March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    June - Day 12: "We all need someone who inspires us to do better than we know how..."

surOw7Y.png

Notes
    suhocot.png
    When the boys arrived home from school Monday afternoon, Joe was still feeling grumpy around everyone and just wanted to be alone. He's locked in his room again for awhile. Joe took advantage of the time-out to practice untamed spellcasting.

KVu7gCh.png
    Sandy can't progress in the Renaissance aspiration without getting another job. She's come to enjoy being a homebody though, so decided to try her hand a programming instead.

wbwrUIM.png
    Cale is busy painting again. I started out having him do that to increase his fame, but he really seems to enjoy it and will often head for the easel when left on full autonomy.

XxJJ94l.png
    Cale Jr. is working on the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration now. He's taking it very casual though. It just gives him something to do. Honestly, I just wanted to see him playing on the monkey bars. Looks like he's having fun anyway.

IthRUhP.png
    Cale got a call from Adam asking if he'd like to come over to his house to hangout and perhaps he could mentor him in singing as well. He told Cale to bring Sandy and the boys too if they'd like to come.

It was a little later in the evening though and the boys had school tomorrow. Plus, I doubt Joe would've had much fun since he's being a grumpy loner at the moment. In light of that, Cale went by himself this time. He found Adam waiting out front for him.

He thanked Adam for inviting him over and the two went inside.

vQIA8ZN.png
    Out on the back deck, Adam asked Cale to sing for him. He gave him some advice, singing bits of his own songs to demonstrate. The two spent awhile doing that and then decided to take a break and just hangout.

wTj2KHJ.png
    "This is a great place you have here, it's so big! The view is amazing too."
    "Thanks, I love it! It might seem big for one person, but I have a lot of friends and enjoy entertaining, so I wanted a place with lots of room to have fun with my friends and family."

5FlfgIk.png
    "Thanks again for helping me improve my singing. I really appreciate it."
    "Hey, it's my pleasure, you're my friend, I like you and I think you have great potential. I like to see my friends do well in life and help them to do that if I can."

IxucKrr.png
    They sat soaking for awhile, but soon decided to cool off in Adam's infinity pool. They had some fun fooling around, splashing each other and just enjoying the cool water on this warm, humid night in Del Sol Valley.

jOPxU30.png
    Look at that view! Almost makes me wish I'd had Cale live up in the hills instead. I forgot how beautiful it was when Essa and Josh lived up here last year. Ah well, maybe I'll have them move once Cale is a bigger star or something.

hOkAQWE.png
    "By the way, congrats on your nomination for a Starlight Accolade for your acting. You've come so far in such a short time Dude. I bet you'll win."
    "Hey thanks! It all seems so unreal, you know? Just a few months ago, I was a nobody. Now I can't go anywhere without someone recognizing me."
    "You could wear a disguise, I do that sometimes, but not often."
    "Maybe I'll try that. Anyway, it's getting late. I should probably go."

tq6DMqr.png
    "Thanks again for inviting me over Adam, you're a great guy! I'm so glad you're my friend."
    "Hey, friends hang out together and help each other, right? You don't have to keep thanking me, but it's cool that you do anyway."
    "Yeah, you're right. I still can't over how you're just like a regular guy. I mean, you're not, but, you act like one. If that makes sense?"
    "I am just a regular guy. I just happen to be a great singer too. I try not to let all the fame go to my head. It's not worth it, remember that."
    "I will, see you at the Gala Sunday!"
    "See you there, hey, I'll save you some seats so you and your family can sit by me if you want to."
    "Sounds great! Thanks Adam, bye for now!"

O7Mt7j6.png
    Back home, Joe was very hungry but he of course couldn't get out of his room since I'd locked the door. No worries, just use the Delicioso spell Joe.

"Ohhh Yeahhh! Pasta Primavera, my favorite!"

He looks quite pleased with himself eh?

SF4vCNO.png
    The fridge was empty too, so I had Cale cook up some Blackened Bass. My Sims eat this a lot. There's two reasons for that. Blackened Bass has no calories and most of all, I just love watching them set the pan on fire!

yU8a8e9.png
    Uh oh, not a good idea Cale Jr. Your Dad is right there! What the heck little Dude?

f6dnJ2t.png
    "And just what do you think you're doing Mister? There's no excuse for making a mess like this. We don't own this house Son. You should be ashamed of yourself."

YEOrUoZ.png
    "I am, I'm sorry Daddy, I'll clean it up."
    "You better hope you can get that paint off with just a mop or the cost of refinishing the floor is coming out of your allowance, understand?"
    "Yes Daddy."

xuWhlyQ.png
    "Oh good, you're in luck, it's coming off."
    "Yeah, lucky me. Hey, uh, could you move back a little? I don't wanna mop paint on your feet Daddy."
    "Sure, I need to do some stuff in my office anyway. I think you should go to bed when you're finished."
    "Aww man, but-"
    "But what?"
    "Uh, nevermind. G'Night Daddy."

ERwESO9.png
    Besides selling paintings, practicing scenes in public and playing his guitar in the park, Cale has been keeping a media profile updated, uploading images and viral videos to increase his fame. He of course gets fame for acting too, and it goes up whenever anyone sees him talking to Judith since she's his friend now. Doing all that helps, but it still goes up very, very slowly it seems.

z3SVft1.png
    However, once he became a B-Lister, one of the perks is donating objects to charity and fans. Depending on the value of what he donates, his fame goes up quite substantially! Since he's quite well off anyway, Cale bought a bunch of expensive violins and donated them to charity.

All it took was six of them and within seconds BINGO! Cale is now a 4 Star Proper Celebrity! Seems kind of cheaty, but hey, it's one of the perks so a perfectly legit way to gain fame in my opinion. Congrats Cale, you're well on your way to becoming a Global Superstar!

I'll get started on comments/replies next. Hope y'all had a fantastic day/night! <3
    edited June 2022
    @LegacySims2017
    Congratulations to DJ & to you for finishing the StrangerVille mystery aspiration! DJ the Hero looks so handsome and proud in his uniform. Look at all those medals! :)

@SoulGal7
    Thank you about Cale, I agree. I love redheads anyway. <3 Very disappointing you're giving up on this challenge. Telling a story is optional though, as you know. You could just continue with a daily post pic only with Dylan? Or just a few screenshots with simple updates. I mean, that's what you plan to do/are doing with the other challenge you're playing now, so why not, right? :)

I understand though. The entire reason I intended to do just a daily post pic and no story this year is because it's very time consuming and sometimes very frustrating writing a story every single day in this challenge. And I don't work like you do. But, I love to write and I love to take screenshots so my good intensions soon went flying out the window in favor of a story. Que Sera Sera...

I'm guessing you're the same way. You just can't NOT write a story, it's in your blood. You already know how I feel about your writing, I've said it enough times, I think you missed your calling and should've been an author. :)

Thank you so much for trying this challenge, not only this year, but last year as well. And thanks too for all your help and suggestions for improvements. For one thing, Essa would not be Essa if you hadn't suggested that name for her. Also, the suggestion Newcrest be a 'free' area was a great idea too. It's been a lot of fun following the stories for Sakura and Dylan. I'll miss Dylan and will always wonder how it might've ended for him. Anyway, have a great vacation in July and have fun playing the other challenge. Good luck wherever life takes you. :)<3 *Hugs*
    June - Day 13: "Love is Powerful, Love is Magical. And falling with the Right Person makes it Beautiful..."

ugrAF4o.png

Notes
    wOvHmNW.png
    Joe had hoped to go to the Magic Realm last weekend, but they never did make it there. This weekend was the Gala, so they most likely wouldn't go then either. The boys had built up some vacations days and Cale's next gig wasn't until Thursday. So, the family traveled together to the Realm today.

