Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Werewolff Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I really wish we had the option to create our own packs or at least edit the ones in game. I’m hoping someone will mod in this feature as it’s messed up the story I was hoping to play. I rarely play with pre-mades and it seems with more packs coming out ea are pushing us to play with their sims and their own lore rather than us creating our own.
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    They could have added Likes and Dislikes for all Occult states instead, but no. I'm gonna have to see how this work in game. Relationship going down every time they enter the same space? Constant dislike, and you'll have to keep them apart?

This might make things a bit strained for my Werewolf/Vampire siblings, but no matter. You're not stopping me from playing my story, game.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    The devs have been pretty upfront and unambiguous about the fact that there’s strong bad blood between werewolves and vampires to the point of war basically so I don’t see how anyone is surprised at the level of animosity between them.

I think it's just more to the fact that they defaulted to a really tired trope that to everyone is a fan of that's the issue, rather than the built inn animosity.

Like if you have a story where you want to play a married vamp-werewolf family, that means that the weresim and vampsim will be in negative relationship status, despite being married and possibly having children. Like it makes no sense.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    - a lack of new gameplay objects. The tunnels are the ones, because telescopes are basegame and not really new. And tunnels don't seem to be very interesting.
    - no tails
    - no new skills
    - no traits
    - no professions
    - only two premade packs and the premade lore. I want to create my own stories.

I wonder what the longterm motivation could be for me and I don't see any.
    The most missed opportunity is creating own packs. Instead of tunnels they should have made this by modifying the club system. That can't be too hard.
    I will wait for a sale. I resist paying the full price for mainly the cas and the b&b which I really like.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited June 2022
    The devs have been pretty upfront and unambiguous about the fact that there’s strong bad blood between werewolves and vampires to the point of war basically so I don’t see how anyone is surprised at the level of animosity between them.

Other than hints pointing to some kind of past conflict between the two types, all I've seen over the past few weeks were playful-seeming smack talk back and forth between a few SimGurus. I wouldn't say it was unambiguous because to me those teasing exchanges implied that current conflict was possible but not necessarily mandatory. I would be fine with that. [Edited to add: I also thought those those exchanges weren't meant to be serious, but more of a fun thing (for them) based on their personal interests.] Perhaps more was said on Twitter or other social media where I don't hang out. Perhaps they should've said it here on the forums as well, if so.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited June 2022
    Has it been confirmed anywhere else besides Plumbella's review?
    Yes, you can see it in Kelsey's video. The "sniff & introduce" interaction caused the werewolf's relationship bar to go immediately 1/2 red for both Vlad & Lilith. (at around the 20:20 mark).

https://youtu.be/Pdpb1flHy4U?t=1220s
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yeah... I can't say I'm loving the idea of this instant hatred between vampires and werewolves.

I understand the animosity when it comes to the pre-made vampires like Vlad, because there's lore and history surrounding them already, but will the same apply to vampire sims that players have made? It's not going to make much sense if I've created a vampire and given them a backstory, in which my vampire sim prefers to live harmoniously with other occults.

I've not seen anything about occult likes and dislikes, or traits that would warrant such a strong negative reaction from the get-go. I thought that this might be how they'd incorporate any conflict. Guess I'll find out for sure when I play around with the pack later today.
    Post edited by Plumbeeb on
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    Has it been confirmed anywhere else besides Plumbella's review?
    Yes, you can see it in Kelsey's video. The "sniff & introduce" interaction caused the werewolf's relationship bar to go immediately 1/2 red for both Vlad & Lilith. (at around the 20:20 mark).

https://youtu.be/Pdpb1flHy4U?t=1220s

I wonder can they patch it in.To make the hatrid lower?
    @EA_Cade
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yeah I don't particularily want to make my vamps and weres enemies
    except for select few like Greg and Vlad kinda characters basically
    and some human sims have issues with occults

but in all honesty they should have rather added likes/dislikes for all lifestates in game
    like being able to choose for every sim separately if they dislike or like specific occults would be so nice
    and we wouldn't need all sims in the game hating on specific occults and their occulty behavior
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    The one thing that really bugs me is that according to Plumbella at least, vampires and werewolves instantly hate each other on sight and that's really annoying to me because I had plans to remake my vampire werewolf couple from a book I'm writing. I really hope that if they're assigned as spouses in CAS it will override the hate.

Has anyone had a chance to play long enough to find out if this is something that can be overcome with gameplay?
    @SERVERFRA That's like not allowing player customized packs. It affects our ability to tell our stories our way. I do hope they patch the instant conflict out and patch in player designed packs.

I don’t want features patched out anymore, this was part of what was advertised about the pack, conflict between these two occults, and being The Sims 4 I can’t imagine that there isn’t a way to find a peaceful resolution through gameplay if that’s what the player wants. The trouble with YouTubers is they only play most of these packs at a surface level and then people take that as gospel. Lots of people on Twitter told gurus they wanted friendships and romances between werewolves & vampires and none of the gurus said that wasn’t possible. It’s likely just going to require time and effort.

