Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Werewolff Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    All I know is this.......

Vampires, Werewolves, and Witches (spellcasters) are NOT friends. And they are not shy when it comes to telling each other that. In fact, pretty much any mention of this popular lore triad will teach that these individuals are mortal enemies who constantly fight, and try to kill each other. There is no peace treaties amongst these occult figures. They hate each other, and that's it.

The sims however, is a completely different world .... with completely differently rules. 2 mortal enemies who at best tolerate each other's existance, can be best friends in the sims, or be married, or just be happy house mates.. Things that would hurt/kill you in reality, won't hurt/kill a sim... etc, etc.

Because the sims is a fantasy world, that allows us to throw out the rule book and create our own crazy land of ideas and new rules..... that's the best part of the sims. The freedom to have our own world of laws.

However, when it comes to popular lore, like the triad we are now able to achieve (witches, vampires, and werewolves) it can be questioned if changing the rules for these historical creatures is ... well.... is it something we should be doing? That's like changing the persona of the easter bunny, or santa claus.... so that they are now something completely different.

If witches, vampires, and werewolves are historically mortal enemies, shouldn't that remain the same in the sims. If the sims game adopts their lore...... then shouldn't the sims game ... adopt its lore... in full meaning and representation... and not rewrite historical lore to fit the game's fantasy world of all blue skies and roses?

I think the witches and warlocks are sat eating popcorn and are just spectators in this fight tho' :grin:

Extending the club system would have been the ideal tool for setting factions and such like. Perhaps what they should have done is given us bands (yeah right - maybe just the music mixer from Get Famous) along with DJs and added the club system to the base game which could be used for creating factions, enemies, alliances, covens, orders, packs of 2 to 20 sims.

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited June 2022
    oh one more concern
    are the randomized townies going to now also be werewolves on top of being vampires and celebrities

i sure hope not
    I wish there was toggle so i could just have my own occults and such
    and not have weird randomized townies gaining powers from absolutely nowhere
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited June 2022
    For the record, I do like the idea of it being harder for werewolves and vampires to build positive relationships with each other. But I can definitely see how the insta "on-sight" behavior might get super annoying.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    oh one more concern

are the randomized townies going to now also be werewolves on top of being vampires and celebrities

That's a problem I've heard about but I don't think I've ever experienced it myself. I don't remember ever seeing a townie in my game become a vampire or celebrity if I didn't make them one.

Spellcasters though? Yeah that's happened to me before -___-
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited June 2022

Vampires, Werewolves, and Witches (spellcasters) are NOT friends. And they are not shy when it comes to telling each other that. In fact, pretty much any mention of this popular lore triad will teach that these individuals are mortal enemies who constantly fight, and try to kill each other. There is no peace treaties amongst these occult figures. They hate each other, and that's it.

The sims however, is a completely different world .... with completely differently rules. 2 mortal enemies who at best tolerate each other's existance, can be best friends in the sims, or be married, or just be happy house mates.. Things that would hurt/kill you in reality, won't hurt/kill a sim... etc, etc.

Because the sims is a fantasy world, that allows us to throw out the rule book and create our own crazy land of ideas and new rules..... that's the best part of the sims. The freedom to have our own world of laws.

However, when it comes to popular lore, like the triad we are now able to achieve (witches, vampires, and werewolves) it can be questioned if changing the rules for these historical creatures is ... well.... is it something we should be doing? That's like changing the persona of the easter bunny, or santa claus.... so that they are now something completely different.

If witches, vampires, and werewolves are historically mortal enemies, shouldn't that remain the same in the sims. If the sims game adopts their lore...... then shouldn't the sims game ... adopt its lore... in full meaning and representation... and not rewrite historical lore to fit the game's fantasy world of all blue skies and roses?

Lol. Witches, vampires, and werewolves are not "historically mortal enemies." Supernatural lore goes back a LOT further than Twilight. (Or Underworld, or online fan fiction.) There are stories about creatures like this that go back thousands of years in every (or almost every) culture on earth. Representing them as inherently inimical to each other is very much a product of contemporary pop culture.

Which is fine, if that's the direction they wanted to go in, but it would be ludicrous to think that simmers who want their supernaturals to ally with each other in their own game are somehow breaking the rules.
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    oh one more concern

i sure hope not
    I wish there was toggle so i could just have my own occults and such and not have weird randomized townies gaining powers from absolutely nowhere

The amount of times I've said "Who are you, and why are you a vampire" is quite astounding. I also hate how when you go to the magic realm I see Bob Pancakes in there casting spells.... when if I went to his actual home, he would not be a spellcaster. I hate it so much. I don't want to see premades in the magic realm unless they are actual spellcasters.
  • Options
    muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    edited June 2022

I think the witches and warlocks are sat eating popcorn and are just spectators in this fight tho' :grin:

Extending the club system would have been the ideal tool for setting factions and such like. Perhaps what they should have done is given us bands (yeah right - maybe just the music mixer from Get Famous) along with DJs and added the club system to the base game which could be used for creating factions, enemies, alliances, covens, orders, packs of 2 to 20 sims.