Joe took off almost right away, giddy with excitement to check out the large volume of Magic Tomes in HQ, while Cale Jr. walked around checking everything out accompanied by Simeon. The boy had a million questions the Sage was more than willing to answer.

After hanging out with Morgyn for a bit, Cale and Sandy went in search of L. They found her in the basement where she spent most of her time when not teaching classes to her students.

"Cale! Oh my dear it's so good to see you again. I've missed you."
    "Yeah, sorry about that, I've been immersed in auditions and gigs lately."
    "I understand dear, so happy you were able to take the time to visit today though."

NcJmZXb.png
    "Sandy dear, I've missed you too sweet girl."
    "I've missed you too."

HytFOw1.png
    They had a wonderful chat with L. catching up on everything they'd all been doing, but soon L. had a class to teach. She promised to see them afterward. With the boys occupied with their own interests, Cale suggested they travel to the gardens to spend some time fishing and enjoying the beauty of the area.

hH8XcLE.png
    "I love this place, do you remember the last time we were here?"
    "Of course, the time we spent all day in the Realm together."

IFuGkjV.png
    "I remember this spot in particular. It's where we had our first kiss."

rEISYJl.png
    "It is? Wasn't it when we were dancing on Love Day?"
    "Well yeah, technically I guess that's true too. But to me, as a teen who was so crazy in love with you, an older woman who seemed out of reach?"

fOJMsQ8.png
    "It was when you kissed me on the cheek, like this. Remember?"

EkHmS0Z.png
    "I do remember. You were so sweet and loving that day."

AAURSbs.png
    "You made my heart so full of happiness, I couldn't help myself. I think I began to fall in love with you that day."

GyDi0WR.png
    "I think I gave you a rose from my garden that day too, didn't I? If I didn't here's one for today. A rose though beautiful, pales in comparison next to your beauty."
    "Oh Cale, thank you, you're being so sweet and romantic today."

S8QCz2L.png
    "I never believed in love at first sight until I saw you in that food stall in Mt. Komorebi and I fell in love. You smiled at me and I believe it was because you knew. You were there for me and saved me in my darkest days. You stood by my side even when we weren't together."

"Thinking about you and how much I loved you gave me hope. Even when I didn't know it was you in my dreams, I knew you were someone special and couldn't stop thinking about you. "

"You never gave up on our love. You have bewitched me, body, heart and soul. You are my magic and I love you."

bnE4fxZ.png
    "I never want to be apart from you again. Alessandra French, my beautiful Sandy..."
    *Gasp*

UKmghx0.png
    "Will you marry me?"

Gukpa2Z.png
    "Oh my Gawd, my heart! Is this for real? Are you serious?"
    "I've never been more serious about anything in my life."

7UYRwut.png
    "Oh, look at this ring, it's gorgeous Cale!"

mIcNWLb.png
    "And it fits perfectly! See?"
    "Okay, since you put it on, does that mean you're saying yes?"
    "Yes, yes, of course! YES! A thousand, million, quadrillion times yes! I love you Cale!"

K6ivybu.png
    valCVGH.png
    Sandy couldn't contain her excitement and surprised Cale by jumping into his arms.
    "Whoa! A bit excited huh?"
    "You could say that." Sandy said with a giggle.

wUP3vSP.png
    "It's a good thing I'm strong."

nlKSTlU.png
    "My big strong future husband. I can't wait to marry you and be your wife."
    "Got any ideas on when and where? Personally I don't care where or when, I'd marry you right here and now if we could."
    "We can talk about that later, I'm too happy to think straight right now, all I want is for you to kiss me again."

I9jqnyl.png
    RpTLBCh.png
    a5d90RU.png

Hs5F6JA.png
    I love sentiments so much! Look at that, Deeply in Love! <3 I've only ever seen this sentiment one other time, last year. I think y'all can guess when it happened. <3
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    June 12th Comments:

@Karababy52
    Ha. Too funny. It does look like Cale is looking out at the Watcher. He did awesome autonomously kicking tooshie on that infected Sim. I was cheering him on. Dylan was spray crazy autonomously, which was great, too. And Aaron....I think he had an angry mood which helped for the story. Not sure what he was really angry about, should have looked. I just noticed it was red behind his profile image. I really wish they'd allow more than three to fight the Mother Plant. I get having to vaccine three for sure, but make it so a full household can take it on. I had to laugh that after I selected Aaron, Cale, and Dylan...the others left the room.

Luckily for Joe, game time is much quicker than real time. Being sent to his room wasn't all that bad I guess. He looks so much like Cale in his early days every time you post images of him. You'd swear that HE was a Cale Jr. But I'm eager to see what Cale Jr. does look as a teenager. How much of Cale vs Sandy genes will he have. I can see Cale have two best men for his wedding. His boys. Or Joe is his best man and Jr. is his ring bearer. I also see L. Faba as Sandy's maid-of-honor. I'm planning the wedding party for you. :joy:
    I like the backdrop to Adam's pool. Very luxurious looking. Ha, ha. Poor moody Joe gets locked in his room again. At least it gave him time to work on spellcasting. He does look proud of the dinner he conjured up for himself. Naughty Jr. for making a mess. More naughty he does it when dad is right around the corner. Can't place the blame on older brother that way. :lol: Maybe that was him rebelling that he couldn't play with his older brother cause Joe was locked in his room. Thanks for sharing tips ahead of time for me how to get D.J.'s fame and other stuff up by sharing it in your own story. Will help me when I get to that stage.
    D.J. reached the final career level as an Officer behind-the-scenes. So I think it is fitting the uniform has all those medals. We'll see them in the display case at a later time in his future home. I'm going to use it as not career promotions, but more for what he did to help StrangerVille. :smile:

@SoulGal7 ( mention you in here, @Karababy52 )
    I truly am going to miss Dylan in your story. I've been reading comments to you from the others and think Karababy is onto something about not worrying about the story portion of it, but play out the Aspirations and just post images. You've given us enough backstory AND current story, it can be like a "create your own adventure" for the reader and we can put it together just by your images. You could even do that with the bad guys after Dylan still. Don't have to write the story. Just post images and we can form it in our own minds. Either way, all your unfinished and finished stories are fun to read. You have the talent to be a writer like Karababy also mentioned. If you don't continue with Dylan, I hope you still visit this thread. Just because my StrangerVille is over and Dylan is cured and helped fight the Mother Plant, it *is not* the last we've seen of him. I even plan on putting him together with Morgan. Because of the new wedding pack, I'm going to have D.J.'s wedding be more extraordinary than my past wedding stories/images. And trust me, Dylan is going to be seen in it.

@RememberJoy
    Nice! Adam uses the paparazzi to gain more yoga students. He knows how to take advantage of them, even if they can get annoying. Good for Adam. LOL @ Judith doing pushups. Like you mentioned, she's showing off to Adam how much his classes has meant to her.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    @LegacySims2017
    hehe I know right? Proud of that guy, proud of all of them! Too funny about Aaron's anger. I wondered about that look on his face. He did look a bit overly angry. Must be his hot-headed trait kicked in. hehe Ah well, I'm sure it helped in his resolve to kick the Mother's butt!

