Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moonwood Mill Builds

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    I think I'm going to turn that small lot into a teen clubhouse. Like I'll have a sim (maybe a pet, if I can) live on that lot alone, and teens can send any money they earn to that lot. The money they use can slowly be used to build up their base over time.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Im floating around some ideas, but I need the pack and see the world for myself. Its a no brainer that I definitely want my lots to feel part of Moonwood, so old, dilapidated builds here are going to be taking center stage here. And not only do I want the lots to belong in Moonwood, I want them to tell a story too. Im currently messing around with the idea that Moonwood used to be a company town in the old days, but when the company went under, so did everything around it. I might start off with building what was once a lodging home for the loggers who rented a room on weekly basis. It housed workers who had no home and tramped around from place to place looking for work, and those who lived too far away to be commuting to and from work on a daily basis. From there, more ideas will start come into place.
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    I’m thinking of a mobile home / RV trailer park so the sim(s) I’m planning to play has neighbors around them that can help my sim(s) or who they have to hide their furry secret from.
  • DaiyuDaiyu Posts: 771 Member
    I think this build by littlepirate213 would potentially work well in Moonwood Mill.

06d4c8add9ab68344a9fa4d08390ef50260e4eaa.png

More info on their tumblr page here https://pilcrow00b6.tumblr.com/post/681690033753817088/canned-goods-warehouse-the-long-abandoned-canned or just look on the gallery.

Posted here incase someone else is looking for something like this.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I don't know that I want to go full-on abandoned factory or junkyard for any of my lots, although I am really looking forward to seeing what other creative things people come up with! But I do think I'm going to be adding Eco Living dumpsters to more than one of the lots. The bar definitely needs at least a couple.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited June 2022
    I've been building my own log cabin for the empty 30x30 lot. It's still a work in progress (still have to do the landscaping and debug decorations) but below is the general idea of what I'm going for. It's the biggest house I've built in the Sims, and I don't even wanna think about how I'm going to furnish it lol. I'll post more screenshots once it's done. :)
    7FBGTnX.png

fuvDs0Q.png

Reference:
    jsqCruy.jpg
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    @Plumbeeb That looks great! Love the colors too. You've almost inspired me to build my in-laws family cabin but I haven't been there in years since it's in another state. Might be hard to do by memory.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited June 2022
    I seen a BB review and OMG this pack is going to just be the BEST for my serial killer Outdoor Retreat park, all this worn down stuff for abandoned houses.

I mean, Vampires was good, it gives off a great spooky vibe for your haunted houses - great for when you want to load up on Paranormal. Realm Of Magic had a vibe about it when you wanted a spooky build. And Paranormal was definitely spooky in its own way but also they are very clean.

Werewolves gives off this 'abandoned' vibe that we still need. And I'm going to go into Debug for the landscape like crazy.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I seen a BB review and OMG this pack is going to just be the BEST for my serial killer Outdoor Retreat park, all this worn down stuff for abandoned houses.

I mean, Vampires was good, it gives off a great spooky vibe for your haunted houses - great for when you want to load up on Paranormal. Realm Of Magic had a vibe about it when you wanted a spooky build. And Paranormal was definitely spooky in its own way but also they are very clean.

Werewolves gives off this 'abandoned' vibe that we still need. And I'm going to go into Debug for the landscape like crazy.

Ok, I just choked on my cola while reading "Serial Killer Outdoor Retreat Park".

Not trying to pressure you but please if you decide to share that on the gallery, please leave a link. It just sounds fantastic!
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I can't even think about what to build until I play the pack and get a feel for it. Normally I would immediately delete the community lots. I don't need another library or bar.. But I don't know what happens with the NPC's, and I need to make sure I can access the lore from another library etc.. I will be doing a play through in a new save first.

But I LOVE the idea of a campground that some others mentioned above. Drama between the werewolves that might hunt a camper, and those that wouldn't.. hmmm

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    For now, after watching the reviews just settled on building a few cabins to be used on the 30x30 lot:
    sGDOr4yl.png
    LM9FyFal.png

When the new Build and Buy items come out can't wait to give a rundown look.

• dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Im not building until I get the pack as my builds usually spread out past the lot size so I need to see where they are! But I just love this aesthetic so much.

One of the creators on YT mentioned that we really dont have that much rundown, grungy stuff and its true....most things are just shop perfect and obviously remain that way. This pack has so many uses in regular family gameplay, for example a rundown shed in the back garden or a much loved couch that is falling apart. Just stuff that a normal family might still be hanging on to.
    Not to mention how great the CAS is for just casual family wear.

....and I havent even mentioned the werewolves yet!!LOL
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Well, I'm definitely going to have to attempt that sewer build I've been putting off...

I :heart: debug!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yeah only gonna build when I actually have the pack
    I've been thinking up many things I wanna build in Moonwood Mill
    but I do need to have the build buy to accurately scale things
    so that I get absolute best out of the few lots and all cool new items we have

then again I am still trying to battle myself to not buy this pack immediately
    (futile attempt I know :lol: I will give up eventually but let me at least try for week or two :joy:)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    For those after a more derelict aesthetic, Simlicy has created a rundown motel for Moonwood Mills which fits really nicely into the world. I'll be changing it to a residential lot, and moving in Rory and Lou.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZelaQrESx0E