Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

older generations unite!

Comments

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    edited June 2022
    In my mid 40's, been playing for 22 years - the original Sims game was one of 3 or 4 games that I bought when I got my first non-mac computer -looked to good to pass up and have kept going - although a bit less with this iteration.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Rhain420Rhain420 Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm 52 and my simming journey began with SimAnt (on an Amiga) in the early 90s, followed shortly by SimCity. I've been playing The Sims (on Windows) since the first one.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I'm loving all the mentions of the Amigas. That was my first computer too but I don't recall ever playing a Sims game on it. A lot of ours were demos though, from floppy disks you got free with magazines.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited June 2022
    My first computer was an Apple IIgs my father bought for the family in 1987 or 88. I bought my own computer (PC) around 1995 or 96. I dated a guy whose kid brother got me hooked on Civilization so I bought my own PC so I could play Civilization and other new games . I still play that series! I also wanted internet access. (Ah, the lovely dial up days!)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I love Civilization too, next to Sims 3 & 4. :p
    My Dad actually got the 1st Civilization for the Amiga Compu PC back in the late 80s. I now play Civilization VI. And I've even based some of my households on my favorite leaders from Civil VI. ;)
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Turning 58, i started with sims3, but play sims4,have both,
    love playing sims, it's my place to escape :)
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Late 30s and I started with the first Sims game the second it was released!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • franka44021franka44021 Posts: 125 Member
    Early 50s, been playing since Sims 1 since my 20s :). Also have a PS5 and a Xbox, I love video games but Sims is my favorite <3.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I too am wayyyyy beyond the "target age group"!

I have a saying on my profile for another game, that I live by everyday.

"I don't regret growing older ..... it's a privilege denied to many!"

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Honk, honk! Days away from 73, still playing both TS2 & 4, started with TS1 day 1.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    edited June 2022
    telemwill wrote: »
    I just celebrated my 61st birthday.🎉 But I am thinking about aging backwards from now on.😳

You could do the Jack Benny thing, always 39.
    Post edited by Oldeseadogge on
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    This thread has really uplifted me. Mostly hearing from so many folks in their 60s and 70s who are avid Simmers. Sometimes I wonder about my future as I age (I am almost 39 and have not found the life partner I hoped for, or had any children as of yet. Of course it may happen but it also may not!) Sometimes when I meet with older folks for work, some of them are really struggling with physical challenges and loneliness or isolation. When I picture my own older years, I often think "If I still have the Sims, that's one thing that will give me joy for as long as I live." It's so nice to hear that that's a real possibility. I think sometimes I imagine that as I age, for some reason I will no longer enjoy it. So thanks to all who have shared your ages and your interests. You're awesome, keep on Simming!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    I'm in my 70's...
  • haloujahalouja Posts: 175 Member
    I’m in my late sixties, something I still find hard to believe. :) I first played computer games on a Spectrum console - the games were loaded from a cassette tape. I progressed eventually to an Amiga, which came bundled with a game called Lemmings - I loved that game. But nothing compares to my enjoyment of the Sims, in all its iterations throughout the years. Unfortunately I have not been able to play for many months now as my old computer finally died and I have no idea what spec of computer to buy to satisfy the demands of my favourite game. I’ll sort something out eventually I’m sure but in the meantime I miss my Sims.
    This signature has encountered a problem and will now close; do you want to send an error message?

25Aug2014
  • pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    halouja wrote: »
    I’m in my late sixties, something I still find hard to believe. :) I first played computer games on a Spectrum console - the games were loaded from a cassette tape. I progressed eventually to an Amiga, which came bundled with a game called Lemmings - I loved that game. But nothing compares to my enjoyment of the Sims, in all its iterations throughout the years. Unfortunately I have not been able to play for many months now as my old computer finally died and I have no idea what spec of computer to buy to satisfy the demands of my favourite game. I’ll sort something out eventually I’m sure but in the meantime I miss my Sims.

Luckily Sims 4 doesn't require a super powered gaming computer. I recommend an HP Pavilion. Their "gaming" computers can start as low as $700. That type is fine for Sims 4. If you still play Sims 3, you'd want to go a little higher for a better graphics card.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    edited June 2022
    telemwill wrote: »
    I just celebrated my 61st birthday.🎉 But I am thinking about aging backwards from now on.😳

You could do the Jack Benny thing, always 39.

Heh. I just watched a skit from the old Jack Benny show where he had a life swap thing with guest Rod Serling. At the end, someone asks if they had been in The Twilight Zone. Rod says, “Anyone who’s been 39 as many times as Benny has is already living in The Twilight Zone.”
    Post edited by cyncie on
    Sometimes I switch the numbers of my age. Like this year I decided to be 35 instead of 53 & my next birthday I'll be 45 instead of 54. :p
  • grannyfay08grannyfay08 Posts: 24 Member
    I started playing when my younger son's girlfriend introduced me to Sims 2, and I am still going at 66. I'm not sure I will change up to Sims 5 when it comes because there is just so much I haven't explored yet in Sims 4. Love the building most, but when I do play it always gives me a laugh.
  • haloujahalouja Posts: 175 Member
    pearlbh wrote: »
    Luckily Sims 4 doesn't require a super powered gaming computer. I recommend an HP Pavilion. Their "gaming" computers can start as low as $700. That type is fine for Sims 4. If you still play Sims 3, you'd want to go a little higher for a better graphics card.

Thank you so much for the information - that’s very kind of you and most helpful. :)
    This signature has encountered a problem and will now close; do you want to send an error message?

25Aug2014
  • mysticdiva2mysticdiva2 Posts: 699 Member
    I am in my Late 70's
  • pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member

I made a group for us old folks. :)
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/oldersims/

I know not everybody uses Facebook. I'd consider moving this to some other social forum, but I set it up on FB because that was easy to do, and we'll see how it goes. Please consider joining.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Ok, sent a request :)
    I answered the questions & sent a request.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited June 2022
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Sometimes I switch the numbers of my age. Like this year I decided to be 35 instead of 53 & my next birthday I'll be 45 instead of 54. :p

Fun idea but it won't work next year or the year after. ;)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 540 Member
    My username says it all! 75...born smack dab in the middle of disco, baby! MJ and Hair Bands are my jam and I am impatiently waiting for my August concert ....Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Joan Jett and Poison. Speaking of...why weren't those acts added into some of the many incarnations of the game??? That would have kicked some serious...well... you know. >:)
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p