Yup, it's a bummer alright, I wish the same thing. Technically, you don't even have to take your team with you. They'll all show up and come out those doors surrounding the arena where she's kept, where the possessed Sims appear. For story purposes though, I've always brought my team with me when fighting the Mother. :)

Oh man, I get mixed up with their names myself sometimes for that very reason! I was shocked how much Joe looks like Cale considering he looked nothing like him before I gave him a makeover. He still doesn't look quite exactly like him, but that's okay, he should look like his Mom too. He doesn't really, but we'll just say he does. ;)

I am so eager to see what Cale Jr. looks like too! I've been SO tempted to cheat and look, but I haven't. I love surprises. Hope it's a good surprise! o.O Welll, you've got it partially right with the wedding party participants anyway. That's all I'll say. ;)

They did a good job with Del Sol Valley eh? Looks a lot like L.A. I'm told. I wouldn't know personally since I've never been there. Adam's house is mega luxurious. It's the biggest, fanciest house in my save at the moment. It's the same one he had last year, I just brought it over for him. It's up on a terrain made hill, three stories, has an indoor garden, 3-4 bedrooms and just as many bathrooms, it's own cinema and so, so much more. I love it, but I could never play in it. WAY too big for my comfort zone. hehe But Adam deserves it. :)

Ohhh, never thought perhaps he was acting out because he couldn't talk to his brother. They're best friends and rarely apart. Aww, makes me feel bad for doing that now. Ah well, it wasn't for long and he seems to be over it now. You're welcome! That's the very reason I posted about it, so others would know how to increase their challenge Sims fame if it was going too slowly for them. It's crazy how fast it goes up! At least with the violins since they're so expensive. ;)

Ah, okay, yeah that makes sense why he'd have so many. Love the medals they get, Josh got all of them last year too. So glad they gave us a display case to put them in too. It's kind of big though, kind of wish it was a wall display case, but no biggie. :) Good idea making the medals, or some of them anyway rewarded for being the Hero of StrangerVille.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited June 2022
    June 13th: To Selvadorado

Today's Accomplishments:
    Jungle Explorer
    - Buy 3 goods off market tables
    - Eat a Selvadoradian meal
    - View statue of Madre Cosecha
    - Find an area off the path

F2ClgFf.png
    Bright and early Monday morning we found ourselves outside our camping spot in Selvadorada!

LiwFCiQ.png

After setting up our stuff, we headed into town to pick up some gear and take in the sights.
    We spent a little time looking around and appreciating the art and architecture.

EsufoNc.png

We then perused the market tables and picked up a few things we thought might come in handy.

L00o8PU.png

We stopped and had a little lunch at one of the local vendors, and although the food was spicy, it was truly delicious!

Vf1lOlK.png

There was a river running nearby, so of course we had to pull out our fishing rods and see what we could catch.

ePnvJ5Q.png

We found one new fish we hadn't caught before, a Tambaqui!

YliNC2S.png

Back at our campsite we freshened up a bit before taking one of the machetes I'd bought and hacking our way into the jungle.

wIlX482.png

I led the way and even managed to get chased out of a strange sim's campsite before reaching a clearing.
    As Kaori looked around for possible archeological digging sites, I took my machete and headed to another wall of vines.

ikIMfYV.png

After a bit more hacking, I made my way into the dense jungle and was even able to help a family of capybaras before stumbling into a clearing containing the remains of an ancient airplane. My act of kindness must have pleased somebody, because as I emerged from the jungle a halo of light surrounded me for a couple seconds. Strange.

cCWRbGm.png

Kaori was right on my heels, and she squealed excitedly when she found a dig site.
    I was more interested in a mysterious looking stone chest that was sitting conspicuously near the airplane. I put my shoulder into it, and was able to slide the heavy lid open a couple inches.

t34HZfv.png

Inside I found some adventure gear as well as a few simoleons.

9xJhX9Y.png

It must have been stashed here by a previous explorer.
    I went to see what Kaori might have dug up, and as we waited, Carol and I chatted about the swinging bridge she'd seen a little ways ahead.

KWDgZrq.png

Kaori was finally able to unearth an artifact-shaped dirt clump, and I asked if she might walk me through my own excavation. We found another site, and as she gave me pointers, I carefully dug up an ancient ceremonial knife!

3m9YDtv.png

It was getting dark, so we jogged back to our camp for the night.
    Carol and Kaori were still wound up, so they stayed up and practiced their magic.

0qvwJCc.png

It was kind of nice to get through a whole day with nobody recognizing me!
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    I'm back! :smiley:
    The last two weeks, uni was really kicking my butt but I got all of my final assignments in and just waiting on the results now, and can finally get back into the groove of playing and doing daily updates! Yay!

OH and werewolves??? Heck to the yes! I don't know how I'm going to fit werewolves into my lore but they will be in there somewhere and Aaron is going to have to be one at some point ;) If it means Aaron gets attacked again, so be it :joy: I'm still figuring it out though haha
    I hate Evergreen Harbour (the world from EL and currently scheduled for July) so if I get the werewolves pack on release I'll probably do Moonwood Mill next month! I'm so excited!

I think I'll get to full comments sometime soon, but I needed to say this:

@Karababy52
    Jun 13:
    OKAY maybe I'm just overemotional because I submitted my last university assignment last night and it still doesn't feel real, but I straight up BAWLED at Cale's speech to Sandy before he proposed :bawling::bawling: - had to turn away from my computer and just cry for a few minutes, so thank you. This is the biggest mess I've ever been during this challenge :joy:

Huge congrats to Cale and Sandy, and I bet their wedding is going to be amazing! <3

OH also - Cale's new hair is also Audax's hair, sweet! It looks fantastic on him, and that beard really suits him too!
    edited June 2022
    @afai1261

Welcome back! :)

Yay! Congrats on turning in your last assignment. It probably won't feel real for awhile, but you did it! \o/ Proud of you! :) YES! Werewolves! Gah! I'm so excited for the pack! I even made a (somewhat) new Sim to try it out if I don't use Cale. I want to use him and switch out a world, but I don't know which month to remove. I'd like to remove Brindleton Bay, I don't like the Cats & Dogs aspiration. However, that's not until November! o.O Not sure I can wait that long. I had thoughts of perhaps taking out Brindleton Bay, replacing it with Evergreen Harbor and doing Moonwood Mill next month too! I even have an idea on how to make it happen.

But, again, not sure if I want to wait that long to play in Evergreen Harbor. Unlike you, I love that pack! So, at this point, I'm undecided on what to do. I might do Moonwood Mill next month, then shift everything a month after that, except replace Brindleton Bay for Forgotten Hollow. See, I don't want to do Werewolves and Vampires back to back. It makes no sense to me to do it that way. I can't think of a reason at the moment anyway why Cale would go from being a Werewolf to a Vampire when they're rivals! Gah! I'll figure something out soon though. :)

Aww, you have no idea how much that means to me. I tried really hard with Cale's proposal to make it personal to them from the heart. It makes me tear up too whenever I read it and I've read it a zillion times. :D Can't help it, I'll forever be a hopeful romantic. <3 You made my night and it makes it all worthwhile writing Cale's story when I read comments like that. Thank you! <3

Not sure how to go about their wedding yet, but I'm seriously thinking about using MWS for it instead of just a quickie wedding like I normally do for my Sims. They'd be my first couple to get married that way if I do. We'll see how it goes. It is? Opps! Didn't mean to do that. I haven't put Audax in my save yet, been too busy with Cale and his family. Forgot how hard it is to take care of so many Sims. Might seem like not many to most, but I'm comfortable with one or two and get stressed with many more. It helps they have full autonomy, but gets frustrating at times as a result. :D Thanks about the beard too, I love that beard! I think it's my new favorite. Also love, love, LOVE the new long hairstyle on the premade Lou and Sage for the Werewolves pack! <3

Oh, one more thing about the Werewolves pack, here's the Sim I made/remodeled I might use for it, Ben Barkley. Does he look familiar? He should! ;)

pXxmT0B.png
    Actually, THIS beard is my new favorite! It looks so good!
    edited June 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-may23.jpg
    May 23: Home Sweet Home!

