Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blue Moon Potions, Potables and Ponderings

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I think I will binge watch Underworld.
    I've only seen the first two movies, and I bought a 4 disc collection and Blood Wars came out after that.
    I have had them for years and never watched them.

I think I will have vampires and werewolves use Henford-On-Bagley as their hunting grounds
    Henford will be the home of my Hogwarts Spellcasters.

This is moony, but no mention of werewolves, just a crow, mermaids, and pirates.
    https://youtu.be/1damn9i4JEo
    Oh, wait...
    I just heard her sing "A Wolf in the garden..."

I haven't watched Underworld since....I can't remember. I need to look it up and see if it's on one of my streaming sites.

For my story, I'm thinking Moonwood Mill and Henford-on-Bagley for my werewolves, Forgotten Hollow and Windenberg for my vampires, and Glimmerbrook and Brindleton Bay for my spellcasters. Henford has werewolf feels. That's definitely my love of American Werewolf in London talking. The Hollow and Windenberg have that natural old world European feel that is perfectly vampiric. Brindleton has New England vibes and that ties in perfectly with the Salem witches and witch trials. Actually, that gives me an idea. Since Brindleton has that New England feel, that's where the conflict between spellcasters and humans is the most intense. The humans remember the witches of old, the stories passed down over the centuries. Now they see spellcasters coming and think they mean to settle old scores. Maybe that is why the spellcasters are coming to Brindleton Bay?

So much to think about.....
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited June 2022
    I think I will binge watch Underworld.
    I've only seen the first two movies, and I bought a 4 disc collection and Blood Wars came out after that.
    I have had them for years and never watched them.

I think I will have vampires and werewolves use Henford-On-Bagley as their hunting grounds

I haven't watched Underworld since....I can't remember. I need to look it up and see if it's on one of my streaming sites.

For my story, I'm thinking Moonwood Mill and Henford-on-Bagley for my werewolves, Forgotten Hollow and Windenberg for my vampires, and Glimmerbrook and Brindleton Bay for my spellcasters. Henford has werewolf feels. That's definitely my love of American Werewolf in London talking. The Hollow and Windenberg have that natural old world European feel that is perfectly vampiric. Brindleton has New England vibes and that ties in perfectly with the Salem witches and witch trials. Actually, that gives me an idea. Since Brindleton has that New England feel, that's where the conflict between spellcasters and humans is the most intense. The humans remember the witches of old, the stories passed down over the centuries. Now they see spellcasters coming and think they mean to settle old scores. Maybe that is why the spellcasters are coming to Brindleton Bay?

So much to think about.....

When Realm of Magic came out, I needed a large lot to build a mansion version of my ROM homes.
    I picked Brindleton Bay and created a magical duo of spellcasters to test it out. I really loved the location and I left my test spellcasters in the game.
    09-27-19_10-53-17nbspAM.png

09-23-19_7-20-58nbspAM.png

09-27-19_9-20-34nbspAM.png

I have versions scattered across different neighborhoods though.
    09-13-19_10-26-44nbspAM.png

Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    @CK213 Thank you for sharing those pics. I love that house, omg it's so perfect for spellcasters.

My mind is made up now, it's Brindleton for my spellcasters. I wasn't sure which bigger world was going to be home to my spellcasters when I came in to make my last post. By the time I was done, I was thinking Brindleton, now I know it for sure.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    In case any sim needs to do some reading. According to the description, things start to go bad when a visit is planned to Granite Falls.

hdBD2c9.jpg
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Oh my gosh, another Underworld Saga fan who's a simmer. So cool. B)
    I'm a big fan of the Underworld movies ever since I found out that Kate Beckinsale was playing the lead character Selene. She's a very, very good actress. The fact that she could go from playing Jane Austen's Emma to Selene is so awesome.
    I too have the complete collection of the Underworld Sage on DVD & I'm also currently rewatching it in starting with the Rise of the Lycans to the Blood Wars.
    I even made a sim based on Selene & saved her in the Gallery under SEREFRAS. When I get the Werewolves, I'm going to make Lycan because he was my favorite Werewolf. >:):p
    Here's a rough draft of the larger story that is the backdrop of my little occult romance...

Spellcasters(The Coven)-

Look down on werewolves and non-magical humans. They consider werewolves to be lower than non-magical humans. Their dislike for both stems from their belief that neither strives for a higher state of consciousness. They hate vampires.

