Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SDX June 13th

Anyone know what has been included in today's SDX?

I can't seem to find anything new in game and no news online...

Comments

• heiblumeheiblume Posts: 33 Member
    I just came on to check. I haven't found anything either.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I’m not sure. I saw those headphones but I think they’re the last one. I would love something to say what is there!
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I want to know what's new too!.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Hmmm... it's about time they put a message in game before we actually download it to say what it is we are downloading...
  • mysticdiva2mysticdiva2 Posts: 699 Member
    I dont know why they never tell you...
  • BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    Maybe an accidental drop.
    Thanks @simgirl1010 we can always rely on you xx
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    Does that mean the new death is by meteor? and that it's coming to base game?
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    edited June 2022
    Ah, sorry. Please ignore. I just realized nothing came.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member

My game isn't up date at the moment so I can't get the SDX. I can't get into the game before tomorrow evening. I was planning on updating tomorrow. Will this cause problems if this SDX is a preparation? I thought an update always included previous SDX so why an SDX to prepare for an update?
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    Aaaaaa are we getting a meteor death???

• FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I sure hope so, I miss those from TS3. It was a great way to make money too. Collect space rocks=profit!
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

There is one: trait_Ghost_Meteorite (as well as a bunch of scenario traits)
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    edited June 2022
    kusurusu wrote: »
    EgonVM wrote: »

There is one: trait_Ghost_Meteorite (as well as a bunch of scenario traits)

Ah cool. Thank you. I thought there was nothing.

I'll see if I can put it on my sims. If I can, I'll share the description.

Edit. Tried it out. Didn't work. It will tomorrow! But a cool find!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Meteors?!!!👀👀👀👀👀
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    Death by meteors is such a Sims thing. I love it.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    Wow, I must be living under a rock. LOL I had no idea we were getting a Base Game update. Sounds like fun.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited June 2022
    deleted comment. My graphics card needed updating. Will retest now ;)
    Post edited by mcrudd on
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Wow, I must be living under a rock. LOL I had no idea we were getting a Base Game update. Sounds like fun.

@GalacticGal the update tomorrow should include the lunar phases & the functional small telescope, along with whatever else they decide to include.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited June 2022
    Have the devs shared any information on what happens if you miss this SDX? I can't get into the game until Wednesday due to real life issues so I will miss the 24 hour window where I can install the SDX before the patch drops? Next time I open the game, I have to update without this SDX to prepare for the update? Will this cause problems?

I know a patch is supposed to include previous SDX but in that logic the SDX would be pointless because we would get it anyway. So why is this not part of the update? I find it very confusing.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Have the devs shared any information on what happens if you miss this SDX? I can't get into the game until Wednesday due to real life issues so I will miss the 24 hour window where I can install the SDX before the patch drops? Next time I open the game, I have to update without this SDX to prepare for the update? Will this cause problems?

I don't think it will cause any problems. I've gone long periods of time without going online and when I next logged in, I had the SDX content that had been added previously. So I don't think you'll "miss" anything if you don't log on the day it becomes available.

Open to being told otherwise, if I'm wrong, it's just been my experience that the content will still be there when you're next online.
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I know a patch is supposed to include previous SDX but in that logic the SDX would be pointless because we would get it anyway. So why is this not part of the update? I find it very confusing.
    It seems extremely strange to me for them to drop a 'no content' SDX the day before the patch. Mighty suspicious, the other me reckons :D
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,397 Member
    Is twitter (and Simgirl1010 reposting here) the only place to get reliable updates? Is there no dedicated section on the website?
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464