Special Appearances By: Cale Conrad ( @Karababy52 ), Dylan Healy ( @SoulGal7 ), Adam Strong ( @RememberJoy )
    It was leaked that D.J. was the mastermind in bringing down the Mother Plant from the Laboratory. It had already reached the media that the military in StrangerVille couldn't cover it up and take the credit for it themselves. There was even an anonymous tip coming from a scientist that was stationed in StrangerVille as well who had taken pictures and shown that Dash Joseph Faireborn was the hero behind it all.

Grand Marshal Reece congratulates D.J. on a job well done, but wasn't happy he did it behind his back. He tells D.J. that it should have been brought to his attention. D.J. wanted to share what he knew about what he heard from the bug he planted in Reece's coat. But he lets it go since no actual reprimand came from the disobedience of not telling his commanding officer.

dj-05-302.jpg

That afternoon, buses begin arriving to transport the military personnel back home. D.J. and Adam board the same bus to take back to the bus station and then back to Adam's house. D.J. still hadn't found a place of his own yet.

It is bittersweet for D.J. as he has made some more new friends. He makes sure to add them to his contact list in his phone. He would want to keep tabs on them.

dj-05-303.jpg

D.J. is happy to be back in Windenburg. He follows Adam into the house. He was researching in buying his own place in Windenburg when he received his draft notice. Although Adam said he wasn't a burden, D.J. still wants to find his own place.

dj-05-304.jpg

D.J. checks his SimsPay account. All those who got drafted were told they would get paid for their services. D.J. couldn't believe he has over 75k simoleons in his account. He knew he could definitely afford a place of his own now.

dj-05-305.jpg
    dj-05-306.jpg

However, Adam asks D.J. if he wouldn't mind being his roommate for a little bit to watch over his place. He was about to go back to the University to teach his yoga classes again now that he's back from the military. D.J. agrees only if Adam allows him to pay rent for which Adam thinks is doable.

dj-05-307.jpg

After changing, D.J. heads down to Walrus Books. His boss is happy to see him again. She was even hoping he'd contact her.

"I was hoping you'd write an exclusive article for us here at Walrus Books." Olivia comments.
    "I was thinking of continuing my book writing and write my story through that. But I'm willing to write a small article leading into and introducing my book if Walrus Books publishes it." D.J. suggests in return.
    "I think we can make that happen."
    "I also have a science fiction book I want to write about me entering the Star Wars Universe."
    "Interesting. Not something we usually publish here at Walrus Books, but with your popularity on the internet and all over right now, it could be good publicity for us."

dj-05-308.jpg

D.J. spends a lot his day writing his two new books from his cubicle.

dj-05-309.jpg
    dj-05-310.jpg
    dj-05-311.jpg
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    June 13th Comments:

@Karababy52
    Aww, I enjoyed the reunion images of Cale and Sandy with L. And the proposal. Loved it. Funny you had yours in the Magic Realm. :wink::wink: Wait until the boys find out. Jr. will be ecstatic that mommy and daddy are getting married.
    Hmm...I'll have to go back and see what he looked like before his makeover if you showed it. Been so long it feels like now. :lol: Maybe it's just me thinking Joe looks like a teenaged Cale. He really does look like him to me. Could be the hairstyle as well since Cale had short hair his teenage part.

@RememberJoy
    What a nice start for Adam and family on their trip to Selvadorada. Can't wait for them to explore further and encounter the other species. :joy: You always manage to capture Adam's best facial expressions and looking forward to that.

@afai1261
    Good to see you posting again. Crossing fingers you got awesome grades on your finals. Looking forward to seeing Aaron become a superstar in your story. Also, Hunter a vampire and Aaron a werewolf...will be an exciting story to say the least. :smile:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @Karababy52 @afai1261 @RememberJoy @LegacySims2017

Hi All!

Thanks for the support everyone. I think I was rather frustrated this weekend because I had played my new sim and then realized he couldn't do the kava party and I had basically wasted the whole weekend doing that when I could have been doing the Dylan story.

Anyway, I think what I am going to do here is work on Dylan's story slowly, and at least get his uni screenies out there, since I have them all, and at least finish up the uni portion. Sorry about all this, but there are some personal behind-the-scenes things going on, and so I will probably just be doing this on the weekend. I just can't post in this challenge everyday.

I think once I get through the uni/Strangerville story, perhaps it will be easier.

Have a great day/night everyone! :)
    edited April 2023
    June 1
    MnqDK2XJ_o.jpg
    I'm still trying to figure out how I want to present the story for them moving to DSV - I have an idea but only a very vague plan of how to make it work since I didn't get a lot of time to actually develop it.
    I'm hoping that as the month goes on I'll be able to integrate it properly - trying to type it out and make it sound organic and also make sense is kinda hard for me right now lol

BUT on the surface it'll probably just be the same reason everyone else is moving to DSV pretty much :joy: - fame and recognition from defeating the Mother, opportunities in DSV now that Aaron's accomplishment is known.
    I kinda feel bad about just taking the easy way out with saying this though because it sounds like plagiarism :D

Anyways, here's their new house! I keep forgetting to take note of creators, I'm awful :joy:
    PHDpHkK.png

They live right next door to Cale, Aster and Leo, who have the house that Cale's fam lives in in Karababy's game ;)
    CYEcxoQ.png
    Bonus pics of them because I have no self-control :joy:
    buJEPxn.png
    pxALhc9.png
    QzWAIiT.png
    ol7WZvk.png
    iSPHUvD.png

Of course, the first thing to do is plant some plants:
    xZqsr0G.png

And upgrade the bed
    cmS7OMi.png

Phil is here too :smiley: He's part of the family now LOL
    MldM2kP.png

The welcome wagon came around, and Aaron finally met someone that I've been wanting him to meet for ages. And yes, Adam and Kaori are his neighbours too.
    61MPkcg.png

I put Velma in DSV since she's, you know, famous in Shadami's game ;) So I figured she deserved it :joy:
    (I did give her the outfit from Get Famous though)
    cl727NY.png
    h3VYhUk.png
    It was almost like she didn't exist in this save until this point because she never showed up anywhere at all, and that made me kinda sad since she and Aaron are best friends in Shadami's game. So I'm glad she came around in the Welcome Wagon :) And now Aaron has another good friend!

Aaron left his guests to paint :D
    fWhGVyd.png

And of course the guests have nothing better to do than eat Aaron's food *rolls eyes*
    shhhf9I.png
    4va5xz7.png

Adam introduced himself to Yoshi
    9KX3lFz.png

I just noticed you can gain fame from publishing papers and all those other botanist things which is very cool!
    HJpKHEh.png

I love this awesome print above his desk!
    yU2adsw.png

Aaron was going to bed and I thought he looked extremely hot so I had to take a pic :Ddon't judge me lol
    qjJ0Imm.png
    dxFZ2TM.png

And finally, I gave them a hot-tub so there was only one thing to do ;)
    NyWewlO.png
    Iyk1FiB.png
    ynz40l9.png
    tfaB4hT.png
    xIYhwyA.png
    WBZe5CL.png
    bmvTL3P.png

Post edited by afai1261 on
    edited June 2022
    SORRY, I know I said I was going to do proper comments but I procrastinated and... didn't :grimace:and I am super tired now
    But here are these lol

@Karababy52
    Thank you! It's good to be back again!

I haven't been this excited for a pack since Realm of Magic in 2019! I think werewolves is going to be the first pack I buy on release in a long time :smiley:
    I made a couple of sims for the pack too, had one on my gallery that was a vampire in game but intended to be a werewolf, and I'm so excited to finally turn him into one for real instead of just pretending.

I've never completed the C&D aspiration actually, but after reading through Maggie's legacy-bachelor where Rowan had it, it seems so freaking tedious! But I really love Brindleton Bay so I don't want to replace that...

