Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When your sim puts you on "Ignore".

I've had sims drop commands before, but this one takes the cookie.

Literally.
University. Breakfast time.
And dormies are bringing in ridiculous things to eat.

Gamma (The Alien) is heading for a black and white cookie for breakfast.
I cancel that action and have her take a Monte Cristo sandwich instead.
She picks up both!
06-09-22_6-12-12_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

She then repeatedly gets in an out of her chair trying to eat that cookie.
06-09-22_6-12-32_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

06-09-22_6-13-14_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And then she takes this chair and sets down her plate.
Fine! Have the cookie.
06-09-22_6-13-45_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I guess she deserves it.
Before breakfast, I teleported her up to the roof to repair the wind turbines and clean the solar panels.
06-09-22_6-08-29_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

She's above and beyond the call of duty for a University student.
06-09-22_6-06-02_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

06-09-22_6-06-25_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Okay, you will be constantly cooking up Black and White cookies after Uni.
I believe Nami is looking at her in admiration for defying the gods.
06-09-22_6-14-08_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I suspect this is a thing in The Sims 4.
Do you have any amusing "Ignore the gods" stories?
The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Comments

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,845 Member
    edited June 2022
    She really is dedicated lol, I've had a few I know some get easily annoyed but it amuses me because I always seem to find the posts wanting more life with ts4 sims. You think of moments like this and it's funny because it's like, we have it. One I had more recently I wanted a sim to go play with sparklers with his family for New Years Eve and got them all lined up looking for a nice screenshot. When I had the picture I realized he was missing. I had stopped him from cleaning so he could use the bathroom and join them but there he was vaccuming, not even gone to the bathroom yet. The dust bunnies or rather their termination was more important than his family at that exact moment...lol.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,632 Member
    Morgyn is my most stubborn sim. When he’s in the Magic Realm, he always seems to want to sleep on the same porch bench. Now there’s a bed on the lot, and if I make him go there, he will. But, otherwise, it’s that one bench. He has, on occasion, left the bed to go to that bench I’ve quit arguing with him. Go ahead and sleep out in public, little sim.
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I have a few that double fist drinks at the bar. My rags to riches especially enjoy buying the most expensive drinks and walk around with both. Does wonders for the bladder. I eventually let those sims pee themselves.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Does my head in this kind of thing.

I have a sim who has the lazy trait. This sim is obsessed with cleaning and fitness. Make him take a lazy nap. Nope - he's up researching fitness, mopping puddles, cleaning anything remotely dirty. Neat sims don't even get a look in. As soon as plate is put down, no matter what I have put in his queue, he's got it and on the way to sink. That basketball hoop in the Spice District. He can't wait til he gets to that.

Only thing that will nail him down from his frantic activity is video games
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • rachylalarachylala Posts: 10 New Member
    Ha I've never seen a sim hold two things like that!!

I so get frustrated when my son stops doing something necessary (like eat!) to do something I've queued.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Some of mine are defiant for sure. If one of my sims ignored me like that, I'd have thrown her cookie in the trash and said "So there!" I have done that before. :D
  • crimsonnclover324crimsonnclover324 Posts: 73 Member
    Finvola wrote: »
    Some of mine are defiant for sure. If one of my sims ignored me like that, I'd have thrown her cookie in the trash and said "So there!" I have done that before. :D

I can admit that I've done that. When my elder sim refuses to get off the treadmill. Every time I turn around he's in a severe state of discomfort and over-exhaustion, I put it in the household inventory like "Try to run yourself to death now!!". It's very satisfying.
    OriginID: crimsonclover324
    YachD4h.png
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Finvola wrote: »

That's what I should have did.
    Though, I was feeling guilty for putting her on the roof at 5am to do some cleaning.

Cheeky sim.
    06-09-22_6-53-03_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I made her follow up that cookie with some cereal.
    The cookie wasn't enough to fill her hunger bar.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,806 Member
    In my favorite save, Danielle and her girlfriend stand in the kitchen or sit at the dining table to watch TV. They will not sit on the perfectly good sofa I provided them, not without me telling them too anyway.
    RfDkGwW.png?1

But Danielle will nap on that same sofa instead of sleeping in the perfectly good bed I provided her.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Personally, I don't care much. It's their lives, anyway.
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,620 Member
    It annoys me no end, especially when my sims get up in the morning...

