts of sims 🤭
    Eventually I may make him a fated mate based on Harley Quinn.
    I can't wait to work on his werewolf form but this patch caused a cc-pocalypse so I'm waiting on fixes before I update. I've been busy with outdoor activities like rollers skating and stuff since it's really nice weather here anyway so I'm playing through you guys for now.
    Oh, almost forgot the picture 🤭
    vkv8V6W.jpeg
    dKNOtXg.jpeg
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    I love that werewolves and vampires hate each other and fight autonomously without me having to force them to do it.
    I didn't have time to play yesterday much because I spent too much time in CAS and today I've been busy all day, but tomorrow I'm going to play as much as I can. :smiley:
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Greg is the guy in the spooky pack painting?!

I love it! I must now hunt down Greg and immediately have him marry one of my Sims.

• Options
    The Sims creators have definitely outdone themselves with this pack. There's so much to discover & fairly easy ways around the stuff some of us might not want to play with. It's something for everyone, and I am having an absolute ball with it. :)

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    It seems as if vampires and werewolves who are already family members (brothers or sisters, for example), don't lose established friendship (just don't ask your vampire sibling for werewolf sympathy, because it will annoy them and give them a tense buff.)

So glad to hear that. The parents in my household are Spellcasters and I've moved two of the daughters to Moonwood Mills. One will become a Werewolf and the other a Vampire. Then they'll rejoin the household in Willow Creek.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Greg is the guy in the spooky pack painting?!

I love it! I must now hunt down Greg and immediately have him marry one of my Sims.
    Awww, I wish you'd put that under a spoiler 😒

I haven't had chance to play yet, I want to build or download a couple of lots first for the 30x30 and to replace the starter home, which I'm not fond of the design.

The bb stuff looks totally awesome, but I forgot to check the prices lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top