I just really don't like Evergreen Harbour so with the news that werewolves was coming with a new world I had to instantly replace it lol.
    I'll have to think about where Aaron's story is going and if I want to change world order because yeah that rivalry thing between werewolves and vampires... I don't know how I'm going to work that into my lore but I do know that I want to play with werewolves as soon as possible :D
    Because if I end up causing ANOTHER rift between Aaron and Hunter... ah dang it! Plot holes, plot holes everywhere :joy: Time for me to do some critical thinking lol

And then, for why Aaron becomes a werewolf in the first place, my only idea is to reuse the attack thing that I used in February! UGHHHHH
    why must storytelling be so complicated??? :D

Gah it was just so sweet and touching, hit all the feels and I don't think I've cried that hard at a piece of writing in a long time! Just glad I was home alone so I didn't have to explain myself :joy:
    Masterful. Absolutely masterful. Glad I could make your night :blush:<3

I don't have MWS, but if I did I'd probably have held Aaron and Hunter's wedding with it. Though I think what I ended up actually doing was a lot better IMO ;)

It's no problem at all that Cale has the same hair as Audax, and of course no worries about not having put him in the save yet!
    Hunter used to wear Praline N48 like Cale does now, but I gave him a different Praline beard when he aged up to YA :)
    I think my favourite beard might be the one that Aaron has now. I tried other beards on him for this month and none looked as stunning as that one :D

OMG, Errol Flynn! ;););)
    It's Eros' "business man" disguise, right? From when he collected Cale at the end of March? Recognised those eyes!

@LegacySims2017
    Absolutely loved seeing Aaron kick mother plant butt and look extremely hot in his military gear too!
    And that tactical stuff that he was wearing when exploring the lab for the first time?! :love:
    Also that eyecandy in Shower Buddies (May 16)... :joy: omg loved that, thank you :joy::joy:

Congrats to DJ and his team :smiley:
    *Everyone - I've been fiddling with the worlds schedule to fit in Werewolves while I wait for some of my Mods/CC to be updated. The order might change depending on gameplay and any ideas I might get as a result. However, this is what I am thinking about doing at the moment. Feel free to change your own if you like, or stick to my/your original schedule if you do not plan to purchase Werewolves.

The order in which we do worlds really isn't an issue. Last year, I ordered them in relation to their release date, but the order was changed later in the year by request. So, this challenge continues to be tweaked and modified as time goes on. It's very flexible I guess you could say. It just depends on what is personally fun for you. The main rules will mostly always stay the same though, for example; starting out as a teen, aging up guide, completing world aspirations, posting at least one image per day, in other words the basic bones of the challenge.

Tentative New July-December Schedule for Cale:

July - Moonwood Mill (Werewolves)

August 1st: Age up to Adult

August - San Myshuno (City Living)
    September - Evergreen Harbor (Eco Lifestyle)
    October - Henford-on-Bagley (Cottage Living)
    November - Forgotten Hollow (Vampires)

December 1st: Age up to Elder

December - Sulani (Island Living) Retire after aspiration is complete.

You'll notice I have removed Brindleton Bay. I absolutely love the world, but I don't like the aspiration for it. I had an idea to keep this world and max out the Veterinarian skill within owning/operating a Veterinarian clinic with another goal of reaching 5 Stars for it. I think it would be fun to do that instead. However, I don't know what world I would remove for Werewolves instead if I did that since I like the aspirations/worlds in all the other packs. The only other I would even remotely consider removing is San Myshuno. Hmm...

Also, last year I had intended to end the challenge in Sulani, but switched things around to add Cottage Living's Henford-on-Bagley as the retirement world for Essa and Josh. I decided to go back to the original plan for Cale.

Thoughts?

I'll get started on comments/replies next. Hopefully I'll be able to do the patch update later tonight and play for a story. If not, it'll most likely be just a daily post pic. :)
    @LegacySims2017
    Of course GM Reece isn't pleased DJ didn't tell him. Smart DJ didn't tell him he knew his plans and just let it go. The more I look at this Sim, the more he reminds me of Ross played by David Schwimmer from Friends. He played an officer similar to Reece in a movie called Band of Brothers. hehe

Aww, is that Cale and Dylan hugging by the bus? Whoa! 75K! Yep, DJ can definitely get his own place now. Ah, cool Adam asks him to stay and watch over the house/pay rent for the time being. Nice his former employer, Walrus Books is willing to publish his books. Of course, it's a win-win situation for them and DJ due to his fame and popularity. :)

Thanks! I love L. and so does Cale and Sandy, of course. Yeah, I wanted somewhere special for Cale to propose, so I thought where they had their 'first' kiss would be a good place. Plus they're Spellcasters so it just made sense it would happen in the Magic Realm. Plus, I just love that world, it's so beautiful. I'm sure both boys will be absolutely thrilled for them.

Joe looked very different when he aged up to a child. I thought he did look similar to Cale as a toddler though. So, when Joe aged up to a child, I gave him a bit of a remodel so he would hopefully age up to look more like Cale instead of just a generic Sim. Surprisingly he does! The hair does help, yes. :) I guess because Cale was a teen when he had Joe is the reason that happened, it's a glitch/bug.

@SoulGal7

So happy to hear you will continue with Dylan's story! I understand why you can't post daily, it's cool. No worries. I'm just glad you plan to at least finish with his time at Uni, possibly StrangerVille and maybe beyond. :)

@afai1261
    Woo! *fans self* What a hot daily post pic! <3

Hopefully you can figure out how to implement your plan to segue into DSV, but if you can't, don't worry one iota about using his fame to accomplish that goal. It's not plagiarism, it just makes sense! I did the same with Essa last year.

Oh! I love their new house! It's a modern ranch too, right? And you moved in Cale, Aster and Leo next door AND in the house I'm using for him! How cool is that!? Awww man, I wish you could see my ginormous smile right now! I love that you did this. So sweet! <3

Love the bonus pics of Cale and his family. I forgot Aster was preggers again. Cale looks so thrilled. Leo? Not so much. hehe That look on his face is so cute! But of course Daddy plays with him and all is well. *sniff* Such a little sweetie pie! Whoa! Uh, Hi Phil. Looks like he's recently snacked on a Sim. o.O

Very nice you've moved in Adam, Kaori and Velma too in the neighborhood! I have not seen any challenge Sims since Britechester. I should give Cale some neighbors too. HAHA! Of course they eat up his food. Sheesh! At least Adam tried to make friends with Yoshi too. Oh, I had no idea writing those papers counted for fame, good find!

Rawr! Why would I judge you, you're right, he does look hot, as he and Hunter do too in the hot tub! Mmm, yes indeed. hehe Hey, I might be an old lady, but I'm not dead yet and obviously still appreciate good looking males, be they 'real' or the pixel variety! ;)

I absolutely agree! I thought seriously about pre-ordering it, but didn't really see the point since there are no incentives to do so. Well except being able to download sooner. I'll buy it the moment it's released though. I've made two werewolves now as well. You'll see the other one before the end of June. ;) I bet it feels good to finally make your Sim a real werewolf. I'm loving how excited everyone is for this pack, especially considering the controversy over MWS. It's nice to see almost everyone happy around the boards and elsewhere for a change.

I posted my plans for Cale concerning Brindleton Bay. That aspiration is tedious, I don't like it one bit and was not looking forward to doing it again. So I think replacing it is the best way for me to implement Werewolves. At least that's the plan at the moment. I mentioned another option though too. We shall see what I ultimately do. One thing is set in stone though, Cale will be a werewolf living in Moonwood Mill next month. :)

It took a bit of thought to come up with how I'll get Cale there, but then I had a lightbulb moment that made perfect sense! I'm sure you'll figure it all out for Aaron too. I have vague plans for every month now until the end of the year, so that's a good thing. IF, I stick to my current tentative schedule. Plans change during gameplay though, so we'll see what happens. I understand though, stories are complicated to write sometimes. Especially if you're writing on the fly like I do. hehe

Still floors me that what I wrote for Cale's proposal pulled such strong feelings from you. Masterful? Eh, thanks so much for saying that, but I don't know if I'd say that about my writing. I just get lucky sometimes that my ideas seemed to work out as planned. :) I'm very flattered though!