I agree. I don't want anything nerfed from occults again. It would be the nightmare from vampires all over again. And this is a trope I personally love. Sims 4 is so peaches and cream and it's easy to live in positivity or have friends with enemies. I welcome the tad of negativity they gave us and it will be a fun challenge in making my vampire and werewolf fall in love after the initial dislike for eachther. It's annoying enough how sims anonymously pick positive interactions with their enemies and clean up each other's houses 🥲
    This is sims 4. I'm pretty sure people will have no problem having a vampire werewolf couple. People are wanting a nerf without even playing it yet....
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'll leave you guys to the negativity I promise 😆
    But I just want to add that for players who do want to play war stories with vampires and werewolves this is taking away the fun for them if it gets patched out. We all play different ways so it's unfair to not consider that each of us enjoy different things. After a lot of the features I love already got nerfed at players request I'm very anti-nerf. And I definitely request that things be left as they are.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited June 2022
    But I just want to add that for players who do want to play war stories with vampires and werewolves this is taking away the fun for them if it gets patched out. We all play different ways so it's unfair to not consider that each of us enjoy different things. After a lot of the features I love already got nerfed at players request I'm very anti-nerf. And I definitely request that things be left as they are.

I'm not for taking it out im just more like for making it happen for sims of choice and between any occults you may want rather than having specifically vamps vs werewolves like giving the choice via likes dislikes kinda thing

and also therefore giving choice to not have it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »

I'm not for taking it out im just more like for making it happen for sims of choice and between any occults you may want rather than having specifically vamps vs werewolves like giving the choice via likes dislikes kinda thing

and also therefore giving choice to not have it

I wish it was an option not a default.
  • Options
    LaruhellLaruhell Posts: 48 Member

I mean this isnt as much the players fault as it is EAs. All people are asking for is options, but EA always goes all the way and disables a feature completely. Vampire break ins didnt have to be patched out completely, they couldve easily made a toggle in the settings, just like they could maybe give toggles now for whether players want werewolf or vampire animosity.

Sorry but i just dislike this attitude of blaming the players for ''nerfing'' the game when its EA being lazy lmao
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member

Just remember that for anyone who wants to play "love stories" with vampires and werewolves, this is making it difficult for them. And it would be unfair to not consider that those players enjoy different things, right?

I'm not 100% saying I think this should be patched out, but a trait such as "hates vampires" or "hates werewolves" might have solved this. It's poor planning to make them hate each other by default, in my opinion, because it pushes players down a much narrower path or play style.
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited June 2022
    This game still has a bit of a problem when it comes giving the players choices for things that they could have easily been given choices on. It's getting better, but that's still a bit of an issue.

That said, my only real complaints with this pack so far are the werewolf/vampire insta-hate and the fact that there's once again a gameplay pack where the younger life stages barely get anything.

Seriously between this, Island Living, and Real of Magic, I don't know which I'm more disappointed in when it comes to child occults not being able to do anything noteworthy. At least there's a mod out there that lets them become full fledged spellcasters, but something tells me a werewolf transformation won't be as easy (or possible).
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited June 2022
    Laruhell wrote: »

I mean this isnt as much the players fault as it is EAs. All people are asking for is options, but EA always goes all the way and disables a feature completely. Vampire break ins didnt have to be patched out completely, they couldve easily made a toggle in the settings, just like they could maybe give toggles now for whether players want werewolf or vampire animosity.

Sorry but i just dislike this attitude of blaming the players for ''nerfing'' the game when its EA being lazy lmao

This is how I feel too. When I don't like a feature that EA put in and made mandatory, I don't want them to remove it. I want them to give us a setting that allows us to turn it off if we want. I never want an intentional feature nerfed. I just want the ability to decide if and when I will use that feature. And I don't want to have to go through lengthy gameplay to turn it off when I don't want it. I just want to turn it off and get on with what I want to do.

Anyway, if all vampires and all werewolves instantly hate each other on site to the point of fighting, I won't be buying the pack (despite being excited about nearly every other aspect) until someone makes a mod to change that. Having no choice over the matter and being forced to play someone else's idea of a story every single time I have a vampire and werewolf in the same vicinity ruins the fun for me.

If individual premade werewolves hate individual premade vampires (for example if Greg specifically hates Vlad specifically) that's totally fine with me. I like individual personal conflict and drama. It's just the "everyone in the whole werewolf population hating everyone in the whole vampire population" that I do not want.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Yeah, I wouldn't want stuff "patched out" either. But choices are always good, and I'm not sure why the team chose to implement it this way unless they truly wanted us to play the gamepack in a tightly chartered way (whether or not that way was the same as our own). It's their game and they can do as they see fit. But I feel like story-telling isn't this game's strength, and it tends to uncomfortably clash with a more sandbox style of play. Ideally they would do more of the kinds of they do best, or else change the whole thing entirely (which is probably a bad idea for a game that's already 8 years old). Trying to be every kind of game to everyone is simply not gonna work well, but it seems to me that this is one of the latest signs that this might be the ultimate goal. The sand has been slowly leaking out of the sandbox for a while now.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    @VeeDub I agree. What I want from Sims 4 is completely open-ended player driven sandbox gameplay. If I want to experience someone else's story, I watch a movie or read a book. But when I play with sims, I want to create my own story.

