Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @texansky

Thank you, I have had fun with that
    save recently.
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Goth Family, Day 309

CAB6p18.jpg
    Apparently there was a plate that didn't get cleaned up from Christa's birthday party so Lily spent the early morning hours washing that plate, and a few other early morning chores.

5SVPHGl.jpg
    Christa is another athletic Sim so she always wants to exercise. I was busy with the other members of the household when she started and she got stinky soon, but she did gain her first skill point.

DGRy9Ab.jpg
    Jacob ate some breakfast while Lily read a book.

CEzMrIX.jpg
    Other than the money trees, there are only three other plants in the garden. One of those died, so it is just a life fruit plant, a cheese plant, and the trees now.

0pcqL4V.jpg
    After eating breakfast, Jacob got his homework done.

DQHfRjs.jpg
    When Lily went to throw the plant away, I found out that some animal got into the trash so she had to pick all that up too.

WXS6rai.jpg
    Lily finished all the cleaning up, then Brandon put on one of his aura's so he'd gain the martial arts skill faster. Lily did every thing she could to help him, and they sparred three times but he still didn't quite get to the top. For a little bit, Jacob watched them spar and I didn't even know the option was there but I do now.

jFoma9d.jpg
    In between one of the sparring sessions, Jacob went upstairs to paint as I saw it in his queue, put then he stopped painting right after starting so he could play guitar instead.

BZrap4K.jpg
    Jacob then chatted with his fiancé, and he must have been telling her about the garbage Lily had to pick up.

aRZch0t.jpg
    Brandon and Lily went to their shower after sparring.

drBgNfi.jpg
    Once they were done having their fun, Brandon got a wish to meditate for 10 hours so I let him start it.

L2cLXMb.jpg
    I sent the rest of the family to the theater so Lily could try and get some tips to get a promotion. However, Troy Langerak (son of Rain and Dwight) chose that particular moment to die, so I let Lily, Christa, and Jacob mourn his death since he is a family member.

PozPW2I.jpg
    The little girl by Lily turned out to be a werewolf, and Troy's death caused her to transform. This scared both Lily and Christa and they passed out at the same time.

wcfy4mj.jpg
    The Grim Reaper hung around for a while and showed a video to Carrie.

WcVels3.jpg
    When Christa got up from fainting, she ended up peeing all over. She was hungry too, which put her in a bad mood. I sent Stinky to the Bistro with Jacob so she could get something to eat, and I used cheats to rid her of her stench.

SaerTHs.jpg
    Lily played for all these Sims for a couple hours, and she made around $250 by the time she left. Even this deer wanted to listen.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    @MamaSimTee - yeah, Day 2 and I have to figure out how to make some money. If this were the Sims, I’d be searching for soulpeace gemstones right now, but it’s a but tougher in real life. Finding turtles gets me in trouble with Dept of Fisheries and Wildlife and opens up another can of beans I don’t need. Calculating that I need to earn about $45/day, that’s going to mean crunch time.

Sims just have to browse their way through by finding objects. Me, I gotta go to the thrift store and see if there’s anything I can flip to get me above the $100.00 mark today. Considering I should have earned $45 yesterday and have to now earn double today.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer *crossing fingers for you!
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited June 2022
    So Roaring Heights Started crashing.
    So its obviously not custom worlds.
    I have mods in my game, but mostly Nraas and recipe mods, with
    a few mods like sewing and knitting. I have CC hair and clothing, but I only
    downloaded from featured creators like some of you have suggested.
    So I really don't understand what the issue is. Everyone else uses CC without hiccups.

Another issue I have is when I launch the launcher all my installed stuff is gone, it shows up in game.
    But the launcher shows as nothing being installed, so I can not uninstall anything such as worlds or items
    that might have attached to lots.
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • Options
    Page 4360

I should have a little more time to play this week, due to the fact that I had today off, only work 4-8 Tuesday and Wednesday, then have two more day off. I mainly just want to try and get Christa and Jacob married and have her get pregnant soon so that we can get moving to the next town.