Yeah, after watching James Turner's wedding in his LP YT series yesterday using the pack, I'm not so sure I want to use it for Cale and Sandy. I probably still will but try to make it a bit more simple than the way he went. I know one thing for sure, I'm not going to have all the extra parties they can do with it. Nope! Just the wedding. However, I will have Cale make a bouquet for Sandy on the flower arranging table. I think that'll make a nice 'wedding' gift from him to her. :) Bit of a spoiler saying that, but oh well.

Yes, I remember Hunter used to wear Cale's current beard, that's actually how I got it in my game! So thanks for that! I think it suits Cale too, it's a great beard. Aaron's current beard is very sexy, I love it too! He looks so good with it, I can see why you love it! :)

Yep, you're right! I started a new save so I could remove Eros' alien trait and use his 'disguise' to make Ben. I changed him a little, but not much. Gave him new traits, added a scar, made him hairier, new clothes and voila! His looks will change even more once I have the pack for the CAS assets as well. :) Those eyes are a dead giveaway. hehe I love those eyes by the way and have you to thank for those as well! <3
    edited June 2022
    June - Day 14: "Happy Flag Day!"

dYUkrv3.png

Notes

We're headed outside to the firepit to grill some steaks soon and I'm not sure when we'll be back inside so I'm posting a 'placeholder' just in case. One of my biggest Mods has been updated, but I'm still waiting on one other big one before I dare get the patch and open Cale's save. Hopefully it will be updated before Midnight and I'll be able to at least update the daily post pic. This one is from awhile ago I never posted, I love it though. :) I might just not update with the patch yet and play offline instead if I have time later and the mod hasn't been updated yet. Anyway, I hope y'all have a wonderful rest of your day/night! <3

*Note - This post will stay as is. Thanks for understanding! :)
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    June 14th: The Temple

Today Accomplishments:
    Jungle Explorer
    - Examine 3 traps
    - Reach level 3 in Selvadoradian Culture

qXYZCpu.png
    Our adventures today began when we crossed the swinging bridge we'd seen yesterday.

ej1H7xp.png

The falls were so beautiful that it put both Kaori and me into a flirty mood, so of course we had to share a kiss.

9ZEfran.png

I got out my tripod and camera because this was the perfect photo opp. Carol posed for me before we took a couple together.

XAbLZSD.png
    QCqc2Vs.png

Then I grabbed Kaori and we got a couple in together too.

NI468GC.png

There was another wall of vines crossing our path, so I got out my machete and got to work.

AYbZsR4.png

This time I came upon a totem that looked like it might be booby trapped, so I used my fire foam to disarm it and claimed the artifact it guarded.
    When I came out the other side, I found a large clearing filled with vine covered archways.
    I ran towards one that looked like it might lead to a temple and got hacking.

wXZyRXM.png

While I was doing that, Kaori was excavating an artifact site when she got attacked by a swarm of lightning bugs.

1YVLgZ3.png

They gave her a good zap, but fortunately she was unharmed, just a little dazed.

OiKVGzS.png

When I finally made my way through the arch, we found ourselves in front of an ancient temple.
    We cautiously climbed the steps and entered the crumbling building.

iwKuHM3.png

Inside we found a maze of water that required us to swim to reach further into the temple.

CR1bvL9.png

We threw on our suits and jumped in!

SKbDCHT.png

On the other side, we found a door being guarded by fire. Kaori explained that the odd looking statues we saw were actually puzzles that would turn off the fire if we could figure them out.
    We both took a statue, and using my logic, I ruled out all but one of the choices.

lLGgrWQ.png

I pulled the lever, and as the parts rotated, a blue light glowed out from the artifact.

OPjpKWG.png

I ran to the door and cheered; the passage was now clear!
    We descended deeper into the temple and found ourselves facing three skeleton warriors!

jKCoGyy.png

Fortunately they were just the next puzzle we had to figure out. This time I could only rule out one option, so I made a guess and...

jNoe48a.png

I guessed wrong.

gGnmNM3.png

I was caught up into a swirl of dust and twirled around for a second before falling back to the floor feeling gritty and dirty. Yuck!

UJsJ9NT.png

I pulled the only lever left to me, and the door with the electricity blocking our path was turned off.

4aGUmGb.png

The next chamber held two puzzles.
    I started with the one I hadn't seen before, a small platform that required you to stand on it while in a certain mood. Strange but alright.
    I narrowed it down to one option: flirty.
    What luck! I was still feeling flirty from the falls! I jumped up on the platform but instantly regretted doing so.

jTR6N4o.png

The other artifact must hold the right trigger, because this one glowed red and I instantly had to pee like crazy.
    As I was dealing with this, Carol finished examining the other artifact and stuck her hand into a hole and pulled a lever.

iFFV4nE.png

Success!

JTsHrq4.png

Except now I had just peed myself and was a stinking mess.

4K0yviQ.png

Good thing I have a spell for that!

rHMdtnw.png

The last chamber had three puzzles, so we each took one.

7hQcOqI.png

This time I successfully choose the right option the first time, and the last door was open!
    Inside we found three treasure chests that we quickly raided. Most of them contained relic pieces, but we did find a gold frog in the last chest!

5gAy1bN.png

We were all feeling hungry by now, so we teleported back to camp but found it had started raining while we were exploring.
    To get out of the rain we returned to town to check out the bar there.
    We all got some fish tacos and I chatted up the locals to learn more about their culture.

wbHN8Qi.png

Kaori had to drag me home a couple hours later as she was still recovering from her shock earlier, and need to get to bed.
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-may24.jpg
    May 24: A Life Lived in Love Will Never Be Dull!

D.J. calls up Paige. The two have only been texting each other since he first messaged her while he was in StrangerVille.

"I sure have missed you!" D.J. exclaims.
    "I've missed you, too." Paige replies over the phone.
    "I really want to see you. Are you free this evening?"
    "I can be."
    "Meet me in the magic realm around 8:00 then?"
    "Are you giving me the chance for that rematch duel? I don't know if I can win against a celebrity spellcaster now!"
    "I wouldn't call myself a celebrity."
    "You're being called a hero all over the place. I'm surprised all the other girls around town haven't hit on you yet."
    "There's only one girl in my life and I get to see her tonight."

dj-05-312.jpg

As the evening hours arrived, D.J. prepares himself to meet Paige in the magic realm. He hasn't seen her for what feels like ages. He was a bit nervous but was ready. He knew if he could defeat an alien plant, he could do this.

Paige is waiting for him at the portal entrance, and D.J. approaches her. He gives her a kiss on the cheek.