I queue up basic activities - use the bathroom, get a shower, have breakfast. Then I switch the next sim in the the house to get their day started. When I look back over the the first, she's just standing there... do nothing. Not even doing anything else just doing nothing.

Fine Miranda... go to school hungry, unwashed and desperate to pee... see if I care!
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
    Like when my Neat sim insists on cleaning things when he's really dirty and I have to tell him multiple times to get his stinky self into the shower before he actually does it.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Sims who have low energy but decide to take a nap on their assigned bed instead. I cancel this interaction and make them sleep.
    Oh that drives me crazy too! *feels my nostrils flaring*
  • jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    I've set up a desk in my sims' living room for the teens to do their homework. It's got focused décor and a radio playing the music they like. Usually, they sit down at the desk with no issues, but every now and then, they refuse to. On those days, I have to walk them into the room and take away the door before they'll sit at the desk and do their homework.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    I had a child Sim who only ate popcorn 🍿 at her Dad’s but ate normally at her Mom’s
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited June 2022
    I have another one. :)
    The first one involved one of my trio of students at Foxbury.
    This one involves one of the trio at Britechester.

Sophia Bjergsen has the High Maintenance trait. Daily yoga prevents her from going off the deep end.
    I realized she really should be doing her homework now, but she had other ideas as she kept cancelling the command.

"Nope!"
    06-13-22_11-53-47_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    "Uh uh."
    06-13-22_11-54-30_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

"Come back in 5... Zzz."
    06-13-22_11-54-58_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

06-13-22_11-55-22_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

"Now what do we have here?"
    06-13-22_11-55-49_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And then Edgar comes along wanting to chat her up, but he gets a call from a love interest wanting to go on a date.
    Good, because I was about to send him on his way anyway.
    06-13-22_11-57-08_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I usually turn down date requests, but being an annoyed sim god, I said yes to this one.
    Sophia will have to finish her homework when we get back. Edgar's date wanted to meet up at the Stargazer Lounge.
    06-13-22_11-58-02_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    I enjoyed this, I want them to have more Karaoke nights just to see them improve.
    06-13-22_12-00-31_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

She whips out a future cube.
    Is she considering a future with Edgar?
    06-13-22_12-01-45_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

"Eh! Who knows?"
    06-13-22_12-01-58_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

06-13-22_12-02-14_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I kind of like her. Maybe this will go beyond Uni?
    06-13-22_12-06-54_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

[Rolls eyes]
    Yeah, right. This is a 2nd term fling.
    06-13-22_12-19-27_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    I had a child Sim who only ate popcorn 🍿 at her Dad’s but ate normally at her Mom’s

It sounds like a true story...
  • StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    When I politely ask my sims to gather somewhere, anywhere, for any reason, it's impossible without me loosing my mind!
    Even if it's only two or tree they will insist on going around the house, listen to music, go to another floor, getting coffee or play on their phones instead. -All on their own wacky rute, on their own time.

Getting my sims to share a meals at the same time or gather around for any activity is like watching grass grow!
  • AraeliumAraelium Posts: 60 Member
    With one sim you don't mind it too much, but imagine a family of 4+ ignoring your commands and playing their low need animation and it becomes frustrating.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Today I thought it was a good time for my sim Ilias to write a research paper. I select the option and notice he has an unfinished research paper on handiness. "Weird", I think, "I usually make him write about logic. When did I select this? Oh well, he should just write this then." I tell him to write it and go check what his wife is doing meanwhile.

I check back to Ilias and he is reading a book. I tell him to write the research paper again. After a while I check back and he is doing something else and I'm like "what is going on?! I told you to write that research paper!" I check his skills and his handiness skill isn't even 2. I wonder if that is why he doesn't get it done, but I find no option to scrap the paper so I decide he just has to write it. I tell him to write it and once again when I check back at him he is doing something else.

At this point I completely lose it! At first I tell Ilias to sit in the chair, then I tell him to write the paper and after that I stay there behind him staring at his back until he finishes it, and finally, he gets it done! :triumph:

It was a good paper too and paid well :smile:
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    @haisin I have also noticed that happens with some sims when trying to get them to do university term papers as well. What I do is put the interaction in twice and that seems to lock it and stops some other object attracting the sim's attention.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    @ModerateOsprey Oh I have to do that next time! Thank you for the tip :smile: