Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which The Sims game has the best wardrobe ?

2...Next

Comments

• viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    The Sims 2
    TS2 because the clothing for teen girls was exactly how I wanted to dress at the time.
  • AaleynAaleyn Posts: 293 Member
    The Sims 4
    I have played TS1, TS2 and now playing only TS4. I skipped TS3 because it just isn't for my liking (many reasons), and I also don't like how the sims look (all in all) in that version.

TS1 had nice clothes but there were limitations and not so much variety.

With TS2 I used a lot of CC, and so I had also a lot of CC clothing. The game's "basic options" were not diverse enough for my liking so I wanted more variety with CC.

With TS4 I love how the sims look (all in all). There is so much variety and I love all of it in this version, so I don't need to use any CC in TS4 (I don't need to and I don't want to).
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    The Sims 4
    IMO, Sims 3 clothes don't start getting nice until the later expansions. I'm not thinking about stuff packs or online store DLC, though. It's also a similar situation with Sims 2. The stuff from Apartment Life looks SO much better than stuff from base game. And Island Paradise is the prettiest EP in Sims 3.

But I've always been happy with Sims 4 clothes, even base game ones. CAS has definitely improved as time has gone on, just like the past games, but I never thought Sims 4 base game was ugly like I did with TS2&3.

Sims 3 is my favorite Sims game in general, but Sims 4 definitely wins when it comes to graphics.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    The Sims 4
    For me the sims 4 definitely wins this
  • iThreeMusketsiThreeMuskets Posts: 11 New Member
    The Sims 3
    I wanna say TS3 and TS4 but like TS3 was better with their uniqueness and how much you could design but TS4 has better meshes etc.
  • Humusk1Humusk1 Posts: 23 Member
    I suppose it depends on how you like your sims to be dressed. Check out Movie Hangout if you like bright, bohemian things. Preppy floral clothing is available at Romantic Garden. Fitness Stuff has some truly one-of-a-kind fitness and athleisure wear. Kids Stuff has a nice selection of children's clothing, and I'm sure the upcoming toddler pack will do the same.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    The Sims 2
    I really wanted to say TS4 but then I remembered how much CC I had downloaded.
    Sims 3 look but ugly, their faces their clothes their hair -- with CC its manageable but still i just look at the screen with squinted eyes so I dont have to think about it.
    Sims 2 had really basic clothes but they looked nice. The nostalgic 2000s feel is cool too.
    Sims 1 for console at least, definitely couldve added more clothing options.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    The Sims 4
    The Sims 4 lets me easily put men in a dress so it wins by default.

Plus, tying hats to hairstyles stinks. There's a lot of hats in previous games that were tied to hair styles that I did not fit the character I'm going for (ie having a short-haired woman suddenly growing a pony tail when she wears a specific hat).

Create-a-style is good in the Sims 3 but it doesn't outweigh the plusses of just freeing up all restrictions.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    The Sims 4
    If we were comparing CASs and the effect on clothing, 3 would be the QoL runaway for create a style and saving options. However, I do still play 3 and I am constantly running into walls when dressing my Sims. I have all the packs and I only have a few hairs and outfits I really like to use. I suppose if I would fork over for the store I would have more, but the store and I never got along.

It is so much easier to dress my Sims in things I like in 4 (and even 2, but 4 beats it in variance). They look great and I can make a lot of Sims with similar styles and varied concepts, which I just couldn't in 3. Same style practically meant the same clothes back then. (By the way, it isn't lost on me my opinion on looks of clothes ties to how well I like the art style. Probably why 3's clothes hardly looked good to me.)

I wish 4's CAS had those QoL features. The swatches are usually half decent, but it can never overshadow the freedom of create-a-style. I also wish I could save clothes sets, but 4 is about the only game I have really needed the extra outfit slots/saves.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited May 2022
    The Sims 3
    I love you Sims 2, but sadly there has to be a time where it has to be said.

The Sims 3 lets me make my Sims trousers out of bricks. And that alone might top off the CAS clothing ...Now I will feel bad for comparing the Sims 1, being what it is, it feels like bullying to compare, so I won't mention it.