"You look so beautiful tonight." D.J. says to Paige and she blushes.

dj-05-313.jpg

"I remember the first day I saw you. I was learning to be a spellcaster and it was time for me to duel others. You were there. Something drew me to you at that moment. I don't know what it was." D.J. continues.

dj-05-314.jpg

"And then when you visited the Halliwell Manor, I felt an even stronger connection between us. As if we were meant to find each other." D.J. brushes his hand against Paige's cheek.

dj-05-315.jpg

"When I was free from the spell cast on me and I left Glimmerbrook, I continued wanting to be around you. I enjoyed our time at the Conservatory and you telling me the history behind it. I decided to take a chance at going to the University. I wanted to see you again, but then my past relationship formed in my head. It didn't end well with her or her family. To this day, I still don't know what really happened, but she was upset with me and pushed me away. I thought you'd do the same thing. But you didn't. In fact, you came over to the University and met my dormmates and we spent an afternoon together." D.J. somberly says.

dj-05-316.jpg

More news hit and I was to be drafted into the military. I wanted to spend time with you before I left. I took you to a nightclub. One of my friends, Robin, was also there. She assumed I was proposing to you from what it looked like from her distance. I think she was onto something, Paige."

dj-05-317.jpg

D.J. gets down on one knee and cups his hands together. "Paige Matthews, you are my love I have been looking for..."

dj-05-318.jpg
    dj-05-319.jpg

D.J. reaches into his pocket and pulls out a ring. "It will be an honor, a delight, and make me the happiest Sim in the world if you accept this ring and be my wife."

Paige was silent for a moment with tears in her eyes. She then nods and allows D.J. to place it on her finger.

dj-05-320.jpg
    dj-05-321.jpg
    dj-05-322.jpg
    dj-05-323.jpg
    dj-05-324.jpg

Side Note:
    I am mad at myself...lol! I had an image set to screencap of D.J. holding the ring up. I forgot to take a screenshot. Grr...!!! Oh, well.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    June 15th: Finding a fishing spot

Today's Accomplishments:
    Angling Ace - Completed!
    - Collect 20 different fish

Jungle Explorer
    - Defend against 2 natural dangers

Archeology Scholar
    - Excavate 3 dig piles
    - Uncover dirt clump
    - Achieve level 4 in archeology
    - Survey for a dig pile

Pamn8hu.png
    I got up before the girls and tinkered around with the archeology table that Kaori's school had sent with her.
    I pulled out some of the relics I'd found in the temple and tried combining two pieces to see what the whole relic might have looked like.

dc8KIYF.png

As soon as the two halves touched, a brilliant light shone out and the whole thing rose up out of my hands.

Qs9fMRc.png

With a flash, the relic fell back down into my arms, now fused into one. Wow!

I put it away and pulled out a dirt covered artifact that I set on the bench.

xkjeHqr.png

Carefully I began removing the dirt until hours later I'd uncovered yet another ancient knife.

RhcT1ev.png

By now the girls were up, so we returned to the jungle to explore one of the other arches we'd seen the day before. I'm glad I bought some repellent, because the spiders here are huge!

jVx3bW3.png

After hacking away the vines covering the arch, we discovered a swampy river filled with alligators!

82nhcjZ.png

Never ones to turn our backs on a good fishing opportunity, we pulled out our rods and threw in our lines.

N8kWr0g.png

We caught a few new fish and Kaori even managed to fish up an ancient gold plate! I always knew she was a good catch.

XtV61O2.png
    cXMMFhw.png

By early afternoon we'd had our fill of fishing, so we left the jungle and went to go check out a natural pool located near town.

G1G4WYt.png

The day was warm and the cool spring waters felt amazing.
    We lounged the rest of the day away, watching the clouds, digging up more artifacts (they're everywhere around here), and grilling up dinner on one of the available grills.

SqGCpZ2.png
    pdxbNzY.png

When the sky clouded up and started to drizzle, we packed up and headed back to camp for the night.
    edited June 2022
    June - Day 15: "Detective Law starring Cale Conrad as Detective Grant Dawson..."

aENijaC.png

Notes
    SZWd7nm.png
    Cale and Sandy were both feeling very flirty and frisky after their engagement, but the gardens were just a bit too public to do anything about it. They could've just went home, but neither one wanted to wait that long. They transportalated to an upper balcony at HQ where an observatory was located and had some hot and heavy fun before anyone knew they were even there.

Afterward they went in search of the boys and the Sages to tell them the good news. Everyone was extremely happy and thrilled for them, of course. Especially L. when Sandy asked her to be her Lady of Honor. Congratulations, hugs and kisses were shared all around before the family went home. It was getting late, the boys had school and Cale had a gig in the morning.

3cMe7el.png
    The next morning the boys left for school and Cale went outside to practice his singing. Just moments before it was time to leave for his gig, a very special person started to jog by, but stopped in her tracks upon seeing Cale.
    "Wait...is that..."

gS6C5v4.png
    It's Acacia, @afai1261's Simself! She was extremely excited to see Cale squealed and screamed out, "Oh my GAWD! YES! You're Cale Conrad!" She jumped up and down not even trying to contain herself.

PQq6qeb.png
    "You're so HOT!" Acacia whispered with stars in her eyes then melted, almost passing out. hehe I was going to have Cale give her an autograph, hug, selfie, whatever she might want, but sadly, I got the 'Join' pop-up for Cale to leave for his gig. Hopefully he'll see her again soon! Made me extremely happy to see your Simself though, first sighting! Incidentally, she's the first Sim to go so crazy over Cale, I loved it! <3

TKrUEfX.png
    Outside the studio was the biggest crowd of studio staff and extras yet, most cheering when Cale arrived. Makes me laugh how this happens every single time now. He works with these people all the time, yet they still act like it's their first sighting of him as a celebrity. Judith didn't though. She ignored him. hehe Well hey, she's a Global Superstar, he's still below her. Not for long though Judy!

VHn2DRF.png
    Since she was standing right by him anyway, Cale rehearsed with his co-star right there on the sidewalk for the part they would play together today instead of inside by the mirrors.

OtsAoHQ.png
    Finally inside, Cale skipped hair & makeup today and went straight to wardrobe. I figured he didn't need a different hairstyle or makeup to play a detective. Joselyn was happy to see him and autonomously gave Cale a hug.

FC6zSbM.png
    They're very good friends by now and enjoyed having a chat and some good-natured jokes together before she did the fitting for his costume. Cale went to tell yet another new Director he was ready to go soon after.

CcgIQCH.png
    "I know you want me Newton, why do you keep friend-zoning me. We're the best team this department has ever seen. We go together so well."

RnuoGOr.png
    "Wouldn't you like to find out what it would be like for us to be together outside of work? I promise you won't regret it Babe."
    "Hmm, don't think much of yourself do you Dawson?"
    "Hey, if the gumshoe fits...
    "Cute Dawson, very cute."
    "Yes, Yes I am."
    "HAHA! You crack me up. You should be interrogating the perp right now though or the Chief will have your badge."
    "Alright, but I'm not giving up."
    "You never do."

HXoN7kc.png
    "What made you think you could take me Lizard boy? They don't give this badge to just anyone, you've gotta be tough as nails."
    "Ugh, my head, you're so mean. Isn't this police brutality?"
    "Not when you jumped me first. I have a right to defend myself against scum-bags like you."

lYKiKX4.png
    "In you go."
    "This is so humiliating."

epzgELR.png
    "I'm an actor, not a criminal. Do you have any idea who I am? I'll be out of here within the hour and have your badge for this."

jgqBz5W.png
    "I don't care WHO you are, YOU broke the law. Nobody is above the law on my watch Lizard boy. Nobody!"

qOMi08P.png
    "Stealing that costume was bad enough, but you used it to terrorize innocent children and their Mothers."
    "I didn't mean to scare them, I was just practicing my lines for the movie. What my lines should be anyway. All I get to do on set is spout monster gibberish now. It's not fair."

yt9qZ0m.png
    "Life isn't fair. We all start at the bottom and work hard to make our way to the top. I actually do know who you are. You were a big star, but then you dug yourself a hole with that scandal. Your mistake was not looking for ways to honestly get out of that hole and get rid of the shovel you used to dig it. You'll have a long time to think about what I've said Brock. I hope you do. I used to idolize you, all I feel now is sick to my stomach thinking about you and what you've done...and that's just sad. What a waste..."

WBOv6sz.png
    "Whipped cream, chocolate syrup, cherries on top, may we use all three tonight when the panties drop! Bottoms up!"

Swbi9jh.png
    "HAHAHA! GRANT! What makes you think I'll drink to that?"
    Roxy watches Grant drink, shrugs her shoulders, chugs down her drink and gives Grant a smirk.

LeCbFNf.png
    "Because a friend doesn't look at another friend with lust in their eyes. You look at me like that all the time when you think I won't see. Admit it Roxy."

2O88lLx.png
    "Alright, you got me, okay? Maybe it's the drinks talking, but you're just so dang sexy. I can't deny it anymore."

yRxbm5x.png
    "It's about time..."

qRrXnBw.png
    mrEa0IR.png
    "CUT! PRINT! That's a wrap!"

QDcCqFg.png
    "Bravo, fantastic job Cale. You were great too Beverly. You ARE the best team!"

oYXFE9I.png
    Cale hung around the set for a little while after the gig with his co-workers and friends, chatting and having a good time until everyone slowly began to drift away. Back home as Cale was walking toward his house, he got a call from his very excited Agent. Cale got another promotion to Rising Star with a raise and a bonus for his performance, and an offer for another gig. Of course he took it. He couldn't wait to tell his new bride-to-be about his day.

Comments/replies coming up next. Yesterday's post will stay as is. By the time I got my game mods updated, downloaded the patch, then did a repair, it was too late to play and update. I hope y'all understand and that you had a great day/night!
    @Legacysims2017
    Congratulations to DJ & Paige! What a sweet, romantic proposal! <3 I love how humble DJ is about his celebrity/hero status. :) Love his outfit, so handsome and debonair. Oh man, that's right, DJ still doesn't know he's a father. o.O Such a perfect spot for the proposal too, right by the portal! Aww, don't stress about not having a shot of DJ holding up the ring. It makes it more unique the way you wrote and displayed them together. :) The entire reason I used a different kiss afterward than the one you did that is automatic with proposals. :) No worries! Loved this update! Wondering now as you did who will be their attendants. I have some guesses, I'm thinking Adam will be his best man at least. Not sure about the other roles. We shall see! ;)
    June 14th Comments:

@SoulGal7
    I think weekends are just fine. Nice to know we'll get to see more of Dylan again now. Even if you do your own timeline of worlds and aspirations, I just want to see how Dylan's life turns out the way you wanted it to or were trying to make it (cause we all know the game itself has its own twists and turns).

@afai1261
    Ooo...steamy daily pic. :blush: Okay, I had to laugh at Aaron upgrading the bed. Must be a motion bed! :joy: Adam brought fruitcake. He figured he'd exchange it for better food. Ha, ha, ha! Aaron notices his Watcher staring at him going to bed. :blush:
    I figured you'd like the tactical gear I gave Aaron. :blush: .... and his backside in the shower. :grin:

@Karababy52
    Haven't seen Band of Brothers, but if I do now...I think all I'll see Schwimmer as is Ross Gellar. Yes, that was Cale and Dylan autonomously hugging each other in the background. I didn't even notice it until after I took the screenshot. The purpose was of course to show D.J. and Adam getting ready to board the bus.

When I saw your daily post of Cale proposing in the magic realm, I chuckled to myself cause I already knew I was going to have D.J. propose to Paige there. It is a beautiful spot...during the day or night. That's why I commented what I did. And it did make sense as well from the storyline standpoint.
    Kind of glad I don't have any big Mods except MC Command Center as of these days. I do have other Mods, but they are very low key. The kind that really won't break my game cause I could easily go without them. I do enjoy that daily pic even if it's a past image that was never used. Cale looks content.

@RememberJoy
    Ha. You didn't disappoint with your daily image. Love Adam's face with that spider on his shoulder. What a fun day exploring inside the temple. Poor Kaori though getting jolted. Hopefully she can sleep it off with Adam by her side. Oh yeah, gotta laugh at Adam also wetting himself. Least he didn't pee in the pool areas of the temple. :wink:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    June 15th Comments:

@RememberJoy
    Love the daily image with the alligator. Luckily it didn't attach itself to Adam or family fishing line. :grimace:

@Karababy52
    lol @ the detective scene. So weird they had a dressed up lizard as a perp. But I liked your story behind it. Can't wait to see Cale's next gig. Gonna be sad not seeing these when June is over...lol!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-may25.jpg
    May 25: Anton Von Haunt!

dj-05-325.jpg
    dj-05-326.jpg
    dj-05-327.jpg
    dj-05-328.jpg

Side Note:
    No storytelling for this daily image. Figured I'd give some child shots of D.J.'s son he still doesn't know he has as of yet. As a child, there's a lot of resemblance to his mother. I think his facial expressions are more of his father.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited April 2023
    June 2
    RJYTi4cL_o.jpg
    Yqm2p1G.png
    W3EiwQ9.png
    P0VxHKm.png

8Na1NDJ.png

Yes, that is my makeover of Thorne Bailey.
    uYo4ylk.png
    Why is his nose so big, my gosh
    0EFxyQR.png

I sent Aaron out to the, uh, town part of DSV (I can't remember what the neighbourhood is actually called :joy: ) and Elle finally made an appearance again!
    zFuGaT3.png

So of course Hunter had to come out and say hello to his mother
    cjmnp0J.png

Also I may or may not have made Hunter's parents try for baby...
    w8wuosb.png

There was a guitar in Aaron and Hunter's StrangerVille house and Hunter actually autonomously played it once or twice, so I decided it could be his instrument while Aaron has the violin that he stole from the Magic Realm.
    I like to imagine they were playing music that actually sounded good :joy:
    d8THqGO.png

And while Aaron was playing by himself, Aldo came and watched, then gave him some tips :smiley:
    WAWeMiK.png

While they were still out, Aaron finally rolled a certain whim...
    So it was off to Mount Komorebi early the next morning.
    0mQUSgB.png

Aaron had to take a selfie for his simstagram first :D
    usNm6kP.png

Hunter was in the hotspring.
    DMcIOHj.png

And then it was time for the excursion to actually start.
    YbUQWUI.png
    QwJtl2q.png

Hunter celebrated getting to the top of the first wall with a song.
    Wpx5jL8.png
    4oub2rF.png

Of course, just as they had the first time, they also celebrated with a kiss.
    pIDzGL9.png

vPFsYFm.png
    5BLjHn2.png
    bMDJnlr.png
    DcuioCk.png
    HkLATY4.png

Hunter!
    g5IjuTN.png
    b0QtIpj.png

XPhHuO3.png

It was soon Aaron's turn to celebrate with a song, on his violin as Hunter finally made it to the top after his fall
    iB05UuC.png
    SBDJIrg.png

And another kiss, naturally ;)
    MhciucB.png
    8p1fzK6.png
    CIuG4W1.png

After lighting the bonfire, it's obviously time for yet another song :joy:
    Y9fbevs.png
    EHFMgj2.png

I came prepared this time so Aaron didn't have to eat a raw potato LOL (it's a bolt energy bar)
    oQYmRWc.png
    qzVevGJ.png

Y5nnTBk.png

And they're finally off to Croft Icefall.
    wHSCmm1.png
    inRkrSK.png
    j76ipDk.png

I admit I did cheat Hunter's rock climbing skill to level 6 so he could climb it. It doesn't matter because he's not the challenge sim ;)
    WFdOT0m.png
    jxB3zmZ.png

Finally at the peak!
    nnLdbMM.png
    Xw0PNkY.png

It was too dark when they got to the top to do what I wanted them to do, so I had them make a snowpal and set up the tent.
    oxSa4Au.png
    GCm42G0.png
    ;)
    8a7NBMZ.png

Post edited by afai1261 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top