Not at all. The witches are sometimes the ones starting the argument. Each of these three are dangerous and powerful lore characters who like to manipulate war upon the other two. The ones eating the popcorn watching the fight are everyone else... such as the faries and mermaids. lol.

I'm not sure which other lore character is willing to play games with the feuding triad. They usually keep their distance from such dangerous historical politics.
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member

Not at all. The witches are sometimes the ones starting the argument. Each of these three are dangerous and powerful lore characters who like to manipulate war upon the other two. The ones eating the popcorn watching the fight are everyone else... such as the faries and mermaids. lol.

In most of my games, the spellcasters are almost ALWAYS the ones starting the problems lol. And in my head, mermaids are a branch of fairies(until we can get real fairies) and so yes, they are the only occult that don't get involved but like watching the drama.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited June 2022
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    For the record, I do like the idea of it being harder for werewolves and vampires to build positive relationships with each other. But I can definitely see how the insta "on-sight" behavior might get super annoying.
    oh one more concern

That's a problem I've heard about but I don't think I've ever experienced it myself. I don't remember ever seeing a townie in my game become a vampire or celebrity if I didn't make them one.

Spellcasters though? Yeah that's happened to me before -___-

Well I just had randomized townie celebrities run all over Bella Goth Global Superstar in accolades so yep.
    they be getting famous by themselves all they like
    and i even deleted all randomized townies before i went to accolades at all
    but game still created new ones just to give them accolades
    instead of any actual household sims *sighs*

also if you stay at forgotten hollow for a second
    your game is immediately ran over by crowd of nonsense vampires no one ever turned
    dang it who is responsible is it u caleb vlads been at house all nice
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Plumbeeb wrote: »
    I certainly wouldn't want it patched out, but I do think the developers need to revisit how it's implemented. I know what they've said about toggles and game stability, but I think they're a necessity when occults are involved. In my opinion, the best solution would be to have each of the occult life states as likes or dislikes, that way players can customise it beyond broader terms like "occult fan" or "occult sceptic".

I've always felt like a lot of commotion could have been so easily avoided by including toggles. Options are never a bad thing, and if we were given the appropriate toggles from the start, then I'm willing to bet that our favourite occults, deaths or actions would not have been changed in the ways that they have.

Thing is - mods give me those options and I have a fair few of 'em installed and I haven't ever noticed a problem with stability. I am not sure what that means. So adding options will..... what?

In any case, they could do the usual disclaimer - Altering default settings may result in your game becoming unstable. Are you sure you want to continue? Yes | No

My understanding is that the developers were alluding to overall performance, and possibly game breaking bugs? Honestly, I don't really know in what way these toggles affect game stability, I just remember them briefly mentioning why they seldom add toggles - I want to say this was around when Neighborhood Stories was patched in, but I could be wrong.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Amapola76 wrote: »

Lol. Witches, vampires, and werewolves are not "historically mortal enemies." Supernatural lore goes back a LOT further than Twilight. (Or Underworld, or online fan fiction.) There are stories about creatures like this that go back thousands of years in every (or almost every) culture on earth. Representing them as inherently inimical to each other is very much a product of contemporary pop culture.

Which is fine, if that's the direction they wanted to go in, but it would be ludicrous to think that simmers who want their supernaturals to ally with each other in their own game are somehow breaking the rules.

If you go back in time far enough... as you suggest, you will learn/notice that one is governed by the sun (vampire). Another by the moon (werewolves), and the third, by the stars (witches). Each of which are powerful opposing forces.

There was some crazy story as well that went something like...

Mother was Moon, Father was Sun, and their children were each star. Not sure where that's from so.... lets work really hard to block it out of our minds lol.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Where has this idea come from that vampires and werewolves are enemies? I am assuming modern movies. Yes they are enemies in some stories, but certainly not all, in fact in some lore they are one and the same! There are many different interpretations and they are all valid. I don't know enough about werewolves in TS4 yet to make a judgement, but I hope there is a way for vampires and werewolves to put aside their differences and learn to get along if the player wishes. My sim's marriage depends on it! I was so excited about werewolves, but now I'm worried the story I want to tell won't be possible, which defeats the purpose of the game for me. :/
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

Sadly, I have not seen any mention of how my spellcasters can manipulate anything in this pack. I was hoping they would throw something their way in this pack.

