Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

new whims coming to sims 4? leak

https://youtu.be/KRPUme9R4G8
I hope this is true it would make me so happy.
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    It would be nice I'd love to see the return of updated whims as whims are something I have always liked. I do hope it is done better if it returns and leans more towards traits and activities you have that Sim do not just the same whims for every Sim.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    It would be nice I'd love to see the return of updated whims as whims are something I have always liked. I do hope it is done better if it returns and leans more towards traits and activities you have that Sim do not just the same whims for every Sim.

well if true it looks different but I wouldn't mind if they weren't I like them as they are I just want more @ChadSims2
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I would like it, but I don't believe it until I see more.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    New whims would be great. I still have them turned on because why not. Occasionally sims earn a few aspiration points with them. I hope this rumour turns out to be true.
    I wish there was more info like who posted the pic.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    That would be amazing! Ordering/eating pizza would be a nice whim to have. My sims hardly ever order pizza, but if they got a whim for it I'd do it more.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    It's long overdue indeed.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I do basically use whims all the time, even with the lack of updates, because I like the poke into doing things for the trait and aspiration based ones. -glances at the Get Famous ones where if you have the video editing/music producing items, they override EVERYTHING-

How am I supposed to remember to do the magic based one when I have no reminders!?
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Whims are one of my favourite things in the game and I was furious when they added a toggle to turn them off as to say we aren’t bothering about this feature anymore. I would be really happy if there was an update to them! I think I like them as it gives me vibes from TS2 wants, it gave you something to work towards with your Sims. I just wish things like getting pregnant or getting married had bigger reward point values.
    haisin wrote: »
    That would be amazing! Ordering/eating pizza would be a nice whim to have. My sims hardly ever order pizza, but if they got a whim for it I'd do it more.

me to
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited June 2022
    I had turned off whims because I was tired of the pool and bee box whims, along with others that made no sense for my sims.
    I turned them back on again because I do feel like they are a fun part of the game when they do make sense.

Whims can help your sim feel more alive when you see them wanting something that is true to their nature and make sense for the current situation. EA should strive for that as a goal.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I have been happy with Bienchen's mod for whims.
  • BoyolloBoyollo Posts: 18 Member
    I straight up thought they were removed when I reinstalled The Sims 4, they really need more love.
    Boyollo wrote: »
    I straight up thought they were removed when I reinstalled The Sims 4, they really need more love.

I agree whims need love.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I personally would be estatic if whims were actually added and updated! I use several whims mods that gets rid (or tones down) the irrelevant whims and makes them more meaningful.

I am a whims driven game type girl!
  • nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    edited June 2022
    I've been using Bienchen and MissyHissy mods to overhaul the whims system for a while now because I simply can't play without them, wants/fears from TS2 was just that good.

With that said, i'd be really glad to get an official overhaul.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I had turned off whims because I was tired of the pool and bee box whims, along with others that made no sense for my sims.
    I turned them back on again because I do feel like they are a fun part of the game when they do make sense.

Whims can help you sim feel more alive when you see them wanting something that is true to their nature and make sense for the current situation. EA should strive for that as a goal.

Lol. I'm someone who enjoys playing in my own direction but even I was enjoying the whims to see what my sim wanted.
    I finally turned it off a while ago and haven't looked back after it said every single one of my sims wanted a bee box for the 10000th time 🤣🤣🤣

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • CoraRoseCoraRose Posts: 16 Member
    This would be great. Looks good. :)
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited June 2022

The original pic shown in the video with the "different styled" whims was posted by SimGuruNinja:

The original pic shown in the video with the "different styled" whims was posted by SimGuruNinja:

thank you @EternalSunshine
    I hope they update the whims in the next update
  • IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    I would love updated whims. Having played Sims 2 and 3 and been driven by the wants in those games, whims were the closest thing to that in Sims 4. I still play with whims but I cancel them more than I accept them because most of my sims don’t want a bee box or pool or to watch tv.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I'd love some new whims.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    I have been happy with Bienchen's mod for whims.

Ohh… what is the difference with this mod installed? I was looking at it yesterday.