Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAW world missing objects once uploaded (FIXED! I'M AN IDIOT)

SovazSovaz Posts: 51 Member
edited June 2022 in The Sims 3 World Builders
Hi! I haven't played around with CAW in awhile but just completed a world & uploaded it. Once installed to my Sims 3 game, I noticed that the fishing nodes & surf in the water were missing. There may be more missing but that was enough for me to log out to check what's wrong.

I reopened the world in CAW & the spawners & surf are there.

Anyone know why this happened & how I can fix it? Should I delete the Objects layer & do them over?

Ok, Chelsea Terraces is back on the Exchange. Would love feedback about anything. https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9516703
Post edited by Sovaz on

Comments

• VincentTVincentT Posts: 90 Member
    Hi there, not sure what you mean by fishing nodes and surf?

Assuming you mean the fish spawners, there are two things to keep in mind: firstly, those may take a few sim days to actually spawn. Usually they spawn immediately but it might happen. Secondly, depending on which spawners you placed, they don't have the jumping fish animation. Those that are called "Salt/Sweet Water designator" don't animate. But even without the visual fishes jumping around sims can fish there.
  • SovazSovaz Posts: 51 Member
    Ok thank you! Would this also apply to the Ocean Surf & Flying Geese?
    Yes, absolutely! Saving once in your new save, quitting to desktop and reloading the world should speed up the process.
    Omg thank you. That is a huge relief!
    @VincentT I hate to say it, but I'm in my 2nd week on my map. Fish spawners are barely visible (up close), but there is still no ocean surf & no geese. =( I also test played on another map I'm working on & it appears to have the same problem.

I'm going to try making a small map with ONLY ocean surf, geese, & fish spawners & see if that has any effect.
    I replied on the other thread on MTS :) (My name is Norn over there).
    I was going to edit post here too but decided I'd better verify & make sure... but yeah, it was my stupid game Option settings lol
    I'm so dumb