In all seriousness, create a style is the best feature we had period. If I didn't like a shade of black in the Sims 2 or 4 I had to live with it, or find a different pair of clothes entirely. If I wanted my Sim to wear nicer looking socks I just had to find a nice CAS pattern and edit the colours about.

The Sims 2 has some nice outfits, but why did EA put so many sandals on the male outfits. Sandals with jeans and a hoodie, sandals with a t-shirt and trousers... Its just too much. The women have a nice selection though!

The Sims 4 does some good like having nail polish, seperate hats and gender neutural clothing but as long as I have Create-A-Style I could keep making my denim aliens and baggy camoflague pants to go as simplistic to as mid 2000s as I wanted.

L9q8VGi.png
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    The Sims 3
    Sims 3's clothing texture left a lot to be desired, but it had the quantity.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I honestly am dead split.
    1 and 2 were both sooooo bad imo. I had to have so much cc to dress my sims. They aren't even in the running.
    3 looked shiny which was awful, BUT CaSt was so freaking brilliant, my cc downloading dropped immensely. And a mod removed the shine.
    4 however has better meshes imo than ever before. Definitely more options, and I think in general better looking outfits. But is limited to their swatches..
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    The Sims 3
    The Sims 3, and it's not even close. Pick the basic shape of the garment from a huge number of choices, and then make whatever pattern you wish. The theoretical limit is so high that there's practically no limit on the range of choices for wardrobe.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    The Sims 2
    I picked Sims 2 because that is how I dress. I pick stuff that's comfortable for me and Sims 2 reflects that. I know it's limited and old compared to what's in Sims 3 and 4 but that doesn't matter to me.
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    The Sims 2
    I picked The Sims 2 because I vaguely remember there being a bigger selection of more ordinary clothes rather than the 'fashion' that makes up the bulk of The Sims 4 wardrobe. Sometimes I just want an ordinary outfit for my middle aged sims to wear around the house.

Create a Style was a nice feature of The Sims 3 but I hated how plastic and shiny things looked sometimes.
  • Humusk1Humusk1 Posts: 23 Member
    Unless I come up with multiple outfits I like or if they'd have more for story reasons, I usually have 5 everyday outfits and then 1 for each of the other categories (like an athletic sim might have a few different workout options, or a famous sim has several red carpet gowns, etc)
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    The Sims 4
    I have to go with Sims 4 on this, because even though the color wheel and pattern selector was awesome in Sims 3, it was harder to create things from scratch because of the mesh layers and lighting layers, etc... Also, it feels to me like the creators are more focused on creating newer/more trending fashion choices along with the quirky and more vintage looks.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • TawkTawk Posts: 23 Member
    The Sims 4
    I'd say Sims 4. Specifically the Vampire Pack.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    The Sims 4
    Create-a-style in TS3 was great (except I didn't like how it tended to make e.g. true black look plastic) but I think just comparing the amount of CC I have downloaded tells me a pretty clear story that I'm very satisfied with TS4 offerings. I have hardly any CC minus some masculine stuff but even then it's mostly hair. Also, TS4 has opened up the CAS and no longer has silly limitations about anything really. Want to wear a gown into a pool? Knock yourself out. A guy feeling like he'd look great in heels? Go right ahead.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    The Sims 3
    I agree that sims4 has the best choice flexibility ans seems to win by sheer numbers, the amount of clothing items is staggering. But it's also lacking because so much of its emphasis is on extremes and things that were a fad that's now way out and not yet vintage/cool, but just Walmart Clearance 2 years ago yuck.

So I appreciate 2 and 3 for being more centered on simple basics that might not have been so cutting edge, but endured the test of time better.

1 was not about fashion dolls. The clothes were there to give you a blurred image, a snapshot of what to expect of that character, like Bella's red dress, and I don't think I bothered with changing their clothes.

I kind of like that bliss of not having to think too much about such details.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • CoraRoseCoraRose Posts: 16 Member
    The Sims 4
    Sims 4 because I like the way the game looks