Personally, I am OK with default werewolves and vampires start as enemies - means I can finally do a version of West Side Story :smiley:

Now fairies we definitely need those (and pixies). As for their behavior, well that will depend on which mythology you take them from - they can go from helpful to downright evil!
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Re: the lore. The downside is that it creaes a situation where in in-game lore impacts your ability to play how you want. You could play a game where werewolves and vampires live together, for hundreds of in-game generations, and Mr. Wolf will still be racist to vampires, even if his wife, kids and half of his beloved family are vampires. It makes no sense and just railroads you into a narrative without choice.
    Except now they’re scrubbed so there is no random or chance with them now either. Everyone agrees we need more drama and spontaneity…until they add more drama and spontaneity. Then everyone is like oh no! Please tone it down! I fully anticipate the vampire vs. werewolves situation will be scrubbed out by this time next week too and despite the lore whenever they meet it will be all hugs and kisses as per usual in this game. 🥰
    For what it's worth, they eventually added a toggle for vampire break-ins. That's the perfect way to address the issue.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2022
    deleted
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

If you go back in time far enough... as you suggest, you will learn/notice that one is governed by the sun (vampire). Another by the moon (werewolves), and the third, by the stars (witches). Each of which are powerful opposing forces.

If you go back in time far enough, you will find some cultures considered them all to be minions of the devil and allied with each other. Others considered them to be rivals. And still others considered them to be generally hostile to humans, but neutral or friendly to each other.

The point is, there is no one historically true and correct version of the lore, which means any simmer who wants to play them as friendly or neutral toward each other is perfectly valid in doing so.
  • Options
    edited June 2022

If you go back in time far enough, you will find some cultures considered them all to be minions of the devil and allied with each other. Others considered them to be rivals. And still others considered them to be generally hostile to humans, but neutral or friendly to each other.

The point is, there is no one historically true and correct version of the lore, which means any simmer who wants to play them as friendly or neutral toward each other is perfectly valid in doing so.

Then forget the lore, and start from its origins.

One is written to represent the sun (vampire). Another is written to represent the moon (werewolves). Go from there. Though the moon and sun are not enemies. They are both opposing forces, in the sense that each, more so than not, do the opposite of each other, Each is the negative to the other's positive. The stars (astrology) is a completely different mess for the Witches to play with.

ETA: I have a better idea lol. How about we all just believe whatever the hell we want lol. Its the sims where everything is true for everyone.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2022
    Gordy wrote: »
    Re: the lore. The downside is that it creaes a situation where in in-game lore impacts your ability to play how you want. You could play a game where werewolves and vampires live together, for hundreds of in-game generations, and Mr. Wolf will still be racist to vampires, even if his wife, kids and half of his beloved family are vampires. It makes no sense and just railroads you into a narrative without choice.
    Except now they’re scrubbed so there is no random or chance with them now either. Everyone agrees we need more drama and spontaneity…until they add more drama and spontaneity. Then everyone is like oh no! Please tone it down! I fully anticipate the vampire vs. werewolves situation will be scrubbed out by this time next week too and despite the lore whenever they meet it will be all hugs and kisses as per usual in this game. 🥰
    For what it's worth, they eventually added a toggle for vampire break-ins. That's the perfect way to address the issue.

What toggle? I haven’t had a vampire break-in and bite my sim in literally years. I will just set aside plenty of time to enjoy this pack as it is for as long as it lasts before the next patch or SDX turns it into Vampires + Werewolves = BFFs 4 Ever! ❤️
  • Options

Hmmm, in a Sims game allying Supernatural's is breaking the rules? Even though Sims 4 has changed what I learned from previous versions is that one can challenge to a degree what they create with whatever tools are giving to them. It is not wrong for a player to have groups of different supernatural's being friendly toward each other as it is a game that play it out how they want to play it. There are different lore's for each supernatural and one may not be accurate more than the other. So, what is the consequences for doing so, there is none because Sims series is not deep on the rules as other games that deal with supernaturals that relies on lore.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options

Then forget the lore, and start from its origins.

One is written to represent the sun (vampire). Another is written to represent the moon (werewolves). Go from there. Though the moon and sun are not enemies. They are both opposing forces, in the sense that each, more so than not, do the opposite of each other, Each is the negative to the other's positive. The stars (astrology) is a completely different mess for the Witches to play with.

ETA: I have a better idea lol. How about we all just believe whatever the hell we want lol. Its the sims where everything is true for everyone.

