Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gathering your suggestions about Mods/CC use with the Gallery!

Comments

• CloudStrifeCloudStrife Posts: 28 Member
    Good Custom content would be Sims 4 Golfing town or Sims 4 Carnival Town(expansion packs)
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Brooms for bust the dust, please?
  • SpotVirtualSpotVirtual Posts: 1 New Member
    Not exactly a MOD but we created a 3D Virtual Workplace and would love feedback from the Sims community. Check us out at www.spotvirtual.com. Thank you!!
  • VaniliciousVanilicious Posts: 98 Member
    Does anyone know of any mod that fixes the fact that when the sims ask for a drink at the bar, then they stack up with each other ending in a reset because they all stayed in a chat with the bartender?
  • TashiroSatoTashiroSato Posts: 8 New Member
    We need a Sims 4 Career Mod(Military)also Sims can eat MRE Meals (breakfast,Lunch,Dinner)
  • AbbeypuffinAbbeypuffin Posts: 1 New Member
    yea, sorry, i simply made an account to post my idea

im not really interested in waiting 24 hours and making "15 posts" and "get 25 points" to simply drop my idea for the developers to read.
    i dont feel "hoop jumping" is necessary.

but here was my suggestion, maybe for Sims5 or hopefully somebody can make a mod for sims4

Satisfaction
    1) i wish there was a mod to bring back Sims 3 satisfaction system, where my sims passively generate SP if their "mood" is high enough

players should simply select their sims "ideal mood" in CAS, hot-headed, genius, creative, etc

these dont give "random moodlets" anymore...
    instead WHEN your sim is in the designated mood, THEN they will generate SP (similar to sims3 "very happy")

so for example, the ideal mood for a "Gloomy" sim is sad, thus when 'Very Sad' you will generate Satisfaction over time.

Whims
    2) in addition, completing a whim should convert the little "Whim icon" into a moodlet that would THEN contribute to the emotion state THUS 'generating SP over time' ... instead of simply dumping lumps of SP.

that way, a series of sad whims over the day will contribute into writing that sad novel or sad painting
    AND generate sad satisfaction points over time while the moodlets are active.

and then... potentially, that pesky optimistic sim can ruin your "sad mood" with a "brighten day pep-talk" interaction/moodlet.
    thus inturn providing reasons for the PLAYER to socialize/avoid being social during moodlets.

it's like... providing an actual REASON for sims to be in a mood state rather than to simply perform a "mood" action.
    We need a MRE mod that allows you're sim to eat MRE Meals(Army Rations) Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner
    We also need some mods for a Nuka Cola Vending Machine(Fallout 4 styled)So Sims can buy different flavors of Nuka Cola
    For the Sims 4 Nuka Cola Vending machine it could come in different styles and colors(fully interactive with you're sims when using this)
    And for flavors to buy Sims can choose from Nuka Cola,Diet,Zero,Cherry,Vanilla
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,027 Member
    I would love to be able to download CC directly from the gallery, but any such option would have to be done in a way that you don't accidentally download something (by for instance downloading a lot or a sim that has CC), but instead by downloading the CC itself (the same way we do on websites today). That way it's easier to get for those of us who want it, but easy to avoid for those who do not.

I also second all those who mentioned that an easy way to link to used cc should be present, so that it's easy to find cc you like and give creators credit when their stuff is used.

However, what I want more than being able to download through the gallery, is an easy way to uninstall CC from within the game. Many times you download something that looks awesome on the website, and then it renders horribly in your game. To then turn off the game, find the right file, remove it, open the game again... Especially CAS items are hard since you cannot see their names in game (unlike bb-objects). At the very least adding the names to the CAS sites, so that I know which file to remove if something is broken or just not to my liking.