@Karritz I remember seeing Patience before.
    Neat picture with Percy.
    Eric looks pretty nice.
    Susanne has neat eyes.
    I can tell that Gabbi is Patience's child.
    Gloria must take after Gobias a bit more.
    Gobias sure was a busy one.

@GraceyManor Something tells me Amber will try to steal Derek.
    Peter might be right that Elizabeth doesn't like Derek, but I doubt it.
    I know that song by Reba and Linda Davis. For the longest time, I didn't know Linda Davis is the mother of Hilary Scott from Lady Antebellum, but I found out a while back that she was.
    Great update!

@Silverofdreams30 Jody is a very beautiful Sim.
    Cute cats.

@Nikkei_Simmer Nice pictures of Haruo and River.

@texansky Great Simselves updates!

@polrbear Great job on the house!

@Onverser That's one way to get a car, lol

@Sprottenham You're welcome.
    Yeah, they can be. Right now though, we are just dealing with extreme heat. On Wednesday, it's going to be like 98 degrees F but could feel like 110 degrees. There have been a lot of tornadoes in the US here lately.

@bekkasan You're welcome, and I'm looking forward to the update. You probably already posted it at the time I'm writing this, but I still got a few more pages to go, lol
    Great pictures!

Page 4361

@Nikkei_Simmer Great pictures of your JAG/River Haruo crossover.

@bekkasan Nice pics from the farming household!

@TinySpaceFox Geez, Morrigan really hates the music.
    Great job on the guys! I know I've seen them before but your little edits made them even better than they were before.

@dreamsong1968 Great job on the Stardew Valley Sims!
    Oh, sure thing. Here is the link: https://www.familyecho.com/#

@Silverofdreams30 Looks like Jody had a fun time.
    It also looks like you got some good looking Sims in the world.

@GraceyManor I wonder who will win?
    Lol, no chat then.
    Great update!

***May not play tonight, not sure yet. I'd really like to catch up on the thread first before I decide if I do or not.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @Brandontaylor Gobias sure was busy but Patience was more busy. She ended up with 15 children. That was my first attempt to get the badge for a sim to have 15 children.
  • Options
    Page 4362

@Nikkei_Simmer I remember this part where River threatens her mom.

@texansky Hmm, that's kind of counterproductive to what they are supposed to do. Can't restrain a criminal with zip ties. :lol:
    I didn't know that about that particular mod.

@dreamsong1968 Great job on the Stardew Valley Sims.

@Sprottenham Great update with Sofia, Palash and Yumi!

@emorrill Hello

@Turjan Oh yeah, that's Hal Breckenridge. When I moved my family there before I chose to go back to Sunset Valley, that's who Daisy married. Since that didn't happen with me going back, Hal isn't part of the family but whenever I do go to Riverview after Moonlight Falls and Bridgeport, we may see him in my save.
    Great update, looks like he had a good time in Oasis Landings.

Page 4363

@GraceyManor He's like a shadow or something, he is just good at stealth, lol. Maybe Derek could play a detective.
    I wonder if Elizabeth will date Henry for a bit.

@texansky It finally did, but I figured out I needed to clear my browser history, cookies, and all that stuff for it to come back. I think something just was blocking it.
    Fixed the pic, thanks!
    Thank you, I think she is too. I found out she's very similar in looks to her grandmother, Alisha Naquin.
    Yeah, that's what I should have done.
    You're like me, I've only seen the original trilogy too. Recently, I've seen clips of the prequels back when Darth Vader was Anakin Skywalker, and I've also seen a few clips of the Clone Wars animated series but that's it.

@bekkasan Thanks!
    Yeah, me too.
    Awesome pic of Mara's temple!

@bekkasan Sounds like Bert's getting a bit mad about the new company.
    It also sounds like he thinks he deserves a promotion.
    Elias must've been living at least a few decades back, so he's probably right that the computer won't help.
    It'd be funny if Mack got caught.
    Great update!

@Turjan You're welcome.
    Thanks!
    Yeah, it was actually kind of funny.

@Silverofdreams30 Great update with Jody!

@Nikkei_Simmer I've been doing a bit of research on Star Wars. I have only seen most of the original trilogy, parts of the prequels, and none of the sequels. I used to have a lot of Darth Vader toys growing up, and dressed up as him for Halloween around that time. I always thought it was cool that Mark Hamill not only played Luke, but that he also voices the Joker in various Batman things.
    I hope you have good luck with your real life challenge. I'm trying to save for that Titanic model I talked about a while back. I kept dipping into the funds I had saved back though, so I've only got $10 for something that costs close to $500 just for the model. That doesn't include the Scale Decks that I want, the paints, glue, and other things. Hopefully we can both reach our goals, although I'm giving myself as long as it takes and not setting a time limit. I've been using different receipt apps to take rack up points. It'll help me out a bit when I redeem them, but I still have to pay for most of it with other money I've earned.

***The next page of comments can wait until another day. I think I'll play another day also, I just want to do something else tonight.
  • Options
    The game is crashing everytime my sim goes to perform at her gig.
  • Options
    Screenshot-19.jpg
    "I think this is Derek's house" Elizabeth said to herself, as she approached
    the hillside mansion."Hmm, I wonder who that is."

Screenshot-20.jpg
    Elizabeth: Hi, is Derek home?
    Stranger: I don't know...I been standing outside all day.
    Elizabeth: Why?
    Stranger: So I can snap photos of him to sell online.
    Elizabeth: That's so not cool.
    Stranger: What evs, I'll just leave.

Screenshot-21.jpg
    Elizabeth: Guess I will to.
    Derek: wait! You came all this way.Don't go.

Screenshot-22.jpg
    Elizabeth: Did you dye your hair and get a haircut?
    Derek: Don't make fun of me.I lost a bet with Peter.
    Elizabeth: Actually, that style and color really suits you.
    Derek: Really? Maybe I should keep it.
    Elizabeth: I'm sorry to just intrude like this.

Screenshot-23.jpg
    Derek: I'm glad you did.
    Elizabeth; Really?

Screenshot-24.jpg
    Derek: Of course! I miss you.
    Maybe we could go talk somewhere?
    Elizabeth: I'd like that, after my show?
    Derek: I'll be there.

later that night after the show

Screenshot-8.jpg
    Amber: How come Amber wasn't invited.
    Derek: ...Maybe cause I don't want you here.
    Elizabeth: Ouch.
    Amber: Too bad.I'm sitting down.
    Derek: Sorry...

Screenshot-10.jpg
    Patron: Could I get your autograph Derek? I'm a huge fan!
    Derek: Of course.

Screenshot-12.jpg
    Derek: I'm sorry, Elizabeth, we didn't get much time to talk
    with Amber following me.
    Elizabeth: Its alright, I understand.
    Derek: I promise we'll sneak away to talk.
    Elizabeth gently grabbed Derek's arm.

Screenshot-13.jpg

Screenshot-14.jpg
    Elizabeth: Good night, Derek.
    Derek: ..don't go yet.
    Elizabeth giggles.
    Elizabeth: Night, Derek.
  • Options
    The game is crashing everytime my sim goes to perform at her gig.

If it was my game and I knew this would happen I would save shut down and reload before telling her to go to do her gig. If you are doing that then something else could be happening.

I just spent 2 months fixing my game so this sort of thing wouldn't happen. I simplified all lots by bulldozing lots with large gardens. I decided to try to have no more than 80 sims in a world and moved sims to new worlds using NRAAS Traveller mod. It has definitely improved the performance but I still may need to do more with it.

The 80 sims in the world is a count of sims in households I have played at some stage. It might be a household I play for a while, or a household containing a sim I've sent to boarding school. All service sims and sims in households I've ignored are not part of the count of 80 sims. I know the could because I have a spreadsheet set up with a row for each sim in each household I've done something with at some stage. If sims are not in my spreadsheet they don't count in the 80 sims total. So my worlds do actually have more than 80 sims in them.
  • Options
    @Karritz saving and sitting down worked
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 You're welcome. Great pics from the bar, and beautiful night pic. :lol: at your comment about showing up shirtless. With Billy, I guess it's his "inappropriate" trait. That "pants only" pajama is original Riverview style, but he runs around like that even in places where he shouldn't, like the gym.

@Nikkei_Simmer Those complicated sims don't always follow my "fixes". I just made sure that River didn't have any monetary issues and left her love life decisions to herself :smiley: . I mean, she offered quite the show.
    Good luck with your personal challenge. I also sometimes wish I could go out, collect a few "minor pets" from around the house and have a guaranteed sale from my inventory. Oh well.

@texansky Thanks. Do you move the plants around in buy mode or do your sims have to do that, too :lol: ?

@Brandontaylor Yeah, sometimes I just wind down my gardens, too, when I think I don't like those daily chores anymore.
    Ah, death, werewolves and cowards. Exactly the right mix for a memorable day out.
    Thanks for the comments. I didn't really do anything with Hal Breckenridge yet, but he's busy on his own. He's already paying child support :lol: .

Just a pic of the Riverview festival lot, which I forgot to place in the beginning.
    RoKw5e4.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I may as well post an update. My "little detour" to Riverview went on for a bit longer than anticipated, because I was curious how Billy would end up. As a reminder, he had a good start with Constance Shelley. Those two really liked each other, shared a few kisses, and this looked as if it could develop further. Then I noticed the message in the corner of my eye that Constance Shelley and Jon Lessen, the guy with that more than 500,000 simoleon villa on Riverblossom Hills Drive, where Riverview's rich people dwell, were now a couple. At the same time, Constance was calling Billy several times per day, like 9 pm, 6:30 am, noon, whatever. I was a bit confused. Billy had visited her sometime in the morning in her house, which happens to be in the town center.
    oS77BDJ.jpg
    They were just chatting, and she was his best friend. Although I guess that meant friendzoned, because, even while he was on a phone with her, the message came through that Constance and Jon were expecting a child. Meh. Thanks, game.

Which brought the available options down to the choice between the unflirty, "no sense of humor" coward and the heartbreaker, which led to a quick drive to catch the former at her rather unusual home when she came back from work. I thought about how to get to this properly, but after they had exchanged a few words, Billy just autonomously kissed Shirley Lin, and she accepted. Well, I guess this worked?
    4qZjXAz.jpg
    The house they live in is a funny idea by the devs (two sisters with opposite personalities living in two completely separate halves of the same house, halves that look nothing alike and are separated by walls and fences). However, this funny idea doesn't work with the game, and both sisters simply lived in the modern half of the house. Which is, therefore, the location where our romantic scene takes place in and not in the half that is supposed to represent Shirley's personality.
    POdJ3Ni.jpg
    I realized that Billy had no chance against SP and had to act fast. He proposed immediately.
    D17oT4D.jpg
    Well, Shirley was happy :smile: .
    O4DTlSK.jpg
    xuvnREx.jpg
    I thought for a moment to get them married immediately, but decided to wait a day. What could happen in a day, right?

Billy had a locked wish worth lots of points to collect a specific sum of tips, so he went into town to finish it. And look who showed up.
    txhMMjz.jpg
    Billy actually wanted to kiss Constance, but I thought "let's not throw another wrench into this" and canceled that wish.
    The listening "crowd" looked thrilled about Billy's musical talent.
    M7drua9.jpg
    uadaySb.jpg
    Reminder Hal needed to be edited still.
    Instead of kissing Constance, I decided that Billy would tell her about his engagement.
    x6ODKyJ.jpg
    Now, it wasn't even two hours after Billy's and Shirley's engagement, when SP came with a new surprise. It casually informed me, that Billy's fiancée had decided to move in with her boss Jebediah, who lives in a villa on Riverblossom Hills Drive directly next to Jon Lessen's, and that villa has one single bed. Two hours! This is madness! So, no waiting until next day.
    When browsing the tags I noticed that Shirley now really lived on the hill, but fortunately she was sitting right next to where Billy was playing the guitar in the library. The whole thing then went on rather unceremoniously, because there was absolutely no time to spare at this point.
    mm59XRZ.jpg
    Flo Broke then actually canceled the wedding via a wish to ask to for an autograph, but fortunately, the game did the sane thing and simply ignored the canceling.
    KnN6B2K.jpg
    So our bride moved a second time on the same day. Good job!
    mWpVp7c.jpg
    Of course, there was some fun to be had.
    W2qF6RB.jpg
    Until the sims showed us what married life actually looks like.
    zPHLf40.jpg
    Good night, you two!
    suIFiOa.jpg
    That's all for the moment. Until next time :smile: .
  • Options
    @Karritz saving and sitting down worked

Excellent. I get into a rhythm, I keep track of the number of times I have saved since the last reload of the game. I tend to try to push one extra save before shutting down and usually pay for it with a crash. Each game is different. But I find I usually can get away with 2 or 3 saves before I need to shut down and reload to avoid crashing. It is a memory thing.
  • Options
    @Turjan

Thank you, I never checked his traits so no idea if it was
    that hehe.
    I enjoyed the update, wow she moved in with her boss? Drama!

@Brandontaylor

Thank you
  • Options
    @Brandontaylor

Great update, I need to let my sims out the home more often
    and do stuff I mostly let them go to the bar and meet people haha.
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

@Nikkei_Simmer
    I hope you have good luck in finding valuables to sell.

@Brandontaylor
    After eating breakfast, Jacob got his homework done.
    And he left another dirty plate for Lily to clean up?

Why did I think Brandon had already maxed Martial Arts?

Sorry to hear that Troy Langerak has passed on. Lily got a lot of tips because of the crowd that gathered when he died.

Cute that the deer wandered through when Lily was playing.

@Turjan
    I move the plants around in buy mode. :wink:

Nice update. Billy sure jumped through a lot of hoops just to get married! Congratulations to Billy and Shirley!
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    @Brandontaylor Christa looks nice as an adult. :)

@texansky

Alright, well it was worth a shot asking (about the aging). :P

Thanks for the comments, yeah, I will have to see what happens with Sofia, Palash and the baby..

I'm still working on the hospital update, it's not finished yet.. I hope I can have it ready soon...

@bekkasan

The picture of Mara's temple looks nice. :)

Thanks for the comment. Not being a native english speaker, I had to look up the meaning of the word poignant. :p

poignant
    /ˈpɔɪnjənt/
    adjective

evoking a keen sense of sadness or regret.
    "a poignant reminder of the passing of time"

Yes, I can see the song doing that! I mean, I felt it, too... and it was meant as a flashback thing on how Sofia grew up. I hope she will be a good mother too, if that's what you meant?

Haha, of course Elias wouldn't be able to go through walls with the files. ;) Nice update. ;)

@Turjan Oh, ok, so the stat just resets for romance when going to another world like they just entered the relationship (kind of). Oh, hmm, well if it all effects is a moodlet, I suppose I wouldn't mind to much..

Thanks about the hospital. ;) It wasn't to complicated of a build (on the outside), well, except for maybe the radio towers on top of the building!

Haha, I didn't even think about Sofias belly outfit, but yeah, she will probably continue to wear that one, regardless of what happens. :P

Yup, those glass windows of the kitchen. ;) It's cool, but annoying.. I have forgotten abot that, since I haven't directed them into the kitchen for a while. Everything they have done in there, they have done by themselves, and this includes Sofias constant pancake eating! :P

I don't want to give spoilers, but Deepak hasn't died yet !

Oh, you think that garden looks empty? I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't said so! :P Maybe not everyone wants lots of trees in their garden! :P

(your second post):
    Oh, is that the festival lot in Riverview? I just got that town, but haven't looked at it yet, but that building reminds me of a certain building from Twinbrook (somekind of pub, by the non functioning railway line). And they got the same hospital too, which is also just a recolour of the hospital from Sunset Valley.. tsk tsk.. :P

Hahaha, there's no friendzoning in the sims. ;)

Haha, the sisters "supposedly" living in separate parts of the house... that kind of thing wouldn't work without mods! ;) I had a situation once where I wanted two sims to live under the same roofs, but not hangout with each other (because then they would just beat each other up! They were ex-husband and wife...), and that was what lead me to use my first NRAAS mod (my first mod in total).

An autonomous proposal should probably prevent your sims from ending up like that so it should be good for Billy. :P (Lesson learned: don't force sims into a romantic relationship! That was also an important incident that lead me to more or less play with autonomous sims only so that they can choose their own relationships......)

Quote: Until the sims showed us what married life actually looks like. <--- Haha, isn't married life all that? ;)

@Brandontaylor 98 to 110 F, I suppose that means HOT ? Yeah, I heard there is a heatwave in parts of the US now, I hope it won't be to bad, but...

th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    I meant to share some shots of my second build with you guys sooner, but then I built my entire third build and got so into doing things with putting my lots into a different custom world, and even did some testing for a fourth build, but the house I originally wanted to recreate for my fourth build is most likely not going to be possible, because the game doesn't allow me to place stairs in diagonal foundation, and I think placing them differently would make the house look totally different.

I did decorate the insides of my second and third builds, but I don't want to clog up this discussion again the way I did last time, because I know I probably posted wayyy too many photos of that first build, but I got carried away. I'm super proud of the way I made the rooms with dormers in builds 2 and 3 work super well, but I'd rather save discussion space by just sharing the shots of the exteriors instead of everything... because I also want to share a photo of Juniper's plantsim toddler, Sunny.

Also, remember how I was sharing the driveway of build two and lamenting reflecting on how it was a nice challenge? Well, boy am I glad I had that terrain practice, because making build three's landscape was even more fun! Took turning off constrain floor elevation to make the house look the way it was suppose to... You'll see why...

I do use CC build and buy items in these builds, but some of the cc is converted from Sims 4.

I want to start by sharing Sunny with you: (A baby to brighten up your day)
    52148136951_b1e9bc6577_o.jpg

Build two was based on a real life house that was constructed in 2009, so it's very different from build one which was way older, but not as old as build three :lol:
    52148152033_1363d1cf01_o.jpg
    52148137031_9e4d611014_o.jpg
    52148151988_1ff2bc0250_o.jpg

Build three was actually less of a headache than I expected it to be, using extra cheats and some smart use of the terrain tools.
    52147118322_42862c983f_o.jpg
    This house was originally built in 1750 according to a realtor site, but my dad has told me that he knows it has been renovated or remodeled or something.
    52148136921_3fc0ae94ed_o.jpg
    52148627895_054cfc2d5c_o.jpg
    The real life house has that color scheme, so I just went along with it, and to be honest, I love everything about how this turned out. I hope you guys like them! :smiley::heart:
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Turjan hehe, thanks for the comments.
    The farming family was fun and yep, they really improved the dilapidated house as their funds increased and had a huge farm with tractor and a couple greenhouses.
    I like towns rather than cities for my sims. I definitely thought Riverview was a little too quiet though. If I ever use it, it will be a town that would be incorporated in a mystery.
    It turned the temple kinda brown, sandy colored with some green still in the shrubs. I was looking for a bit of a different look though. It was more red toned in Flickr but not on the thread.
    Glad you enjoyed Bert's pomposity. :grin:
    Billy's house kinda look like a modern rustic place. I like the openness of the entryway. I assume their is no lower ceiling in the entry area. The house up the hill looks very nice too. Better in case the river floods. :grin:
    Congrats to Billy and Shirley. Enjoyed the brief but lovable romance between them. :grin: Good to see that SP is still on the job to try and trip the romance up. Good idea to thwart SP by an early wedding. Those tablets are certainly a romance killer!

@Silverofdreams30 Love the pictures of Jody. She is very pretty.
    Shame the mixologist made her wait so long!
    The stars look great. I tried some and one version made my game crash so went back to EA original.
    Oh yes, the game knows your preference for male sims without shirts! :heart:

@Brandontaylor What a bummer about the death while they were out.
    Oh, my how embarrassing for Christa!
    Thanks for the comments.

@Nikkei_Simmer Good luck!

@GraceyManor That Amber sure is nervy! :open_mouth:

@Sprottenham Thanks for the comments. :smiley:
    Glad you were able to figure out poignant. I have to look up new slang words or acronyms in the urban dictionary to figure out what is meant. :grin:

@polrbear Looks like you are enjoying building. They are lovely homes.

I popped in my Disney save briefly over the weekend. @soocoolsim built a fun school for the Disney Magic Kingdom Collaboration. I love it! This is, It's a Small World Academy. The rabbithole school is behind the castle. In other areas she put in skill activities for the kids to use. I sent my tester kids to check it out. Sorry this picture is grey, but it was overcast when I popped in game, but I did catch the first rainbow I found in the Disney world. :heart:Exchange link
    52148300968_399b8db88e_o.jpg

Working on that very important cooking skill.
    52148521759_54ec3ef506_o.jpg

It sure is more fun looking for stars then sitting in a boring classroom learning about logic. :grin:
    52148775520_75143ba139_o.jpg

Independent music class!
    52147265902_1212cd10ea_o.jpg

He quickly found the easels in the tower to work on his artistry.
    52148285756_7ca48624aa_o.jpg
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    @texansky It's being posted to my dA account, but I do have a number of stories that will be posted onto my AO3. I didn't get home until early hours on Saturday (My sister and mum went to an Ed Sheeran concert at the Etihad on Friday, and unfortunately most of the major roads in the city centre were closed due to a music festival. Getting out of the car park itself was a pain, as people were pushing in the traffic queue) so I haven't been up to writing or playing The Sims 3
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    @bekkasan

this replacement star mod has not crashed my game so far, it's very
    pretty. thank you, Lovely school shots.

@polrbear

Great houses,
    they both look very nice.
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    My sim just realized that she is now responsible for a whole other sim for the next 18 sim years

VvHYfPh.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    @Silverofdreams30 Thank you. Shirley's relationship to her boss is purely professional *cough*. Well, she's a hopeless romantic...

@texansky Buy mode to the rescue. Thank you, I had some fun with the couple.

@Sprottenham Thank you for the comments. You say it "only affects a moodlet", but it's the other way round. The moodlet affects the behavior. If that "eternally faithful" moodlet is there, it becomes very unlikely that sims will accept romantic advances from other sims, even flirty ones, who start the whole mess themselves. Being hypocritical is part of the sims' nature :wink: .
    Well, I assumed Deepak wasn't dead yet. I don't think you would build a hospital just for a pic of a dead sim on a bed :lol: .
    Yeah, the "empty lot" comment was for people who know Riverview well, and the house kind of sits in a forest. I'll show a pic later.
    Well, Riverview was free, so I don't mind the recycled rabbitholes. Some rabbitholes get nearly always recycled, with few exceptions. But yes, the festival lot is the same building as the abandoned railway station in Twinbrook.
    Those sisters in the "split" house (it's even the official house name) love to argue, and you can't do that with a wall between you (well, you had to wait for Sims4 to do that :smiley: ).
    Hahaha, there's no friendzoning in the sims. ;)
    True :wink: . That was more of my head canon.
    I still had to somehow force Billy into the romance, as his traits would never bring him to do that autonomously. I removed the loner trait later, because SP will destroy the relationship otherwise (and send countless boring messages that it does so every two minutes or so). The kiss was more from his "inappropriate" trait. He does that with many women when he first meets them. Needless to say, I had to give him "No Jealousy" as soon as he had the points. Shirley also got that one, because she's a "hopeless romantic", stress on "hopeless". They are doing lots of autonomous romantic interactions with each other though, so the "married life" pic was more of a joke.
    Looking forward to seeing your hospital scene.

@polrbear Those are interesting-looking houses, especially the second one :smile:

@bekkasan Thank you for the comments. Yeah, Riverview is quiet. I added some of the homeless, mostly because they bugged out and stood all day at the edge of the road, but it made things more lively. Speaking of mystery, the house on the hill that you mentioned is the Remington house, where you have to find out how the family there died and are supposed to resurrect them. It's obviously a play on the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, and it even looks a bit similar. Not good for a starting family in the sims though, as you have to pay taxes for all those nonsense builds :lol: .
    Funny your Mara's Temple pic was supposed to look red. I kind of assumed it was supposed to be red, but couldn't really make it out as such. Then again, especially red is something I hardly see, so that's always guesswork for me.
    Billy's house was supposed to be a modernized barn. Now, I don't really buy that as it just looks modern and not at all like a barn. There are absolutely no beams involved, but I'll show a few pics to illustrate this.
    Great pics of that "medieval" school. It has a genuine amusement park feel to it.

As not everyone knows Riverview, here's a pic of the original state of Billy's house. It's supposed to be a converted barn with a separate shed for the car. The dining place is in between both buildings. From the back you can see that it's a completely open floor plan.
    OzcH6vl.jpg
    d7HHiJ7.jpg
    There's no table inside, so I decided to connect both buildings with an actual dining room. Outside dining works well in the original perpetual sunshine, but not so much in rain and snow.
    While the open floor plan is a nice idea, it's kind of wasted at this point. Yes, there's the Remington villa on the hill, but other than that, there isn't much to see. While there is an interesting viewing angle from the lot, there's no way to see this from the house:
    XNcoSpL.jpg
    Also, I needed space for a family :wink: .
    And yes, I can even use a garden if I want. The nice thing in the sims is that you can change the trees according to season :lol: .
    ryxvuzd.jpg
    And here's the rear end. I still have to remove the original fence, as it's pointless now.
    CvLpqrf.jpg
    I still changed a few things after this shot, but that may come if I do more updates to this.

I mentioned that Billy needs the "No jealousy" reward, given he not only insults sims he meets, but sometimes also kisses the women he talks to. Which isn't always appreciated by the people. However, Shirley isn't exactly immune from this, either.
    Here, Jon Lessen had invited her to a party. Jon wasn't there, because he went on a date with June Shallow (oh right, Constance broke up with him), but his wife functioned as host. This is Shirley saying "hello" to her boss Jebediah.
    0GT1cd2.jpg
    It doesn't go further than amorous hugs and held hands, and this time it ended like this.
    mi58m9E.jpg
    And that's the boss of the town's hospital. Hunter Cottoneye was amused.
    Cpm5fRJ.jpg
    Hunter is neurotic, insane and mean-spirited, so he used the landline to call for a nuclear strike on the house. Unfortunately for him, Grim informed him that he was momentarily out of nukes, so no dice.
    At the same time, Shirley met her sister Roxie.
    GiUocyI.jpg
    Roxie plays the game "get kids from lots of different guys and live off child support". Works out well for her.
    Well, the sisters still don't like each other.
    iNwDNAP.jpg
    By the way, if Billy had waited a bit, there was another opening on the dating market when Elaine Joy, the host Shirley is talking to here, had broken up with her boyfriend. It didn't last long though until Jon Lessen got involved here, too.
    vVSRSwo.jpg
    As that thing with the nuclear strike didn't work out, Hunter had no other option than to go for close combat with Vadim Simovitch.
    wtQAbPo.jpg
    So yeah, just a normal party in the Sims3.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top