I agree.
  • Options
    What toggle? I haven’t had a vampire break-in and bite my sim in literally years. I will just set aside plenty of time to enjoy this pack as it is for as long as it lasts before the next patch or SDX turns it into Vampires + Werewolves = BFFs 4 Ever! ❤️
    They added a toggle to disallow vampire visits. I think it was last year or in 2020? And around that time, more people on the forums were happily reporting vampire break-ins. But yeah, they should up the odds, because it's clearly not enough.

At any rate, I agree that things shouldn't be taken away from other players, and we should have drama. But in this case, I feel the drama is negatively impacting my ability to tell stories and make my sims consistent. This isn't like vampire break-ins, this is something that will impact my everyday gameplay without giving me any choice in the matter.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited June 2022
    I noticed in the Early Access videos I watched that the Werewolves kept howling in CAS. We have the same issue with Vampires, And Spellcasters doing their CAS animation all the time.

Why not turn it down a notch ? That and I’m sure it would be easier to handle for computers like my MacBook, as it often makes CAS laggy for me.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2022
    Gordy wrote: »
    They added a toggle to disallow vampire visits. I think it was last year or in 2020? And around that time, more people on the forums were happily reporting vampire break-ins. But yeah, they should up the odds, because it's clearly not enough.

At any rate, I agree that things shouldn't be taken away from other players, and we should have drama. But in this case, I feel the drama is negatively impacting my ability to tell stories and make my sims consistent. This isn't like vampire break-ins, this is something that will impact my everyday gameplay without giving me any choice in the matter.

The gurus are all indicating on Twitter that vampire + werewolf romance/friendships are possible. It just seems like it will require effort on the players part and in a game we’re pretty much nothing requires any effort at all I don’t see this as a bad thing. Why not have just one feature that requires we put some thought into it, & strategize a bit, instead of the default of having it just land in our laps? I don’t find any toggle at all related to vampire break-ins either.
  • Options
    Where has this idea come from that vampires and werewolves are enemies? I am assuming modern movies. Yes they are enemies in some stories, but certainly not all, in fact in some lore they are one and the same! There are many different interpretations and they are all valid. I don't know enough about werewolves in TS4 yet to make a judgement, but I hope there is a way for vampires and werewolves to put aside their differences and learn to get along if the player wishes. My sim's marriage depends on it! I was so excited about werewolves, but now I'm worried the story I want to tell won't be possible, which defeats the purpose of the game for me. :/

You see many has different points of view and in some aspect yes, I forgot the movie title, but in that movie and the sequels the lore was heavily relied on because that was one of the plots but it shows lore is not real in a sense lore can be what you want it to be and they did just that, one can't say they are wrong for lore has to be tangible to say who is wrong or right. The game is not out yet so what is possible is not clear yet. Being this is Sims (can't believe I am posting this) and it involves Wolves which is on top of my supernatural list I know how Sims series is developed and the type of genre, lore is not as important as it would be if I was playing a Vans Hesling game or another.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    The gurus are all indicating on Twitter that vampire + werewolf romance/friendships are possible. It just seems like it will require effort on the players part and in a game we’re pretty much nothing requires any effort at all I don’t see this as a bad thing. Why not have just one feature that requires we put some thought into it, & strategize a bit, instead of the default of having it just land in our laps? I don’t find any toggle at all related to vampire break-ins either.
    I mentioned it before, but I'm fine with putting in effort to make relationships happen. It'll probably not take all that much effort to fix individual relationships. But this will impact every vampire/werewolf relationship at first, even when it won't make sense for the sims. If I want to fix things, I'll have to repeatedly stop what I'm doing to make my sims spend all night with the vampires just to fix things. And I'd have to do that with multiple werewolves, and multiple vampires. And it'll keep on happening. It's just this constant obstacle that gets in my way, makes my sim act in a way that isn't consistent with their character, and will take a lot of my time because I like to have a lot of occults running around.

IIRC the toggle is on your sim's front door. Click it and there should be an option related to vampires.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2022

Sadly, I have not seen any mention of how my spellcasters can manipulate anything in this pack. I was hoping they would throw something their way in this pack.

Personally, I am OK with default werewolves and vampires start as enemies - means I can finally do a version of West Side Story :smiley:

Now fairies we definitely need those (and pixies). As for their behavior, well that will depend on which mythology you take them from - they can go from helpful to downright evil!

I agree. The spellcasters in the sims are greatly lacking. Spellcasters (witches) are very well known for healing magick. The spellcasters in the sims however... well... funny story lol. One of the leading ideas that spellcasters are known for the sims team decided to ignore and just leave out of the game.

The sims team doesn't seem to focus on lore, or the politics of, when adding lore characters to the sims game. We get the appearance of the characters with sparkles and stuff. And everything else... including much of which we know or believe about these characters... just simply don't exist.

And well..... that's the sims lol.