Another thing I would really want is the option to filter out cc-content from build/buy-mode as well as CAS-mode, similarly to how I can filter away packs. Today I can filter away everything but cc, but not the other way around (only keep EA-content visible). Sometimes you want to use cc and other times you really don't. I would also adore an option which in build/buy-mode highlighted cc-objects so that I can easily identify which ones they are and quickly remove them if I want to.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
    We need a mod that lets Sims watch old B&W shows and classic movies from the 50,60,70s on thier tv
    A great Career mod is Cartoon Maker(Sims can create Comics to sell)the higher the skill the better the Quality and learn new ideas
    https://www.reddit.com/r/WildernessBackpacking/comments/mg2jn3/ive_brought_freeze_dried_on_the_trail_but_never/
    We need a mod that allows you're sim to eat MRE meals
  • RandomizedSimmerRandomizedSimmer Posts: 19 Member
    Looking for any cats and dog scenario mods. Or even one to be made? Such as a 'Crazy cat/dog person' scenario where you have to take care of 7 cats/dogs.
  • Thatsimsgirl96Thatsimsgirl96 Posts: 3 New Member
    Can anybody on this thread take animation suggestions? If so, I would like a cheering animation. Cheering as in, for an audience member.
    If not, I would at least like to know where I can find one. Please and thank you.
    - Thatsimsgirl96
  • Karyn7475Karyn7475 Posts: 14 New Member
    It seems that there are a ton of great ideas that have been posted here since 2014 but I'm not sure how many of them have been executed. :/ I agree with the filtering of CC and adding/removing CC from in game. I feel like if I know I'll never use it after seeing it live I would love to just click and *POOF* its gone. Realistic? Maybe. I am a person that LOVES to build and to "shop" CC. I feel like some of my builds are great and would love to be able to share but even as a person who downloads CC I still feel fatigued at the idea of a laundry list of items that many CC builders post. IF there was a way that your house, sim could just come with what you've put into it THAT would be a game changer. Completely off topic but I also thought it would be fun for builders to have a career that was a real estate agent style. You can build homes and show them to potential clients and they buy or they don't. Similiar to DHD pack in that it revolves around someone "choosing" your vision. That is all. :)
  • RandomizedSimmerRandomizedSimmer Posts: 19 Member
    Hey! I recently deleted all my mods/CC for space and stuff, but the game is a lot more boring without it, can someone find me some good Maxis match CC (Build-Buy and CAS.) and mods that will spice up my stuff (Not sacrificial and MCCC, Already got those!) Thank yaa! :)))
  • pameler417pameler417 Posts: 51 Member
    So much to scroll through. Any way I could get a hint? Any one make a mod to rearrange the worlds screen? I just want to put worlds near each other that I imagine would be neighboring towns in real life!
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,172 Member
    Remove CC from the game through CaS , It would be awesome in Cas if you find clothing or hairs etc that either dont show up right or you no longer like , that you could click say a trash button which removes that item from the game and your mods folder there and then
  • SimFever92SimFever92 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am new to forum so don't know where to post exactly, but everyone is talking about the new tos about cc and mods.
    Are creators still allowed to give early access cc like simgurudrake said years ago, or is this no longer allowed? I support a bunch of early access creator like ravasheen, syboulette, and more. Creating are their jobs so I am worried because they do early access, but might quit if they can't do that anymore? Could someone explain the rules around creators who do early access please? Are they allowed?
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited July 2022
    Remove CC from the game through CaS , It would be awesome in Cas if you find clothing or hairs etc that either dont show up right or you no longer like , that you could click say a trash button which removes that item from the game and your mods folder there and then

Same with items in build/buy, allow us to delete CC that we no longer use directly from the game. Also a way to hide CC when we don't want to use it, today we can only choose to filter out Maxis content, I want to be able to do both.

@RandomizedSimmer Here are a few links for you for CC:
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • aek03aek03 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello,

First post on this forum, I hope I'm in the right place :)

I would like to request mods that would facilitate both gameplay, dynamics and realism of the game.

1- Being able to eat sandwiches, pizzas and pastries without plates.

It drives me crazy when my sims sit down to eat a simple sandwich with a plate, or even an ice cream cone... And worse, that they leave one by one to go do the dishes or clear everyone's plates.

I would like my sims to be able to have a little movie-pizza night without getting up after finishing their share.

2- Put the clothes to wash only after the shower

With the "laundry day" pack my sims are filling up the laundry basket too fast.
    6 a.m., they wake up in their pajamas
    7 a.m. they take a shower - 1st change of clothes
    8 a.m., change of work clothes - 2nd change of clothes
    3 p.m., we do some sport - 3rd change
    5 p.m., "oh it's snowing! I'm going to put on my winter clothes" - 4th...
    11 p.m., pajamas and go to sleep. - 5th and last change

It's really very annoying that the laundry basket fills up so quickly and suddenly my sims put their clothes on the floor or in their inventory.

Ultimately, a larger capacity for these baskets, that would already be it.

Thanks for reading my suggestions :)

(sorry for my english, I hope I was understanding enough)
  • EethVampEethVamp Posts: 11 New Member
    Is there a mod for picking a custom cause as a campaign intern? Like, for example, a Sims version of The Trevor Project?
  • martinsplakrebmartinsplakreb Posts: 1 New Member
    add Turkish to the game
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I would love to see custom content shown as a list with households and lots that contain them. This could help players hunt down the file names. List of cc creators for each item - if it is possible. It would also be great if there were some way to track the sources of custom content - which would help verify if there is broken content by visiting the original source site and seeing if there was an update. My usual sources from which I get cc are The Sims Resource, Mod the Sims, Sims4Studio creator studios, Patreon, and Curseforge. Once in awhile, I will also find some stuff on tumblr.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.