Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Basic Traits

I think the game could always benefit from more traits, but I have a couple I'd like to see:

Awkward - Sims are prone to getting Embarrassed. They can sometimes randomly get an embarrassed moodlet, and they sometimes might get an Embarrassed moodlet, Self-Conscious, when performing Romantic or Funny interactions or have Romantic interactions performed on them. I'm thinking this would be similar to Hot-Headed or Goofball. It's weird that Embarrassed is the only basic emotion that seems blatantly missing from having a personality trait around it.

Occult Enthusiast - This Sim becomes happy when around Occult Sims (Vampires, Werewolves, Spellcasters, Aliens, Mermaids, etc), and has a better chance of convincing Occult Sims of turning them. They are also able to identify Occult life states in other Sims more easily.

Occult Skeptic - This Sim becomes tense when around Occult Sims, and can perform special mean interactions with Occult Sims.

Shy - Other Sims have difficulty talking to this Sim, but they build relationship faster with Sims they've befriended. So like my Awkward above, this would be sort of a "Friendly Conversation" version of Unflirty. Shy people can be hard to crack open in conversation, and it's a pretty common trait in a lot of people, which is why it's odd that the Sims doesn't have anything like this.

Comments

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I would love to have those traits too. I also really miss the Neurotic trait.
  • BoyolloBoyollo Posts: 18 Member
    More traits would be great, add a little more variety in combination (Also, the ones you suggested actually feel important, unlike lactose intolerant, like, what were they thinking when they added that?).

> @annaliese39 said:
    > I would love to have those traits too. I also really miss the Neurotic trait.

It kinda still exists as the paranoid, right? They seem pretty similar.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited June 2022
    Boyollo wrote: »
    It kinda still exists as the paranoid, right? They seem pretty similar.

I suppose you could argue they are similar, but I think they are quite different. Paranoid sims basically think other sims are out to get them and like hanging out in basements. That doesn't sound like my sim at all. He worried about things more generally and liked checking things, sharing his worries, washing his hands, cleaning etc. to help him feel calm. It was one of my favourite traits and unfortunately one I could relate to!
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I would love a "socially awkward" sim trait but It would be how other sims view that particular sim. Family and friends could experience embarrassment being around you or when you come up in conversation. Certain sims may be hesitant to befriend a socially awkward sim. I'm not sure what would be awkward about the sim but I think this would be a nice way to illustrate some stories.

The shy trait reminds me of the loner trait. loner's can feel tense or embarrassment. They'll go to another part of the house when sims are around.