Spellcasters have a fragile truce with humans. This is a recent development. For centuries going back to the time of The Cleansing, there has been deep mistrust if not open animosity and war between spellcasters and humans for the persecution of spellcasters and their Cleansing by fire. They will help to defend humans in cases of vampire attacks but don’t trust them. They are fearful that some among the humans want to start a new Cleansing, which is not an unfounded fear.

Werewolves(The Pack)-

They hate humans because humans keep hunting them down and killing them, and spellcasters because they try to lift the werewolf curse and recruit them to spellcasting. The werewolves love connecting with the more primitive side of their nature and can’t understand why the others don’t want to do the same. Most werewolves do not want to be cured and will attack any human or spellcaster who attempts to do so. Like the others they loathe vampires and will on occasion band together with humans and spellcasters to defeat them. That alliance is fragile and ends as soon as the battle against vampires is over.

Vampires(The Guild)-

They feel contempt for all other life states. They see themselves as nobility, kings and queens, and this status entitles them to rule over all others. They see the others as useful only in satisfying their needs and desires. It wasn’t always like this with the vampires, but nobody can locate the master vampire who turned them from a nuisance to a plague. All who are turned, by choice or against their will become willing soldiers in the army of the night. After being drank from three times a victim will become a vampire even if against their will. If the master vampire can be located and defeated this plague will end and the current war will end and the longstanding uneasy peace will return. There is a faction within the vampires that has fought successfully against being corrupted, They too secretly, and quietly, seek the unseen master vampire who has turned them into pariahs and wish to overthrow him and restore the ‘Old Ways’

Humans-

Dislike or hate the occults, though that isn’t a universal belief. Some do accept the existence of the occults. There is a faction within the humans, ‘The Righteous’ who seek to eliminate all occults or at least those who refuse to accept a cure that returns them to a non-occult human state.

The Cleansing-

A time in history four centuries past, where occults were actively hunted down like animals and captured. They were ‘tried’ for their crime of being ‘Unclean’ and cleansed by fire. All occults have passed down stories of The Cleansing through the centuries and it is a major reason why they are distrustful of the humans now. They know of the existence of The Righteous who would like to bring about a new Cleansing, but since they hide amongst the other humans this causes tension in all interactions.

Even the spellcasters that feel contempt for humans who don’t seek a higher state of being, wish to defeat the master vampire who turned The Guild to evil, and the The Righteous who persecute all occults. The same holds true for werewolves who only wish to be left alone to live a life that embraces the animal within. The faction within the Guild who seek to defeat the master, wish to restore them as accepted, if not embraced, by the other life states.
    I came up with a name for the story, The Darkening. That is the name of the current conflict between the four groups. The 'Old Ways' were a code and a treaty that governed all in the centuries between The Cleansing and The Darkening. The Master tore up the Old Ways 50 years ago and started this conflict. My female werewolf Danielle, I don't know yet if I'll rename her or not, and her spellcaster lover will team with the faction of vampires who want the Old Ways back and a small group of others to defeat the Master.
    In the midst of that conflict is the forbidden love between werewolf Danielle and her spellcaster, and her having to deal with the fallout of that romance and her feelings about having become a werewolf. I do have a few storylines to juggle but I'm looking forward to it.

And I'm open to suggestions for alternative titles to the story.🙂
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    Greetings travelers!

Please accept my apologies for being somewhat absent again. I have yet another outside distraction that will limit my engagement here. Unfortunately, it will also limit my ability to respond to the new arrivals, Thursday. But, please. Make yourselves at home. I will join you more fully when I am able.

(Yes. It’s yet another COVID emergency coverage. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 virus just won’t go away.)
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    @cyncie Stay safe! Hopefully we most of us won't trash the place too much while you're busy. :sweat_smile:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    *loud crashing noise*

Yes. What @VeeDub said we....

*Food Fight!!!*

...won't trash the place

*sounds of shattering glass*

Promise!

*fire alarms blaring*

Does anyone smell smoke?

‐‐

Stay safe!
    @CK213 Thank you for sharing those pics. I love that house, omg it's so perfect for spellcasters.

My mind is made up now, it's Brindleton for my spellcasters. I wasn't sure which bigger world was going to be home to my spellcasters when I came in to make my last post. By the time I was done, I was thinking Brindleton, now I know it for sure.

If your game is like my game, expect a lot of rain in Brindleton Bay and cheat your sim a weather machine.
    Especially now that we have lunar cycles and it's desirable to actually see the moon.
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I prefer the term "Clan" for vampires instead of the guild, but if guild suits you more, go for it!