I am aware that many players want the game to be more challenging or want the game to throw conflict and danger into their path. I understand why some players are excited about this kind of thing. It's just not what I want from this game. The reason I started playing Sims 4 in the first place was because it let me play how I wanted to play, with my own story ideas. When new features are added that potentially affect the way the game functions or how sims interact, all I ask is that they be made optional.

I don't want to ruin anyone else's fun. It's just frustrating to me when I want literally everything else in a new pack except one feature that forces a specific story on me without a way to easily turn it off.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    I'm actually interested in having some vampire-werewolf conflict in one of my saves, but I wanted to chose for myself who hates who and set it up using the Get Together club system. I don't want the default to be hatred between all vampires and all werewolves in all of my saves. I just want player autonomy. Not forced gameplay.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2022
    I'm actually interested in having some vampire-werewolf conflict in one of my saves, but I wanted to chose for myself who hates who and set it up using the Get Together club system. I don't want the default to be hatred between all vampires and all werewolves in all of my saves. I just want player autonomy. Not forced gameplay.

That’s the rub though. Those of us who crave some drama feel like all of the gameplay thus far is forced. Because we actually do have to force it. This game is so vanilla and neutral to the point of constant nicey nice all the time that if a player wants drama we literally have to force it to happen. Anytime have ever gotten anything that would bring some spontaneity it’s been zapped.

Alien abductions - basically gone
    Vampire break ins - basically gone
    Vending machine deaths - have to be forced to the point of why bother?
    Murphy bed deaths - almost never happen anymore.
    5 star celebrity sims - barely noticed now anymore than any other ordinary sim.
    Drowning- nearly impossible to achieve.
    Fire deaths - nope, sorry not really possible anymore.
    Some are already advocating to get meteorite deaths “toned down”, which = eliminated all together.

Now we get this tiny bit of autonomous drama, some actual conflict that we don’t have spend literal hours to make happen and before the pack even drops and anybody knows what they’re talking about, based on literally seconds of gameplay by 1 or 2 YouTubers people are asking for it to be scrubbed. So we will have this lore about werewolves and vampires engaged in centuries of conflict and every time they see each other they will give one another a big fat bro hug and a high five. Just like all the other sims in the game do no matter how they’re supposed to feel about each other, fantastic.

It just seems like maybe it’s time for the neutral vanilla nicey nice players to have to force something to go that way for once.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I'd say it's more complex than that here. Almost all of those were random chance. The vampire/werewolf thing seems like it'll happen all the time, with every single vampire and werewolf, no matter what kind of story you want. There's no spontaneity, no room for change, and it'll be out of character for many sims. It has a way bigger impact on the game than vampires sneaking in and giving you a moodlet.

I agree that we need more drama and spontaneity. And I'm fine with vampires and werewolves having some bad blood between them. But this is just going too far in the opposite direction.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    I'd say it's more complex than that here. Almost all of those were random chance. The vampire/werewolf thing seems like it'll happen all the time, with every single vampire and werewolf, no matter what kind of story you want. There's no spontaneity, no room for change, and it'll be out of character for many sims. It has a way bigger impact on the game than vampires sneaking in and giving you a moodlet.

I agree that we need more drama and spontaneity. And I'm fine with vampires and werewolves having some bad blood between them. But this is just going too far in the opposite direction.

I just want it to be on option.I was planning to play a werewolf and vampire couple.I might not be able to do it.I want people who want drama to have their drama as well.Maybe they could found a better way to implement it.

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    The one thing that really bugs me is that according to Plumbella at least, vampires and werewolves instantly hate each other on sight and that's really annoying to me because I had plans to remake my vampire werewolf couple from a book I'm writing. I really hope that if they're assigned as spouses in CAS it will override the hate.

Ugh. I was afraid of that. I definitely don't want this "feature". I want to decide for myself what kind of stories I want to tell and what kind of conflicts I want to have. I don't want built-in prejudices. I was excited about everything else in this pack, but this kind of feels like a deal-breaker for me...

I do follow the story behind why Werewolves and Vampires are enemies, and some want to continue that story but at the same time I may want to change the parameters and for that reason it should be an option for those who do not follow that certain legacy.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2022
    Gordy wrote: »

Except now they’re scrubbed so there is no random or chance with them now either. Everyone agrees we need more drama and spontaneity…until they add more drama and spontaneity. Then everyone is like oh no! Please tone it down! I fully anticipate the vampire vs. werewolves situation will be scrubbed out by this time next week too and despite the lore whenever they meet it will be all hugs and kisses as per usual in this game. 🥰