@CK213 That is one hell of a home! Can you please post a link for download?
    @MilutinMujovic Thank you. I went with guild because clan has two meanings here and I can't separate the two in my mind. I know you meant no harm and I truly appreciate your input.😁
    edited June 2022

If your game is like my game, expect a lot of rain in Brindleton Bay and cheat your sim a weather machine.
    Especially now that we have lunar cycles and it's desirable to actually see the moon.

Maybe the new pack will give our spellcasters control of the weather.🤔 Yeah, that probably is asking too much. One weather machine coming up.😁
    @DaniRose2143 I prefer the term "Clan" for vampires instead of the guild, but if guild suits you more, go for it!

09-27-19_9-56-53nbspAM.png

@CK213 That is one hell of a home! Can you please post a link for download?
    No problem.

Original ROM version.
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/78C2ECF8E13411E98EE2303966EC7D90
    06-14-22_5-40-33_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    06-14-22_5-40-39_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

06-14-22_5-40-45_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

06-14-22_5-40-50_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Goth Family version
    This version is for the Goth's and takes the furniture and surface materials from their original home
    and applies it to ROM Mansion.
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BD0F145CEA3611EA8ADE7B1E401331EB
    06-14-22_5-37-59_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    06-14-22_5-38-10_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

06-14-22_5-38-16_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

06-14-22_5-38-30_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    @CK213 Thanks for the link!
    A little something ahead of tomorrow. Sorry @VeeDub, hopefully as reviews come out the vampire-werewolf hostility won't be as bad as you fear. I hate it for you, I know you were looking forward to it at one point.

https://youtu.be/Cx-qHlxOW7c
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    It looks like the Moonwood Collective (if that's the correct name) wants to live in harmony with all Sims, so there must be a way to ally with the vampires.
    @DaniRose2143 Thank you for your kind thoughts. There may be a way and we just haven't heard about it yet. If not, there are lots of other things to do. :) Also, I love that music you shared!

@telemwill Maybe so. I'm not keen on what I've heard about the two wolf packs, so that wouldn't be a good solution for me personally, but it might help others who would enjoy the gaming aspect of the pack system. :) My issue is more that I want to be able to pick and choose when as well as why there is conflict between occults, if there is any at all. From what I've seen so far, I think I'm probably out of luck with that. :lol:
    VeeDub wrote: »
    @DaniRose2143 Thank you for your kind thoughts. There may be a way and we just haven't heard about it yet. If not, there are lots of other things to do. :) Also, I love that music you shared!

@telemwill Maybe so. I'm not keen on what I've heard about the two wolf packs, so that wouldn't be a good solution for me personally, but it might help others who would enjoy the gaming aspect of the pack system. :) My issue is more that I want to be able to pick and choose when as well as why there is conflict between occults, if there is any at all. From what I've seen so far, I think I'm probably out of luck with that. :lol:

I love Wardruna. They have some amazing music and it's fascinating to watch them perform. They do it with very few instruments we're familiar with. This is a good example and has an elven element to the story behind it.

https://youtu.be/mHAWJKmMTRQ
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Thank you for your kind thoughts. There may be a way and we just haven't heard about it yet. If not, there are lots of other things to do. :) Also, I love that music you shared!

I'm not keen on what I've heard about the two wolf packs, so that wouldn't be a good solution for me personally, but it might help others who would enjoy the gaming aspect of the pack system. :)My issue is more that I want to be able to pick and choose when as well as why there is conflict between occults, if there is any at all. From what I've seen so far, I think I'm probably out of luck with that. :lol:

@VeeDub You are not alone. I share your disappointment. For exactly the same reason as you say here.

But I like your attitude. There are lots of other things to do. Let's move on. We've got other stories to tell.

And I can be happy for those who enjoy the pack as it is. Hoping to see some fun werewolf screenshots soon. :smile:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    @VeeDub There's lore in the new pack that explains the spellcaster/werewolf vs vampire lore!

And greetings once again, everyone. I've been spending more and time these days in Sylvan Glade as it's the only place I've found where my own kind are fully welcome.

While our good landlord is absent I may skip on my usual order and go drink nectar straight from the flowers. If anyone needs me, I'll be in the garden.
    @viola-illyria I'm aware of the witch/vamp/were background story, but thank you for pointing it out. :) Unfortunately it doesn't meld at all with my own. But never mind all that, because I have other stories to make, and I look forward to hearing about the werewolf adventures of others. And about escapades in gardens and glades, for that matter. ;)
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I hope they added werewolf clubs to the game (as preset club?) I haven't gotten the pack yet.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top